** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Barcelona v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]95.74 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th I've taken a punt on City to qualify at odds of 15/1. Big odds on something that I feel could happen. City will go to the Nou Camp with nothing to lose, they have the fire power up front and Aguero is back from injury. Nasri has also looked lively recently and with players like Yaya Toure and Silva they really do have immense attacking quality to score 2 or 3 goals. Barca are an experienced team but obviously they are not the force they once were and they do have a tendency to concede. It is no easy feat but sometimes in football great things happen. Having said this if Pellegrini plays Demichelis then there is no hope.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th

Having said this if Pellegrini plays Demichelis then there is no hope.
:lol So true... If your bet came true it wouldn't be the craziest thing to happen in football by a long shot. I actually think that City will be far more comfortable leaving Barcelona to take the initiative in the match and then hitting them quickly on the counter. From the first leg it was clear to me that Barcelona were far better at taking care of the ball than City and looked very capable passing it around the City half. This made it an awkward situation for the home side because they're a big team and were expected to take the match to Barcelona infront of their own fans. It was awkward because they rarely had the ball ! And therefore couldn't take this approach. In Spain it will be more of the same. Except no pressure on City to play positive. They are free to hit on the counter, retreat and repeat. And try and survive the rest of the time. With little quick players like Aguero, Nasri, Navas, Negredo, Kolarov, Clichy and Zaba, they certainly have the cattle to roll the dice and take a gamble here on trying to rack up some away goals by breaking on this suspect Barca defence who by default (due to the way they play - Jordi Alba and Dani Alves being closet wingers) will be in advanced positions for a lot of the time.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Even though Barcelona beat Almeria(4:1)last weekend,they didn't impress.ALmeria had a few good chances a succeeded to score 1.All of their crossings created an awkward moments for Barca's defence..They just seem that cannot cope with them.As long as City use their wings they will be ok.First leg I hit the CS and i think i have a good chance too.In my eyes Barcelona won't win the game.Barcelona were disappointing once again at Saturday as they looked clueless upfront and just sit at the back passing the ball around with no idea what to do with it.Although they beat Almeria a week ago,they weren't shining at all.It's true that yesterday City failed to win either but they would be up for the midweek's game for sure.I think this time Manchster City can deal with Barcelona's sshaky defence and score at elast one in Spain.The Spaniards are showing signs of crysis and the best they can hope is a draw.Manchester won't come to lose again.They could've scored the previous leg in UK but Negredo was unlucky to miss.Now with Manchester City almost out,i think they will play with pressure off.Barcelona have to focus on La Liga for now.Medium stakes on Draw @4.33 and small punt on 1:1 Correct [email protected] all with bet365

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th there has to be five goals in this game minimum. why shouldn't man city just go for it with three strikers. with aquero and negredo who have spanish experience its worth backing them both to score as well as forwards of barcelona neymar and messi this match should produce plenty of goals

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th 4pts Over 3.5 goals 13/10 BetVictor Manchester City have no options but to get the ball down and attack in this game but we know they have it in them because they have already won in Munich in this competition this season. You’d think they will end up leaving themselves exposed at the other end though so I would be surprised if there aren’t goals in this game and I think we’ll see at least four of them. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-man-city-betting-city-s-attacking-desperation-can-lead-to-goals

aquero is 2.75 to score anytime with wh. that's pretty good value and he should get one for man city.
If City can't score at home, how can you expect them to score at the Nou Camp. (Referring to the Bayern v Arsenal comment).

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th like i said this match is going to have goals in my opinion and aquero who missed the first match is the best outta three strikers man city have so he's is likely notch one goal tonight huh well about arsenal if you think they can score in germany and win that's your opinion but i feel bayern won't give them an inch. yeah i think they will probably win by the same scoreline 2-0

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Again ridiculous odds for the favourite. Man City is not Almeria. Barcelona is not Barcelona from 2-3 years before. I think Man City have all chances at leats to take something from Camp Nou. For me value is fully on City. My choice is City or Draw 2.60 bet365. GL.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Barcelona for me are happy to keep possession of ball for long periods without going for the jugular, City for me will be well aware of the fact any goal conceded early would basically finish the tie for them, so with this in mind I'm thinking a possible 0-0 ht, with city knowing they will have to attack far more in second half. City gave Barcelona far to much respect first leg and paid the price for this, now they have to do what they should have done first leg. Bet for me.......Draw h/t City f/t @ 15 bet365

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th I think that we will be watching tonight very good and atacking football from Man City side.We can't ignore City with players like Yaya Toure, Silva, Aguero, Negredo especially comeback of Aguero.City will score tonight a least one(I hope more) goal and for me the best bet is double chance x2 and both teams to score

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th It's really hard to predict which of the two teams will win, the Catalan Giants suffered from a slump with their past few games after meeting City. While Manchester City also struggles at Premier League they currently sit on the top 4. I bet Barca can still win despite of their poor run, most likely a 2-0

