** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 24 - March 30

Re: March 24 - March 30 I hear the courts are a little slower in Miami, surely this would suit Fognini over Bautista. Both playing quite well but Fognini is a fighter and very consistent odds of $2.15 with sportstab look tempting. Thoughts ?

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Fabio Fognini to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut for a 7/10 stake at 2.22 with Pinnacle I'd have the odds the other way around here really. The courts should favor neither guy and I feel that Fognini is the better player of the two overall, so fancy him to take this at the end of the day, especially since he also has a very good H2H record against the Spaniard. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fognini-vs-bautista-agut-betting-fabio-fognini-to-record-his-fourth-victory-over-the-spaniard

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Ekaterina Makarova to beat Angelique Kerber for a 7/10 stake at 2.60 with Pinnacle Can't get my head around the favoritism for Kerber here. She lost against Torro-Flor in Indian Wells, she nearly lost against Peng in the earlier rounds here, and she doesn't have a great record against Makarova, so I simply have to side with the Russian here at such a great price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/makarova-vs-kerber-betting-ekaterina-makarova-looks-value-against-the-world-s-number-nine

Re: March 24 - March 30 WTA MIAMI MASTERS 1000 TIP: Dominika Cibulkova to beat Venus Williams @ $1.80 on Pinnacle Sports REASON: A night game, on the main stage with the crowd supporting Venus Williams won't even get her over the line tonight. She is Struggling to find her feet this year and definitely showed in the previous round coughing up 7 breaks of serve. Cibulkova is feeling confident, playing some great tennis and should win in comfortable fashion. *BET OF THE DAY* STAKE: 10 / 10 ATP MIAMI MASTERS 1000 ROUND 3: TIP: Fabio Fognini to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut @ $2.20 on bet365 REASON: Fognini carries a 3-1 h2h record against Bautista. Fognini is in career best form and continues to impress with his clever all court game. Priced at $2.20, we feel this is pure value and confident he will progress to the next round! STAKE: 8.5 / 10 ATP MIAMI MASTERS: TIP: Aljaz Bedene to beat Benjamin Becker @ $1.73 on Pinnacle Sports. REASON: Bedene is a very talented player coming through the ranks and possesses a big serve and heavy forehand. He should make light work of Becker today who just managed to beat an out of sorts Harrison in the previous round. STAKE: 8 / 10

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Elina Svitolina (+5.5) to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 7/10 stake at 1.96 with Pinnacle Back Elina Svitolina to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 3/10 stake at 4.96 with Pinnacle It's never easy to go against Radwanska, but she looked injured against Vesnina yesterday. The Russian made way too many errors and couldn't take advantage of that, but I fancy the talented Ukrainian to be a bit better than that and to push the world's number three to the limit today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/svitolina-vs-radwanska-betting-agnieszka-radwanska-looks-slightly-overrated-over-in-miami

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Dusan Lajovic (+1.5 sets) to beat Aleksandr Dolgopolov for a 4/10 stake at 2.87 with Pinnacle Back Dusan Lajovic to beat Aleksandr Dolgopolov for a 3/10 stake at 6.92 with Pinnacle Worth a punt I would say, as Dolgopolov's good form seems to have inflated the odds by a decent margin. He tends to be fairly awkward in these bread-and-butter matches, however, so I can see the determined Serb getting something tangible from this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lajovic-vs-dolgopolov-betting-the-determined-serb-can-have-his-own-say-in-the-matters-today

Re: March 24 - March 30 Benjamin Becker to beat Aljaz Bedene @ 2.30 Betfair This is a rematch from last year's tournament, where Bedene beat Becker in straight sets. Despite that, I think the value is with Becker this time around. Beating Harrison in the last round should have boosted his confidence, and personally I haven't been all that impressed with Bedene. It took three sets for him to beat Wang, and another three to beat Pospisil who still isn't fully fit. If Bedene is slack again then Becker has the experience to take this. Roberto Bautista Agut to beat Fabio Fognini @ 1.76 Betfair I think Bautista Agut deserves to be favourite in this match, as despite Fognini's improvement in the last year or so his career numbers show a losing record on hard. Bautista Agut has shown that he is a player to be taken seriously at the big tournaments, and for me he is a more dependable player than Fognini. Even though the conditions here are arguably more to Fognini's liking than other hard courts, I think Bautista Agut will get the job done. Nicolas Almagro to beat John Isner @ 2.26 Betfair Almagro has already beaten one big serving American in Querrey, so I don't see why he can't repeat the trick here. Isner has played a lot of tennis recently, and although he often looks tired even when he isn't I think all the matches he has played in the last few weeks could catch up with him. Three sets against Young won't have helped, and so Almagro's fresher legs could see the Spaniard making his way through to the next round.

