Random Tennis Tournies.....

3 of 'em about to start. Sorry to be vague but I'm not very organised as I type!! Feel Santoro is a good bet to beat Vacek who practically lives on clay. However, I just feel Santoro is a higher class and is available at 8/11 at VC. Maybe better elsewhere and has donenothing but drift on Betfair since I backed it! My only other bet is Frazier to beat Jidkova at only 1.5 at Betfair. Just a different league and has always been ranked about 40 places above her opponent. Will try to keep a record but basically will be starting with 100 points and betting 25 on each bet unless stated otherwise. Once it's gone, I'll be getting my coat and quitting tennis betting until the French Open! (promise!)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Random Tennis Tournies..... 10pts Starace-Ferrer (1.91 @ Ladbrokes) Both matches are from the Valencia Open. As we head into the claycourt season now, you have got to feel there's some really good money to be made given the shift in emphasis on the features required for players to dominate the gameson clay. For starters, David Ferrer(whose confidence has got to be flying at the moment after making the semis at the Nasdaq-100) would certainly be as certain a banker as you could get up against Julien Benneteau. There's no doubt records would indicate Ferrer actually plays his best game on clay and I can only see him dominating this one with aplomb given the state of his confidence and the home support he'd receive. Potito Starace is another player to watch for the claycourt season as the Italian youngster seems to have a game that could see him do well on clay - in fact, he may even be worth an e/w bet for the French Open if he gets a favourable draw. For me, his name came to prominence when he pushed Safin to 5 sets at Roland Garros last year and in the few claycourt events he has played since, he has certainly proved himself more than capable of handling the numerous also-rans(basically, those outside the top 50) in men's tennis. Can't see too much troubling him against Calatrava here. Cheers & Good Luck! :tongue2 PS : On a sidenote, could someone let me know if you've come across a price for Starace to win the French Open as I have yet to find his name available anywhere...

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.