** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 9 September 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Azerbaijan v Bulgaria (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.35[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.48[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.42 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Kazakhstan v Latvia (17:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Andorra v Wales (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]16[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.24[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Bosnia-Herzegovina v Cyprus (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.26[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]14[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.43 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Croatia v Malta (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]19[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]61[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Czech Republic v Netherlands (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Iceland v Turkey (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Israel v Belgium (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.76[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.67 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Norway v Italy (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 5 months later...

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Source : William Hill opta stats Andorra v Wales

• This will be the first ever international meeting between Andorra and Wales.
  • Chris Coleman has won only one of his six away games as Wales boss (D1 L4).
  • Wales have kept just two clean sheets in their last 19 games.
  • The Dragons have gone 33 competitive games without netting more than twice.
  • Wales have started three of their last four qualification groups with a loss, winning once.
  • Andorra have failed to score a point in their previous four qualification campaigns. In qualification for World Cup 2014, they failed to score a goal, conceding 30 times.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Andorra + 3 @ 1.73 (Boylesports) Not taking it myself, not my type of bet, but the odds are fairly decent, and it's 1.53 in other places. Wales have Gareth Bale, but otherwise the strikers in their squad are Simon Church of Charlton, George Williams of Fulham and Tom Lawrence, former Man United and joined Leicester this summer. Very difficult to see a 3-0 win for Wales, imo. Andorra lost this handicap twice in the last qualifiers, 0-5 Hungary and 0-4 Romania, but those are both sides more potent than Wales, Especially Hungary, who have a goal in them. They also lost 1-0 to Estonia, 2-0 to Turkey and 2-0 to the Dutch.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th 4pts Wales (-2AH) to beat Andorra 1.87 Bet365 I expect Wales to win this match despite the pitch being a bit of a leveller. The question really is how many they will win the game by and with the likes of Bale and Ramsey in their side they should be expected to open up the Andorrans a few times and bag a few goals to set them up for the tougher matches to come. The Asian lines have Wales giving up two goals but I think they can overcome that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/andorra-vs-wales-betting-wales-can-ease-past-andorran-challenge 4pts Latvia (+0.25AH) to beat Kazakhstan 1.89 BetVictor I’m not so sure Kazakhstan should be the favourites in this match, or most matches at this level if I’m honest. Admittedly Latvia are no great shakes but they have been winning matches in recent times and that can often be a big thing. They have a couple of players up front who are plying their trade further afield in Europe which is another positive and if anyone edges this match it can be the visitors. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kazakhstan-vs-latvia-betting-latvia-can-edge-a-tight-qualifying-game 4pts Czech Republic vs Holland - Over 2.5 goals 11/10 Paddy Power I think this will be a fairly open match and I say that because I’d be surprised if either side doesn’t qualify for the finals. Turkey will be a danger in the group but I’d favour these two nations and both should have a go here because if they win this match then qualification will be all but confirmed. Both have open defences but creative players going forward so over 2.5 looks good here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/czech-republic-vs-holland-betting-expect-to-see-some-goals-in-prague 4pts Italy to beat Norway 5/6 BetVictor Going by what we saw of Norway on Wednesday night I would be surprised if Italy don’t have too much for them in this match. England were very poor and still won the game and I don’t expect Italy to be so bad. I like the options Italy have going forward and you have no worries with the Italians defensively as always. It is hard to see where Norway score goals from so everything points to an away win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/norway-vs-italy-betting-italy-should-have-too-much-for-norway

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th It's hard for me to see the Czechs getting anything today, they haven't been good for quite some time now. Vrba is a good coach and I think that they will qualify for the main event in the end, but the Dutch are a level above them and I wouldn't be surprised to see them winning by a decent margin. Either that or a low-scoring draw. I'll go for the Dutch (-1EH) at 3.60 @ Bwin.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th