Re: March 24 - March 30 Dusan serving at 5-5 in breaker in 3rd. Already blew serving for match at 5-4. Ball is in by a foot and the linesman calls it out.Chair overules it, but they had to replay the point.Brutal man..brutal..Pissed off right now.

Re: March 24 - March 30

Dusan serving at 5-5 in breaker in 3rd. Already blew serving for match at 5-4. Ball is in by a foot and the linesman calls it out.Chair overules it' date=' but they had to replay the point.Brutal man..brutal..Pissed off right now.[/quote'] If it's any consolation to those who were backing Lajovic, I think it's fair to say that he was the player to be on at the price. If you can be on the right player at the right price more often than not, you'll be ahead in the long run.

Re: March 24 - March 30 2 picks for the ATP Challenger Guadalajara: G.MELZER VS. GOMEZ UNDER 17.5 GAMES @ 2.1 on bet365 MORIYA VS. RANGEL UNDER 18.5 GAMES @ 1.66 on bet365 Gerald Melzer is very talented player, good shotmaker, a lot of good results in Challengers. Should be an easy win for him against a local wild-card. Similar reasoning for the Moriya match.

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Tomas Berdych (-2) to beat John Isner for a 8/10 stake at 1.94 with Pinnacle Berdych seems to have already recovered from that poor loss against Bautista-Agut, so I fancy him to beat John Isner with something to spare here. He's the more complete player of the two and Isner looks breakable at the moment, so this handicap line looks a touch low to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-isner-betting-tomas-berdych-to-cover-the-handicap-line-against-john-isner-in-miami

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Petra Kvitova to beat Maria Sharapova for a 7/10 stake at 2.36 with Pinnacle Sharapova has been very average in this tournament so far, so I am not sure where this sort of favoritism is coming from. There isn't a massive gap between the two quality-wise and Kvitova is the more in-form player at the moment, so I'll be siding with the Czech at odds that are well above evens. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kvitova-vs-sharapova-betting-the-czech-has-what-it-takes-to-stop-maria-sharapova-on-tuesday

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Richard Gasquet (+5) to beat Roger Federer for a 5/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle Back Richard Gasquet (+1.5 sets) to beat Roger Federer for a 3/10 stake at 3.00 with Pinnacle Too much hype surrounding Federer at the moment in my opinion. Richard Gasquet played well against Anderson from what I've seen and he will be a massive step up from Ivo Karlovic and Thiemo de Bakker, so I can definitely see Federer having some problems today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/gasquet-vs-federer-betting-roger-federer-looks-slightly-overrated-in-miami-today

Re: March 24 - March 30 Czech, agree with you on Berdych, although Sousa and Robert are not exactly the players you'd expected to make too much problems to him but he looked way better than against Bautista. Also, conditions in Miami are very, very slow and Isner even last night looked as you said, breakable and combining that with his poor movement i think Berdych will win this one. I'm interested about your oppinion about Ferrer -2 vs Nishikori and Wawa+Murray combo. Wawrinka had a poor match yesterday against Vasselin, his AO form seems to be history but Dolgo looked even worse yesteray, very close to losing the match to Lajovic. Many given points and really poor service from what i saw. And about Murray looks to me conditions here are ok with him and that he's getting his form back from match to match. Plus the fact Tsonga was just horrible against Baghdatis who choked in key moments. I think Murray's game is maybe the worst possible matchup for Tsonga's number of UE's. Beside that, slow conditions will surely absorb much of the power on which Tsonga relies against his opponents... Thanks in advance and GL.

Re: March 24 - March 30 WTA MIAMI MASTERS 1000: QTR FINALS TIP: Petra KVITOVA to beat Maria SHARAPOVA @ $2.20 on bet365 REASON: Maria Sharapova has had a difficult start to the year. So far in Miami, Maria has continued to struggle with her first and second serve. Now she is up against a quality top 10 player, Kvitova will strike first and dominate the rallies. Kvitova has all the weapons and we are confident she will reach the semi final in fine fashion. *BET OF THE DAY* STAKE: 10 / 10 ATP MIAMI MASTERS 1000: ROUND 4 TIP: Kei NISHIKORI to beat David FERRER @ $2.75 on bet365 REASON: We all know what David Ferrer does best and thats fight, chase, scrap and get the ball back. He is still getting results but doing it tough. Nishikori is playing his best tennis this year and in red hot form after defeating Dimitrov in straight sets yesterday. He has what it takes to consistently stay in the long rallies with Ferrer, but has incredible shot making ability which will be the difference. We think $2.75 is excellent value and stands a massive chance. Take the talented Nishikori to win and advance to the Quarter Final! STAKE: 7 / 10

