** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Lakeside World Championships

Aidymac

Re: Lakeside World Championships Friday QF previews: 4pts S.Mitchell (-2.5 sets) to beat B.Dawson 4/5 Bet365 Brian Dawson has done well to come this far in the tournament but his run ends here, the only question that needs answered is how emphatically it ends here. Scotty Mitchell has lacked that ruthless streak in the past but I’ve been impressed with his focus and deadly streak that he has shown in this tournament and if that is on show here then he should come through this one with plenty in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dawson-vs-mitchell-betting-scott-mitchell-can-ease-into-the-semi-finals 3pts R.Montgomery to beat M.Adams 13/8 Betfred These two met in the second round of this tournament 12 months ago and Adams won on that occasion only for Montgomery to get revenge on his English rival later that month in the BDO World Trophy and I fancy the Scot to come through here too. He is playing some of the best darts I’ve seen him play in this tournament and I sense he has more to give too. Adams has gone along nicely but he still has flat spots in his game which he can’t afford here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montgomery-vs-adams-betting-scottish-skipper-can-tame-the-wolf-at-lakeside 4pts R.Green (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Smith 8/11 Ladbrokes The problem for Smith in this match is he isn’t going to outscore Green. In fact he isn’t going to come close to him in the majority of legs so he is going to have to rely on putting as much pressure on Green both in the legs and with the speed of his throw to make ‘Kong’ feel uneasy. Green is too long in the tooth for all that though and he should have far too much here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/green-vs-smith-betting-robbie-green-can-silence-the-silencer 4pts G.Durrant (-1.5 sets) to beat D.Fitton 11/10 Betfred This should be a right barnstormer but I just can’t ignore the form of Durrant this week. There isn’t a huge amount he is missing right now and I just can’t believe that Darryl Fitton is going to keep hitting the doubles he has hit so far. We know he can score but with Durrant likely to be up and even ahead of him in a lot of legs we’ll see what the Dazzler is made of. I’m not sure it is enough to win this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fitton-vs-durrant-betting-glen-durrant-can-see-off-the-dazzler-at-the-lakeside

Re: Lakeside World Championships Tonights matches: Robbie Green vs Jeff Smith Green over 7.5 180s 8/11 paddy power Green to win 5-2 7/2 paddy power Smith has been great in this tounament but i think it will end tonight as Green is one of the favourites to win the title and is way better player than Smith Darryl Fitton vs Glen Durrant over 7.5 sets 11/10 paddy power over 12.5 180s evens paddy power Darryl Fitton to win 5-4 7/2 paddy power This match wull be close and it is hard to predict the winner i will be suprised if it dont go to a final set as these two will be desperately trying to win as this tournament is wide open i fancy there to be some high score as they are in form and scoring heavily

Re: Lakeside World Championships

The BDO. Seriously, when will they put this out of its misery? The players can't count and religiously never switch from throwing for 20s, even when the bed is blocked or the numbers don't add up. Tony Green's commentary is embarrassingly dated and he is constantly confused as to what state of the match they're at. Can I just ask..... if I place a bet at 4/6 and the odds then move to 8/15, how can my cash out value of the bet be less than the amount I put on in the first place?
Tony Green's commentary consists of "they're getting the very best of order here", "they're all here" and "isn't this great", no matter if the game is good or bad. He needs to be put out to pasture. As for the BDO, I don't mind it being around, it has it's place but the people within still maintain the ridiculous notion that they're not a lower standard. People generally go where the money is in most walks of life and the PDC is where it's at, the BDO is, and will forever be a feeder organisation to the PDC ( until they probably get bought out down the line ), it's that simple. As soon you get 2 players averaging in the mid 90's, they literally will not stop banging on about the standard of the match, as if someone is behind them disparaging the quality of play. As for the cash out, it should really be called hedging to be more accurate, so when the scales tips in your favour ( say your 4/6 fav become say 1/2 ) the site calculates how much you would need to put on the opposing side or sides to get an equal return no matter what the result. However their vig means that it needs to become more of a favourite than the percentage of their margins for you to cash out with a profit.

The BDO. Seriously, when will they put this out of its misery? The players can't count and religiously never switch from throwing for 20s, even when the bed is blocked or the numbers don't add up. Tony Green's commentary is embarrassingly dated and he is constantly confused as to what state of the match they're at. Can I just ask..... if I place a bet at 4/6 and the odds then move to 8/15, how can my cash out value of the bet be less than the amount I put on in the first place?
Well if Mardles commentary is in date, i'll stick with the old stuff thank you very much. This tournament has been quality, good averages, high finishes and a far better atmosphere. People in the crowd who actually want to watch the darts....imagine that. PDC is obviously better but a load of these BDO players would easily slip in there. The BDO gets way to much stick IMO.