4pts Wales (-2AH) to beat Andorra 1.87 Bet365 I expect Wales to win this match despite the pitch being a bit of a leveller. The question really is how many they will win the game by and with the likes of Bale and Ramsey in their side they should be expected to open up the Andorrans a few times and bag a few goals to set them up for the tougher matches to come. The Asian lines have Wales giving up two goals but I think they can overcome that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/andorra-vs-wales-betting-wales-can-ease-past-andorran-challenge
With Bale and Ramsey I think Wales could win by quite a few here, and the handicap odds seem pretty attractive.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Monday September 8th Andorra - Wales: no goal @1.40 bet365 Huge value here imo. Wales are very focused on this game, Gareth Bale said they want to qualify for Euro 2016 and their first step is Andorra, a weak team with just 1 goal scored in the last 23 games. Wales have good players besides Bale like midfielders Ramsey (Arsenal) and Allen (Liverpool) and central back Williams (Swansea). I think Andorra will play for the 0-0 also because they don't have a team able to score. High stakes bet for me (10/10). I also pick Gareth Bale to score 2 or more goals @2.62 Bet365, because he will play centre forward after the injury of Church. 2/10 here.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th I'm not certain why I understand Ramsey = goals? He's a very good player, but a midfielder, not a striker? We know about Bale, but he can't do it all himself. Wales look very weak up top to me, I'd be surprised to see them score more than two goals. Their form the last five or so is much improved, but imo there's no getting away from the fact Coleman is a terrible manager, which is also a factor.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th CZECH REPUBLIC – NETHERLANDS Netherlands (to win 1st half) + Netherlands (to win at Full Time) at 3.05 @ Marathobet Interesting match at Prague, with Czech Republic lucking the glory of the past decade. The decision of keeper Cech and midfielder Rosicky not to withdraw is, though, a positive clue. On the other hand, the Dutch team is significantly stronger. They have taken the 3rd place at Brazil’s World Cup and today they start a new era, with Guus Hiddink replacing Louis Van Gaal as new coach. Netherlands will play tonight’s game with many significant absences, like Robben, Huntelaar and Van der Vaart, but the team has a very talented and strong squad, capable of overpassing this absences. In my opinion, Netherlands will start from the beginning with attacking mood and it is very possible to “close” the win from the first half.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Norway vs Italy – Draw in 1st half + Italy to win at Full Time @ 4.20 Marathonbet New era for Italy, after the departure of Cesare Prandelli and the agreement with Antonio Conte, probably the most successful manager lately in the country. Conte comes from three straight championships for Juventus and will try to pass this winning mentality to the national team, which has a lot of quality. Visitors left very good impressions at the strong friendly match against Netherlands last Thursday, the won 2-0, both of the goals came on the first 10 minutes! Norway on the other side will fight for the second position of the group (Italy probably will take the first spot) against Croatia and maybe Bulgaria. “Vikings” lost 1-0 to England at Wednesday, but played good on defence. I believe that the hosts will manage to keep Italy not to score at the first half, but in the end the will lose from a better side.

I'm not certain why I understand Ramsey = goals? He's a very good player' date=' but a midfielder, not a striker? We know about Bale, but he can't do it all himself. Wales look very weak up top to me, I'd be surprised to see them score more than two goals. Their form the last five or so is much improved, but imo there's no getting away from the fact Coleman is a terrible manager, which is also a factor.[/quote'] I agree with you, the bet is: "Both teams to score? No"

