** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

March 10 - March 16

Re: March 10 - March 16 Back Lukas Rosol to beat Ryan Harrison for a 8/10 stake at 1.70 with BetVictor Rosol should be a bigger favorite in this one in my opinion. The fact that Harrison won against Gabashvili and Lacko might look good on paper, but, with Gabashvili injured and Lacko not playing well these days, I would say that those victories are actually nothing to write home about. Rosol is the classier player of the two and he seems to be in good form as well, so these odds look quite generous to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/rosol-vs-harrison-betting-lukas-rosol-has-what-it-takes-to-cruise-through-to-the-semis-in-the-united-states

Re: March 10 - March 16 Back J.Benneteau/N.Djokovic - Over 19.5 games for a 6/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Back Julien Benneteau (+1.5 sets) to beat Novak Djokovic for at 4/10 stake at 4.14 with Pinnacle Despite being the much better player of the two, I don't think that Djokovic should be such a massive favorite in this match. He hasn't been able to find his best for quite some time now, after all, while Julien Benneteau seems to be in great form at the moment, so I believe that there's some value in backing the Frenchman here in some form. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/benneteau-vs-djokovic-betting-julien-benneteau-not-to-be-written-off-completely-in-indian-wells

Re: March 10 - March 16 Back Flavia Pennetta (+1.5 sets) to beat Li Na for a 7/10 stake at 2.05 with Pinnacle Neither of the two is playing superb tennis at the moment, but I've liked Pennetta more than Li so far really. She's been tested on more than one occasion and all those wins should help her confidence, so I like her chances of winning a set against the Chinese number one today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pennetta-vs-li-betting-flavia-pennetta-can-do-some-damage-to-the-chinese-number-one

Re: March 10 - March 16 Back Simona Halep to beat Agnieszka Radwanska for a 9/10 stake at 1.71 with Pinnacle Final bet for today. Even though Radwanska leads the H2H record 3-2, Halep is on a two-match winning streak in this match-up and looks set to get her third straight victory in a row here. In this sort of form, she should be able to out-hit Radwanska, who didn't look all that great in her matches against Cornet and Jankovic. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/halep-vs-radwanska-betting-simona-halep-to-get-her-third-straight-victory-against-the-world-s-number-three

Re: March 10 - March 16 A.Radwanska to bt Simona Halep @2.17 local bookie (5/10) This match is a matter of honour for both players. Bookies favour Simona, because she defeated Aga couple of weeks ago in Doha's semifinal. In that match Aga was break up in the 1st set and leading 5-2, but something happened then, Simona changed tactics, managed to place couple of superb dropshot winners and Aga collapsed. After Doha, both players took a break by dropping their opening matches in Dubai and both prepared for Indian Wells. They knew they can meet in the semis here again. The reason why I trust Aga more is the look upon their path to the semis. Simona had it rather easy - the only dangerous opponent was Safarova. Lucie had Simona on the ropes in the decider, but mentally collapsed. Bouchard is promising, but still inexperienced talent, and Nara and Dellacqua lack top quality. On the other hand, Aga sent packing super-top-quality opponents as Cornet and, most important, JJ. I'd say that Aga is now more ready to pull out strong weapons and that she get's her revenge.

Re: March 10 - March 16 Hi Guys! What thoughts in pairs? Federer played in the morning with Anderson. Recovery time is not so much the more as far as I know, he has no more back problems. By Stan can not say anything, did not see him after the AO. Peja / Soares played a couple this season have 11/3 on hard. At the tournament, there were two good pairs Huey / Inglot and Butorac / Klaasen. Odds are falling down on Federer and Wawrinka from 1.8 to 1.6. Winning Peja / Soares 2.25 for this ratio playable. Who else can say that this game?