Re: March 17 - March 23 Kvitova to beat Sharapova @2.20 local bookie (7/10) Not an easy decision for me because I invariably fade Kvitova, but this time I really think Petra should prevail. Pova has weel known health issues with her shoulder, and I initially thought that she should be OK by now if she decided to come. But her performance against Nara and Flipkens that should be couple of levels below was plain shocker, and with Safarova that belongs just ONE level below was embarassing. Zillions of doublefaults and unforceds in all directions was what enabled the opponents to score pretty high number of breaks, and it was not untiul the decider where the qualities shone through. Petra plays really good tennis here, and she is getting better every match, IMO. She belongs to the same league with Maria, and they always fight tight on quicker surfaces. If Petra repeats her yesterday's performance against poor Ivanovic, Maria stands no chance whatsoever.

Re: March 24 - March 30

Czech, agree with you on Berdych, although Sousa and Robert are not exactly the players you'd expected to make too much problems to him but he looked way better than against Bautista. Also, conditions in Miami are very, very slow and Isner even last night looked as you said, breakable and combining that with his poor movement i think Berdych will win this one. I'm interested about your oppinion about Ferrer -2 vs Nishikori and Wawa+Murray combo. Wawrinka had a poor match yesterday against Vasselin, his AO form seems to be history but Dolgo looked even worse yesteray, very close to losing the match to Lajovic. Many given points and really poor service from what i saw. And about Murray looks to me conditions here are ok with him and that he's getting his form back from match to match. Plus the fact Tsonga was just horrible against Baghdatis who choked in key moments. I think Murray's game is maybe the worst possible matchup for Tsonga's number of UE's. Beside that, slow conditions will surely absorb much of the power on which Tsonga relies against his opponents... Thanks in advance and GL.
Wasn't able to log on before, but here we go. Not sure about Ferrer, I'd rather be on Nishikori pre-match, but staying away after backing both Seppi and Gabashvili with no success. Both Wawrinka and Murray should win due to the reasons you've highlighted, but the prices are so short that I wouldn't even consider looking at them. That's a matter of personal preference though, so I wouldn't want to put you off that combo.

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Serena Williams (-5.5) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 6/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle Back Serena Williams (-7.5) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 2/10 stake at 4.31 with Pinnacle There's a big gap between the two at the moment and Serena Williams seems to be very focused right now, so these handicap lines do look worth taking to me. Sharapova hasn't been playing well lately, so any resistance from her side is likely to be very short-lived. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-sharapova-betting-serena-williams-to-defeat-maria-sharapova-with-minimal-fuss-on-thursday

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Rafael Nadal (-4.5) to beat Milos Raonic for a 7/10 stake at 2.27 with Pinnacle Rafael Nadal looks unstoppable at the moment, while Milos Raonic didn't look all that great against Becker the other night, so the Spaniard should be able to cover this handicap line more often than not here. The conditions won't help Raonic too much, after all, and he has a very poor record against the current world's number one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nadal-vs-raonic-betting-rafael-nadal-can-confirm-his-rise-with-an-easy-victory-against-milos-raonic

Re: March 24 - March 30 Propose to consider the quarterfinal match at the Miami Masters between Rafael Nadal and Milos Raonic. Both came to the game with excellent results during the tournament , no problem passing their rivals. It would seem that both are in excellent condition , should expect stubborn confrontation with highly probable top in the game. However, suppose there is still a clear victory Nadal. First, clearly felt after the failure in Indian Wells Rafael serious attitude on this Masters. And if we add that here he was in the finals three times , but never took the title , the motivation is very clearly visible. Second, Nadal on matches here in Miami went on last year's figures for the work on the court (and it is stable for 80 % on 1st, 70 % for 2nd, at the level of 50% at the reception) I recall last year in Montreal , Cincinnati and USO (three titles in a row) with such indicators Rafael and worked steadily through minus handicaps versed with their rivals at different levels. It seems like Raonic is also working on a decent performance here , but the level of those tennis players who confronted him here is clearly not up to the level of Nadal and strongly doubt that Milos can keep in upcoming match these indicators. Thirdly , personal meetings are also clearly indicate that the technical arsenal , to which we add a decent motivation is clearly preferable Rafael : 11.08.13 Nadal - M. Raonic 2:0 (6:2, 6:2) 27.04.13 Nadal - M. Raonic 2:0 (6:4, 6:0) 06.10.11 Nadal - M. Raonic 2:0 (7:5, 6:3) 07.10.10 Nadal - M. Raonic 2:0 (6:4, 6:4) Based on the foregoing , will win Nadal two sets, breaking through the negative odds at -5, -6 games. This is supported by the fact that Nadal has always played to the last and is not limited to one break per set. Raonic will be crushed like a passenger car after meeting with the russian KAMAZ truck (6X6). This is a must see , is a must play! Nadal -4.5 at 2.34 Pinnacle Under 21.5 at 1.98 Pinnacle

