** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st A 10.5 profit yesterday with 1st and 3rd, it was got in horrible circumstances with most of the field getting caught up in crashes. Today we have a stage that a breakaway could win as the riders might look to take a break after yesterday, rain is forcasted again which will help there cause. I expect Androni, Bardiani, Lotto and Colombia to they will like this type of terrain for a breakaway and both are very strong riders in a break. They will try at some stage to get into a break and today looks like a great opportunity for them. The bookies have the sprinters favourite with Bouhanni 3/1 at the top, I certainly wouldn't have him favourite, in the stage he won all he beat was a leadout man in Tom Vellers and the only sprinter Nizzolo 9/1 nearly caught him on the line coming from way behind, there is better value to be got. Viviani 4/1 is next favourite again he is very short in what he has done in this race, Swift always had him covered in the last sprint and I can't see why he won't do it again. Indeed there is a chance both Bouhanni and Viviani won't make the finish with the other main sprinters as the stage is very lumpy and they could get dropped. Swift 12/1 Megzec 14/1 and Ferrari 25/1 shouldn't have that problem. I really like the look of Swift here again, he crashed in stage 4 and never got to repeat his sprint, before that he only had Kittel ahead of him in Dublin. The stage will suit him and he is just as fast as the favourites in my book. Megzec also has a very good chance, he would have won stage 4 over Bouhanni only for his gears slipping. He will relish this stage and should be fresh enough as he didn't compete for the win in stage 2 or 3. Ferrari looks overpriced as well, as he is very consistent and he shouldbe in the top 5 or 6. have men in the break today and if the break is strong enough they could have a good chance to stay away. Now picking the riders to be in the breakaway is like picking the winner of the Grand national with 160 horses not 40. Looking the odds I like Hoogerland 200/1 and Ytting Bak 125/1, Bets 1.5 pts e/w Swift 12/1 generally 1pt e/w Mezgec 14/1 >Boyles 0.3pts e/w Hoogerland 200/1 >Boyles 0.5 pts e/w Ytiing Bak 125/1 >PP. 1pt Double, Mezgec 4/6 beat Appolonio,Petacchi 5/6 beat Ventosa. Bet 365

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Less than a 0.1pt loss yesterday, Mezgec got the place and the double came in as well. I take my hat off the Bouhanni I didn't think he could do it but he proved me wrong. The real mountains start tomorrow with 3 lovely climbs towards the end. I think we will see Quintana coming into his own tomorrow and he will start gaining time back on Evans. Saying that it really is wide open who can win the stage, Quintana is favourite but that is more to do that he is the best climber than his actual goals for the stage. We will have a break away that could stay away and we will have good climbers that are no threat to GC that will have a great chance. We have to look at Pirazzi 40/1,Arredondo 10/1, and Moreno 18/1. This climb suits Pozzovivo 16/1,Durate 40/1 and Majka 25/1 perfectly and they all could go very well. In fairness it is hard to pick who will win as this is the first big stage and we will only know tomorrow evening where the riders stand. I'm going to go with the following riders for stage victory. Bets 1.5pts e/w Arredondo 10/1 generally 0.75 pts e/w Duarte 40/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Pirazzi 40/1 >PP 0.25 pts e/w Kiserlovski 150/1 >PP Match bet 2pt double Duarte beat Rolland 8/11, Uran to beat Evans 6/5 Outright 5pts win Quintana evens >Boyles.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st

Yet again the Giro becomes a tragic pantomime. Have taken Ben Swift for tomorrow's stage 11.00 at PaddyPower e/w. Assuming he's survived the day ! Medium stakes, as if it rains again then god knows what could happen But this was one of Swift's targets, and it's near Puccio's home town, so they have some local knowledge
A day late, but really should have checked how badly injured Swift was before betting. Apparently, he fainted in the shower from the pain of his injury! He's doing well to carry on, but hard to see him landing the points jersey now

