** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 24 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lille OSC v Stade Rennais (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.66 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 25 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]En Avant Guingamp v Paris Saint-Germain (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.52[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.50 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Ajaccio v Sochaux-Montbéliard (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.56[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.62 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Nantes v Stade Reims (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.63 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Montpellier HSC v OGC Nice (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.18[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.51 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Toulouse FC v SC Bastia (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.74[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.45 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Valenciennes FC v FC Lorient (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.46 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 26 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Olympique Lyonnais v Evian TG (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.16 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Girondins de Bordeaux v Saint-Étienne (16:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.77 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AS Monaco v Olympique Marseille (20:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.71[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th lyon seems an obvious bet as they seem to they have turned their poor form and are continuing to make strong performances now each week. they have been on long unbeaten streak and now i feel is the time to back them especially as they are at home and pushing for higher position in the table. psg are also obvious bet as they have been consistently producing strong performances and goals coming from two striking partners of ibrahimovic and cavani. psg few weeks ago had a slight slip but are back on track and leading the the french league on top. i don't see guingamp causing them too many problems. i like a draw between monaco and marseille. monaco haven't had the best of results for at least two months and can't be trusted. i don't remember when falcao scored for them as he's been quiet mostly and well out of form he had at the beginning of the season. they have dropped points and really haven't had the edge against much weaker teams. i feel they need to sign few player to add to their strenght. marseille will always be strong on their day and they don't have too many injuries to worry about. i think in terms of strength they are very even and i can see marseille getting a point. the other teams i like is montpellier as their form seem to be improving under new coach and at home they should be looking to win and nantes double chance against their opponents reims who have a habit of getting getting something out any games mainly due to their robust defensive qualities. i'm not to sure about bordeaux v st etienne, ajaccio v sochaux and valenciennes v lorient. maybe someone else can shed some light

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Ahh, it happened after his goal.. ok! At first glance I like lyon -1 at home, BTS in the Valenciennes - Lorient game. Valenciennes really improved under their new head coach and they score and concede in every game lately. Lorient with their strikers in this kind of form will somehow always find the net once. Hard to pick a winner in this one pre-game. Toulouse vs Bastia looks like a under game to me. Toulouse rarely concede more than 1 goal at home, monaco did it last weekend for exception but Bastia on their travels are nowhere near Monaco's quality. Seems like a pretty tight affair. I would like to back Toulouse to win too but the odds are bad for a home win. Their form is not good enough, ups and downs, maybe they will trash Bastia like they did against Sochaux the other day but I rate Bastia's defense way better than Sochaux's. So this is not likely for me! PSG looks like a no-brainer if they are fully focussed but we never know that for sure. Guingamp can be a pain in the ass but they already lost against the better teams in this league. Bordeaux and Monaco. PSG will be fresh and eager to win the title this year again? If so, Zlatan and co can make these poor odds look juicy. :D I was planning to make a bet on Montpellier but suddenly OL nice with a mixture squad destroyed Marseille at home while they played with almost their bets 11. A shocker result for me and I really don't know what to except from them away at Montpellier now. Home team like Valenciennes improved a lot and especially upfront they picked up some kind of form again. But they first play PSG away, let's see how that goes. Maybe a BTS game in this one? I'll leave Rennes, Sochaux games alone way too unpredictable. Detailed previews will come later on.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th

Ban this fcuking tool.
Turns out Masturbinho is also Ivan-Ikonomov. Duplicate accounts are not tolerated Ivan, and certainly not tolerated when you come here to abuse other posters. So you are banned.

