** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

irish lincoln sunday

defining year 94.79 trail blaze 94.55 afounsa de souse 93.88 indian icon 93.66 I thought this would be a very tough race to rate but turns out was the opposite ...........ratings suggest defining year and trail blaze are clear of the field .........doesn't nescessarily mean they will win but in a big race like this it definitely means youll get value ...if they run............cant see many droping out now at this late stage and d welds record in this race must give defining years chance a boost too and the 10/1 with paddy power just looks a great bet .trail blaze also has chances and should go on the softer ground so cant be ignored .afounsa de souse although running for o brien looks a bit exposed and isn't proven on the ground either ...too many negatives ..........indian icon is lightly raced and dangerous but might just lack the experience needed to win a race of this calibre ..........all in all two very nice bets defining year 2pts win 10/1 paddyp trail blaze 2pts win 11/1 paddyp

Re: irish lincoln sunday Cheval Rouge came 2nd is this race last year on similar ground and is running off a similar mark this time. He hasn't raced in 2014 which fits with the trends and his trainer has likely had an eye on this race for a long time so the price of 25/1 looks appealing to me. Haven't had a proper look at the race but this horse sticks out for me at the moment. Any other thoughts?

Re: irish lincoln sunday Just reviewed the card for tomorrow and I agree, 25/1 for Cheval Rouge looks an attractive proposition, looks to have been given a good chance by the handicapper as he is only 2lbs higher than when second in the race last year and only 1lb higher than when successful at Sligo three runs back. Generally he seems to tick most of the boxes in terms of trends and holes can be picked in most of those at the top end of the market.

Re: irish lincoln sunday Stuccodor should run a big race, but is too short for me, and Chapter Seven back from Dubai tomorrow finally with conditions in his favour is also bound for a big performance in my mind - but I feel my old friend Bold Thaddy Quill is way too big @ 25/1! He was desperately unlucky in this race last year when he didn't get a clear passage when it mattered and just got clear run really late, yet finished 3rd in the end. He's much higher in the mark tomorrow, but he improved over the course of last year and is up to this mark now. He won a Listed race at Cork, and he finished a strong runner-up to Declaration of War. he ran with loads of credit in a couple of Group 3's as well, while the second half of the season he was then probably over the boil. Key to him is the ground, the more rain the better for him. It's soft to heavy at the Curragh tomorrow, so exactly what he loves. I expect him to go really well tomorrow.

Re: irish lincoln sunday

defining year 94.79 trail blaze 94.55 afounsa de souse 93.88 indian icon 93.66 I thought this would be a very tough race to rate but turns out was the opposite ...........ratings suggest defining year and trail blaze are clear of the field .........doesn't nescessarily mean they will win but in a big race like this it definitely means youll get value ...if they run............cant see many droping out now at this late stage and d welds record in this race must give defining years chance a boost too and the 10/1 with paddy power just looks a great bet .trail blaze also has chances and should go on the softer ground so cant be ignored .afounsa de souse although running for o brien looks a bit exposed and isn't proven on the ground either ...too many negatives ..........indian icon is lightly raced and dangerous but might just lack the experience needed to win a race of this calibre ..........all in all two very nice bets defining year 2pts win 10/1 paddyp trail blaze 2pts win 11/1 paddyp
I'm wrestling with this Trail Blaze. Like yourself, he comes out well on my ratings and looks well handicapped. My worry is I'm not sure if he realls gets the mile in testing conditions. They obviously won't hang about here, and I fear it'll push his stamina too far. Ended up plumping for Lord Aeryn (dropped to a very lenient mark, will handle conditions) and a saver on Trail Blaze (really does look well handicapped with the 5 lb claimer on board, but conditions a big worry)

Re: irish lincoln sunday The 3 i like are LORD AERYN (main bet) e/w although the price is now gone well weighted and will be ready to go on first run back CHAPER SEVEN E/W another one that has been well backed didn't fire in Meydan better than that and has the blinkers on & TRAIL BLAZER E/W the other british raider who has drifted out to 16's is on a handy mark + combi F/C's & T/C's

Re: irish lincoln sunday We'll Go Walking was touted up as an Oaks filly after winning her maiden early last year Then the wheels seemed to come off Just might be the type that you need to catch first time out in the season Stays further than a mile so a fast pace will suit in a big field handicap EW at 12/1 bet365 and others