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Very exciting day for me with my bets, 2 of bets were in the break and I had a 150/1 2nd. For a few moments I was spending the winnings on a trip to Lanzorote for me and the missus:D, but Ulissi dashed my hopes when he passed out Kiserlovski to win. Still a small profit of about 3pts. Evans is in the leaders jersey now, the big losers today were Scarponi and Niemic who are out of GC contention now. Onto tomorrow and we have another uphill finish, not as hard today but it still should be a good test. Ullisi is the favourite and if a break doesn't stay away he wins this simple as . I think a break will stay to be honest, we have over 110 KM of flat roads before we see a climb, so the race will be hard to control. The GC teams won't have much interest in pulling back a break and not many teams will want to help Lampre, Ullisi team to pull a break back. There are a host of riders who will want to get into the break tomorrow, Roche, Moreno, Wellens, Hansen, Durate, Cataldo, Rosa, Ponza, Cardosa and Gescke to name a few. I can't back them all so will go for Roche 40/1, Duarate 66/1, Rosa 100/1 and Cataldo 66/1.. If the break looks like being brought back, I'll defintely have a bet on Ullisi in running. Bets 1pt e/w Roche 40/1 Hills 1pt e/w Cataldo 66/1 Hills 0.5pts e/w Durate 66/1 Hills 0.3pts e/w Rosa 100/1generally 0.2pts e/w Mathews 500/1 >PP

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st First week of racing down, done a check on the bets Total staked 58.1 pts Returned 63.6 pts profit 5.5pts percentage profit 9.47 % which isn't bad. Onto tomorrow and it looks another day for the sprinters. Bouhanni is the favourite but is very short at 6/4. He is in good form and looks very fast. I'm going to take a chance on Nizzola again at 5/1. He finished 2nd to Bouhanni in both his wins. He would have beaten him in the first one, if the line was 10m further on. There was only inches between them in the 2nd sprint so at 5/1 he looks a great e/w bet. Mezgec is 3rd favourite but I don't think he has the top speed to win it. Viviani is a big danger at 7/1, his lead out team have left him down so far and we haven't seen is true potential yet. Swift and Matthews are next in the betting, but they have been in the wars and you would have to wonder how fit they are. I'm going to give Ferrari 33/1 an outside chance here. He has no team to help him in the sprint, yet he has finished in the top 7 in all sprint stages. He is clearly fast, but doesn't back himself often enough, if he gets on the right wheel he can spring a surprise. Bets 2pts e/w Nizzola 5/1 generally 1pt e/w Viviani 7/1 >PP 0.5pts e/w Ferrari 33/1 >PP. 1pt Ferrari 1/2 beat Farrar, Petacchi 8/11 beat Bozic, Ruffoni 1/2 beat De Haes.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Roughly a 0.5 pt profit yesterday, Nizzola was 2nd to Bouhanni who beat him for speed this time, Viviani crashed and Ferrari finished 4th. The treble match bet came in. Onto tomorrow and it has breakaway written all over it, i'll be shocked if it is not. I'm sure the GC leaders will be thinking about the TT the following day and the profile does suit a breakaway. Again you could make a case for about 100 riders and it is very hard to narrow it down. I'm going to leave out the really good climbers down on GC and all cyclists with riders high up on GC that could win. We are still left with a good few but Hansen, Battaglin, Cataldo, Felline, Gasparotto, Gatto, Landa, De Gendt, Moser, Pellizotti, Ponzi and Deignan are the ones that interest me. Most of these have shown nothing so far and are always good for a breakaway. This stage suits most of them as well as it is not a tough mountain stage, most importantly they have all won a stage in some shape or form over the years, so they have the experience to do it. I would expect 3 of these to be in the break, which 3 I don't know, but I'm going to go for Hansen 25/1, Gatto 66/1, Landa 80/1 and De Gendt 80/1. 1pt e/w Hansen 25/1 0.75 pts e/w Gatto 66/1 0.75pts e/w Landa 80/1 0.5pts e/w De Gendt 80/1 1pt accum, Brambilla 8/15 beat S Sanchez, Henao 5/6 beat Losada, EBH 4/7 beat Felline and Arredondo 4/7 beat Pirazzi.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st A right off today with a loss of 6pts, a break didn't stay away and Rodgers attacked on the final decent and stayed away for victory. Tomorrow is a TT and a big day for the GC men. We should see some movement in GC placings. It is over 41km's on a rolling course. Malori is the favourite for this but he was involved in a bad crash today and didn't look healthy crossing the line, I don't think this course really suits his strenghts and he is way too short for me. Evans is next in the betting but again he is very short, he hasn't really delivered a big TT in the last few years and I would be willing to take him on. Next we have De Gendt if he was on good form he should be favourite for this, he was 3rd in a TT in the Tour last year but has shown nothing this year. Then we have Rodgers, Uran, Cataldo, Kelderman in the betting, they all have good chances of making the top 3, but the odds aren't great on the former 3. Kelderman 9/1 makes the most appeal to me, he finished 14th in the Giro TT last year and this course should suit perfectly, he is still only learning to TT at 23 and he has huge potential. There are a few outsiders at fancy prices that I like, Hesjedal at 150/1 is way too big. He looks to be finding some form now and if he has a good day he is a major threat. Pozzovivo 80/1 is another,he finished 3rd in a TT in the Veulta last year that didn't particularly suit, this TT should suit and he showed the other day that he is strong at the moment. Ricardo Zoidl 150/1 is my other outsider, again he is only learning but he has shown he can TT, he finished 6th in a TT in Romandie and this one is very similar as well Bets 1.5 pts e/w Kelderman 9/1 >PP 0.75 pts e/w Pozzovivo 80/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Hesjedal 150/1 >PP 0.3 pts e/w Zoidl 150/1 Hills.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st No luck yesterday either and we have one last flat boring stage before the fun commences tomorrow. On paper Bouhanni 4/5 looks near impossible to oppose here. He proved in the last sprint that he is faster than Nizzola 5/1 and unless he gets on the wrong wheel or Swift 14/1 or Viviani 9/1 get in a perfect position, he will win this. Nizzola has been very fast and he should finish in the top 3 again. His only chance of beating Bouhanni is to get on his wheel and hopefully we see that today. Swift looked very good on stage 3 but we haven't seen anything since because of injury. If he can get EBH to lead him out today he has a very good chance.The finish should suit and he proved on stage 3 he is fast as any one. Viviani has had no luck either whether it be crashes, bad positioning or a shambles of a leadout. He was the fastest man coming into this Giro and if it clicks for him, he should be winning these sprints. Mezgec 11/1 is not fast enough on these finishes and while Ferrari 25/1 has always being close he is not going to win, but could be a bit of value for a place as always. I'm going for the value picks again as I couldn't put a big bet on Bouhanni eventhough he is the most likely winner. 1pt win Viviani 9/1 PP 0.5 pts e/w Ferarri 25/1 Hills 2pts e/w Nizzola 5/1 PP. 1pt match beat Viviani 5/6 to beat Megzec, Belleti 4/6 to beat Hurrel, Ferrari 10/11 to beat Swift bet 365

