** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Arsenal v Manchester City (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.7[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.96 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th All over the 2.1 for City here, taking it while it lasts. I was at the Arsenal match last night and it was tentative nervy stuff. Some of these players look very tired (mentally + physically) and getting annoyed with each other. A few times Cazorla tried to unlock something but there was no runner and he cut a frustrated figure. Toure + Fernandinho will be all over Arteta and Flamini and I fully expect Arsenal to struggle. The fans are turning too - on certain players (Arteta, Giroud) and on the manager. Not an easy atmosphere for the players by any stretch. I think Arsenal will turn it around and chalk up a win and decent performance soon, but have a feeling it will come on the road and away from Emirates.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th

Are any of the injured players expected back for the weekend mate?
Ramsey is expected back on April 12th, the rest after that. For City, Micah Richards is expected back this weekend, not sure if he will play though but he will be available for selection again. Aguero is also expected back for the Arsenal game.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Yep - worryingly no Arsenal players due back for "two weeks" is the line from Wenger. Ramsey's been two weeks away for about 6 weeks now... Players that will play at the weekend will have to dig very deep indeed.

Yep - worryingly no Arsenal players due back for "two weeks" is the line from Wenger. Ramsey's been two weeks away for about 6 weeks now... Players that will play at the weekend will have to dig very deep indeed.
Will be extremely tough for Arsenal, but you have to bear in mind too that they have only lost once at home all season which was Villa on the opening day. It is safe to say though that Arsenal are playing their worst football of the season at the moment and City are on a high.. If Arsenal don't win this game, all of a sudden 4th place looks in jeopardy so it is a huge game for both sides.

Will be extremely tough for Arsenal' date=' but you have to bear in mind too that they have only lost once at home all season which was Villa on the opening day. It is safe to say though that Arsenal are playing their worst football of the season at the moment and City are on a high.. If Arsenal don't win this game, all of a sudden 4th place looks in jeopardy so it is a huge game for both sides.[/quote'] Very true and you should always bear that in mind but and there is a big but for this game. Like you mentiones Arsenal played way better back then and they are also conceding much more goals at home. I honestly thought they would beat Swansea comfortable like they always do at home against such teams but even in this game they really struggled a lot. City is much better and will put even more pressure on them in every department. Arsenal lost several key players through out the season and it heavily affected their game play. They really lack some goalscoring threat these days and besides the poor Giroud nobody really shows up in front of goal with a killer instinct. First, you had Ramsey who did great and with Walcott coming back they looked fresh and sharp again. Now, without these 4 key players they don't stand a chance against City to be honest. With a fit squad I would have given them a fair chance for the title this year. They did great for a couple of months but now they just can't compete with the big guns and they keep loosing big games every season. City will fight a great battle with Chelsea in the remaining games and they will beat Arsenal here. I hope aguero will be in the squad so I can raise my stakes a bit but for now I'll take this price on the away win with medium stakes.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th 5pts Man City to beat Arsenal 11/10 Paddy Power Arsenal came apart in spectacular style when they went to the Etihad earlier in the season and the form of the two sides coming into the match make a repeat a distinct possibility. Arsenal can play with a freedom but they do that anyway and against the top sides they tend to get it tactically wrong. City showed in midweek they can dominate the big games and I expect them to dominate, and win, this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/arsenal-vs-man-city-betting-man-city-can-be-too-good-for-arsenal-once-again

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th What is the most important variable here? We all know about the magnitude of the occasion and what it means for each team. With everton breathing down their neck, Arsenal have their work cut out. They cant lose here. But they shouldn't have dropped points against Swansea either. Arsenal conceded an early goal and then kept pressing forward for almost the remainder of the match. Arsenal will be very very tired. And Swansea RB was just hopeless. City will be a whole different animal. Now what can Wenger hope? I think he should play for a draw here. They should defend and try and get a point. If they pour forward they will be hammered. City have been fresher with more depth. With so many players injured a city win is clear as daylight. If arsenal attack then City win. If they defend, a little bit of magic from city can give the visitors 3 points. This is particularly true if Arsenal are setup defensively and concede early. Yaya Toure to score and City to win.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Wenger just doesn't set his teams up correctly against the top sides which has been a huge problem for Arsenal this season. Arsenal were pretty much flawless against the weaker sides until recently but Wenger's been done tactically in the big games which is the bad side to a magnificent manager and I feel it's going to be a struggle tomorrow. If we see the same expansive approach from Arsenal again City will pick us off easily and although I would expect the players to play more cautiously with last weeks defeat at the back of their minds, City still have the quality to break down a weakened Arsenal side. Good luck, hope Arsenal some how sneak it. :ok

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th City are probably going to win the league. They would have done it without their two best strikers, Aguero and Negrado for the last 7 games. Its like Man United without Rooney and van Persie or Liverpool having 8 games without Suarez and Sturrige. It gives you a very clear indication of the strength of the team. A really healthy team has many different goal scorers. This is the time of the season where a big squad, with solid depth comes to the fore. Players are less fatigued, carrying fewer injuries and niggles. A little bit sharper and faster than their opposition. As bad as Man United are this season, it was a derby and a big game for City. They had to go out and do the business and they did. They have played some stunning football this season, and will probably do the same against an Arsenal team that seems to have run out of steam. Add the fact that this lightweight Arsenal team does not match up well against big strong, physical teams. I don't see them stopping YaYa, and I can't see them getting much change from City's back four. City comfortable winners here