Re: Lakeside World Championships Couldn't agree more NOOAGS :ok. Semi final previews: 4pts J.Smith vs S.Mitchell - Over 9.5 sets 11/10 Skybet I think this semi final will be quite tight. I think Mitchell has the edge on scoring and ability but you sense he is playing full of emotion given how much he wants to win this tournament and that could bring nerves and all sorts into play. Smith looks more assured and like he is enjoying the chance he has given himself so that should keep him close so I like over 9.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/smith-vs-mitchell-betting-opening-semi-final-should-contain-plenty-of-sets 4pts G.Durrant vs M.Adams 11/10 Stan James These two have met three times in the past but they were all a while ago and I don’t see them being a factor here. Both look to be in good form. If Durrant can hold himself together as he has so far in the tournament he is going to take a lot of beating in this match but my feeling is he might struggle to get over the line and that should see us go into double figure for sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/durrant-vs-adams-betting-second-semi-final-should-be-another-tight-affair

I don't think it does get too much stick and I think that's part of the problem. The BDO is a joke and an embarrassment and is clearly holding the sport of darts back. If more people came out and said so maybe some progress could be made towards ending the BDO.
You want darts to be a monopoly, for professional players only, owned by one man, who has no interest in the grass roots of the sport whatsoever? Broadcast on Sky only, not terrestrial? You genuinely think that's what's 'holding the sport back'?
The BBC have a lot to answer for as well - if they were to show a couple of PDC majors instead of giving the BDO any air time' date=' surely that would go a long way towards killing it off.[/quote'] ...and you don't appear to understand TV contracts either. I watch both tournaments with joy every year, because I'm a darts fan. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who slags off one tournament or another isn't actually a darts fan. It's pretty simple. If you like darts, you understand why both tournaments exist.

I don't think it does get too much stick and I think that's part of the problem. The BDO is a joke and an embarrassment and is clearly holding the sport of darts back. If more people came out and said so maybe some progress could be made towards ending the BDO. The BBC have a lot to answer for as well - if they were to show a couple of PDC majors instead of giving the BDO any air time, surely that would go a long way towards killing it off.
Lose all your dosh again?

Re: Lakeside World Championships Womens Final: Lisa Ashton vs Fallon Sherrock over 4.5 sets 7/4 paddy power You have to say Ashton is a heavy favourite for this match but i have seen signs that up against a decent player she can struggle a bit plus she has not been tested this week but her opponent has beaten some of the best players in the world along the way including beating a former champion in the semi finals so i dont think Ashton will have it her own way

You have to say Ashton is a heavy favourite for this match but i have seen signs that up against a decent player she can struggle a bit plus she has not been tested this week but her opponent has beaten some of the best players in the world along the way including beating a former champion in the semi finals so i dont think Ashton will have it her own way
Ashton's averages have been pretty devastating all week - she would have clipped many of the first round men easily. Agree that Sherrock has been playing really well though, seems to be able to take chances and pressure shots. Have taken Ashton to win 3-1 at 9/4. Struggling to decide between Durrant and Adams. Think on current form Durrant should just edge it, but Adams is looking extremely solid, has all the experience and a habit of taking down players in 'firework' form. I have Durrant to win the whole thing at 11-1, but might stay away from this one, think pretty much anything could happen.

Had a big loss on unders for the 180s in Mitchell/Dawson and the first two 180s in the match were caused by poor/incorrect counting by the players.
You'd better hope Barry Hearn takes global control of world darts as soon as possible then. I'm certain he'll personally make sure all the players count "correctly" for you.

The PDC do to some extent have an interest in that side but to a large extent they don't need to at the moment with the BDO doing that for them. However, if the organisations merged then the PDC would obviously need to come up with a youth structure etc but that wouldn't be a problem at all. Having two separate groups of players is in no way constructive.
The PDC already do have a youth structure. MVG, Smith and Brown are all PDC World Youth champions. Every sport has to have an amateur set up else whatever sport it is would die on its arse.

Re: Lakeside World Championships Mens Semi final: Glen Durrant vs Martin Adams over 9.5 sets 11/10 paddy power Durrant first 180 4/5 paddy power I have seen enough of Durrant to suggest that he is playing the best darts of his career and he can cause his opponent some serious problems as his opponent has been there and done it he has not had many 180s this week so he is not the outstanding favourite

Re: Lakeside World Championships > Ante-Post Betting

Women's tournament preview: 1pt ew L.Ashton to win Women's World Championship 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1-2) I like Lisa Ashton here though. The Lancashire Rose doesn’t enter as many tournaments as some of the other ladies hence her ranking is a lot lower which is why she will face Deta Hedman in the first round but should she overcome that test and get stuck into the tournament she could take a lot of beating. Ashton is probably the heaviest scorer in the women’s game. To illustrate that there were 20 180s hit in this tournament 12 months ago and Ashton accounted for 10 of them so she scores well. If there is a weakness to her game it comes on the doubles but her power scoring earns here more clicks at the doubles. She starts off as a 10/1 shot as she has Hedman in the first round but if she wins that she’ll come into second favourite so I’m happy to take the chance she beats Hedman and gives us a proper run for our money. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bdo-womens-world-championship-betting-lisa-ashton-can-land-a-second-lakeside-title
Great shout there Kev :ok

Re: Lakeside World Championships Great overs shout, Kev / Owen. Cracking match. Pleased with my pick, he came pretty bloody close. Mitchell v Adams currently favour Mitchell. Seriously wonder if Adams, at 58, can get through a long match like that without it draining at least some of the resources, even if he has been there many many times.