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st No joy yesterday either with a break winning fucking up all my sprint chances. Today we have the first of the big mountain stages with 3 good climbs and hopefully some good action. We should see a breakaway get away near the start, whether it will stay away till the finish I don't know 50-50 I'd say. I expect to see guys like Landa, Arredondo, Pirazzi, Scarponi, De Gendt, Rosa, Battiglin, Niemic ,Pantano, Thurau, Cardosa, Mourey and Finetto all try and make it into the break. If we could get a combination of these cyclists in the breakaway they would stand a good chance of making it to the finish. Of the GC guys Pozzovivo is the obvious favourite as he showed on the stage to Sestola, he broke away from the favourites there and gained a nice few seconds, he looks strong at the moment so he should go close. Quintana would be the next danger but we hear he is suffering from flu and he is still not right. The man the GC guys need to drop is Ulissi,if he is there at the end he wins because of his good sprint. This stage should be too dificult but if it is not ridden hard he will be there at the end. I think Uran will only follow wheels and I don't think Evans will win. Of the other GC guys Kelderman and Kiserlovski are 2 to watch out for. Kelderman has looked very strong and loves these type of finishes. The same can be said for Kiserlovski who was the only man to follow Ullisi ona similar finish on the Montecopiolo stage. My bets. 1pt e/w Ullisi 14/1 >PP 0.75 pts e/w Kelderman 40/1 generally 0.75pts e/w Kiserlovski 40/1 generally 0.5pts Niemic 80/1 generally 0.5 pts e/w De Gendt 150/1 VC 0.25 ptse/w Finetto 250/1 >PP

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st After the early Kittel success, all my other bets were wiped out by the crashes and weather. Finally this crappy Giro is taking shape, and will hopefully be a great third week Forget Evans. Think the last week will be too much for the Majka, Aru and Kelderman. Pozzovivo blew today, but may recover? Uran increasingly looks like a very good, but not great GC rider Three minutes is a bit to make up for Quintana, and injuries have affected him a little. But he was incredibly strong in the third week of the Tour last year, and he has the air of someone just waiting to choose his moments 2.20 for Quintana to win overall A double with Froome to win the Tour pays out at 3.98 with Paddypower