Marseille +0.75 5/10 is an official bet of mine based on this news. I was strongly considering them anyway' date= but with Falcao now likely ruled out their price will just crash big time. So I might as well get on early now before the bookies fully react
It looks the right play, since Monaco didn't score a lot lately. Falcao was not in his best form anyways but he is still important for their attacking game play. One thing that troubles me is that Marseille leaks goals lately, few months ago their defense was rock solid but not anymore. Away they always concede once or more but ofcourse they often score too. Monaco started with 4 away games this year and did pretty well. Riviere is more than capable to nick one in. In 24 games Monaco only failed 3 times to score a goal. 1 time was at home against Toulouse and twice away at Reims and Lille. No surprise since those teams have a pretty tight back line but it shows that Monaco has a lot of goal scoring potential in their team. I admit Falcao is a big part of it but certainly not all. In the last 12 games in ligue 1 Marseille only kept one cleansheet at home against Montpellier. That's pretty poor if you ask me, even Montpellier had a lot of injuries back then. I really doubt if they can keep one in this game. To be honest, I don't think so! Most safe and logical bet looks BTS to me if we look at stats. But we know that stats sometimes fool as around. This is a big game for both clubs so things will be tighter than normal. These teams met earlier in the league in september and Monaco won it 1-2. Monaco holds the second place and are waiting for PSG to slip up. Not likely to happen, so they know this rank is crucial for them. A ticket to the CL and they will defend it with great power. Marseille is struggeling this season and they are 5th at the table. Difference with rank 11 is only 4 points. They can't afford to loose more points in the upcoming games. It will be hard cause St etienne and Lille are pretty good themselfs but Marseille knows they can do better than they are doing right now. They are looking for revenge for sure in this game, loosing at home against on of your biggest rivals is no fun at all! I have no doubts Marseille will defend better than they did in midweek against Nice, like wtf? 5 goals.. Positive thing out of that game was that Gignac scored 2 goals. Should help him a lot for the upcoming games. Valbuena is fit again and played the 90 minutes. Anyways, I don't think there is much quality difference between these 2 teams and Marseille to win or draw would be no surprise. It's hard to pick a winner but the odds make it easy for us. Monaco is unbackable with these current odds and without their key player upfront. I rate Marseille good enough to finish in the top 4 this year but they have to step up their game. St etienne holds a 5 point lead currently! Fit squad for Marseille only A.ayew is still injured but he is long term. Sunday night game, stadium should be packed and we can watch a great game of soccer ourselfs! I expect both teams to defend pretty well but over 90 minutes we will see some goals. 2 early bets for me in this game [first thoughts are mostly the right ones :P]. I'll go for BTS with medium stakes. Medium stakes on Marseille +0.5 aswell! Goodluck all.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Hello all Falcao out for a long period , maybe for the World Cup too.. It's surely a bad news for him and for Monaco, but i think they can play a good football even without him , they have James Rodriguez, Moutinho, Ocampos, Carasco... Anyway, i dont see Marseille lose at Monaco , after the lose at home in Coupe de France against Nice (4-5 FT) they have to prove themselve , they are not at their level , and they always want to fight for European Qualification in Ligue1. I see a close match so unders could be a good markets , but i'm gone choose Marseille or Draw @2.08 on betcity GL All and sorry for my english

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th I'm not to much involved in French football, but watching the games from time to time. What I saw from OM was, that they are able to score anytime with top-striker Gignac. But this shaky defence has slapstick-format. Not only midweek against Nice also in other games they played open-house, when they conceded early goals and made horrible mistakes in defense. Whether Falcao yes or no, for me OM has nearly no chance in Monaco. Sorry.