** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Arsenal (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th I can't get involved with this one, regardless of how well Bayern are doing in the league and regardless of how many people say 'they will have learnt their lessons from last year!' there is no way anyone should be 1.3 against Arsenal. I love Bayern and it's no exaggeration to say they are currently paying my mortgage but I just can't endorse them at this price. I went heavy on them last season in this game - which I don't think has any real relevance to this encounter due to the changes Bayern have undertaken - but that again was at a similar price and to be honest it just wasn't justified, I'm not planning on making the same mistake again. 1.7 for a -1.5AH in a game that is virtually won is just not worth taking, I'll pick my battles and leave this one alone. If you are taking Bayern there are certainly plenty of reasons to, Ribery and Muller both returned at the weekend and they don't really have any injuries to worry about, everyone is in good form but the trouble Arsenal caused them on the break in the first half showed you can get at this defence if you have the right set-up. Man City won there, Arsenal won there, I'm not saying Bayern won't win but the price makes it impossible to back them.

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th

I can't get involved with this one, regardless of how well Bayern are doing in the league and regardless of how many people say 'they will have learnt their lessons from last year!' there is no way anyone should be 1.3 against Arsenal. I love Bayern and it's no exaggeration to say they are currently paying my mortgage but I just can't endorse them at this price. I went heavy on them last season in this game - which I don't think has any real relevance to this encounter due to the changes Bayern have undertaken - but that again was at a similar price and to be honest it just wasn't justified, I'm not planning on making the same mistake again. 1.7 for a -1.5AH in a game that is virtually won is just not worth taking, I'll pick my battles and leave this one alone. If you are taking Bayern there are certainly plenty of reasons to, Ribery and Muller both returned at the weekend and they don't really have any injuries to worry about, everyone is in good form but the trouble Arsenal caused them on the break in the first half showed you can get at this defence if you have the right set-up. Man City won there, Arsenal won there, I'm not saying Bayern won't win but the price makes it impossible to back them.
Bayern's shots on target stats in their CL games this season are so much better than Arsenal's they suggest a gap in class that was shown in the first game. Looking at the odds for this game, they are more than justified by the shots stats. I didn't see last season's 2-0 win for Arsenal at the same stage. Arsenal won that game, but the report suggests that Bayern dominated that game ... http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000348/match=2009598/postmatch/report/index.html#bayern+arsenal+scare I was looking at overs, but the odds are pretty low (around 1.55 for over 2.5). No bet for me at the moment.

Bayern's shots on target stats in their CL games this season are so much better than Arsenal's they suggest a gap in class that was shown in the first game. Looking at the odds for this game, they are more than justified by the shots stats. I didn't see last season's 2-0 win for Arsenal at the same stage. Arsenal won that game, but the report suggests that Bayern dominated that game ... http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000348/match=2009598/postmatch/report/index.html#bayern+arsenal+scare I was looking at overs, but the odds are pretty low (around 1.55 for over 2.5). No bet for me at the moment.
Do the 'shots on target' stats have much relevance? Does that stat relate to likely team performance in a future game? (I have no idea) Surely it all depends on the context of the games in question, need to know how you are using this stat before we can draw anything from it, I would expect Bayern to have far more shots on target against their opponents in what was a weak group than Arsenal who had the traditional group of death with Napoli and Dortmund. Question is would you back Bayern at such a price in this game? Arsenal have no pressure on them at all - nobody expects them to go over there and get a result - but nobody did last season either, they certainly were in worse form then. I dunno, I don't want to sound like I think Arsenal will win, because I don't, but I don't think the price is good enough to take. I would rather take Bayern -2AH against Leverkusen this weekend at 1.8 than I would take them -1.5AH against Arsenal at 1.75 as the difference between the Arsenal and Leverkusen is currently much larger than the odds suggest.

