** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

January 27 - February 2

Re: January 27 - February 2 James Ward to beat Sam Querrey @ 10.00 Betfair Now that Murray has won the opening rubber of this tie against Young, the pressure falls squarely on Querrey to draw the Americans level here. Even though the court has been set up to favour Querrey, it's still a clay court and I'm sure he would prefer it if the surface was hard as he wouldn't have to worry about slipping so much. Ward isn't expected to win this, and probably won't worry as much about losing as he might have done if Young had given the Americans the lead. He made the final of a Challenger on clay last year, and whilst Querrey is significantly better than the field in that tournament he isn't the most accomplished clay court player. Ward seems to thrive in the Davis Cup environment, and this is a match in which he almost has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he can step up his game as he has done in previous Davis Cup ties, he might be able to give Great Britain a commanding lead going into the weekend.

Re: January 27 - February 2 Back Sara Errani (-3.5) to beat Alize Cornet for a 8/10 stake at 1.81 with Pinnacle A very strange day yesterday with Petkovic throwing her match away and with Stepanek not converting his break-balls. Anyway, after seeing Errani perform well over the last couple of days, she shouldn't mess this up in my opinion. She's had a poor start to the season, but she has picked herself up in the most unlikely of places and I think she'll be able to get the job done against Cornet today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/errani-vs-cornet-betting-sara-errani-should-be-able-to-progress-to-the-finals-over-in-paris

Re: January 27 - February 2

James Ward to beat Sam Querrey @ 10.00 Betfair Now that Murray has won the opening rubber of this tie against Young, the pressure falls squarely on Querrey to draw the Americans level here. Even though the court has been set up to favour Querrey, it's still a clay court and I'm sure he would prefer it if the surface was hard as he wouldn't have to worry about slipping so much. Ward isn't expected to win this, and probably won't worry as much about losing as he might have done if Young had given the Americans the lead. He made the final of a Challenger on clay last year, and whilst Querrey is significantly better than the field in that tournament he isn't the most accomplished clay court player. Ward seems to thrive in the Davis Cup environment, and this is a match in which he almost has nothing to lose and everything to gain. If he can step up his game as he has done in previous Davis Cup ties, he might be able to give Great Britain a commanding lead going into the weekend.
Very nice hit!!

Re: January 27 - February 2 Hopefully this year I can contribute to the site more. So here are a few bets and my reasonings: Pavlyuchenkova v. Errani (Pavlyuchenkova to win) - 1.76 @ Betfair (3/5 units) Pavlyuchenkova v. Errani (Pavlyuchenkova (-1.5 sets)) - 2.63 @ StanJames (2/5 units) Pavlyuchenkova recorded an impressive win against Sharapova today. She truly earned the victory with some well-battled and consistent rallies. On the other hand Errani struggled through against the gutsy Cornet. Errani looked dead on her feet at the end and even had to pull out of her doubles SF. The players have been on different trajectories this year. Pavlyuchenkova was a set and a break up against Radwanska at the Australian Open (before heat issues stopped her progress) and has come through against four tough players here - Schiavone, Suarez Navarro, Kerber and Sharapova. Errani is definitely struggling to find her best form which she'll need in this match especially given the 1-0 H2H record indoors which favours Pavlyuchenkova. I'm expecting Pavlyuchenkova to be strong favourite and to win with a bit to spare so I believe the 2.63 for a straight sets victory to be great value (the Betfair odds for the outright have already shifted significantly). Berdych (-2.5 sets) vs. Haase - 1.68 @ Pinnacle (2/5 units) Haase was the weak link today in the doubles as Rojer was superb. Berdych recorded an easy straight sets win against Sijsling on Friday and Haase pulled through to beat Stepanek in 5. Each of the three meetings between Berdych and Haase have ended in straight sets and I believe the gulf in quality will mean a relatively quick win for Berdych who loves playing in the Davis Cup. Berdych has won 6 of his 7 victories this year in straights (only Ferrer proved an obstacle).

Re: January 27 - February 2 Frank Dancevic to beat Kei Nishikori @ 17.00 Betfair Nishikori has the chance to win the tie for Japan here, but I'm not so sure Dancevic will be as much of a pushover as his price implies. I expected the Canadian to play out a close match against Soeda in his first singles rubber, but he won impressively in straight sets and so he looks to be in good shape right now. Nishikori also won in straight sets in his match against Polansky, but the scoreline suggests he wasn't necessarily dominant. He may have been holding back and doing just enough to get the win, but even so I think Dancevic is capable of causing the Japanese more problems than Polansky did. Robin Haase to beat Tomas Berdych @ 13.00 Betfair Berdych can wrap up victory for the Czech Republic here, but Haase should be feeling confident ahead of this match. There were question marks over his fitness before this tie began as he retired against Young at the Australian Open, but in the opening rubber here he came from behind to beat Stepanek in five sets. Now that fears about his fitness have been dispelled and he has a good win under his belt, he can concentrate on trying to take this tie into a deciding rubber. He hasn't played Berdych in recent years, but he has beaten him in the past and he should be able to give the Czech a far stiffer test than his compatriot Sijsling did.

Re: January 27 - February 2 Back Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (-3) to beat Sara Errani for a 8/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle Very much agree about what's been said about this match by The Charming One. Errani didn't have enough energy left for the doubles match yesterday, she played poorly in the key moments of her match against Cornet, while Pavlyuchenkova played well against Sharapova and had much more time for recovery. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pavlyuchenkova-vs-errani-betting-anastasia-pavlyuchenkova-looks-set-to-capture-the-title-in-paris

Re: January 27 - February 2 Back Potito Starace to beat Facundo Arguello for a 6/10 stake at 1.75 with Pinnacle The Davis Cup looks a bit scarce as far as betting goes, but I think that this is a good price on Starace to beat Arguello in Chile. The Italian veteran looked hungry for success in Melbourne and he is back on his favorite surface now, so I fancy him to build on those good performances and record yet another qualifying victory today. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/starace-vs-arguello-betting-potito-starace-can-record-yet-another-qualifying-victory-in-chile

Hopefully this year I can contribute to the site more. So here are a few bets and my reasonings: Pavlyuchenkova v. Errani (Pavlyuchenkova to win) - 1.76 @ Betfair (3/5 units) :ok Pavlyuchenkova v. Errani (Pavlyuchenkova (-1.5 sets)) - 2.63 @ StanJames (2/5 units) :( Berdych (-2.5 sets) vs. Haase - 1.68 @ Pinnacle (2/5 units) - VOID
I agree CzechPunter. Some really odd matches this week. Berdych was in fine form today. Just a shame that Netherlands replaced Haase with De Bakker who played a decent match. Pavlyuchenkova won as expected however the route wasn't as easy as predicted. I believe she lost 6 or 8 games in a row...Oh well. Slight win off the back of these three. +0.28 units.

Good Luck Paris [Outright] Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova E/W @ 25-1 Betfred....Did ok in Australia giving Radwanska a scare before losing in 3 sets. Can see her going close if the big guns like Sharapova and Kerber under perform in her half of the draw
Good call. Beating kerber with her weak 2nd serve was predictable but beating sharapova she deserved to win the tournament.

Good Luck Paris [Outright] Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova E/W @ 25-1 Betfred....Did ok in Australia giving Radwanska a scare before losing in 3 sets. Can see her going close if the big guns like Sharapova and Kerber under perform in her half of the draw
Good shout Striker. You should drop by more often!