** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st cant see us getting anything tonight,we are all over the place at the back,midfield is shite at least we have rooney up front.if Bayern play well tonight they will murder us,i will go 3 1 or 4 1 Bayern hope im wrong good luck

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st

Im amazed with comments on this thread. A lot of you guys saw great value on Man City to win at Old Trafford...that wasn´t even debatable according to some of you...they won.. Then again a great value according to the same punters on City to beat Arsenal..they would do that easily someone said. Well, they didn't... Now you see value on Bayern at 1.55???!!!! Man Utd has been poor and Bayern has been great???? OF COURSE...but when it comes to betting and you look for value, 1.55 doesn´t represent any value whatsoever...Bayern can smash United 6-0 or 7-0...but from the point of view of the sharp bettor, 1.55 an awful bet! Will anyone be surprised if United manages to score a goal and get a 1-1 draw? Bayern will still be happy with it.. Like i´ve been saying..it is still Old Trafford..
Have you watched United this season? Have you watched Bayern this season? If you did, you'd be more than happy to take 1.55.

Have you watched United this season? Have you watched Bayern this season? If you did, you'd be more than happy to take 1.55.
I agree. And the old "it is still Old Trafford.." line doesn't wash for me.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Bayern in 1/8 finals played with Arsenal. First leg at the Emirates where Bayern won 2:0 and the possesion 27% Arsenal vs 73% Bayern. Back at the Allians where tied 1:1 and the possession 64% Bayern to 36% Arsenal. United played in the 1/8 finals with Olympiacos. In Greece where they've lost 2:0 and the possesion 45% Oly to 55% United. Back in England, where United won 3:0 and the possesion... 49% United to 51% Oly.

I agree. And the old "it is still Old Trafford.." line doesn't wash for me.
I found it hard to believe but when I checked last week, United were top of the away table in the league, best away team in the Premier League. Which just shows how shit they have been at Old Trafford. 7 defeats this season there and they now face the best team in Europe with no Van Persie and a shambolic defence. I will be amazed if we even get a draw.

You didn't actually say so' date=' but if you're saying Bayern is an awful bet at 1.55, then backing Man Utd +0.5 at 2.78 (latest Pinnacle odds) must be a good one ... yes?[/quote'] Strange post from such a reputable member...MPLouis you´re such a good tipster, im surprised with that post... I believe you heard about NO BET...does that answer to your question? Not seing value on the away side doesn´t mean i see value on the home side...a lot of times i see value on a team and i simply dont have the guts to on them...this is something similar...i dont see value on Bayern, but going against them is too risky, of course.

Quarter Finals of the Champions, two top teams, 1.55 on the away side?????? No, im not happy at all...10 years of betting makes me think this way... But GL anyway...

Quarter Finals of the Champions, two top teams, 1.55 on the away side?????? No, im not happy at all...10 years of betting makes me think this way... But GL anyway...
Although it is 0-0 at half time, there is only 1 top team in this match. Welbeck had a great chance, apart from that it is men against boys. Don't get me wrong, if United get a result I will be ecstatic.

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Wtf is Guardiola thinking not starting a forward. This should be considered a capital offence punishable by the death penalty. Why the frell do you need six in midfield when Man U are not even trying to attack is just beyond me.

Not seing value on the away side doesn´t mean i see value on the home side...a lot of times i see value on a team and i simply dont have the guts to on them...this is something similar...i dont see value on Bayern' date=' but going against them is too risky, of course.[/quote'] I guess my point was if you think a bet is 'awful' then it is surely worth opposing - i.e. laying or betting the other way, providing the odds are acceptable :ok

Re: Manchester United v FC Bayern München > Tuesday April 1st Wow talk about frustration! Bayern made chance after chance and pissed them all up against the wall. Man U did well to show the fight they did but FMD Manzukic on the bench and then they wonder why all those chances were blown. Heynkes would of come here, played direct, used fast wing attacks and won. Not 50,000 passes with no end result. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTetQfmqoXIADHfn0-9lEwEOKcNCFJx5hMbEcrCglr4bvs2VQ- And the amount of times Robben found himself on the edge of the box and had a shot when he had 2 or 3 waiting in the middle with a much better angle is enough to make you chew your own tongue off.

