** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread

Jezza

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Well done lads! Me? I thought I was so clever for finishing 18th and 13th respectively on a Bodog $250 freeroll (1000 runners) on Friday night/Saturday morning for a prize of $3 and a William Hill £500 freeroll (1000 runners) this Sunday afternoon for a prize of £5 (good for the experience if anything). Over 8000? Not even this year's WSOP $10,000 NL Hold'Em event will get so many! :o Mad skillz being displayed here on Punter's Lounge (and definitely not from me!). :cow :clap

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Well, after numerous 2nd and 3rds, I finally got my first MTT win under my belt. And luckily it wasn't one of the £2 ones I normally lose on, but a £10 on, winning myself £210. Was down in 21st out of 23rd at the first break (70 entrants), but managed to turn things round. Just trying to get a screenshot up.

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread A couple of questions, I was going to ask them on my previous post but i was panicking too much trying to get the imageshack to work. Firstly, on the results part of the previous post, how do I edit my name to include where in the world I'm from, as most players do this. Secondly to Jezza if you could be so kind, you stated in a previous thread about reading books and that you had about 15, would you consider any of these to be a 'bible of poker reading' ? If not, which one would you recommend to me as I am still learning the game. I have taken into account your advice to not play so many hands but the ones I do I try and play aggressively. If I flop the top pair for example I will always put a big raise in , unless there are 2 of 3 suited on the flop , which opens up the risk of a flush on the turn or river. I'm also very green when playing small stake STT's as regards to people going 'all in' preflop. Many many times when they are called I see my folded hand would have taken the pot. What would you say is a fair call for all in preflop in these small stake table situations?? At the moment I won't call them unless I'm holding a pair of 9's or above or 2 face cards connected, I even fold my aces flushing with rags, a bit of advice please.

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Thanks for the invite Billy, but firstly I'm working nightshift tonight, and secondly, you will only end up putting me on the fish thread after the tourney finishes lol. If the likes of the 3 or 4 who play the game for an income are playin I don't think I have the experience to make it longer than the first 20 minutes, they'll probably read me like a book, even tellin me when I'm jumping up and down with my full house, hehe.

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread

Thanks for the invite Billy, but firstly I'm working nightshift tonight, and secondly, you will only end up putting me on the fish thread after the tourney finishes lol. If the likes of the 3 or 4 who play the game for an income are playin I don't think I have the experience to make it longer than the first 20 minutes, they'll probably read me like a book, even tellin me when I'm jumping up and down with my full house, hehe.
I wouldn't worry, I out-rivered them all to finish 3rd in my only attempt so far. They're not as good as you (and they) might think.;)

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Bob, its just $10 to enter, we usually get about 20 players as Dave said, its a great way to learn and get more experience and the banter is usually good. As Dave also said, we cant be all that good coz he finished 3rd! Seriously though we have a complete range of players, beginners to 'Pro's', lads and lasses and all in all its good value for just over a fiver. Have a look at the thread at the top of the Forum for the league standings and the fixture list. Just download the Paradise software and you could just come along and watch what goes on. Best of luck anyway, also there are a few threads on 'books' if you scan the forum. I think Jezz recomended 3 in particular.

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Not so much bragging as crying. Just came second in a freeroll on Stan James.Under name DrBruski The prize being all expenses paid, entry and accomodation to the World Heads up tournament in Barcelona. Played lovely poker, then when got to heads up my brain went to mush. So im going to let it out now.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Re: PL Internet Poker Bragging Thread Sadly not. Was top prize for first place only. Had chip lead , with three left. On about 30k, just about to put out 3rd place when he drew a flush on the river. other guy then put him out and was about even with him.Then it all went tits up. Only be playing a couple of weeks, so i've ordered a strategy book. damn damn damn. And to think, I could have worn a punters lounge t-shirt as they are making 10 1hr shows about the Worlds Heads Up.