Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

MLB Bingo Bango Bongo

Thought I would try and start a baseball thread. With a bank of 100 units, and armed with the knowledge from several successful fantasy baseball seasons, Im going to have a crack at maintaining this thread and hopefully see some profit. My account is with Stan James, so Im sure there will be some price variances across the board. Day One seattle -1.5 vs minnesota @ 2.75 10pts With new power additions sexson and Beltre to follow suzuki, the Mariners have added an awful lot of pop to the lineout. I think too much for minnesota. Blue Jays VS Tampa Bay @1.83 money line. 10pts Having lost Delgado in the offseason, the blue jays will rely more on a speed style offense. Having said that previously unknown Gabe Gross turned up to spring training and smashed home runs all over the place. He will probably bat 8 in lineup. Tampa Bay lost alex sanchez to a 10day positive steroid test suspension. The first of the new MLB regime. So i fancy the Blue Jays to get off to a good start and with Halliday pitching, they have every chance. And combine them both with a 5pt double.

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Good Luck Steve - i am looking forward to the season - what you think of some outright each way shots at the world series? I dont know much about most teams but im liking the 2 signings of the Mets of beltron and martinez - 21/1 with Stan James. I think they should be there or there abouts. Although to be fair i only know about these players as i started following MLB towards the end of last season and these were 2 players that were on tv most nights.

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Hi Kiko. The mets will certainly improve, but im not sure if they will be consistent enough to push the Atlanta Braves into second place. Unfortunately the Yankees looke even stronger but at only 3.00 Im not interested, I really fancy St Louis at 9.00 Im certain they will get to world series. They have one of (if not the most powerful) batting lineups in baseball, and strengthened their pitching over the winter. I really dont fancy Boston this year. They lost some great players in the offseason and didnt really replace the level of quality. In terms of divisional titles, I quite fancy Seattle at 5.5 ( if they can get their pitching together) to win theirs. If the pitchers can do their job, the seattle hitters will provide plenty of power.

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Day 2. My picks are St Louis vs Houston @ 2.00 m/l. 10pts St louis have one of the best batting lineups in baseball. Houston have lost several key batters to other teams, and go with two or three young players. Hopefully it will take time for them to gel and St Louis' power will pay early dividends. Yankees -1.5 vs Redsox @2.1 10pts Now I may be wrong, but I really think that the Red Sox are going to struggle to live up to their performances of last year. They have lost some key players. New York has Pavano pitching his first game for the Yankees and he really is turning into a quality pitcher.The redsox are always dangerous, but I fancy the Yanks to carry on the momentum, whilst the Sox suffer a world series hangover. combine them with a 5pt double.

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Right milwaukee vs Pittburgh OVER 8.5 @ 1.73 kip wells pitching for pittsburgh - only pitched once after august 15th last year. Had a disrupted spring training, so I fancy him to be a bit rusty and get banged about a bit. Neither of these teams will be challenging the top boys at the end of the year. There is a reason for that - starting pitching and bullpens aren't great in depth. So hopefully they will knock each other about a bit. Yankees vs Boston over 9.5 @ 1.73 The yankees have wasted a lot of chances to convert runs, the Red Sox have to start firing at the plate sometime soon. Hopefully today. Wakefield is pitching for Boston, by no means an elite pitcher. Mussina pitching for New York- on his day is great , but if the Red Sox fire, will hopefully get slapped about. Just a 10pt double on these two overs today. Current bank 140 pts - todays 10pts double = 130pts

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Hey everythings gonna be OK NY have Marianno Rivera throwing it away by going through the entire line up for runs bases still loaded :rollin Up to 9 ....one more for your over 9.5 Stevie Oooo last man struck out gotta be 1 consolation run for NY just for you :hope They were offering 5's going into the 9th One solid inning of pitching and I'm flying :hope

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Both of todays came in. As predicted kip wells was rusty for pittsburgh and got smashed around the park early, middle and late doors. Boston left it late, but lit the blue touch paper in the 9th. Milwaukee win 11-2 boston win 7-3 todays double return 29.96 pts previous bank 130.93 After day 3 - bank = 160.89 profit 60.89 pts

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo I havent bet on it myself, but petite(houston pitcher) is making his first start after a long rehab. You dont want to be rusty against this St louis line up. Petite has managed only a max of 80 pitches in his warm up games- so he could take some fine tuning. Of course he may not get a chance to tune up, as he may be back in the dugout due to the fact St Louis keep putting his pitches out of the ball park. so St Louis m/l @ 1.83 seems reasonable value.

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Two larger priced singles for today.Im going to get speculative and get that profit up --- hopefully. Sandiego -1.5 vs Pittsburgh @ 2.1 15 pts ( My play of the day) Future superstar Jake Peavy (2-0 era of 0.69 against Pittburgh in 2004) to serve up the stone cold nuts to this anaemic Pittsburgh batting lineup.If Peavy pitches well - San Diego should win this by 5+ runs. Cincinatti -1.5 vs Mets @2.62 10pts Injuries have forced the Mets to move their 5th rotation pitcher up to 3rd. He normally starts well, but has a consistant problem with walking batters. With Cinci starting to bat red hot , I see no reason not to jump ontheir bandwagon. combine with 5 pt double. heres hoping :hope If today comes off. its white wine spritzers all round. bank currently 160.89 - 30pts bank at 130.89pts

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo Sorry if this has been touched on before, but was wondering about the handicap difference in prices as to just the money line. Exactly how common are victories of 1 run in baseball ? the price different betting wise seems huge. For instance san francisco tonight money line at 1.88 or -1.5 at 2.81 Alot of victories are by more than 1 run surely ? I mean ok gutting if it's a 1 run victory but surely the extra you gain when you do actually win price wise is more than enough to compensate for the times when your team only wins by a run ? Am I talking bollox here ? Are there some sort of stats for this ?

Re: MLB Bingo Bango Bongo I dont have hard solid stats but going through my records from last year I believe that most of the time the price difference is too big. In my thread this year most of my bets on favs will be handicapped unless the price difference is small. I completly agree with you Alien, how the bookies can justify 1 run making a while points difference like tonight is beyond me.