** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League - Week 2

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 13 February 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Newton, W v Van Barneveld, R (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Chisnall, D v Wright, P (19:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Anderson, G v Whitlock, S (20:20 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Taylor, P (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Thornton, R v Van Gerwen, M (21:40 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League - Week 2 Night two previews: 3pts R.Barneveld (-2.5 legs) to beat W.Newton 11/10 Bet365 On what we saw last week this should be a comfortable win for the Dutchman but he’s had a few defeats since then so we need to hope that hasn’t eroded too much of his confidence. Newton didn’t have much more success at the weekend so that is a positive for the Dutchman and I expect him to take advantage here. Barneveld won 7-2 when these two met last year and I fancy something similar here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/newton-vs-barneveld-betting-raymond-barneveld-can-make-it-two-from-two 3pts D.Chisnall to beat P.Wright - Over 11.5 legs 11/10 BetVictor Two form players collide here and you would think something has to give but it wouldn’t be the greatest surprise in the world if this one ends 6-6. With this likely to be close throughout the odds against on this one needing the full 12 legs looks good value to me so I’ll take a small bet on that as 7-5 or 6-6 looks like most likely outcome to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chisnall-vs-wright-betting-this-one-could-see-the-full-12-legs 4pts G.Anderson to beat S.Whitlock 6/5 Stan James Gary Anderson looked in fine form in Germany a couple of weeks ago when he won a tournament out there and I think that’s the best form either have shown in 2014. We shouldn’t look too much against Anderson last week because he ran into a storm and while Whitlock was unwell which means we can’t take too much from his defeat I’m just not convinced all is well with his game at the minute. Whitlock may show up in excellent form this week but we’ve seen no evidence that its coming so I’ll take Anderson here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/anderson-vs-whitlock-betting-anderson-s-form-can-lead-him-to-first-win 4pts A.Lewis to beat P.Taylor - Over 6.5 180s 11/10 Betfred Taylor always saves his best for Lewis and I’m sure he’ll be out to show that again here. He has a point to prove on the big stage after last week and he’ll probably want to eradicate any doubts which may have crept into his head after that game. These two always have great matches. This should be no different. Unlike some opponents Taylor goes looking for 180s against Lewis. Lewis hits them for fun so we should see at least seven here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lewis-vs-taylor-betting-two-top-players-can-hit-plenty-of-180s 4pts R.Thornton vs M.van Gerwen - Over 6.5 180s Evs Coral These two produced a draw last season but unless Thornton finds his doubles here I don’t see this one being one. The fact Thornton throws first should ensure it is a bit closer than it could be and with extra legs we should see more 180s. Both men know their way to the 60 bed and are no strangers to hitting 180s so I fancy a few between them in the evening’s finale. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/thornton-vs-van-gerwen-betting-the-night-can-finish-with-more-180s

Re: Premier League - Week 2 Highest Checkout Peter Wright 9/1Bwin (8/1 most bookies) With so many talented players on show it could take a really big checkout to win this. It's no secret that Wright is the most improved player and there is no sign of his form dipping. He seems full of confidence at the moment and is well up to hitting a big finish. What makes me favour Wright over the others is his knack of leaving himself big finishes. Last week against Newton he left 161,164 and three times left himself 170. On one of those occasions he deliberately went for a single 18 in order to leave the maximum checkout. I get the distinct impression that Wright wants to hit the maximum checkout. It could be just a matter of time before hits a big finish and at 9/1 Im happy to bet it could be this week. Coral also offer 20/1 on him getting a 170 which might be worth a small dabble.

Re: Premier League - Week 2 Barneveld over 3.5 180s 6/4 Bet365 There has been surprisingly little reaction from the bookies to Barney hitting the most 180s last week with his odds just coming in slightly. I'll play it safe this week though and settle for the over 3.5 180s market at 6/4. Barney hit 6 last week in a match that was over in the blink of an eye. There is every chance today's game will last longer and obviously the longer the match the more opportunities to hit a maximum. Barney probably won't play as well as last week but the good thing about him is that even when he isn't paying well he still manages to hit the maximums. Odds 6/4 are too good to resist.