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Have to agree with the majority on this one. Man City look the bet here and they should comfortably brush aside Arsenal. Arsenal look to have run out of steam as they have done in previous seasons and with injuries galore, City should take full advantage. I really love the midfield partnership of Toure and Fernandinho and they should totally outmuscle whoever plays there for Arsenal. City have so many options and are are building a head of steam to regain the title. I think if they win tomorrow then they win the Premier League as they can afford to lose at Liverpool and still take the title if winning the rest of their games. Man City winning at Arsenal last season was the first time they won there in 28 games and I would suspect now that trend has been broken, they will have no problem putting another notch on the win column. Silva is important to City so hopefully he will start but I do feel City will be too strong for the Gunners.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th It is amazing to me how much support does the AW get here. It is still 3rd against 4th in the league. Wenger is a good and experienced coach. His only error this season is that he did not sign a quality striker when it is obvious that he needs at least one. They would have probably still be in the chamions league if they did not get bayern. My point is that Arsenal have a very sharp team that deserves some respect. And yes, City are probably winning the league.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th True, but we are here to make money not giving respect to an Arsenal side that could have done better.. If they cared at all they would never sell their best players almost every year. It's a great club with a great history but their management sucks if you want to win prizes. Too much money involved these days and you just can't compete when you sell your best players to your enemies.. If they would have kept them in some way they would have been a force in europe by now. But they are not and especially without their 4 best players they are a lot weaker than city atm. That's why people back the away win. Don't get me wrong they are a healthy club and I like that but they have to accept that they can't win any big prizes with wenger and his way of managing. Obvious conclusiom after so many years and afterwards he's complaining why did van Persie join utd?! Give me a break.. Cause he's not stupid. You just sold Song, clichy and fabregas lol.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Which decent players have Arsenal actually sold though? Song and Fabregas, both to Barca. An injury prone Van Persie to United after he'd given Wenger his best season. Samir Nasri.... to City, who could refuse them for the money they're offering? A disruptive Adebayor for £25million :loon Kolo Toure for £16 million :loon Say what you want about Wenger but he knew how to balance the books and he had equally as good a nose as SAF at judging when to jettison a player. City seem like a value play here as just look at the injuries for Arsenal.... Their midfield is decimated and the title has slipped away from them. They've got a pretty poor record this season against top teams and have already been turned over twice by two direct rivals, one of whom was City. They've even lost to United :lol

Which decent players have Arsenal actually sold though? Song and Fabregas, both to Barca. An injury prone Van Persie to United after he'd given Wenger his best season. Samir Nasri.... to City, who could refuse them for the money they're offering? A disruptive Adebayor for £25million :loon Samir Nasri for £16 million :loon Say what you want about Wenger but he knew how to balance the books and he had equally as good a nose as SAF at judging when to jettison a player. City seem like a value play here as just lool at the injuries for Arsenal.... Their midfield is decimated and the title has slipped away from them. They've got a pretty poor record this season against top teams and have already been turned over twice by two direct rivals, one of who was City. They've even lost to United :lol
I hear you but when he sold van Persie to United, van Persie was not that injury prone. His goals won United last seasons league. In total the players you mention are probably over 115 million in gains for Arsenal, and he did not reinvest the cash. They needed an 18 goal striker and a big strong midfielder ... so he may have balanced the books well, but at what cost ?

I hear you but when he sold van Persie to United, van Persie was not that injury prone. His goals won United last seasons league. In total the players you mention are probably over 115 million in gains for Arsenal, and he did not reinvest the cash. They needed an 18 goal striker and a big strong midfielder ... so he may have balanced the books well, but at what cost ?
Building a stable future built on solid ground rather than abject debt.... My memories shot to pieces but I seem to remember Van Persie being out injured a lot before he moved and this season he's been in an out. He tends to put in one full season and then the rest are patchy, or that is at least my perception which may be utter bollox :lol

Which decent players have Arsenal actually sold though? Song and Fabregas, both to Barca. An injury prone Van Persie to United after he'd given Wenger his best season. Samir Nasri.... to City, who could refuse them for the money they're offering? A disruptive Adebayor for £25million :loon Kolo Toure for £16 million :loon Say what you want about Wenger but he knew how to balance the books and he had equally as good a nose as SAF at judging when to jettison a player. City seem like a value play here as just look at the injuries for Arsenal.... Their midfield is decimated and the title has slipped away from them. They've got a pretty poor record this season against top teams and have already been turned over twice by two direct rivals, one of whom was City. They've even lost to United :lol
That is a ridiculous comment about Van Persie. He single handedly won United the title last season. If that's all he ever does, he was well worth the money. He has been injured for the majority of this season and he still has scored nearly the same amount of goals as Giroud. Neil is spot on in what he said, if you get rid of your star players you have to replace them. He hasn't.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th As I got a free bet from Betfair (only for scorecast market), I'm going for 5:0 For City. I think that a lot of people are very unfair when talking about Arsenal. They have achieved more than they really should have this season. They have poor squad lacking players at many positions. They have done really good job to get this far and to be where they are at the moment considering they haven't got a decent squad... All you have to do is take a look at their bench, there is absolutely no QUALITY. They are simillar to United in many ways, they have to buy number of players in the summer (certainly not as many as United) in order to compete for trophies next year. As a United fan I have always respected Arsenal but never feared them. Nothing changed