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Big news regarding tonight's game. FC Lille without the suspended Balmont, the injured defender Beria and Kjaer another really important defender is left out of the squad for some reason? The slow fox Rozehnal will likely come in same for Kjaer. We saw Lille's last game without 2 important defenders and theyfailed big time. Conceded 2 goals away at St etienne and lost the game. Ofcourse this is a home match and Lille have a decent record at their own stadium but these missings will surely affect the team in a negative way. I was planning to go for under 2.5 goals in this game but I'm not so sure anymore. Last home game they lost against Reims 1-2 so maybe we will see goals again. Gardiens : Vincent Enyeama, Steeve Elana Défenseurs : Djibril Sidibé, Marko Basa, David Rozehnal, Pape Souaré, Julian Jeanvier, Adama Soumaoro, Corentin Halucha Milieux : Rio Mavuba, Idrissa Gueye, Jonathan Delaplace, Soualiho Meïté Attaquants : Salomon Kalou, Tulio De Melo, Ryan Mendes, Ronny Rodelin, John Ruiz, Nolan Roux, Divock Origi Rennes on the other hand are pretty unpredictable lately. They really lack some kind of threat upfront, weird though cause their squad is finally in the right shape. Only Fehret and Pajot are long term injuries. O.Toivonen swedish international joined the club. Transferred from PSV Eindhoven. He didnt play that much lately but if he is in the right form and has the right mentality he can really add something to this team. Attacking midfielder but can also play as a striker. What to expect from Rennes, I don't really have a clue. My heart tells me they will get something tonight since Lille is struggeling with their form but it's always tricky. A lot of games ended in a boring 1-0 for Lille. BTS maybe? Odds are really low for a home win now so Rennes +1 maybe has some value now. Last 6 games between these 2 teams were 6 unders and since Rennes haven't found their best form yet it is likely again. 1-1 should be the perfect result. I'll back Rennes +0.5, I just have a weird feeling they will perform strong tonight. Also small stakes on the under 2.5 goals! Cause I don't see Lille score a lot too, Rennes really improved at the back and kept 3 cleansheets in their last 3 games. Goodluck all! Gardiens : Costil, Ndiaye Défenseurs : Armand, Emerson, Kana-Biyik, M'Bengue, Moreira, Danzé Milieux : Alessandrini, Bakayoko, Doucouré, Kadir, Konradsen, Makoun Attaquants : Toivonen, Pitroipa, Romero, Oliveira

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Many of you will know that my Ligue 1 form hasn’t been very good for a number of weeks now. Since December 3rd I’ve lost 45 units in this division which is obviously a poor return. In total I've had 9 official ‘losing’ rounds in the last 10 (fortunately the one winning round was +30 units). Luckily, I’m still in profit for Ligue 1 this season (+20 units, 4% yield) but obviously things have been slipping recently. I’m sure for those who’ve regularly followed me that I have earned you a profit for this season so far in Ligue 1, even despite these recent losses. So that at least is something that pleases me, but I certainly don’t want this losing slide to continue for much longer, for my own sake or for those who faithfully follow me. So during this week I’ve been conducting a ‘betting review’ on myself and investigation where I’ve gone wrong. Hopefully I’ve got to the root of the problem and a few things will change with my approach from now on. 1) I won't be betting on any matches involving teams who have just sacked or hired a new coach. This applies for at least 5 games after the new coach has been at the club. I worked out that I've lost about -40 units on teams who have had manager changes this season, Sochaux especially haven't been kind to me and I’ve lost 18 units on them. 2) I will be scrapping 3/10 bets. I’m roughly level for 3/10 bets this season but they are kinda pointless really. I mean, why stake this amount? its such a strange number. Basically I think I’ve been wasting my time with these picks, even if they haven't cost me anything. 3) Over bets will only be on the 2.0 or 2.25 line. I worked out that I’ve lost my last 9 consecutive over 2.5 bets. It’s not a good line to bet on in France, no matter how attractive the proposition looks. 2.25 and 2.0 lines offer more security. These will be the main changes. I also won't be providing any previews for matches that I don’t have any picks in. This is simply so that I can focus more on the games that matter. In the past it helped me to assess each match by writing a preview (for my own sake more than anything) but I now believe I can use my time more effectively. So overall, expect less bets but hopefully a higher number of winners and more profit. My main problem has been dealing with teams who have undergone transitions such as a change of manager. I will be avoiding these teams from now on whenever possible until I’m happy that I can call and understand them properly again. Of course, these rules won’t always apply and there might be exceptional circumstances, but this is my plan anyway. I’m hoping to stick to them as much as possible in Ligue 1. For Ligue 2 I’ll be more relaxed because I’ve generally been having few problems there. The target for the rest of the season in Ligue 1 is to make +50 more units of profit. For tonight’s match my prediction is Lille 1-1 Rennes, there is no bet.