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th I also think that the odds are too short to take. There will be much easier bets to take on Bayern through out the season. They almost always hit the -1.5 in the league or better and like Hastgill said, Arsenal are not that bad. If they somehow can score first here we could see a awesome match tomorrow night. I personally hope so otherwise it will be boring to watch 2 of such great teams playing eachother. :D Anyways, Bayern is ripping every team apart nowadays and after the game I also said they will rape Arsenal again, I still think they are well capable of beating arsenal here even with the handicap. Also because I just can't see Bayern make the same mistake again. They are too dedicated for that and they have a new coach now who loves to perform on a high level and he also stated today in an interview that they really want to win for Uli because of his trial soon. I just hope this will be an entertaining game and that we will see some goals! Likely results for me are 2-1, 3-1! BTS maybe the best option if you like a bet, yeah. Anyways, goodluck and enjoy the game! I will save my money for the next rounds.

Do the 'shots on target' stats have much relevance? Does that stat relate to likely team performance in a future game? (I have no idea) Surely it all depends on the context of the games in question, need to know how you are using this stat before we can draw anything from it, I would expect Bayern to have far more shots on target against their opponents in what was a weak group than Arsenal who had the traditional group of death with Napoli and Dortmund. Question is would you back Bayern at such a price in this game? Arsenal have no pressure on them at all - nobody expects them to go over there and get a result - but nobody did last season either, they certainly were in worse form then. I dunno, I don't want to sound like I think Arsenal will win, because I don't, but I don't think the price is good enough to take. I would rather take Bayern -2AH against Leverkusen this weekend at 1.8 than I would take them -1.5AH against Arsenal at 1.75 as the difference between the Arsenal and Leverkusen is currently much larger than the odds suggest.
It's a 'No bet' for me too, so I agree with you :). You're right that Bayern's group (CSKA and Plzen) was weaker than Arsenal's (Dortmund and Napoli) and that should be taken into account. But the shots stats are so much better for Bayern that I think it does show a clear gap in class. The problem about tomorrow's game is that we're dealing with the second leg of a tie where Bayern won the first leg easily. As you say, there's not much expectation of Arsenal (even though they won in Germany last year). Bayern could win by a few goals in a high-scoring game. Or Arsenal could win just like last season. But I can't see any real value at the moment.

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th 4pts Both teams to score 19/20 William Hill Arsene Wenger has already admitted his side have to go for it in this match and that will signal danger at both ends of the pitch. Bayern looked like they could score every time they went forward in the first leg but Arsenal were dominant for the opening half hour themselves and all their performance in that time lacked was a goal. I think they’ll get their goal in this match but ultimately I see them conceding again too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-arsenal-betting-both-sides-can-score-in-huge-second-leg

It's a 'No bet' for me too' date=' so I agree with you :). You're right that Bayern's group (CSKA and Plzen) was weaker than Arsenal's (Dortmund and Napoli) and that should be taken into account. But the shots stats are so much better for Bayern that I think it does show a clear gap in class. The problem about tomorrow's game is that we're dealing with the second leg of a tie where Bayern won the first leg easily. As you say, there's not much expectation of Arsenal (even though they won in Germany last year). Bayern could win by a few goals in a high-scoring game. Or Arsenal could win just like last season. But I can't see any real value at the moment.[/quote'] Lot of debate on this thread and the recommendation is.....don't bet on it! Sure people will be glad they read through all this..:lol

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th personally, i have picked Arsenal to win @9.6 , there is no other time i will be able to get this odds for Arsenal Win. After all, Bayern is a team made of human beings just like Arsenal are, and remember if Ozil scored that penalty early on at Emirates couple weeks ago, we would all be talking different. I wish Wolcott would be playing, because his pace is killing any fullback in the world, but Oxlade is not bad either. Sooner or later, Bayern is going to lose, and given the odds and the potential of Arsenal, my bet is very well justified... cheers

arsenal have no chance against bayern munich. they will not be complacent like last year. arsenal couldn't score a goal at emirates so how can they score in bayern. home win
Not sure how you can base your reasoning on Arsenal not scoring a goal at Emirates. Once they were down to ten men their game became about not conceding. This second leg is completely different matter for Arsenal - 11v11 and they must go for goals, and with the pressure off I think they will get at least one. Recent years in the same position (Milan, Bayern last year) they have come out firing. Still think they will come up short but I'd be surprised if Arsenal don't bag tonight.