Re: March 10 - March 16 Simona Halep (ROMANIA) vs Agnieszka Radwanska (POLAND) Quarterfinals in Indian Wells. Match rapidly tearing in the top (top 5 or top 3). Suppose that in this game all the advantage will be on the side of the romanian tennis player. Primarily, this is due to a purely gaming factors as in terms of psychology Simona stable and balanced tennis and obviously it is not inferior to Agnieszka. Taking off last season, Simona in 2014 did not stop and continued: the quarterfinals in Australia, title in Doha. Note quite a sound approach to work in tournaments : after Australia did not fight in Paris losing in the first round , worked for the national team in the Fed Cup, title in Doha after that she retired in the first round in Dubai and now the quarterfinals of Indian Wells. There is a clear purposeful work on certain tournaments. A solid performance in serving : by the standards of those women's tennis 5-8 break points she provides average per match - it is very small. Then, the active attacking manner of working at the reception and in general in the variation she brings. What could oppose Agnieszka to her? Serve ? Hardly. 7 of 14 (50%) breaks won by Simone in a recent match in Doha proof of this. Plus, add 61% points Simona won at the reception. May Agnieszka break Simona's serve, foten ? Well, no. In the same Doha was just 4 of 7 break -points converted. A little earlier last season on the clay (Rome) was 4 of 8. That last two private meetings , in my opinion , very clearly give us an idea of what it is at the moment in the game Simon Halep favorite. 15.02.14 Radwanska A. - S. Halep 0:2 (5:7, 2:6) 14.05.13 Radwanska A. - S. Halep 1:2 (7:6, 1 6 , 2:6) Tip: Halep (ML) at 1.81 Pinnacle

Re: March 10 - March 16 Radwanska vs Penneta Taking this one early as odds might start to drop below evens, at least i think so because i would set the odds on this one much, much lower... Looking at Aga's matches prior to this finals i could say, she played as expected. Lots of running, great tactics and defensive skills, typical Aga. She frustrated Halep with her play and showed mental stability in key points and although Halep was really playing well, Aga's defensive play was very close to perfection, just like her reaction on points when facing problems. On the other side, Flavia is here thanks to Li Na who was simply horrible last night and thrown her match away making so many errors and double faults, and most of them on most important points. And her service... Well, it's just another cathegory. After so many double faults in first set shoe completely lost her confidence in service, it seemed she was reliefed every time ball went inside on second serve, no matter how weak that service was. Flavia wasn't anything special, she just allowed Li Na to collapse. Her service was really nothing special as well as her baseline play, also took bunch of wrong shots at the wrong time... All in all that match was a pain to watch. In one moment, commentator started to laugh and said one thing: I know one person who is more than happy to see this match. He tought of Aga, of course, and her defensive play which would be impossible to break for the italian since she has really no weapons to deal with Radwanska and also, she's mentally not tough enough to get too many points in long rallies. This will be most likely a game of cat and mouse, and Radwanska's win in straight sets is what i expect here. Pick: Radwansa 2-0 @2.38, William Hill

Re: March 10 - March 16

Radwanska vs Penneta ...[snip]... Pick: Radwansa 2-0 @2.38, William Hill
Man, this is a trap IMO. Don't forget that Flavia defeated Aga just couple of days ago in Dubai (6-4 6-1), and though I regard this Aga's loss as kinda tank before IW, Flavia now knows she CAN do it. If you watched Aga vs Simona, you must have noticed that Simona looked tired at moments, and while there were flashes of brilliance in her game, she very often created an unforced error. That's the reason Aga won in straights. I'd say that all results are possible here, except perhaps Flavia steamrolling Aga in two easy sets. IMO Flavia can easily steal one set and even win. Be careful. Personally, I shall stay away prematch and perhaps try some break-bet inplay.

Re: March 10 - March 16 Isner +1.5 sets > Djokovic @2.39 local bookie (3/10) I would say that the "big name" factor influences the odds big time. Djoker is rightly the fav here, but from last 4 mutual matches, Isner took at least a set in three, and two of those 4 matches he even managed to win. And taking into account that Djoker dropped a set here not only to Cilic, but even to Gonzalez ranked 91, I just must play the juicy odds.

