** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League - Week 5

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 6 March 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wright, P v Thornton, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Van Barneveld, R v Chisnall, D (19:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.50 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Van Gerwen, M (20:20 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Anderson, G (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.48 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Whitlock, S (21:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.08 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League - Week 5 Week 5 previews: 4pts P.Wright to beat R.Thornton 5/6 Skybet Wright has won the last three meetings between these two and based on what we’ve seen in this tournament so far everything suggests he is most likely to win this match too. Wright is showing no weakness. He is scoring big and finishing very well indeed and his confidence will be sky high having beaten Taylor and Lewis in the last two weeks. Thornton has just been slightly off his game so I’m with Wright here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wright-vs-thornton-betting-peter-wright-can-stay-top-with-a-win-in-exeter 4pts R.Barneveld to beat D.Chisnall 5/6 Paddy Power Chisnall will compete in this match but I think he’ll need to find another 10% to get the win in this one. It is true that van Gerwen missed doubles against the big Dutchman but Barneveld was putting the world champion under a lot of pressure to get them. Chisnall will be under the same pressure in this match and we know from the past that isn’t when he’s at his best on the outer ring so I expect Barney to prevail here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barneveld-vs-chisnall-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-see-off-chisnall-in-exeter 4pts A.Lewis to beat M.van Gerwen (DNB) 13/8 Stan James If both play to their best this should be something of a classic but whether van Gerwen will be at his best after a trip to Dubai earlier in the week remains to be seen. You would think he may be a touch sluggish at least in the early stages and if Lewis has refound his mojo then I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he takes advantage and gets revenge for his World Championship defeat. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-van-gerwen-betting-adrian-lewis-can-get-revenge-for-ally-pally-defeat 3pts G.Anderson to beat P.Taylor 10/3 Coral This match is almost down to whether Anderson truly believes he can beat Taylor on the big stage having suffered a couple of wipeouts against him at the end of 2013. If he does he is playing well enough to win it for sure. He’ll outscore Taylor on what we’ve seen this season so far and he’ll probably outfinish him too so at 10/3 I’ll pay to see if Anderson believes he can repeat the Premier League win he achieved against Taylor last season. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/taylor-vs-anderson-betting-anderson-can-pile-more-misery-on-taylor 4pts W.Newton to beat S.Whitlock 7/5 Boylesports I’ve seen nothing in this Premier League to show me why Wes Newton should be the outsider in this match but I’m not going to complain. Newton has played the better darts all tournament and he’s prevailed in four of their last five meetings so he has plenty going for him here. Whitlock looks a pale shadow of the man who made the semi finals of the World Championship so I’ve got to go with Newton here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-whitlock-betting-wes-newton-can-keep-unbeaten-run-going

Re: Premier League - Week 5 Wes Newton to beat Simon Whitlock 13/8 Sportingbet It’s always worth opposing a player who’s struggling for form and Whitlock undoubtedly falls into that category. Whitlock has not only lost every game so far but he’s also failed to really be competitive in any. There’s obviously no doubting Whitlock’s talent but there has to be a question mark over his temperament. Ever since his 17-15 loss at 2011 World Matchplay when he surrendered 15-8 lead to Andy Hamilton; Whitlock went into my notebook as someone who could crack under pressure and could go on a long losing if his confidence is shot. I believe he is in the midst of such a run at the moment. Even if I’m completely wrong and Whitlock is back to his best he will still have his hands full with Newton. Newton was expected to prop up the table by the bookies but he is more than holding his own sitting in a credible 4th place. The odds of 13/8 are ridiculous and look the bet of the week.

Re: Premier League - Week 5

Newton off sick and thornton now pulling double duty and will play whitlock as well as wright Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Good shout mate.. Might have a go on Whitlock depending on how Thornton gets on against Wright..Wright is on fire at the moment so I expect Thornton to get beat, if he gets hammered then could see him getting beat by Whitlock aswell!

Re: Premier League - Week 5 Peter Wright v Robert Thornton - P Wright to win - 5/6 Coral Wright has been terrific so far and sits at the top of the table. Here he faces a fellow Scotsman who is not playing badly himself. Some expected Wright's run to perhaps falter last week against Lewis but he won at ease and his confidence is superb. His mental toughness could give him the edge over Thornton here, and with the news that The Thorn has to play twice, it may encourage some pressure. A straight Wright win seems fair enough odds at 5/6. Van Barneveld v Dave Chisnall - Over 6.5 180s - 5/6 William Hill Dave Chisnall recorded an average of 103.19 in defeat last week and has generally been a class act so far. He has the ability to unsettle the unpredictable mindset of the Dutchman Barneveld. Barney *should* be in a good place at present after a win over Van Gerwen in Glasgow last week though. It is a clash of two very capable scorers and provided Barney shows up, it really should produce plenty of 180's. Adrian Lewis v Michael Van Gerwen - MVG win - 5/6 Sporting Bet Lewis did not enjoy the reception he got at Glasgow last week, nor the antics of Wright, and will be out to prove a point here against MVG. Adrian won his first two games although they were against bottom of the table Whitlock and then struggling Taylor, he's lost two since and may be more accustomed to longer formats at present. Michael did lose last week but it wasn't a bad performance and he won't have lost any sleep over it. I think they're may be a response from Lewis but it might not be enough. Phil Taylor v Gary Anderson - P Taylor -2.5 - 10/11 Bet365 After a surprising three defeats in a row, Phil Taylor came up against the fellow league struggler Whitlock and won with a 104.82 average. I believe Taylor should kick on from that result and I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a good run. Anderson will be no easy task though and the Scotsman performed well last week as well, disposing of Chisnall in a good game. I feel any doubt Taylor had (if there was any) should be erased and he should kick on against Anderson. Robert Thornton v Simon Whitlock - S Whitlock - 13/8 SkyBet Simon Whitlock's form has been poor across all competitions as of late and he knows that if he harbors any hopes of a respectable league position, he must start to get points on the board. This may present an opportunity seeing as Thornton plays Wright earlier in the night. I think the Scotsmn will lose so going on that, he would also be under pressure here. We could see the wizard get two on the board here.

Re: Premier League - Week 5 I seem to remember gong back a few years when wayne mardle was ill and they had players pulling double duty that when they played their second game of the night often the players seemed to come out flat and were often beat, so maybe some value in whitlock later. i guess i am looking for someone to agree that my memory of what happened that year is correct before i pull the trigger...anyone?