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Rafael Nadal to win first set 6-2 at 9/1 with William Hill Back Rafael Nadal to win first set 6-4 at 10/3 with William Hill Back Rafael Nadal to win first set 6-0 at 66/1 with Bet365 This is based on running the numbers through my spreadsheet. Nadal is looking on top form, Raonic has been struggling with his first serve recently and facing break points from far worse players than Nadal. Considering their form and previous head-to-heads I'm expecting Nadal to be nearly unbreakable and to break Raonic at least once in each set. Given that Raonic will almost certainly serve first it makes the above scorelines value plays.

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back T.Berdych/R.Nadal - Over 2.5 sets for a 7/10 stake at 3.25 with Bet365 Both guys are playing well at the moment, so I can definitely see this going all the way down to the wire. Berdych seems to be playing without his mental demons at the moment, which is a good sign, and his most recent battles against Nadal have been rather tight as well, so I wouldn't have this above 2.70 or so. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berdych-vs-nadal-betting-a-long-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-rafael-nadal-and-tomas-berdych-in-miami

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back K.Nishikori/N.Djokovic - Over 2.5 sets for a 6/10 stake at 4.00 with Bet365 Worth a punt in my opinion, especially after seeing Djokovic having plenty of unexpected problems against Andy Murray. Nishikori has already beaten Ferrer and Federer in this tournament, so he's clearly not to be written off today, which means that a true epic might be on the cards in Miami on Friday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/nishikori-vs-djokovic-betting-kei-nishikori-can-play-yet-another-epic-against-the-world-s-number-two

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Lisicki/Hingis to beat Mirza/Black for a 6/10 stake at 2.85 with Unibet Good value on Lisicki/Hingis here in my opinion. The surface allows them to excel with their big hitting and they've already recorded some fairly surprising victories in Miami, so I can see them getting a win against Sania Mirza and Cara Black as well. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lisicki-hingis-vs-mirza-black-betting-sabine-lisicki-and-martina-hingis-look-value-in-miami-today

Re: March 24 - March 30 Bet of the Year. My house is on it. Lay Nadal 2-0 @ 1.65 (betfair) 10/10 A sizable punt on Berdych win @ 4.88(pinny) 5/10 A small bet on Berdych to win 2-0 @ 8.0 2/10 I don't think Nadal has played anywhere near the level of Berdych all year. The Czech pushed Stan at AO under similar conditions and I think Berdych will realize Rafa is vulnerable. Milos took a set off the Spaniard and although I didn't watch the match I saw that the el Matador drop a lot of short balls. I think Berdych will hit through Rafa here and win it, hopefully in 2. Something is not quite right with the Spaniard myself thinking

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Li Na Total Games - Over 8.5 for a 8/10 stake at 2.00 with Paddy Power I didn't like what I saw from Serena Williams against Maria Sharapova the other day, so I do fancy Li Na, who has a 22-2 record for the year so far, to win at least nine games against her today. The pressure is firmly on the American here, after all, and she's had to play quite a few tough matches against the Chinese number one in the past. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/li-vs-williams-betting-serena-williams-might-have-a-few-problems-against-li-na-today

Re: March 24 - March 30 Back Albert Ramos to beat Martin Klizan for a 6/10 stake at 2.31 with Pinnacle Martin Klizan might face some serious match-up problems here, as Ramos is going to force him to play that one extra shot way too often for the Slovak to feel comfortable out there. Good odds then for the Spaniard here in my opinion. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ramos-vs-klizan-betting-albert-ramos-has-what-it-takes-to-upset-martin-klizan