Many of you will know that my Ligue 1 form hasn’t been very good for a number of weeks now. Since December 3rd I’ve lost 45 units in this division which is obviously a poor return. In total I've had 9 official ‘losing’ rounds in the last 10 (fortunately the one winning round was +30 units). Luckily' date= I’m still in profit for Ligue 1 this season (+20 units, 4% yield) but obviously things have been slipping recently. I’m sure for those who’ve regularly followed me that I have earned you a profit for this season so far in Ligue 1, even despite these recent losses. So that at least is something that pleases me, but I certainly don’t want this losing slide to continue for much longer, for my own sake or for those who faithfully follow me. So during this week I’ve been conducting a ‘betting review’ on myself and investigation where I’ve gone wrong. Hopefully I’ve got to the root of the problem and a few things will change with my approach from now on. 1) I won't be betting on any matches involving teams who have just sacked or hired a new coach. This applies for at least 5 games after the new coach has been at the club. I worked out that I've lost about -40 units on teams who have had manager changes this season, Sochaux especially haven't been kind to me and I’ve lost 18 units on them. 2) I will be scrapping 3/10 bets. I’m roughly level for 3/10 bets this season but they are kinda pointless really. I mean, why stake this amount? its such a strange number. Basically I think I’ve been wasting my time with these picks, even if they haven't cost me anything. 3) Over bets will only be on the 2.0 or 2.25 line. I worked out that I’ve lost my last 9 consecutive over 2.5 bets. It’s not a good line to bet on in France, no matter how attractive the proposition looks. 2.25 and 2.0 lines offer more security. These will be the main changes. I also won't be providing any previews for matches that I don’t have any picks in. This is simply so that I can focus more on the games that matter. In the past it helped me to assess each match by writing a preview (for my own sake more than anything) but I now believe I can use my time more effectively. So overall, expect less bets but hopefully a higher number of winners and more profit. My main problem has been dealing with teams who have undergone transitions such as a change of manager. I will be avoiding these teams from now on whenever possible until I’m happy that I can call and understand them properly again. Of course, these rules won’t always apply and there might be exceptional circumstances, but this is my plan anyway. I’m hoping to stick to them as much as possible in Ligue 1. For Ligue 2 I’ll be more relaxed because I’ve generally been having few problems there. The target for the rest of the season in Ligue 1 is to make +50 more units of profit. For tonight’s match my prediction is Lille 1-1 Rennes, there is no bet.
From a 'silent' lurker in the shadows; really appreciate your hard work and level-headedness, Meatman. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Yeah, that's what I ment last week. Focus more on your preferred picks and leave the unstable teams alone. Think it is a good view on the long run! It's always smart to evaluate after 6 months and if these are your conclusions then that's fine. Goodluck with your next bets! I'm confident you will strike back and your efforts will be rewarded sooner or later. Cheers!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Hallelujah, finally some decent results! FC lille vs Stade rennes ended 1-1 perfect result for us, both bets won. Lille was the better side but I'm glad Rennes defense improved a lot lately and they showed it tonight. Cu tomorrow!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th I said I would leave Sochaux games alone but I just have to back the home team in this fixture. Both teams on a poor run but and is a real 6 pointer for both clubs. They are at the rock bottom of the table and they don't care about anything else but a win here. Both lost their midweek game against a ligue 2 side, shamefull cause they both played with their best starting 11. No advantage for any team for this game so it's all or nothing for both sides. No excuses, I think their coaches can't care less about how they are gonna win this one but a draw is useless that's for sure. I saw AC Ajaccio's last league game away at Nice and I must admin they weren't that bad at all. They conceded early in the game but after that they even controlled the game at some points and got a lot of corners but failed to score. 