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Tomorrow is the Queen stage and it should be an epic days racing. I expect a good strong group of breakaway riders tomorrow. Cyclists like Arredondo, Durate, Pirazzi, Monfort, Rabottini, Geniez, Pellizotti, Preidler, Deignan, Henao, and Niemic all stand good chances to win if they get in the break. Of the GC favourites it is hard to look past Quintana but again his price is very short. Our man Aru looked very impressive Sunday but over multiple big climbs I have my doubts. Pozzovivo is suffering from flu, so I doubt he will be up to much. Majka is in with a good shout to win it as well, he won't mind the cold and the climbs should suit. Monfort and Rabbotini are silly prices and well worth a bet. Bets. 1pt e/w Durate 14/1 generally 1pt e/w Majka 25/1 >Boyles paying 4 places. 0.75pts e/w Niemiec 50/1 generally 0.5pts e/w Monfort 400/1 >PP 0.5pts e/w Geniez 200/1 >PP 0.5pts e/w Rabottini 100/1 >betfred.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st If winner comes from the big names then I rather fancy Rolland. He's itching to attack and Uran won't really be focused on Rolland so I think he's a good chance of getting away. On climbing talent only Quintana is definitely better but his goal is surely going to be on taking time out of Uran rather than the stage victory. Of the breakaway contenders I agree with Geniez but also think Nicholas Roche is one to look for. He's openly stated he's looking for a stage win and with the cold weather predicted if the right composition forms and gets away the break could make it and Roche would likely be one of the better climbers in any such group. Also taking a small stab on Ivan Santaromita as I think he'll be quite likely to make the break. Rolland @ 11 Roche @ 120 Santaromita @ 350 All with Betfair

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st What a savage day it was yesterday with Quintana taking over the red jersey with a great ride. Bar an injury it is his now, but the fight for the podium places hotting up, anyone down to 9th has a good chance to podium. None of bets won, but Niemic, Geniez and Rabottini got in different breaks but didn't stick. Today we have a fairly flat stage but it does get bumpy towards the end. This is the last chance for a flat breakaway to stay away expect guys like Hoogerland, Rosa, Barbin, Zardini, Moser, Ratto, Duque, Haas, Ferrari, Bak, Hansen, Ponzi, Geschke, Paolini and Felline to try and get in the break, Again it will be close if they will stay away or not as the sprinters will want a bit of this. The Poggio with 20K to go could cause problems for the sprinters as they could be dropped. If Bouhanni gets to the finish he wins,but teams should be trying to get rid of him on that climb. I'm going to take a chance on him today though,he is not a bad climber and he has clearly shown he is the fastest left in this race. Of the other riders Swift will go well and if the sprinters are dropped and the breakaway caught, Geschke, Battiglin and Felline have to have great chances. bets 3pt win Bouhanni 5/1 Lad 1pt e/w Geschke 50/1 Corals 0.75 pts e/w Gatto 66/1 generally 0.5 pts e/w Barbin 100/1 >boyles. 0.5 pts e/w Hoogerland 125/1 >Boyles

After the early Kittel success, all my other bets were wiped out by the crashes and weather. Finally this crappy Giro is taking shape, and will hopefully be a great third week Forget Evans. Think the last week will be too much for the Majka, Aru and Kelderman. Pozzovivo blew today, but may recover? Uran increasingly looks like a very good, but not great GC rider Three minutes is a bit to make up for Quintana, and injuries have affected him a little. But he was incredibly strong in the third week of the Tour last year, and he has the air of someone just waiting to choose his moments 2.20 for Quintana to win overall A double with Froome to win the Tour pays out at 3.98 with Paddypower
Third week :) Another 3 mountain stage tomorrow, but with the tt on Friday and the beast of Zoncolan on Saturday, can see the it being a GC neutral stage. Might also be the stage that decides the King of the Mountains so will go for very small bets on Arredondo 21.00 e/w Cataldo 16.00 e/w with Bet365 Poor weather predicted again which should suit Cataldo, and this will be probably be Sky's last chance to get something from the race

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Two of my lads got in the breakaway today, Gesckhe was trading at 4/1 favourite at one stage and Gatto at 8/1 3rd favourite. They both crashed at critical times on the decent of the Poggio scuppering both my chances. I was fairly sick over that. Tomorrow is another brutal stage with 3 tough climbs. As I said barring a crash Quintana has the Giro won, he is strong favourite tomorrow as well and if a breakaway doesn't stay away he wins. I can't see the other GC favourites beating him. What i hope happens and should happen is a strong breakaway forms and tries to win this stage. I'd like to see Basso, Monfort, Geniez, Cardosa, Henao, Pellizotti, Mourey, Pantona, Durate, Vuillermoz, Rabbottini, Niemiec, Poels, Priedler and Moreno tryand get into the breakaway. I'm going to pick my winners from these, as these are the strongest riders I'd like to see in the break. 1pt e/w Geniez 80/1 >PP 1pt e/w Cardosa 50/1 >boyles 1pt e/w Monfort 200/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Basso 200/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Mourey 200/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Poels 150/1 >PP