That is a ridiculous comment about Van Persie. He single handedly won United the title last season. If that's all he ever does, he was well worth the money. He has been injured for the majority of this season and he still has scored nearly the same amount of goals as Giroud. Neil is spot on in what he said, if you get rid of your star players you have to replace them. He hasn't.
Aren't you just missing the point I was making? :unsure Forget Van Persie, the point I was responding to was about Wenger selling his best players, and that he did so at the right time IMO. Debatable whether Van Persie was sold at the right time I agree :ok but looking back they weren't in a position to keep him at that time as someone would have come in for him. Same with Fabregas. Wenger kept them for longer than they wanted before relenting and financially they did very well out of it. I agree totally they haven't replaced them.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th That's what I'm saying.. Ofcourse you can sell Jase if you get way more paid than they are worth but in some cases it really affected the team in a negative way especially when you don't replace these kind of players with new great signings. Every player has had his injuries and so does Van Persie but what he did for Arsenal and last year for Man utd is irreplaceable.. It was a really good signing for utd cause Van persie was in top form last couple of seasons in the premier league. If he wasn't injured for about 10 games this season he would have scored atleast 10 more goals for sure. Fabregas, Song, Van persie was the centre of his team. Huge blows and ofcourse they have some great talented players like Wilshere, Ramsey and finally Ozil but if they would have kept some of these players or bought a couple great, experienced players in recent years I'm sure they would be real title contenders by now. The fact Arsenal will miss 4 of their best players for today's game makes City the obvious play for many of us.

Aren't you just missing the point I was making? :unsure Forget Van Persie' date=' the point I was responding to was about Wenger selling his best players, and that he did so at the right time IMO. Debatable whether Van Persie was sold at the right time I agree :ok but looking back they weren't in a position to keep him at that time as someone would have come in for him. Same with Fabregas. Wenger kept them for longer than they wanted before relenting and financially they did very well out of it.[/quote'] A club that continues to sell their best players is never going to win trophies, that is the point the others have been making. The Arsenal fans are fed up listening to people talk about the clubs finances, yes they are great, but they want silverware. When Nicholas Bendtner is your No. 2 striker, it shows how poorly Wenger has done with the money he has received from the sale of Van Persie, Clichy and Fabregas etc. He splashed the bank on Ozil and he has been a disaster. The fact of the matter is Wenger doesn't know how to beat the top teams in the league, he once was a great manager but it was easier in the old days when money did not control football, these days it does, you can't win trophies without investing in a lot of quality. My opinion means jack shit, but here is a man who knows his stuff and this short clip should be watched.

A club that continues to sell their best players is never going to win trophies, that is the point the others have been making. The Arsenal fans are fed up listening to people talk about the clubs finances, yes they are great, but they want silverware. When Nicholas Bendtner is your No. 2 striker, it shows how poorly Wenger has done with the money he has received from the sale of Van Persie, Clichy and Fabregas etc. He splashed the bank on Ozil and he has been a disaster. The fact of the matter is Wenger doesn't know how to beat the top teams in the league, he once was a great manager but it was easier in the old days when money did not control football, these days it does, you can't win trophies without investing in a lot of quality. My opinion means jack shit, but here is a man who knows his stuff and this short clip should be watched.
That's very harsh. Look at Silva and Mata who also had sharp dips in performance after Christmas during their first season before improving considerably the following season. Ozil was Madrid's second best player and at 40m Wenger got a great deal at that price. He's not been at his best but how can you expect a playmaker who thrives on spotting gaps through a defence to perform when he's got a lamppost ahead of him and another two playmakers playing either side? Who's making the runs? I agree that he doesn't know how to beat the top teams but I think it's more down to his tactical approach rather than money. He rarely adapts his approach and we're often too expansive against the top sides who just pick us off on the break and we've seen this for years. A better team would suit his philosophy more but even his best sides collapsed in certain games which probably explains Arsenal's poor record in European knock out ties. Wenger needed to adapt his team for these games but he stuck with his beliefs which is the weakness of a great manager.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Arsenal - Man City I just can't see Arsenal getting anything from this game. The team is a total mess where some of the players are injured, some are looking to leave the club at the end of the season, team morale could be very low after they were trashed by big clubs and missed 3 points against Swansea. City is stronger basically in every area so if City don't have a very bad today this might be another "0-6" game.

Re: Arsenal v Manchester City > Saturday March 29th Yeah i'll be a sheep as well and follow a public bet, I don't see Arsenal doing much in this match with all the injuries and problems they're currently facing. They're a great club, started the year excellent but recently they've been seriously lacking motivation/quality football. I'll just back city here.