** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bahrain Grand Prix

Qualifying; Due to the complete domination by Mercedes at the moment none of the bookies are betting 3 places for the pole position market which makes life difficult in trying to find any value. You couldn’t recommend any of the other drivers to split either Hamilton or Rosberg so we are left with straight choice. With Hamilton at 4/9 and Rosberg at 9/4 it makes sense to side with Rosberg on this occasion purely from a value point of view. On his day Rosberg can deliver a very quick lap and as we have seen before anything can happen in qualifying and no driver should be a 4/9 shot in my eyes. Selection: To Finish On Pole 2pts Nico Rosberg 9/4 Coral

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix Betfair offering odds for top three qualifying BH. I can't decide on a bet yet. I thought going into the weekend Williams and Force India could be players. Mercedes appear to be comfortably ahead of the field though and ought to get a one-two here. Ferrari look to have a solid enough car but I can't see them upsetting Mercedes just yet. Vettel has some problems with his car in practice and generally struggled, Ricciardo of course facing a grid penalty. May play on a points finish for the Williams cars, the odds aren't very enticing at present as there's still potential for car problems..

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain GP Rosberg has to be the selection just purely down to the fact that he has the best chance of leading the race at the start. It’s a two-car race and 10/11 looks quite generous. If it was the other way round Hamilton would be much shorter I’m sure. Jensen Button might be worth a small bet to get on the Podium at around 6/1, he has Williams and Force India in front of him and that’s not as bad as it could have been. The points market is a tricky one this week with Vettel and Ricciardo starting from so far down the grid and there doesn’t look like much value to be had elsewhere. Selections: 2pts N.Rosberg 10/11 Outright Skybet 1pt J.Button Podium Finish 6/1 Stan James

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix Bahrain Grand Prix - Nico Hulkenberg top six finish - 2pt 7/4 Bet365 Sergio Perez podium finish - 1pt 7/2 Ladbrokes It was a straight forward qualifying session for Mercedes as expected and they ought to go on and record a race one-two. I feel the Force India's should have some good race pace. Nico Hulkenberg already hinted that the cooler conditions suit his teams car and he felt that a higher qualy position was entirely achievable, blaming a wide run on turn eleven as his downfall. Sergio Perez was very content with the car and optimistic ahead of the weekend. Red Bull, for me, may have a challenging race as Vettel has experienced continual downshift issues and Ricciardo starts down the grid. There's a few above Nico on the track that really should finish ahead of the German, yet I feel the 7/4 on offer is a decent enough price. It really should be straight-forward at the very front of the grid, p3-10 is very interesting tomorrow and Force India have a good car for the top six.

Re: Bahrain Grand Prix Two out of two. Thought both cars may have been hampered with the safety car, Perez showed some great pace and Hulkenberg done great with a car problem. Absolutely fantastic race. Can't remember the last one I enjoyed as much as that. Some excellent wheel-to-wheel action.