Third week :) Another 3 mountain stage tomorrow, but with the tt on Friday and the beast of Zoncolan on Saturday, can see the it being a GC neutral stage. Might also be the stage that decides the King of the Mountains so will go for very small bets on Arredondo 21.00 e/w Cataldo 16.00 e/w with Bet365 Poor weather predicted again which should suit Cataldo, and this will be probably be Sky's last chance to get something from the race
Wrong Sky rider in third place, but Arredondo's victory mean an overall odds win of about 6.70 for the stage MTT tomorrow. Pozzovivo looked lively again today after his illness and will check his odds out later

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st No joy yesterday with Basso the only one getting into the break. We have a mountain TT today with Quintana the overwhelming favourite at 8/15, I'd have him 1/3 myself, and he looks a good thing. So we are looking for someone to finish 2nd and 3rd, for me Aru has looked good in the last weekand he should fill one of the top 3 places. Of the other favourites it is so hard to predict,so I'm going with a couple of outsiders in Rodgers 66/1 and Arredondo 80/1. Arredondo looked excellent yesterday and won well in the end. Rodgers is a very good TT who knows how to ride a good mountain TT and is worth a shot. bets 1.5pts e/w Aru 11/1 0.5pts e/w Rodgers 66/1 0.5pts e/w Arredondo 80/1

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Quintana looks hard to beat today, but is too short and some good alternatives there to finish at least on the podium. For me Pozzovivo looks a steal to finish in the top 3 today, he might not looked completely comfortable yesterday, but no doubt he's almost back from the illness he suffered earlier in the Giro and this stage should suit perfectly. I also like to think this stage will suit Rolland. He is not a good in this discipline normally, but this mountain ITT is different to anything he contest before and he is one of the guys who is very good at setting his own, fast and consistent pace, and there is no doubt he is a superb climber. I also like Majka to do well. He is a good climber and a good TT, so this combination should see him go close for a podium position today. Too big for me two other guys: Kelderman is a promising young rider, so impressive this Giro, climbing well, decent TT, he'll go well for sure. Also like the chance of Robert Kiserlovski for a huge price. He can climb well, presented himself in good form when second in stage 8 and if he can find a rhythm, he might go better than the price suggest. Robert Kiserlovski @ 150/1 PP - 0.5pts e/w Pierre Rolland @30/1 PP - 2pts e/w Rafal Majka @ 25/1 PP 2pts e/w Wilco Kelderman @ 40/1 PP 1pt e/w Domenico Pozzovivo @ 9/1 PP 5pts e/w

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Stage 20 - Zoncolan In theory everyone should attack, but Quintana will still win the stage if he feels like it Failing that, I'm going with the Colombian conspiracy theory that they'll help each other out to cement an already great Giro for their nation Tiny bets e/w on Rubiano 151.00 Chalapud 151.00 Panatano 101.00 Very small bets e/w on Duarte 13.00 Arredondo 23.00 Also Rabbotini 81.00 All with PaddyPower