2-0 in the last minute of the game through a counter but that's not important. OL Nice is a solid home side and the thing that surprised me was that Ajaccio was pretty well organised. I don't think there is much difference in class between these 2 sides but a good organisation at the back will be the key for a win in this game. Pedretti returned to training this week but it's not confirmed yet if he will be ready or not. Expecting the same line-up as last week. I don't think Ajaccio will relegate without a fight and this is the moment to shine, they are playing better than the first half of the season that's for sure. They always score when playing at home in ligue 1 and one goal may be enough for a win here. FC Sochaux, where to start? They failed us so many times this season that it's time to give something back to us.. [ nah, just kidding ] :) I saw the cup game against Angers for most parts and they were just terrible. Toothless upfront, even now J ayew joined the club on loan from Marseille. I never rated him that good and it looked like his teammates are also thinking that way. No chemistry at all and they lost the ball so often without creating anything. Their coach transferred 2 zambian players to the club and they started in the first 11. 1 recieved a red card and the other one dodged one. These guys are really aggressive. This is not the African cup, refs can be pretty tight in this league. Anyways, these guys won't save Sochaux, that's for sure. Corchia one of their best players wants to leave the club and he's left out for this game. A real blow to the team cause as a defensive fullback he did a great job. They are missing a lot of other players too for this game. Le groupe sochalien : Cros, Pouplin - Faussurier, Peybernes, Carlão, Sunzu, Boumal, Zouma - Ilaimaharitra, Prcic, Roudet,Nogueira, Eickmayer, Poujol - Bakambu, Mayuka, Frau, Ayew, Butin. C.Kante [regular defender], Lopy, Doubai both midfielders played 10 games so far, R.Dias midfielder [7games], A.Camara midfielder [11 games] and important forward R.Contout. [18 games 3 goals] Upfront Sochaux looked terrible and they haven't scored a goal in their last 3 games. They always concede goals and even Ajaccio are no world stars, there will be space at the back of their defense especially now Corchia is out. I expect a tight, low scoring game but I still fancy AJ Ajaccio to nick one in and get the 3 points. I have a few bets for this game. Small stakes on the home win. Odds around 2,30 seems fair! Medium stakes on under 2.5 goals. Odds around 1.60 [H2H also shows a lot of unders between these 2 sides]. Small stakes on under 1.5 goals. Odds around 2.75! 1 stake on the 0-0 correct score : Odds 6.50 1 stake on the 1-0 correct score : Odds 7.00 for a bonus! If it goes over than Ajaccio will be the winners if you ask me! No way Sochaux will suddenly solve their problems in their squad and score a couple of goals here. Do or die game and I fancy the home side! Goodluck all.

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Second game for me will be Montpellier hosting OGC Nice. Both teams picked up a decent form in 2014, Montpellier started with a CDF win and after that they drew 1-1 against Monaco at home. Great result for them and that was the first sign of improvement under their new Coach. Followed by an away win against Rock bottom Sochaux 0-2 and a stunning result away in the cup against PSG 1-2. No one saw that one coming although PSG played with a mixture squad. 3 wins and a draw is a fine start and they would like to continue this run at home against Nice. Morale and confidence should be sky-high in their squad. They are without any important players so they can finally get back on track and start winning games. A.Niang scored a goal and adds something to their offensive line, lot of pace and technique. Mounier also found some of his old form back which is important for montpellier. 3 cleansheets in their last 5 games and 2 goals conceded, 1 against PSG and 1 against Monaco. Which should be a boost for their defensive line aswell. Midfield is fine with some great talented players who can also score a goal. I really fancy Montpellier to score 1 or 2 goals. Montpelliers probable line-up : 16 Jourdren – 25 Deplagne – 21 El Kaoutari - 3 Congré – 4 Hilton – 5 Tiéné – 22 Stambouli – 20 Sanson – 6 Marveaux - 19 Camara – 10 Cabella – 7 Mounier – 9 Niang - 29 Montaño OGC Nice started 2014 pretty well, a nice cup win away at nantes but the home side saved some regulars though. 