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th This is still the Arsenal that got beat 1 - 0 by stoke there last away game..i know this is a different kinda match where they have to attack but surely they,ll be playing into Munichs hands ?? ... Im still on the Munich bandwagon as they,re destroying everything thats put in front of them at the moment and i dont think they,ll wanna lose or draw tonight..But if you think Arsenal will score then you can get 6/4 on Munich to win and both teams to score at Bet 365...

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th At WH's website you can find 'Bayern Munich to win and both teams to score' priced at 3/1. Arsenal have to score if they want to get anything out of this game. On the other hand Bayern Munich have just too much for Arsenal to win this game.

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th Since the first meeting of opponents has been almost three weeks , and during that time Bayern held three matches in the Bundesliga , and the Londoners - two games, and another in the FA Cup. If we are to compare the results achieved by the teams on this short stretch of the season , they will not be in favor of Arsene Wenger's squad. Arsenal immediately after the home defeat against sensitive Munich full revenge on one of the outsiders of the Premier League - Sunderland , winning 4-1. Ozil and the company also left no chance sturdy Everton in the oldest tournament in the World (FA Cup) , and the result was the same as in the championship. Interestingly, in both cases the main scorer Olivier Giroud , only Premier League match he scored in the first half , and the Cup - in the last ten minutes of the match with the toffee. However, these successes were diluted with another unexpected defeat in the championship from Stoke - 0:1. Thus, at the moment , Arsenal occupied the third place standings , gaining 59 points and seven points behind leaders Chelsea. In addition, the coming weeks on the calendar will be extremely hard. Aside from a home match of the 28th round against Swansea, The Londoners will have two consecutive derby with Tottenham and Chelsea and the battle with the citizens and Everton. That they would even dare tournament fate Arsenal at the finish of the season. Now Arsene Wenger faces a difficult dilemma - to save power in Munich or try , like last year , make a little football miracle ? Frankly, the chances of success , against the current Bayern virtually none. German Superclub passed the interval of three fights in a row and scored 15 goals already. Victims of Josep Guardiola men became Hannover 96 (4:0), Schalke 04 (5:1), and Wolfsburg (6:1). The latter two teams enter the top five clubs in the Bundesliga after 24 rounds played. If we add to these victories the February Bavarians progress before the first match in London , you get all the incredible picture - six wins with a total goal difference of 26 - 2 ! This coming Saturday , Bayern will take at Allianz Arena Leverkusen , and this is the game from which all waiting for a miracle. While Bayern are not aware of defeats in the Bundesliga , but last season they were also very powerfully moved by the league race and allowed only misfire in the 9th round just in a home game with the pharmacists. Josep Guardiola does not remember that meeting , because in October 2012, Jupp Heynckes led the bavarians. Unlikely famous Pep, Jupp give his players orders to hold on accounts (3:1 win in London) in the return match from Munich. This is clearly not inherent in the nature of Pep Guardiola. 13.03.13 LIG Bayern - Arsenal 0:2 19.02.13 LIG Arsenal - Bayern 1:3 If "FC Hollywood" play even half its capacity , the Gunners wont stand a chance in Munich. Assume that the German Superclub wants to take revenge on Arsene Wenger's squad for the eighteen months ago. Arsenal hardly be able to improve their own statistics and the background of powerful games Bavaria it is to rely Tolkien that he will not lose large score. The final forecast on the match Bayern - Arsenal : Bayern -1.5 AH at 1.81 Ladbrokes

Re: FC Bayern München v Arsenal > Tuesday March 11th This odds are other absurdity. Again, this Arsenal not Freiburg or Braunschweig. 1.30 for Bayern when they lose here from gunners only an year before. Definitly no value for Bayern. For me no bet game or some kind of AH for Arsenal. +1.5 2.10 bet365 looks good.