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Unreal odds for City, gotta try this - just because its betting wisely right. Theres no reasoning needed to bet on City, coz City would win 1 game out of 6 for sure. This game is going be a coinflip.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Aguero to score anytime and City to win - 9/1 @ William Hill Small stakes on this for me. I was in Barcelona recently and went to watch the game they lost to Valencia. Valencia only had 35% possession but still managed to score 3. I think Barcelona will keep the ball as they always do, but this match showed that Barcelona's defense can still be punished without much of the ball. They passed the ball around the box a lot, but didn't have a cutting edge, having to rely on a scuffed shot and a very debatable penalty for their goals. Barcelona are quite up and down at at the moment (lost 3 of last 6 in the league including the Valencia game). Aguero is City's best striker and if he plays and City win, he's likely to get on the scoresheet.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th This could very well be another boring low score game like the one in Munich we saw yesterday. Home team doesn't need to do anything, and the guests don't know what to do. For me it's either Barcelona straight win or nothing. City still haven't shown that they can compete with the big guns in the Champions League.

If City can't score at home, how can you expect them to score at the Nou Camp.
IMO This is the most pertinent point of this thread. Man City were totally outplayed in that 1st leg and Barca were very good value for the win. It could have been more really! If you simply go on that, then Home win looks assured. I agree that there is no good reason that City will score here as they just could not create chances in that game. Aguero, good as he is, would have made little difference to that result IMO.

IMO This is the most pertinent point of this thread. Man City were totally outplayed in that 1st leg and Barca were very good value for the win. It could have been more really! If you simply go on that' date=' then Home win looks assured. I agree that there is no good reason that City will score here as they just could not [b']create chances in that game. Aguero, good as he is, would have made little difference to that result IMO.
You have to remember City played most of 2nd half with 10 men, against a team who keep the ball very well. Tonight they have to create chances, or its the end of the road.

If City can't score at home, how can you expect them to score at the Nou Camp. (Referring to the Bayern v Arsenal comment).
The situation has pretty much changed. In the first match Pellegrini used a defensive 11 against Barça, now he doesn't have any other option of playing in the full attacking style. Also Manchester City surely were going to score at Etihad if referee didn't kill the game. Barça have been horrible lately, Messi has an illness which is still doctors could not find out. I think odds are crazy enough to back City here and of course Overs.

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th Will make a prediction on the statistics, namely that Barca get at least 2 yellow cards. Guests have no choice but to go ahead and try to recoup after 0-2. Although it will be very difficult to do, but the choice of the guests ... no longer attack, good attacking players and therefore upscale cards from the catalans. Especially have some players to get cards, Pique, Mascherano or Dani Alves... all these players play tough enough. Barcelona Over 1.5 Cards at 1.75 Bwin --- Very high fee for a player who is performing at a very low level in defense in recent games and already seen in the way the warning after several fouls to Kolarov and Clichy in Manchester. CIty have to go on the attack and more than once see Alves make a mistake. I see more likely to take out a yellow to Alves than any other defender of Barcelona, ??City the play going for it and sure create danger (if not, then will decepcionate me as a team) and surely Nasri or Kun Aguero often will fall to the left as Alves he does always expect to arrive late somewhere and "win" a card. The odds good to just get a strake and see what happens. Daniel Alves get a yellow card?: Yes at 4.55 Betsson Greetings

Re: FC Barcelona v Manchester City > Wednesday March 12th I will never ever EVER understand Pellegrini in this game. Starting a game that your behind 2:0 with one striker and the pulling off the best striker in your team ???? yes he didn't show much in first half but because he was alone upfront? Maybe he shoud start with 2-3 strikers after all he has nothing to lose? I don't know, i'm speechless

Even though Barcelona beat Almeria(4:1)last weekend' date='they didn't impress.ALmeria had a few good chances a succeeded to score 1.All of their crossings created an awkward moments for Barca's defence..They just seem that cannot cope with them.As long as City use their wings they will be ok.First leg I hit the CS and i think i have a good chance too.In my eyes Barcelona won't win the game.Barcelona were disappointing once again at Saturday as they looked clueless upfront and just sit at the back passing the ball around with no idea what to do with it.Although they beat Almeria a week ago,they weren't shining at all.It's true that yesterday City failed to win either but they would be up for the midweek's game for sure.I think this time Manchster City can deal with Barcelona's sshaky defence and score at elast one in Spain.The Spaniards are showing signs of crysis and the best they can hope is a draw.Manchester won't come to lose again.They could've scored the previous leg in UK but Negredo was unlucky to miss.Now with Manchester City almost out,i think they will play with pressure off.Barcelona have to focus on La Liga for now.Medium stakes on Draw @4.33 and small punt on 1:1 Correct [email protected] all with bet365[/quote'] So close to the Correct score...