0-0 away at Rennes for the league and I must admit Nice was pretty lucky to keep a cleansheet. Rennes should have won that game. After that they again played Nantes away for CDL and lost 4-3. Entertaining game, Nantes played with their best squad. Finally a home game against AC Ajaccio and Nice deliverd as expected 2-0 win. Like montpellier, Nice also had a stunning result in the cup against Marseille 4-5 win. Nice even played with a mixture squad! I never saw that one coming, especially cause Marseille was pretty solid at the back in the first half of the season. Anyways, good form atm for Nice. They are without some important players for this game and this is their group : Gardiens : Ospina, Veronese. Défenseurs : Amavi, Genevois, Gomis, Kolodziejczak, Palun, Puel. Milieux : Abriel, Albert, Bruins, Brüls, Digard, Mendy. Attaquants : Benrahma, Bosetti, Cvitanich, Maupay. Bodmer [midfielder/defender 13 games], M.Traore [midfielder 7 games], J.Pied [mdifielder 11 games 1 goal], X.Pentecote [midfielder 0 games], V.Eyserric [winger 15 games 1 goal], E.bautheac [forward 12 games 4 goals], N.Pejcinovic [defender 12 games 1 goal] and K.Anin [midfielder 0 goals]. All miss out for this game! Nice rested some players in midweek and ofcourse their regulars return to their spots. Cvitanich, Puel, Digard, Ospina,and Genevois! Their starting 11 will be pretty strong but the thing is, their subs did a great job. This team struggled a lot in the league and especially Cvitanich can't find the net when playing away. Nice improved but their away record is still poor in ligue 1. 4 losses and 1 draw in their last 5 games. Like I said, they rarely convince away from home and really struggle for goals. 1 goal in the last 5 away games and with Montpellier improving big time I think it will be hard for Nice to open them up especially without Eysseric and Bautheac on the wings. All in all, I fancy the home win here. H2H strongly favors Montpellier too, these teams met in September and drew 2-2. OGC Nice haven't won away at Montpellier for over 18 years now and I don't see them changing this fact quickly. They are both low on the table so it will be a exciting game to watch with both teams going for a win! 2 bets for this game : Montpellier home win with medium stakes. Odds dropped a bit but around 1.90 is good enough for me! Montpellier to score 2 or more goals also with medium stakes. Odds around 2.20! Nice rarely keeps a cleansheet at the back and Montpellier are improving every game. Wish you all the best!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Nantes – Reims For Nantes, the duo of Bessat and Veretout are fit and make the squad. Both had been doubtful so it’s a boost for Les Canaris that they are included. However, it wouldn’t be a surprise if neither actually started this match and just warmed the bench, after all Nantes do have other options in this area of the field. Nantes’ only official injury is to Johan Audel but he’s not that important anyway. Reims do have players on the sidelines but they are either insignificant or long term casualties who’ve been out for ages. Neither team played well last week, in fact you could go as far as saying both were a complete shambles. Many people expected Nantes to give PSG a pretty tough game at the Parc de Princes but they were awful and seemed to give Les Parisiens too much respect. It didn’t help that PSG were in amazing form though, so in some ways I do sympathise with Nantes. Few teams would’ve avoided defeat against them last weekend, even the real elite European sides. Reims meanwhile, were extremely disappointing at home to Lyon and inexplicably fell to a deserved 0-2 defeat. They had many factors in their favour but played such terrible football which will be of concern to all fans. The key here is who will respond better, and you’d have to think it’ll be Nantes. For a start, losing 5-0 against anyone is going to seriously hurt a proud side and it usually increases motivation a lot for the next fixture. Also, Nantes kinda knew they ran into a bullet train last weekend, sometimes thats just the way it goes in football and this can happen when facing seriously elite sides like PSG. Reims on the other hand, many people would argue just got their desserts. They have probably been the flukiest team in Ligue 1 this season and stolen more points than any other side. Statistically, they have the 4th best away record but a lot of their results have been tainted with good fortune and have been ill deserved. Nantes have an interesting home record this season. They played 10, won 6 and lost 4. Zero draws have occurred at Le Stade Beaujoire this season, even in cup football! If you look at who they’ve lost to here though then I’d say its understandable. I don’t think there’s any disgrace in losing to PSG, Monaco, Lille and Toulouse who have all performed well on the road this season. Nantes have dispatched middle of the road teams like Reims on a regular basis this campaign. This just looks like the sort of fixture they’ll win again, unless once more Reims get lucky in a match. Nantes are close to being a full class better than the visitors IMO and are worth backing anything over a price of 2.0. There isn’t extreme value here but the price is good enough for me. The match itself might be fairly close, but come the end of the 90 mins I’d say Nantes will find a way to get 3 points. Prediction: Nantes 2-0 Reims Recommended bet: Nantes -0.5 @ 2.06 4/10 Toulouse – Bastia Both teams have injury problems. For TFC, key defender Abdennour remains out which is a huge blow because he’s one of the best defenders in ligue 