I'm not certain why I understand Ramsey = goals? He's a very good player' date=' but a midfielder, not a striker? We know about Bale, but he can't do it all himself. Wales look very weak up top to me, I'd be surprised to see them score more than two goals. Their form the last five or so is much improved, but imo there's no getting away from the fact Coleman is a terrible manager, which is also a factor.[/quote'] Ramsey is one of the best goalscoring midfielders on the planet at the moment, he averaged 1 goal every 2 games last season and already has 3 goals in 4 appearances this season. He also scored 3 goals in 5 games for Wales in 2013. His statistics are better than most strikers, which is unreal.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Andorra - Wales Wales -2 at 1.94 @ Marathonbet Wales had the bad luck to be in a group with strong teams like Belgium,Bosnia and Israel but they are going to fight for a place that leads to Euro 2016 even as 3rd.They rely on their big stars Ramsey and Bale - the second one might start as a striker today due to the injury of Sam Vokes. Andorra is still looking for a win since 2004 and 67 games later but i don't think they will make it today.They will try to do their best in the defense but i think Wales has the ability to score more than 2 goals.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Czech Republic vs Netherlands – win for Netherlands @ 1.90 Marathonbet It is a group with a big name (Netherlands) and two teams (Czech Republic and Turkey) that will try to win the second spot. Guus Hiddink return to “Oranje” after 16 years, but is obligated to line a team without Robben, Huntelaar, van der Vaart, Vlaar and Van der Wiel, all of them key players. This doesn’t mean that Netherlands hasn’t got what it takes to win, but it’s obvious that when Robben isn’t around offensive solutions are a little more difficult to found. Czech Republic are not as strong as they were some years ago, has the enthusiasm but against top class teams like Netherlands this is not enough. My pick is win for visitors.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th ICELAND – TURKEY Both Teams To Score at 1.952 @ Marathonbet I am curious to watch this match between these teams, with both Iceland and Turkey looking for a win. The hosts are a team with many experienced players, who play in improved championships, like Gylfi Sigurdsson of Swansea. On the other hand, Turkey needs a success after the absence at EURO 2012 and the last three World Cups. As a result, both opponents will look for a quick goal, at a match that seems that will be balanced. I think that it is very possible for both teams to score.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th I am also on the Holland team tonight. I saw most of last week's match between Czech and Usa as i had a bet on goals and what I saw from Czech was pretty horrible. USA had most of the possesion during the match and in terms of the possesion comparing to Czechs they looked on the level of Barcelona. They scored only goal from mistake by Cech and Darida but they held ball most of the time and ndidn't really had any desire to go forward. If they were motivated I'm positive that they would score couple more goals. Czechs had only one good chance but Rosicky blow it up. Anyway, very discouraging performance from their side. I haven't watched previous Czech games with Vrba in charge (who did brilliant job at Plzen, that has to be said), so maybe some Czech friends can say more information, but if the level of their is like the one shown in the match versus USA this is the bet of the year. About Holland. New coach, but he has been there before so he knows what he should do to get the job done. Far more quality individuals with very good performance in the World Cup behind them. As I remember they are very reliable team in this qualifing rounds and they tend to be among the first teams to qualify. Probable

• Cech - Kaderabek, Prochazka, Kadlec, Limbersky - Darida, Vacha - Pilar, Rosicky, Krej?i - Lafata
  • Cillessen - Janmaat, De Vrij, Veltman, Blind - De Jong, Wijnaldum, Sneijder - Kuijt, Van Persie, Depay Holland @1,95 8/10 local

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Kazakhstan - Latvia Kazakhstan has really hard work to do if they want to qualify for Euro 2016.They are one of the weakest teams of the group but they hope for wins against Iceland and Latvia.They come from a 7-1 win against Kyrgystan last week were six players scored.The Football Federation of Kazakhstan uploaded a video calling the fans to support the team and the stadium is expected to be filled. Latvia also comes from a win in a friendly match against Armenia which gave them optimism and confidence as their coach said. I believe it's gonna be a balanced game with Kazakhstan taking advantage of their home field. My pick is Kazakhstan @ 2.46 Marathonbet

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Wales -1 EH v Andorra - 20 Points @ 1.53 Bet365 Quite surprised to see such great odds on Wales -1 goal here considering they are 1/7 just to win the game. Andorra don't score often, so really it comes down to whether Wales can break the 11 man defence down. With Bale and Ramsey on the team, you would imagine they will. Andorra can defend quite well, being from Ireland we played them a couple of times and they are hard to break down at times. I don't think Wales will win by 5 but the pace of Bale and the threat of Ramsey should be enough to bag a brace at least.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th I'm wary of Wales because of the artificial pitch. It's not a surface Wales are used to playing on, and given how 'unique' the ball speed and bounce is said to be I can see Andorra's results improving quite a lot in their rebuilt stadium, it had to be tested a couple of times before it was approved by UEFA.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Bosnia vs Cyprus - Bosnia to win to nil @ 4/6 Only a brief post as I'm on my phone, but I like the look of Bosnia to secure 3 points whilst keeping a clean sheet against Cyprus tonight. The home side cruised to a 3-0 win against Liechtenstein last week while Cyprus failed to score away in Croatia (a bet I also took) and I feel with the attacking threat of Dzeko and Ibisevic they can get a couple tonight as well. Cyprus have now failed to score since February 2013 and haven't hit the back of the net away from home in their last 5! Despite the Bosnians missing a couple of experienced heads at the back, Begovic is still a safe pair of hands.