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Disappointing that none of my selections finished podium today, 4th and 5th the best. But great rides from Quintana and Aru in all fairness, also Uran done well. Think tomorrow there is only a small chance for a breakaway to win, Quintana surly wants to win this prestigious stage, Moviestar will control the race for as long as possible. So are the other GC riders, and not all is won and lost for the overall classement anyway. For stage 20 I'll go with the following selections: Wilco Kelderman @ 100/1 Bet365 - 0.5pts e/w Fabio Duarte @ 12/1 PP - 3pts e/w Julian Arredondo @ 22/1 PP - 2pts e/w Arredondo & Duarte provided me with a 1-2 on Wednesday and I expect them to go really well tomorrow again. Two excellent climbers, and both took a rather light approach towards todays time trial, even though they might also have felt their legs after their epic performance the day before. But they certainly didn't go flat out today and why should they, surly they are better than what they showed today, most probably with the last big mountain stage in mind. Arredondo has won the Maglia Azzura and can concentrate to put in a full effort in winning this stage. Duarte will love the tough climb the Zoncolan provides. More or less the same applies to Wilko Kilderman. Great Giro for him so far, but today, started on a normal rode bike, lost already a good deal of time on the flat section and then just went up decent enough, okay time, but I imagine he didn't ride to the limit either, having in mind to attack tomorrow. He showed that he can put in a good effort on the climb and he will attack tomorrow.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Today we have a finish to Mount Zoncolan arguably the hardest climb in cycling. I don't give the breakaway much of a chance today but 2 men Monfort and Geniez have to try something at some stage. They have no team mates to look after and have been very quiet overall even though they are well up in GC. They are both capable climbers and I have to give them another chance today at fancy prices just in case. It really should come down to who is the best climber and we all know who the best is in this race. Quintana is best priced 11/8 for this and personally I think that is a gift. This climb suits him perfectly we know he is in super form and he said he wants to win this stage. I don't think there are many that can stay with him on this climb, Aru has climbed magnificently and looks to have the best chance on form. The other 3 that have a chance are Duarte, Arredondo and Pozzovivo. We know Pozzovivo has been struggling with illness and that should count him out, but the other 2 Colombian's could be very dangerous. We saw Arredondo win just 2 days ago and he looked super dropping Duarte along the way. He took his time in the TT yesterday and will be saving himself for this. Duarte falls into the same category we saw him excelerate away from Quintana in a previous stage ( granted Quintana was ill) the climb should suit him perfectly and he should give a good craic. Of the others Rolland and Hesjedal look too big for the climband it shouldn't suit, Uran and Majka would rather longer less steep climbs. The stage looks like Quintana's to lose, I'm going balls deep in on this skybet are 11/8 but I couldn't get on what I wanted so went in again at 5/4 with Boyles and Ladborkes. If he doesn't win I'll be drinking cans out of Lidl for the weekend. Some match bets that look tasty Henao to beat Sanchez at 5/4 the way he is climbing he should beat him and Majka to beat Hesjedal. bets 8pt win Quintana 11/8 skybet 2pt win Quintana 5/4 Lad 1pt e/w Arredondo 22/1 >PP 1pt e/w Duarte 14/1 skybet 0.5pts e/w Geniez 125/1 >PP 0.5 pts e/w Monfort 200/1 >PP 3pt match bet Henao 5/4 to beat Sanchez and Majka 5/4 to beat Hesjedal with >PP

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st How much did Skybet (roughly) allow you? I could get 18 quid on, but decided to back him with Paddys to have the extra insurance although not expecting to need it. Only had 3 bets this Giro and as long as Quintana finishes safely they will all be winners so hopefully it will be 4 out 4.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st Stage 21- The field @ 7/2 Bet365 (in play) - 3pts win: Bouhanni is looking for his 4th win but I would imagine that it is much more important for him to avoid any casualties, and therefore he might not take all the risk required to win. Also after all the climbing, how fresh are his legs? I think there must be a chance that he comes short today, and Nizzolo, Viviani and some others are good sprinters who can win this.

Stage 21- The field @ 7/2 Bet365 (in play) - 3pts win: Bouhanni is looking for his 4th win but I would imagine that it is much more important for him to avoid any casualties' date= and therefore he might not take all the risk required to win. Also after all the climbing, how fresh are his legs? I think there must be a chance that he comes short today, and Nizzolo, Viviani and some others are good sprinters who can win this.
Luka Mezgec won it! Bouhanni only fourth. Nice to end the Giro on a high betting wise.

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st A bit late, but also a very successful Giro. Lost on the penultimate stage with tiny bets, and also some fanboy betting on Ben Swift, and Kelderman. Cleaned up with Kittel on the first two stages and Arredondo on the first stage of the third week. Quintana had drifted to 2.20 by then so have him in a medium size double with Froome for the Tour Cheers to everyone else who contributed. Lots of great tips

• 11 months later...

Re: Giro D'Italia Cycling 2014 > May 9th - June 1st A few for today. 50-50 whether a break will stay away or GC guys will take it. If the GC guys light it up expect Porte to win a sprint between them. If they take it easy and a break doesn't stay away Ulisi should win this handy. 2pt win Ulisi 16/1 Lad.This stage suits him perfectly and he took easy yesterday. He will be going all out today. 2pts ew Visconti 40/1 Lad. He looks in great shape and this stage should suit would hope he gets in the break but would be well able for a late attack. 1pt e/w Hesjedal 80/1 PP Took it easy yesterday as his team mate won the stage. Should be fresh today, down a bit on GC so could be let away in a break. 1pt e/w Kruijswijk 80/1 generally Same as Hesjedal well down on GC and this climb should suit. should try and get into the break but would have the ability to attack late.