1. Throw into the mixer Umar Spajic’s suspension in addition to Pavle Ninkov’s injury and once again Toulouse are a bit light at the back. Important midfielder Clement Chantome remains out too which is another big loss. The only positive is that TFC have now had about 3-4 games to get used to these absentees so they might be less affected than they were initially. Bastia miss legendary GK Mickael Landreau and his presence has definitely been noticed in recent matches. From midfield, Sambou Yatabare is injured whilst in attack Krasic and Raspentino are both ruled out. At least Djibril Cisse and Adama Ba return from respective knocks, but the condition of either is questionable. Bastia’s biggest issue here is that this’ll be their 3rd match in the space of 7 days, and also their 2nd consecutive game on the road. They were forced to play 120 mins against Lens in midweek and I estimate that 8 of the side that started that game will once again take to the field here. Toulouse were also in cup action in midweek and suffered a shock loss to 4th division side Moulins. But because they are at home for this game they should be affected less, plus the trip to Moulins wasnt very far. Bastia have a shocking track record when they have to play a lot of matches in the space of a short time. I think both their mental and physical state isn’t going to be very good at the moment and there’s no way they will operate anywhere near close to their full potential in this fixture. Toulouse will likely respond after their cup humiliation, coach Alain Casanova will demand a big reaction. It’s no real surprise that TFC suffered in midweek anyway, Casanova’s record in cups is quite frankly appalling and every year Les Violets seem to get undone by lower ligue opposition. The most important thing to note about TFC here is that they’ve played really well in both ligue games in 2014 so far. They dominated Bordeaux away from home and more than held their own against Monaco last weekend. They were unlucky to lose that game and on another day could’ve beaten them. Bastia are renowned as terrible travellers at the best of times and I can see them struggling desperately here. They’ve had to go all the way north to Lens midweek, played extra time and lost, gone back home and now have to get themselves up for this game. Bastia aren’t even playing well anyway and have looked poor of late. I don’t think they can get anything so it’s Toulouse -0.75 for me, I see this ending up as a comfortable home win. Prediction: Toulouse 3-0 Bastia Recommended bet: Toulouse -0.75 @ 2.09 6/10 Valenciennes – Lorient The hosts have no fresh injuries to worry about. A couple of players are on the sidelines who’d be in first team contention (Rose, Le Tallec) but they’ve been out of action for a while now and in general this squad is in very good condition. Lorient are in pretty good shape as well. This is unusual because they are usually one of the most injury prone teams i Ligue 1. Nevertheless, Les Merlus still have a few notable players sidelined, especially in midfield where Coutadeur and Barthelme miss out. They also have a bit of a goalkeeping crisis with both Fabien Audard and Florian Chaigneau injured. Baptiste Reynet will take over in between the sticks and he’s ok, but clearly the coach doesn’t rate him that highly to only currently have him as 3rd choice GK. Valenciennes actually haven’t played a game for two weeks because their match at Marseille was postponed last Saturday. Whether or not that game being called off being a good thing for them remains to be seen, maybe they could’ve done with playing considering it hasn’t been long since the winter break. On the other hand, I’m sure coach Ariel Jacobs would’ve enjoyed more extra time with his squad, especially bedding in new players like Carl Medjani and Majeed Waris. Valenciennes have actually picked up decent form in recent games. They beat Monaco before the winter break and then also claimed 3 points against Bastia a couple of weeks ago. Lorient have also been a form team in Ligue 1, winning 6 of their last 9 games and only falling to one defeat during this period which was an unfortunate loss at Nantes. They are playing some really nice offensive football at the moment and the team seems to ooze confidence, especially going forwards. But with Lorient there’s always a worry when you back them away from home because sometimes they just can’t perform as well on natural grass. They’ve lost 8/11 road matches this season, and despite a recent upturn in form, it can’t be forgotten that visiting struggles can be common with them. Valenciennes really need the 3 points here tonight. 