** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd One thing is clear here. Mourinho will use a ultra defensive/negative tactic for this game. Chelsea always plays like this against big guns and I rate PSG at home pretty strong nowadays. I think this will be a pretty tight affair and the home advantage will probably be the decisive factor for either team. I think psg is able to snatch a narrow win here with zlatan in top form and lavezzi and cavani on the wing they are a serious thread to any team. Also very dangerous from set pieces with centre backs as Alex and Thiago Silva and chelsea will likely defend around their own box. Will be a great game to watch though. Likely under for me :-)

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd PSG should win this one. Chelsea did not convice me in the CL at all. Yes they also didn't in 2012 I know that, but at that year they did not play against big teams with good defence. Even if they will play ultra counter against PSG, PSG has one of the best defence of the world. I rate Alex and Silva as one of the tighest defences in the world, and PSG can always score with Ibra, Lavezzi and Cavani/ Lucas Moura even against 10 defending man. PSG to win 2,10 @ Unibet Medium stakes.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd 4pts Under 2.5 goals 4/6 Stan James I expect Jose to set Chelsea up in the same way he set his side up at Man City in the Premier League not so long ago where the aim is to hit the Parisians on the break. The onus is on PSG to force a result in this first leg but I don’t think it will come automatically and it certainly won’t be a comfortable result. PSG haven’t been favourites for a quarter final before which provides pressure of its own so everything around the match suggests under 2.5 goals to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/psg-vs-chelsea-betting-goals-may-be-light-in-coming-in-paris

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd This could not be a better time for Laurent Blanc's Paris Saint Germain to play Chelsea as Jose Mourinho's charges have found themselves in a bit of a hole at the moment. They have only won 1 of their last 6 away games in all competitions and does not bode well for them travelling over to France to play a highly talented and dangerous side like PSG. They have also lost their last 2 league away games in a row to Aston Villa and Crystal Palace without scoring a goal. PSG have won their last nine games in a row, seven of which they kept a clean sheet, so morale must be extremely high in the camp at the moment. I think PSG are value at 11/10 with Boylesports to win this fixture, I personally would have made them odds-on. A very big blow for Chelsea is the news that Samuel Eto'o will be out for this fixture with a hamstring injury and he has been a real attacking threat of late and a real good source for their goals. Nemanja Matic will not be able to play as he is cup tied because he played in Europa for Benfica earlier in the season. Ashley Cole is also still out but it is good news for PSG as they will have a fully fit squad to choose from. Chelsea have not defended well of late and they are in for a very tough night with Lavezzi, Cavani and Ibrahimovic running at them for 90 minutes. John Obi Mikel is expected to start for Chelsea and Schurrle is likely to partner Torres up top in what could be a 4-5-1 formation for Chelsea. These two sides have met just once in the past and Chelsea won that game 3-0 back in the 2004-05 season but that has no bearing on this game whatsoever. PSG have been impressive in the Champions League so far this season with their only defeat away to Benfica when the group was already theirs. They demolished Bayer Leverkusen 6-1 on aggregate in the last round and they won't fear Chelsea one bit. One thing they have that Chelsea don't is a lethal strike force and that could be the difference. Chelsea have had a relatively easy passage to this stage of the competition having played Bucharest, Basel, Schalke and Galatasaray but we will see what they are made of here because they will be tested. Paris St Germain WIN @ 11/10 Boylesports - Also Get a Free £50 Bet when you register with Boylesports!

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd PSG v Chelsea - PSG to win to nil 23/10 Ladbrokes I think Mourinho's main priority will be to try and keep PSG's potent attack at bay tomorrow, and it won't be easy. Ibrahimovic will thrive on the challenge of Terry and Cahill, while Lavezzi and Cavani can create their fair share of problems for Chelsea. PSG have a fantastic base in midfield and one which can deal with the defensive side of the team effectively. Chelsea will go with Torres up front most likely and he is devoid of confidence, I'm not sure how much he'll enjoy Thiago Silva and Alex's company. Blanc would be silly not to take the game to Chelsea here and set up a good edge for the 2nd leg. I think they should win and the odds of 23/10 for a win and clean sheet are higher than I'd have initially wanted.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd you would be mad to think chelsea wont score! psg always concede against fairly decent opposition and im not talking about the french league. i mean when they have played champions league teams where they have conceded at home 3/4 games . BEST BEt is BTTS here:)

PSG v Chelsea - PSG to win to nil 23/10 Ladbrokes I think Mourinho's main priority will be to try and keep PSG's potent attack at bay tomorrow, and it won't be easy. Ibrahimovic will thrive on the challenge of Terry and Cahill, while Lavezzi and Cavani can create their fair share of problems for Chelsea. PSG have a fantastic base in midfield and one which can deal with the defensive side of the team effectively. Chelsea will go with Torres up front most likely and he is devoid of confidence, I'm not sure how much he'll enjoy Thiago Silva and Alex's company. Blanc would be silly not to take the game to Chelsea here and set up a good edge for the 2nd leg. I think they should win and the odds of 23/10 for a win and clean sheet are higher than I'd have initially wanted.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd

This could not be a better time for Laurent Blanc's Paris Saint Germain to play Chelsea as Jose Mourinho's charges have found themselves in a bit of a hole at the moment. They have only won 1 of their last 6 away games in all competitions and does not bode well for them travelling over to France to play a highly talented and dangerous side like PSG. They have also lost their last 2 league away games in a row to Aston Villa and Crystal Palace without scoring a goal. PSG have won their last nine games in a row, seven of which they kept a clean sheet, so morale must be extremely high in the camp at the moment. I think PSG are value at 11/10 with Boylesports to win this fixture, I personally would have made them odds-on. A very big blow for Chelsea is the news that Samuel Eto'o will be out for this fixture with a hamstring injury and he has been a real attacking threat of late and a real good source for their goals. Nemanja Matic will not be able to play as he is cup tied because he played in Europa for Benfica earlier in the season. Ashley Cole is also still out but it is good news for PSG as they will have a fully fit squad to choose from. Chelsea have not defended well of late and they are in for a very tough night with Lavezzi, Cavani and Ibrahimovic running at them for 90 minutes. John Obi Mikel is expected to start for Chelsea and Schurrle is likely to partner Torres up top in what could be a 4-5-1 formation for Chelsea. These two sides have met just once in the past and Chelsea won that game 3-0 back in the 2004-05 season but that has no bearing on this game whatsoever. PSG have been impressive in the Champions League so far this season with their only defeat away to Benfica when the group was already theirs. They demolished Bayer Leverkusen 6-1 on aggregate in the last round and they won't fear Chelsea one bit. One thing they have that Chelsea don't is a lethal strike force and that could be the difference. Chelsea have had a relatively easy passage to this stage of the competition having played Bucharest, Basel, Schalke and Galatasaray but we will see what they are made of here because they will be tested. Paris St Germain WIN @ 11/10 Boylesports - Also Get a Free £50 Bet when you register with Boylesports!
I like your analysis and at this price PSG HW is indeed value. However it is not by much and one should only play this bet according to his bankroll. The more I think the more i favor BTTS.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd Under 2.5 4/6 Chelsea & draw double chance 4/5 Expect Chelsea to be very well organised and set up not to concede with an option of hitting PSG on the break, I can see acouple of Chelsea's pacey players causing problems for PSG at the back e.g Hazard & Willian. Although Chelsea have hit a a poor run of form in the league, the Champions League is a different thing all together and I expect a big performance here. That and Mourinho generally has a good reputation for preparing his teams for very big/tough away matches. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw is my prediction.

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd Hi everybdy Like some of you i think PSg should win this game at home but im gone wait 2nd leg for bigger stakes and choose an bet for fun on fonbet PSG Win from behind @9.00 9€ It's maybe THE game for PSG to up in the final level, they just have to live some frustrating moment in big games like this and overcome it for win and be definitively a real "Lengendary team" Zlatan is on fire and at 2000% on this game i hope he can easily respond to the potential offensive of Chelsea , if they score first for sure GL All Sorry my english

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd In the last two seasons PSG played 9 matches at home for the Champions League...only Benfica and Dinamo Zagreb failed to score..Kiev, Porto, Valencia, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Leverkusen, Anderlecht all managed to score...if i can see this, i believe Mourinho also can. PSG´s defense is very good but the Champions League is not League 1. I agree that Mourinho will sit back, keep the game tight, defend and try the counter...that´s what he does on such big games like this...but if Chelsea takes a 1-0 defeat to London, Mourinho knows he´s in trouble, cause PSG has enough power to score in any stadium of the world, and in case they score in Stamford Bridge, Chelsea needs at least 3 goals to go through... I think Mourinho will find it easier to give it a go today...that´s why i dont like the under here. When Chelsea played Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City away from home, Mourinho would be happy with all matches ending 0-0. But even if they suffered and lost 1-0 that would be exaclty the same as if Chelsea tried to attack and lost 2-1. Well, today this is not the case...1-0 for PSG is the worst result Mourinho can get (2-0, 3-0 are even worst, of course), that´s why i think that tonight Chelsea will defend but try to do what almost every teams did in the Champions League agains PSG..score a goal. I think this will end 1-1 or 2-1. I will take over 2.25 2.00 @ Pinnacle. GL

Re: Paris Saint-Germain v Chelsea > Wednesday April 2nd Paris Saint-Germain vs Chelsea Total Attempts On Target: Under 14.5 at 2.15 Bookie: Marathonbet Statistics on the shots on target in matches this season Champions League: PSG - Anderlecht - 14 (h) and 23 (away) PSG - Benfica - 13 (h) and 17 (a) PSG - Olympiakos - 12 (h) and 15 (a) PSG - Bayer Leverkusen - 17 (h) and 15 (a) Chelsea - Steaua - 12 (h) and 22 (a) Chelsea - Basel - 10 (h) and 11 (a) Chelsea - Galatasaray - 14 (h) and 9 (a) Chelsea - Schalke - 13 (h) and 11 (a) If we take the statistics of each team and summarize , this total will be closed , but it is not so simple. It is worth noting that Chelsea do this only once struck their matches in total , and on the road in a game with only weak Steaua. In other words Mourinho away games not come close to that total. Chelsea is not particularly attacking minded and did not give to the opponent to do it. Average PSG in the Champions League put in front of the goal a little more than 9 shots per match. But , then there are two aspects. First, in his field Parisians once punched anyone in this total is not the right match against Bayer. Recall that there already was clear after the first game in Germany, and in fact, the second leg turned into a formality. Secondly, it is worth noting that the way to the quarter finals PSG had no serious rivals such as Chelsea. Therefore , in the attack and different PSG such playfulness. Today, many are inclined to believe that the game is frisky and effective does not work, because both coaches know each other well and understand that a missed goal will cost too much. Therefore , to force things no one will, and both teams are paying more attention to the defense. Hence , can hardly expect a large number of shots fired on target.