Man, this is a trap IMO. Don't forget that Flavia defeated Aga just couple of days ago in Dubai (6-4 6-1), and though I regard this Aga's loss as kinda tank before IW, Flavia now knows she CAN do it. If you watched Aga vs Simona, you must have noticed that Simona looked tired at moments, and while there were flashes of brilliance in her game, she very often created an unforced error. That's the reason Aga won in straights. I'd say that all results are possible here, except perhaps Flavia steamrolling Aga in two easy sets. IMO Flavia can easily steal one set and even win. Be careful. Personally, I shall stay away prematch and perhaps try some break-bet inplay.
Only reason Flavia is here is poor Li Na's performance yesterday, chinese was really poor and as i wrote, she was the one throwing that match away. Penneta was there only to help her. I wasn't impressed at all by Penneta and she also made tons of UE's, had many bad moments during the match and didn't showed anything to convince me that she'll make too many problems for Aga. Of course, it is possible that she nicks a set off Radwanska, in WTA everything can happen, but looking at these odds i think Aga's win in straight sets has more that 50% chances. That is of course my estimation. I could be wrong. We'll see...

Re: March 10 - March 16 I will be on Na Li myself as well. I just not sure if it will be in an acca or handicap. I don't pay much attention to the dubai result...the scoreline 6-4, 6-1 and aga only winning 7/27 2nd service pts tells it all as far as her motivation that match. Aga really wants to win this title (as im sure Flavia does) but she will not gift anything to Flavia as Li did in their semifinal. The fact that Flavia even needed a tiebreak vs Li was amazing in itself. If Na Li played at 60-70% of her capability she would've advanced to final, but still need to give Penetta credit for her form at moment. her 2014 has been very solid, I just think Aga will be too tough tomorrow and will not give any gifts. I believe this match will be easier for Aga then her QF vs. Jankovic. Jelena tried to engage in rallies,and was somehwat successful, before finding winners. Flavia will attempt the same but her shot selection isn't always top notch and i also expect aga to return every ball in IW's conditions. since the match is early it will be hotter out (desert heat) and i think that will help Aga more then Flavia. anyhow, good luck to anyone involved. and i feel bad for anyone who was on Na Li the other night, it was very concerning a professional player, actually a TOP player, perform like that withmuch in the balance. But judging from her press conference, Li wasn't that concerned with missing IW title. but she literally did play like a teenager who learned how to play tennis the day before.

Re: March 10 - March 16 Roger Federer to bt Novak Djokovic @2.53 local bookie (5/10) Probably most awaited match of the week, and the result is going to be Roger the champion. Roger appears to be playing in better comfort than Nole does. Perhaps this has something to do with Mirka being pregnant again (we all know that last time Mirka was pregnant Roger has won both French Open and Wimbledon :-) On the other hand, Nole has rather weak moments in every match here (except perhaps against weak players). He dropped set to Gonzalez, Cilic and Isner, but in what way! He was rebroken twice by Isner yesterday when serving for the match at 5-4 and later at 6-5 in the second set. That was rather poor performance, and Roger is going to punish it. He was able to defeat top-class Nole couple of weeks ago in Dubai, he is going to beat sub-par Nole today. GL.

