** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France Ligue 2 (4-10 March 2014)

Re: France Ligue 2 (4-10 March 2014) Metz – Lens Team news is far more favourable for Metz. They pretty much have a full squad to choose from here, any injuries aren’t particularly important. Lens aren’t in the same boat though and miss a number of key players. For a start, GK Alphonse Areola is injured, along with vital CB Ahmed Kantari. Then on the wings both Pablo Chavarria and Alharbi El Jadeyaoui miss out too.Nevertheless, Lens do have a big squad and have players capable of doing a fairly decent covering job. I think they’ll miss Areola massively though, he’s by the far the best keeper in Ligue 2 and has saved them many points this season. Metz have the best home record out of anyone in ligue 2 with a superb 10-3-0 record. Nobody has beaten them yet at Le Stade Saint Symphorien and I don’t think Lens will be able to achieve it today either. I would personally be surprised if the visitors pick up 3 points but it’s within their reach to sneak a draw. Lens have looked fairly sluggish of late, especially in defence where they’ve left so many holes. They are also playing away from home in a 14:00 kick off which isn’t a good sign. The last time this happened was against Troyes a few weeks ago and they were terribly sluggish, losing 1-0 and appearing to be sleepwalking throughout the whole contest. In terms of an outcome, I wont be betting here. Metz are too short for my liking and there is an unwritten rule this season never to bet against Lens. They have an incredible mentality and never know when they are beaten. They might play shit today but somehow find a way to get a result. I do favour Metz though and have a feeling they get 3 points. I like backing over 2.25 goals. Both teams like to attack naturally, the weather forecast is good and overall this should be a really open game of football. I’m predicting a 2-1 home win but don’t rule out the 2-2 draw, Lens have had a few of them this season! Prediction: Metz 2-1 Lens Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 1.93 5/10

Re: France Ligue 2 (4-10 March 2014) I backed the BTS option in this game. Likely both teams will be on the scoresheet this afternoon. Metz at home is very strong while you never can under estimate Lens. I really like to back the home team in these saturday afternoon fixtures. It often pays off but Lens is too unpredictable. They rarely loose a game so 1-1 would not surprise me in the end. H2H also shows that Lens has a fairly good away record at Metz. 1x2 is too hard pre-game, maybe live betting is wise here if one of the teams start really well. Goodluck anyways.

Re: France Ligue 2 (4-10 March 2014) Just couldn't get a goal in the first half which was needed here. Inevitably just like most French games they tighten up too much if a goal isn't scored early. There were enough chances for Lens to make it 2-0 in the last 15 mins which frustrated me, I should've had at worst a half loss out of this. Another mystifying Over loser for me, been sick of them this season.

Re: France Ligue 2 (4-10 March 2014) FC Tours host Angers tonight. Interesting clash between a very good home side, who only lost once on their own ground against the best away side in ligue 2. Both teams without some regulars for this game. Tours will miss 2 regular defenders Bouhours and Diawara and regular midfielder Cetout but they welcome back key striker Kouakou. Probable 11 will be : Leroy, Fontaine, Milosevic, Schwechlen, Guihoata, Berenguer, Chavalerin, Bergougnoux/Ketkeophomphone, Adnane, Delort and Kouakou. Offensively really strong and Tours often opens up the score at home but defensively they are vunerable tonight also because they love to go forward so I do think they will concede a goal on the break. FC Angers will miss a regular defender Bouka Moutou and 3 regular midfielders : Gamboa, Diers and Manceau. They still have 3 midfielders fit who played a lot of games too so they can replace the missings but they surely will be affected in some way tonight. Upfront all their key strikers are fit and Angers have a lot of scoring potential too. Probable starting 11 will be : Malicki, Henin, Thomas, Angoula, Konate, Keita, Frikeche, Boufal, Ayari, Yattara, Socrier. I think they will sit back and wait for Tours to loose the ball. Angers is on a unbeaten run for 11 games now in all competitions. Pre-game it's too hard to pick a winner if you would ask me. So I prefer the BTS option for this game and I think it's a very likely winner. Tours scored and/or conceded in all of their last 5 home games while Angers is always good for a goal too. Classy sides face eachother and it will be a joy to watch! I will have 2 bets for this game. BTS with medium stakes. Odds around 1.80! Pretty solid for this game and I think it holds some value due the current form of both teams. Small stakes on over 2.5 goals. Odds around 2.10! I normally never bet on over/unders but I think this game could comfortable go over. Tours at home always involved with high scoring games except for last week against Dijon. But normally they play high speed games with a lot of chances on both sides. Anger is definitely capable of scoring here and due some missings on both sides I think they will be weakened defensively. Last year this fixture ended 1-2! Goodluck all.