** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 15 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Rennais v Angers SCO (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]109.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 16 April 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]En Avant Guingamp v AS Monaco (20:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]110.18 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th Rennes hosting ligue 2 team Angers. Rennes always have their ups and downs through out the season but especially after the winter break they improved a lot! Allessandrini finally found his old form again and along with new signing Toivonen they look sharper than ever especially in front of goal. Way more dangerous than before and there even was a time this season no one feared Rennes offense. With Allessandrini's creativity and vision they create a lot more chances and Toivonen who already scored 6 goals in 11 games so far is often on the end of an attack. They are safe in mid table and I can see them relax a bit at the end of a long season but that will only give us more advantage for this game. They will surely be fired up to reach a final spot in this cup. They know it will be hard to win it cause they probably face Monaco but still it's a nice oppurtunity to give something back to your club and fans. I have no doubts they will field a strong side here like they did in previous rounds. They've beaten lille the round before and even blanked them which is quite an impressive result 2-0. Their full focus will be on this game and they will surely not underestimate Angers. Rennes squad is quite fit only notable missings are Pitroipa and Bakayoko in midfield but they weren't starters anyways. I expect Rennes to do their job at home and reach the final. Angers is doing fine this year. Still playing for a play-off spot at the end of the season so they are surely also still focussing on the league. They travelled with their best squad only Keita [31games] an important midfielder is missing. I'm not sure if they will field their best 11 here cause they have an important away game too on friday but if they would reach the finals it would also be a massive boost for their team so no way they will slow down here. Atleast in the way I see it. If this was a reverse fixture and Angers would play at home I would never ever back Rennes cause Anger is a really tough nut to crack at home and hold a superb record at their own stadium. Away from home they are more vulnerable and concede a lot more but the most important fact is that they only scored 1 goal in their last 5 away games while conceding 8. Which is really poor for a side like Angers. This surely means they either lack confidence without their supporters or they are just scared of moving forward on enemy ground. Neither the less Rennes will surely put a lot of pressure on their defense through out the 90 minutes and I don't think they will hold this that long. They also had some real troubles in the last few cup rounds. 3 times they won on penalties after drawing against some lower league teams. This will surely be a big test for them to face a side like Rennes away from home. Maybe they will be way more focussed but on the other hand if they lack some sharpness early in the game Rennes will destroy them. So no real surprise here Angers reached the semi finals after such lucky draws and I think this will be their last game in the cup this year. I can't think of any reason why Rennes should not win tonight. Class difference is big, home advantage, previous results in the cup and bookies are already lowering their prices through out the day. 1.55 might seem low for many people in a cup game but all factors point towards Rennes in my view. They should win comfortable here something like 2-0, especially if Angers will be soft upfront I expect a handicap win! 3 bets for this game : I will use my local bookie [higher odds] so not really relevant to write down the odds here. Rennes home win high stakes. Rennes to score 2 or more goals medium stakes. Rennes to win to nil small stakes. Goodluck guys!

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th No worries already 1-1 and Rennes is way better. Keep faith mate :-) 2-1 at HT! Hope they find another one to cover the handicap for you ced87 but the main bets look good so far!

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th Yeah, pretty unlucky in the end though.. 3-2 probably a fair result! Rennes won as expected and both main bets came in. Angers suddenly was a lot better in this away game, those things happen but I'm glad with the result. Cheers guys!

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th Guingamp will be missing an important defender Lemaitre and important midfielder Mathis here. They are flirting with relegation while Monaco look to have second place assured. The host can't afford to focus on this distraction against a team who are hell bent on winning the cup as other big teams are all out and with the money they invested they need to show results in their first season of promotion. All about the cup now for Monaco. Marathon were paying as high as 2.00 for the away win yesterday. Guingamp have lost 4 of their last 5 at home. I have taken Monaco +0 AH two days ago in a double @ 1.45. Guingamp haven't faced a top tier team in this cup until now which may explain why they are in the semi final. They are last on the form table in Ligue 1 losing their last 3 home ties scoring 1 and conceding 4. With the star names that litter this squad, and with the hosts sweating over their Ligue1 status, you'd have to say anything other than a spanking would be unthinkable. Good luck :ok

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th Ranieri said in an interview he might rotate a few for this game cause he has a wide and fit squad ready for this game. But I don't know who and how many yer.. Also I highly doubt that he will field a weaker squad cause they are pretty safe in in the league table and a cup win would be nice for Monaco. Guingamp like Toto said is on a terrible run and their focus will surely be on the league. With a tough away game against Bordeaux at the weekend they can't afford to suffer here too much or risk important players. But we just never know how their coach thinks. Guingamp normally was hard to beat at home but in their current form and Monaco's dedication to win this cup they should have too much for the home side. Also a win to nil is possible since guingamp struggles for goals and Monaco keeps things prety tight at the back. I still have evens at my local and I will take it with a smile on my face. Medium stakes and small stakes on monaco to keep a cleansheet and small stakes on Monaco to win to nil. Goodluck

Re: Coupe De France > April 15th & 16th I don't care about losing a bet but this was Unreal how monaco performed.. How on earth can u ruin a cup final spot like this? Omg, guingamp in terrible shape and ranieri ofcourse rests 5 regulars that idiot. He's safe in rank 2 why would you rest ur regulars if you have a great chance to win a price? Even a loss in extra time, made my day. There is only one thing you can say about these kind of results.. The wealthy players don't give a shit and their coach is even worse.. I really wonder what the owners think of these rich clubs after such a game? Well done ranieri, resting half of your team and loose against guingamp? Or find another job? big lol.. Anyways, ligue 1 has some great games this weekend! Cu there.