I will be on Na Li myself as well. I just not sure if it will be in an acca or handicap. I don't pay much attention to the dubai result...the scoreline 6-4, 6-1 and aga only winning 7/27 2nd service pts tells it all as far as her motivation that match. Aga really wants to win this title (as im sure Flavia does) but she will not gift anything to Flavia as Li did in their semifinal. The fact that Flavia even needed a tiebreak vs Li was amazing in itself. If Na Li played at 60-70% of her capability she would've advanced to final, but still need to give Penetta credit for her form at moment. her 2014 has been very solid, I just think Aga will be too tough tomorrow and will not give any gifts. I believe this match will be easier for Aga then her QF vs. Jankovic. Jelena tried to engage in rallies,and was somehwat successful, before finding winners. Flavia will attempt the same but her shot selection isn't always top notch and i also expect aga to return every ball in IW's conditions. since the match is early it will be hotter out (desert heat) and i think that will help Aga more then Flavia. anyhow, good luck to anyone involved. and i feel bad for anyone who was on Na Li the other night, it was very concerning a professional player, actually a TOP player, perform like that withmuch in the balance. But judging from her press conference, Li wasn't that concerned with missing IW title. but she literally did play like a teenager who learned how to play tennis the day before.
I really understand your rant, I do. But it is sport and it is WTA. The commentator in the Li Na match said something like Na Li didn't have to play any of top 10 players en route to her title and the sudden step up of quality opposition at IW caught her unprepared. The Pennetta match was very very erratic but let us not forget that Li gave absolutely no rhythm to Pennetta. She plays two poor points and then two good ones and so on. Halep did look tired and had a slow start, which helped Aga and then when the Romaian slowly found the rhythm Aga was frustrated now and then. I think Pennetta has a real good chance here. Betting wise I ll stay out of this one. If I had to pick I ll go with the Italian.

Re: March 10 - March 16 Roger at 2.62 looks very tempting. The racquet is getting him a lot more points and it works well with the slowish high-bounce hardcourt surface at IW. He is serving very well and will go all out against the Serb and put a lot of pressure. Federer has really improved his reflexes at the net and he looks sharper. The Dubai win can make a lot of difference here at the desert as the Suisse will draw a lot of confidence from the win there. Also Roger looks to adapted better to the surface here and has dispatched 3 very solid opponents with no fuss whatsoever. He seems to be making some adjustments during the play and that gets him a burst of points where he just runs away with a few games in very quick time. Djokovic, while he looks good, he will have his doubts. Losing the Australian Open, losing to Federer at Dubai and dropping sets to Cilic etc would do him no favors in terms of confidence. He will likely have a few doubts. He just can't afford a slow start. This is Federer's match to lose and I have a feeling Djokovic is not quite there mentally. Well, this is a season where the grinders are struggling (rightly so!) while the explosive, aggressive players are flourishing (Dolgopolov, Stan anyone?) ! Federer wins in 2. This is largely because Djokovic had a massive choke in set 2 against Isner. Federer ML && Federer +2.5 and Federer 2-0 are all bets for shrewd punters.

Re: March 10 - March 16 Novak Djokovic - Federer Roger Each of these guys will be his trump card on this final. Roger very cool filed this week in his game has confidence looseness by shocks. Djokovic will also be keen to take revenge in the first place will make every effort to action in defense. Head to head : 28.02.14 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 1:2 (6:3, 3:6, 2:6) 06.11.13 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 2:1 (6:4, 6:7, 6:2) 02.11.13 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 2:1 (4:6, 6:3, 6:2) 13.11.12 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 2:0 (7:6, 7:5) 19.08.12 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 0:2 (0:6, 6:7) 06.07.12 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 1:3 (3:6, 6:3, 4:6, 3:6) 08.06.12 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 3:0 (6:4, 7:5, 6:3) 19.05.12 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 2:0 (6:2, 7:6) 30.12.11 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 0:2 ( 2:6, 1:6) 10.09.11 Novak Djokovic - Federer R. 3:2 (6:7, 4:6, 6:3, 6:2, 7:5) In extreme matches tendency to over games manifests itself confidently , so offer to play a neutral tip - total more than 23 games. Who will be the winner ? In my opinion - is Djokovic , but the victory will be given him a hard time. Over 23 at 1.98 Sportingbet

inplay - pennetta 1 set up. pennetta 4/6 to win match. Looked like value and proved to be so.