Re: Lakeside World Championships > Ante-Post Betting

Women's tournament preview: 1pt ew L.Ashton to win Women's World Championship 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1-2) I like Lisa Ashton here though. The Lancashire Rose doesn’t enter as many tournaments as some of the other ladies hence her ranking is a lot lower which is why she will face Deta Hedman in the first round but should she overcome that test and get stuck into the tournament she could take a lot of beating. Ashton is probably the heaviest scorer in the women’s game. To illustrate that there were 20 180s hit in this tournament 12 months ago and Ashton accounted for 10 of them so she scores well. If there is a weakness to her game it comes on the doubles but her power scoring earns here more clicks at the doubles. She starts off as a 10/1 shot as she has Hedman in the first round but if she wins that she’ll come into second favourite so I’m happy to take the chance she beats Hedman and gives us a proper run for our money. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bdo-womens-world-championship-betting-lisa-ashton-can-land-a-second-lakeside-title
Another blistering call Kev:clap:clap

Re: Lakeside World Championships Cheers guys. Whoever it was who offered us the 10/1 carrot on the best person (in terms of ability) in the women's game needs their head testing :notworthy.

Meanwhile' date=' over at the PDC: [url']http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/darts/30761576
Technically not quite. Although PDC players were involved the event was nothing to do with the PDC. It was an exhibition organised by a management company of the players so nothing to do with the PDC. That said it has been very refreshing to watch a darts tournament where the crowd are actually focused on the darts rather than taking the piss over where they're sat in the arena :ok.

Re: Lakeside World Championships Final preview: 5pts Over 10.5 sets 4/6 Ladbrokes If Adams has anything left after that epic semi final then he is surely the man to beat here but that is a big question because that would have taken a lot out of lesser, younger players. Mitchell is looking very solid this week and if Adams does let him in don’t be surprised if he takes his chance but the best bet here is for there to be over 10.5 sets. It is hard to see this final ending anything easier than 7-4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/adams-vs-mitchell-betting-bdo-final-unlikely-to-see-a-runaway-winner

It isn't constructive for any sport to be split and certainly not for over 20 years like darts is now. I too enjoy watching the BDO and the PDC but to say that anyone who slags either tournament off is not a darts fan is nonsense. Watching sport on TV should be about watching the top players playing to a level we can only dream of. Not watching thinking 'I could compete with this.' Also I didn't say darts should only be on Sky Sports. There are already PDC tournaments on ITV and if the organisations merged presumably the BBC would throw their hat in the ring given how successful their darts coverage has been for so many years. It is an insult to people's intelligence to present this tournament as the World Championship given the standards involved in comparison to the PDC event. Having this split and two different bodies is completely detrimental to the sport and after more than 20 years it is very disappointing that this situation still exists.
As to the split, I agree with you that for a sport of this size it is ultimately detrimental, taking the longer view - although I still think it's good for the darts fan, if not more general sports fans. There's also some evidence that it suits both the BDO and the PDC to remain split. Unfortunately, the BDO can still produce matches like the Durrant / Adams epic last night which can in no way be described as 'below PDC standard', and for a spectator was far more intriguing and exciting than anything I saw at Ally Pally this year. Oh, don't get me wrong, there were some godawful matches in the first couple of rounds, particularly with some of the overseas regional qualifiers. Pub darts and worse. The worst BDO matches are getting worse, the best are getting seriously good. There's some pisspoor first round matches in the PDC too. I am not trying to argue that the PDC doesn't have the best in the world at the moment, but that doesn't guarantee the best entertainment. Did you watch the World Cup last year? Some of the most rotten football I have ever witnessed. As for the old canard "I could compete with this", ever-popular with witless BDO-bashers on Twitter, the only response is of course "well, why don't you then." You can watch QPR stumble to a dispirited, sloppy loss at home, but you almost certainly can't pull on a pair of shorts and get stuck in to help them - unlike the BDO, which has a wide open path to you to show them all how it's done. Funnily enough no-one ever seems to put their darts where their mouth is.

Cheers guys. Whoever it was who offered us the 10/1 carrot on the best person (in terms of ability) in the women's game needs their head testing :notworthy. Technically not quite. Although PDC players were involved the event was nothing to do with the PDC. It was an exhibition organised by a management company of the players so nothing to do with the PDC. That said it has been very refreshing to watch a darts tournament where the crowd are actually focused on the darts rather than taking the piss over where they're sat in the arena :ok.
it was even possible to get Ashton at 26.0x odds in november

Re: Lakeside World Championships Mens Final: Martin Adams vs Scott Mitchell Adams to win 7-3 or 7-4 11/4 paddy power I have to say this final might be close but Adams with his experience might just win it as his opponents nerves might affect him at the end of the match The final is a different match to any other match so his opponent will have to play his best darts just to win it