** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Dubai Masters

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: odds allOdds]

[TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Van Gerwen, M[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]2.62[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Taylor, P[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]4.25[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Lewis, A[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]5[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Wright, P[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]9[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]7.5[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Van Barneveld, R[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd O D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]13[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Wade, J[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]13[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]13[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO0] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FCE3E2]Chisnall, D[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B D, bgcolor: #B7B7FD, align: center]15[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FCE3E2, align: center]15[/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: AO1] [TD=class: ChartFormButtons, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]chart_off.gif[/TD] [TD=class: Competitor, bgcolor: #FFF6F6]Whitlock, S[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B, bgcolor: #FFF6F6, align: center]26[/TD] [TD=class: cellOdd B U hover, bgcolor: #FFC8C8, align: center]26[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Dubai Masters > Ante-Post Betting Had a look at the prices on offer for this at present and made my own tissue. Not a lot of bookies have priced this up so far though a few have. For me there's some value in James Wade (14/1 Bwin), Van Barneveld (12/1 youwin) and Simon Whitlock (33/1 youwin). Wadey was very aggrieved about the decision to leave him out of the Premier League and this presents a very good chance for him to state his intent for the rest of the year. He played fairly well in defeat at the UK Open last month, losing in the fifth round to eventual runner-up Terry Jenkins. He reached the semi-finals in the inaugural edition of this competition and will aim to go better. Barneveld lost in the final at this competition last year and is a nice price at present. He's often hard to judge and can go long spells on his best form or the opposite. He's been playing well in the Premier League this year and tends to enjoy these formats. Whitlock experienced problems off the oche this year and it was reflected with this performances on it. He did begin to play better as he resolved some issues it was too late in terms of the league campaign though. He'll aim for this big prize and will be sure to prove his place near top of the circuit.

• 1 month later...

Re: Dubai Masters [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 29 May 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Van Barneveld, R (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.96 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Chisnall, D (18:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Wright, P (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.22 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Gerwen, M v Wade, J (20:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.34 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Dubai Masters QF previews: 4pts R.Barneveld to beat A.Lewis 10/11 Bet365 Nobody can say Barneveld isn’t playing well at the minute. He was fantastic last week and if he’s kept that form with him then he is going to take all the beating in this match. Adrian Lewis may head out to Dubai with a point to prove after missing out on last week but he has bigger events to come I fancy so I like the Premier League champion to come through this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-barneveld-betting-barneveld-can-see-off-the-challenge-of-lewis-in-dubai-opener 4pts S.Whitlock to beat D.Chisnall 11/10 William Hill I’ve a feeling this is where Simon Whitlock’s year could just turn around. He’ll be chomping at the bit to prove he isn’t as bad as he showed in the Premier League and he generally goes well overseas as you would expect. Dave Chisnall’s form, a few 180s aside, has really dipped in the last month or so and we see that a lot in the Premier League when the novelty wears off. Whitlock will be fresher physically and mentally and may just take this. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-chisnall-betting-simon-whitlock-can-surprise-chisnall-in-dubai 3pts P.Wright to beat P.Taylor 11/5 Bet365 I’ve got to say I like Wright here. He’ll be bang up for this. This sort of event will be a dream for Wright and I expect him to make the most of it. It gives Taylor a chance to find some sort of stage game but really you’d think he’d rather be at home working on his game ahead of the World Cup next week. Taylor has looked so nervous especially when he’s put under pressure. Wright can stick the pressure on and then dump him out at a tasty price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-wright-betting-peter-wright-can-add-to-taylor-s-woes 3pts M.van Gerwen (-3.5 legs) to beat J.Wade Evs Spreadex I’ve not really seen anything to suggest Wade is on top form at the minute. Certainly if he was on top form I’d expect a player of his quality and class to be pushing for tour titles but that hasn’t really happened so I have to like the Dutchman here. I’m not convinced he’s buzzing at the minute either but he defends the title this week which should add to the importance of the event to him so I’ll take him to play well and win with a bit in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-wade-betting-mvg-can-see-off-wade-in-dubai-quarter-final

Re: Dubai Masters Semi final previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen vs A.Lewis - Over 9.5 180s 5/6 Skybet Generally when these two get together we get classic matches. I think their rivalry is such that we don’t know who is going to win this because there are so little between them but one thing which is almost guaranteed when these two take each other on is a plethora of 180s and I expect nothing different in this match. Both are heavy 180 hitters so the 9.5 line looks perfectly attainable. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-lewis-betting-opening-semi-final-can-be-full-of-180s 4pts P.Wright vs D.Chisnall - Over 18.5 legs Evs Coral I think this will be a close semi final. They opened up the Premier League with a draw so there isn’t a huge amount between the two. I would say over this distance Wright’s consistency is likely to see him through but the best bet for me in this match is for it to go over 18.5 legs. Even when Chisnall won in the Premier League it was 7-4 so there’s plenty to suggest this will be tight throughout. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-chisnall-betting-second-semi-final-can-be-tight-throughout