** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL Round 5

Christ! What a poor betting performance last week. This is why I should only place half bets at the start of the season! Oh well let's try to make it back :) Dogs @3.23 Pinnacle = At over $3 this screams value to me. Big forward back against a underperforming chickens outfit. Beward SBW is back and make a mockery of this bet Eels +8.5 at 1.95 Pinnacle = I like how the eels are playing. They now know how to be consistent even. Hodges is back for brissy which might be trouble but hey I'll take the 8 and a half start War -4 at 1.91 SB = BEST BET The sharks have major injury woes and their will to win any games this season must be very low. Warriors good things Raiders +6 at 2.02 Pinnacle = Penrith are good but so are the travelling raiders pack. I will give Ricky Blew-it until mid season before they crumble like every other team he's coached. Dragons at 2.2 SB = SS are in trouble I think this season. They have been very poor of late. In contrast the Dragons are playing some superb Rugby League and that man Josh Dugan watch out.... Mel -10 at 1.92 SB = This is just good enough imo. They are very tough down there Manly -5.5 at 1.92 SB = Manly have grit. They seem to win even when they play like S*. They should cover 5.5 surely! On a side note. My best wishes to Alex Mckinnon's friends and family. One part of me thinks this is only a horrible accident, and another thinks that having upto 3 fully grown men smashing you from above is a disaster waiting to happen. It's a touchy subject. If you take away players from a tackle then more offloads will occur.. This kind of situation I feel is unavoidable unfortunately. Gamble Responsibly