I'm wary of Wales because of the artificial pitch. It's not a surface Wales are used to playing on' date=' and given how 'unique' the ball speed and bounce is said to be I can see Andorra's results improving quite a lot in their rebuilt stadium, it had to be tested a couple of times before it was approved by UEFA.[/quote'] Good point. I could imagine Wales winning by 4 or 5 here, but I could also imagine something like 1-0 or 2-1.

Good point. I could imagine Wales winning by 4 or 5 here' date=' but I could also imagine something like 1-0 or 2-1.[/quote'] I actually think the Andorran players will be at a bigger disadvantage than the Welsh players as 1) The Andorrans have never played a competitive game on the new pitch (not even a friendly). 2) The better players will have the better control i.e the Welsh team. Interestingly the Welsh manager says he hasn't even mentioned the pitch to the Welsh team in terms of any advantages or disadvantages that may be inherent.

Re: Euro 2016 Qualifying > Tuesday September 9th Iceland-Turkey: Turkey' Official 11: Onur K?vrak - Gökhan Gönül, Ömer Toprak, Ersan Gülüm, Caner Erkin - Olcan Ad?n, Mehmet Topal, Emre Belözo?lu, Selçuk ?nan, Arda Turan - Burak Y?lmaz IMO with this squad TD depends on wing attacks against Iceland and he may think Iceland will play kind of parking bus. Caner, Gokhan, Arda and Olcan are wingers. And quite fast players. It is a game tthat has too much importance for Turkey side. If a mediocre team gets a Turkish team which MUST win then that mediocre team has chance to win or not lose. Coz I have never seen my national team plays 90 min. Especially against teams like Iceland. Coz our people right now think Iceland cant cause problem. And if our team loses then things may go south. Anyway I dont know english well so I stop here. My team probably will begin to put pressure on Iceland's players. I dunno Iceland but I can say if they dont have good players and if they choose open game then Turkey may win. If they play defensively and hold Turkey at 0-0 long time then Iceland may find chances. Our team with this squad, IMO, cant find head goals from free kicks , corners. But some players can easily score from free kicks with direct shots. Emre, Caner, Selçuk and Burak are kind of aggressive players. Vulnerable to yellow cards. My other point of view, In my country we always have hope that one of two games we will tackle the strongest team in our group but it hasnt come true yet . We can do that in Euro or world cups but not in qualifying stages! Short version Turkey must begin this stage with a win. Otherwise Turkey must get extra points or has to win against Czech Republic in both games. Coz I havent seen a miracle when we needed it from a weak team against our rival. If we lose , Iceland will have bigger hopes and will become a rival for 2nd place. My betting predictions may seem a little bit odd. 1-Turkey must win and they can. TURKEY WIN 2- and 2 more different offer. HT/FT: X/1 or 1/X G luck

Thanx for the warm info mate. But actually I can't clearly understand your last choice(s).. Not an exact bet?
I am sorry for my lack of english :( I meant at NORMAL conditions Turkey win is my only bet but I know my team and if things go bad then any bet choice I wrote in second line will be more probable.

I'm wary of Wales because of the artificial pitch. It's not a surface Wales are used to playing on' date=' and given how 'unique' the ball speed and bounce is said to be I can see Andorra's results improving quite a lot in their rebuilt stadium, it had to be tested a couple of times before it was approved by UEFA.[/quote'] Blimey, Andorra's first competitive goal in 4 years! :eek..bookies will have made a killing. Anyone watching it? Is the pitch making a big difference?

Blimey' date=' Andorra's first competitive goal in 4 years! :eek..bookies will have made a killing. Anyone watching it? Is the pitch making a big difference?[/quote'] I am watching it in full, very stupid penalty to give away early on and to be honest bar a brilliant header from Bale, Wales have created nothing else yet. Pitch is grand, probably even suits Wales better as the ball stops quick on the surface, so long balls are effective. I have seen this from Andorra when Ireland played them though, they run their asses off in the first half but really really tire in the 2nd half. Only 1 professional on the team, so the amateur's don't have the steam to run like that for 90 mins. Not as confident as I was of Wales winning by 2, but I would be very disappointed if they didn't show more in the 2nd half.