Looks like you were right Cambroia :loon
Didn´t watch the match but from the stats i realise Bayern totally dominated United, like expected... But Guardiola said what i thought it could happen: "I am quite satisfied (with the draw)" Now they get the job done in Munich.

Think Aidy is right but then it's easy for me to say as I got on at the best price possible! :lol I got a fair wedge on too, as noted in the other thread, with 32red and coral before the prices were cut, it's difficult to top up when the line for -1.0AH will probably be the same as I got for the straight win previously. The -1.5AH handicap win is certainly appealing, Bayern can focus fully on the game following their title win last night, they have been rotating reasonably heavily lately and most players are pretty fresh. Dante is suspended for the game so Pep has been playing Martinez in defence for a few games recently alongside Boateng so they can get a bit of understanding going, I'm not convinced by Martinez in the back line but it is difficult to fully evaluate when the sides they are facing have about 25% possession. I don't think Muller will start he is in poor form, not good enough to get in the midfield and not enough of a goal threat in the big games to start ahead of Mandzukic. Expect the following line-up - Neuer; Rafinha/Lahm, Martinez, Boateng, Alaba; Lahm/Schwein; Ribery, Kroos, Thiago, Robben; Mandzukic. United obviously have massive problems all over the pitch currently with RVP out, Christ knows how many centre backs are missing, Evra suspended, Mata ineligible, can they risk Buttner in this game? Will be even play Smalling left back if he is fit? I hope Fellani starts as the game as it will simply pass him by but I can't imagine Moyes will take the risk as he appears to be a total liability when teams play it on the floor against them. Moyes will probably be terrified enough by now and should pack the midfield, I wouldn't like to guess what line-up Moyes will go with as they have been difficult enough to predict lately. It seems laughable now but I had a antepost bet on United for the EPL at the start of the season when Moyes was first appointed and I've been regretting it since he sacked the entire backroom staff, I think this was the biggest mistake he could have made, but to be honest we could fill 8 pages with the various mistakes he has made since being appointed. When landslide victories are predicted they rarely come to pass in games like this but it is difficult to see United coming away with anything other than a defeat, Bayern are just so much stronger all over the park. Regardless of the result I can't see any basis - form, players, tactical approach, manager - to favour United, Bayern are stronger away than at home so I would prefer to back them here as United will have to attack a little bit whereas they can happily stick 11 behind the ball in the Allianz. United are capable of scoring on the break as Bayern can be venerable to this but they usually play more cautiously in the CL so I wouldn't think they will play quite as far up the pitch as they do in the Bundesliga, Arsenal showed in the opening of the first game against Bayern that the right approach can unsettle them but I simply don't think United have the players to carry it out, Bayern's self confidence - or arrogance (well earned) if you prefer - is currently oozing out of them. As I said I got this price weeks ago, down to about 1.5 now, I couldn't resist a smallish punt on Bayern -1.75AH either, put that on today. Bayern Munich - 1.73 - 32red + corals - 12.5 Points LOST Bayern Munich -1.75AH - 2.83 - pinnacle - 4 Points LOST
Terrible night, I was worried when I saw Muller was starting in the XI, he has been poor for a couple of months now and they are far more threatening with Mandzukic in there. Not enough urgency in the final third which is bizarre when you watch them most weeks..think missing Thiago had a big impact but fair play to United they defended well and stuck to the gameplan.

Terrible night' date=' I was worried when I saw Muller was starting in the XI, he has been poor for a couple of months now and they are far more threatening with Mandzukic in there. Not enough urgency in the final third which is bizarre when you watch them most weeks..think missing Thiago had a big impact but fair play to United they defended well and stuck to the gameplan.[/quote'] I thought Bayern were brilliant in parts, but they were definitely lacking at both ends of the pitch. Ultimately, superb possession football on its' own wins you nothing. I'd say Man United probably deserved to win more than Bayern. Bayern's game also seemed to drop off a lot in the second half, whereas Man United grew in confidence as they started to believe they were well in this tie.