** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26 Great calls guys. Luton easy win, njce profit had them also HT/FT and -1.5! I was lucky at the dartford game backed them to win at HT or FT. 45th minute saved me. :-) unlucky in the end for you guys damn what a shot! Cheers anyways

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26 Decent enough night - I shed 12 points in the Braintree mini and another 12 on the Cambridge 2nd (should have listened to addpea!), and another ten on Woking's second, but such are the rollercoaster joys of the spreads that Chester's second came on 30 minutes, for a 48 point profit and a reasonable profit overall. Both tonight's fixed-odds plays on Stourbridge - the monstrously mispriced away win and HT/FT - came off, with their 4-0 win at Banbury. It was a slightly improved performance from Banbury - they managed a shot on target. Great calls tonight by Boggen on Macclesfield, alienated on Luton, and some big numbers landed by addpea tonight - Braintree, Southport, Chester and Luton -1.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26 We don't see kev on this bit of the site much anymore but Luton fully deserve to win the title this season. Just wished I had timed me backing them better as always planned to back them once it got underway but did it too late. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26

We don't see kev on this bit of the site much anymore but Luton fully deserve to win the title this season. Just wished I had timed me backing them better as always planned to back them once it got underway but did it too late. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
I still tune in mate, there's just nothing more to add than what has already been mentioned. You guys are all doing fantastic jobs and I think everyone has worked out that we're a pretty potent beast at the minute. Hopefully bookmakers continue to offer juicy -1 prices etc!

I still tune in mate' date=' there's just nothing more to add than what has already been mentioned. You guys are all doing fantastic jobs and I think everyone has worked out that we're a pretty potent beast at the minute. Hopefully bookmakers continue to offer juicy -1 prices etc![/quote'] The mistake tonight was not going for some of the bigger handicaps. You are miles clear of anyone else in the league at the moment. Just a shame that the only time you have been on TV of late was that farce on New Years Day as it would be great to watch you at the moment.

The mistake tonight was not going for some of the bigger handicaps. You are miles clear of anyone else in the league at the moment. Just a shame that the only time you have been on TV of late was that farce on New Years Day as it would be great to watch you at the moment.
You're right, we are way ahead of anyone at the minute and I've seen nothing to suggest that we're going to stop soon. Even when the title is secured (I think most people would agree that's only a matter of time) there are a couple of records like club record unbeaten runs, points totals and goals totals we've got our eye on so I'm sure we'll keep going. The scary thing if you like in terms of the rest of the league is I didn't think we played all that well tonight, certainly in the first half even though we were 4-0 up at HT but we took a more than competent side to the cleaners albeit they had chances but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Still (what an incredible job he's done by the way - he took over one year ago today) mentioned after the game winners have standards and he reminded the players we slipped below those standards in the first half. If that's how he is with his team I think we can expect more of the same in terms of steamrolling sides on Saturday and beyond. I'd wager if you backed -1 and -2 handicaps between now and the end of the season you'll be comfortably ahead if you keep the same stakes. It is probably worth a few mug bets on some crazy correct scores say 5-0 to 7 or 8-0 in home games because we're full of confidence at home and now we've got the Oak Road open to Town fans for the rest of the season the support and atmosphere will only increase so I'd expect those to land a couple more times between now and the end of the season at fancy prices.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26 Grays Athletic are listed in some places as playing Lewes tonight but the game has been bumped to tomorrow - the reason for this is that Grays were being thumped 6-0 at Maidstone in the Robert Dyas last night. Admittedly, they rested some bodies for that one but their form is pretty woeful - seven straight Ryman defeats. Lewes aren't the most promising betting material - one win in nine - but they broke a sequence of five successive draws with a 5-1 win at Cray on Sunday. It'll be a bit of a scrap but BetVics/Marathon 6/5 Lewes is worth a play.

Conference plays (all small to win 0.5 unit stakes): Southport/Grimsby Over 1 goal 1st half @ Evens; Dartford/Aldershot Over 1 goal 1st half @ -126; Tamworth/Chester Over 1 goal 1st half @ Evens; Luton -1 A.H. @ -108 at home to Wrexham... (to win 1 unit)
3 winners, 1 push last night :nana

It is an interesting viewpoint' date=' but Cambridge have not exactly come out all guns blazing away from home this season and they have often struggled to have any shots on goal themselves.[/quote'] I think you are right. To be so tepid against the Braintree I saw on Saturday suggests they might even struggle to retain their play-off spot at this rate. With the exception of Luton, I feel the Conference is the lowest standard I have witnessed for several years. Whoever eventually accompanies Luton into League 2 will doubtless have to recruit massively to survive.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Feb 24-26 Just had a look at some prices for tomorrow and seems that Lewes are still odds-against with some firms against Grays Athletic tomorrow. Hills are 11/10 while eeryone else has already gone odds-on, any value in this perhaps? Just looking back at earlier threads and it seems to be a trend to oppose Grays this season.

Just had a look at some prices for tomorrow and seems that Lewes are still odds-against with some firms against Grays Athletic tomorrow. Hills are 11/10 while eeryone else has already gone odds-on' date=' any value in this perhaps? Just looking back at earlier threads and it seems to be a trend to oppose Grays this season.[/quote'] Firstly, there's a danger the game won't go ahead. I wouldn't go too much lower than the 11/10 as Lewes just aren't used to winning games - with all those draws it's one win in six, although it also means they're unbeaten in six. Grays have been held back recently by a lack of bodies (injuries, suspensions, departures), and there's been a general lack of clarity about a strategy for the season: at a guess they'll muddle through with enough points to stay up. They've signed Leroy Griffiths, which should add some guile up front (if he's deployed in that area). He was excellent last season at Sutton, less thrilling for Harrow in August and September in the Ryman Prem, and had some decent showings down at Leatherhead over the winter. What they really need are some defensive changes - the were very organised early season but clean sheets are hard to come by at the moment.