3 of their next 4 fixtures are against St Etienne, PSG and Marseille so it’s clear they need to get something on the board before facing those sides. The players will know the importance of this game and seem to be performing much better in recent times. Thus won’t be easy facing Lorient but ultimately I think the hosts will end up victorious. I’ll take them on a -0.25 AH line, this looks a juicy price for sure. But I’ll stake even more on over 2.25 goals. I just don’t see how this game won’t be open and free flowing. Both teams love to attack and there’s no way this will be a defensive encounter. The goals line should be 2.5 and I’m really surprised it’s one notch lower. Prediction: Valenciennes 2-1 Lorient Recommended bets: Valenciennes -0.25 @ 2.20 4/10 & Over 2.25 goals @ 2.04 5/10 Other predictions for today’s French matches (no picks) Tours 2-2 Chateauroux Guingamp 1-2 PSG Ajaccio 2-2 Sochaux Nice 1-1 Montpellier As a reminder for Sunday’s late fixture, Marseille +0.75 @ 2.02 5/10 was a recommended bet back on Wednesday. (best price now 1.92)

I'm not to much involved in French football' date=' but watching the games from time to time. What I saw from OM was, that they are able to score anytime with top-striker Gignac. But this shaky defence has slapstick-format. Not only midweek against Nice also in other games they played open-house, when they conceded early goals and made horrible mistakes in defense. Whether Falcao yes or no, for me OM has nearly no chance in Monaco. Sorry.[/quote'] Marseille always make good performance when they are clearly dogs ;)

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th FOr anybody that likes betting even or odd match goals. In Europe the three home teams that have the highest percentage of even goals in a match are Sochaux 9 in 10 home games Lyon 10 in 11 home games Rennes 10 in 11 home games Both Lyon and Rennes have 6 drawn games at home, an obvious correlation to even goals Lyon are at home this week against Evian who are 50% even away from home Even goals in Lyon v Evian is 1.85. Stats indicate it's worth a 2 unit bet as the implied odds are 55% while the probability of this is close to 89%

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Monptellier vs Nice Nice+1 at 1,9 I just can not understand why MHSC is such a favorite here around 1,8 for home win.Monptellier is actually ranked 16th and Nice 13th with 6 points more. Yes Monptellier realized and amazing perf with beating PSG in Le Parc des Princes last wednesday, but it was an hold up. I've seen the match, PSG was above with many occasions but no realizm. They was able to kill the match just in the first half but failed. MHSC scored 2 goals on "coup de pieds arrêtés" not in an action game. On the other hand don't forget the result of Nice beating OM in Le Vélodrome by an incredible score of 4-5. It was with more a B-Team than MHSC last wednesday. Remenber also the result in Nantes in League Cup, 4-3. A defeat but goals, goals and goals. Nantes and OM are not wellknown for bad defense !So my bet goes on Nice, Monptellier is over estimated as far as its coach. On betclic : Nice or draw : 1,9 1 Goal for Nice : 1,7 Nice DNB : 2,6

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Omg, this is what we call a sick bad beat. 93th minute Sochaux equalised through the last corner of the game, unbelievable! Would have been a great weekend so far. All bets would have won also the correct score 1-0... :( Ajaccio played a pretty good game and deserved the win. Not that much of a loss cause I staked well for under 2.5 goals but a real bummer it is! Montpellier won the game as expected, they really improved lately and scored 3 goals! FT 3-1. Niang is a great player for their team along with Mounier upfront. Both bets won! Looking forward to tomorrow's games! Previews will follow later on the night. Planning to go big on Lyon and Lyon -1. Already had some early bets for Marseille +0.5 too. Cheers guys!

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th My Marseille preview is already in this thread so Lyon will complete my bets for this weekend. They host Evian TG in Stade de Gerland at 14:00. Early kick-off it is and Lyon should be quite confident after their win away at reims last week also at 14:00! I think most people were thinking what the heck is wrong with Lyon in the first months of the season. They started terrible with only 5 wins in the first 15 league games. But after their heavy loss away at PSG something changed, don't know what is was but it clearly helped them a lot. They are unbeaten in their last 11 games with 27-12 goal difference overall and that suits a team like OL Lyon. Their game play improved a lot, chemistry returned between the players and there were no transfers so far. It looks like everyone is happy again and even Gourcuff starts to shine like his old days. Along with Grenier, Fofana and Gonalons their midfield is pretty balanced and creative. Fofana and Gonalons are doing some great defensive work too in central midfield while Grenier can always be dangerous from set pieces. Their only miss in this game will be their fullback Anthony Lopes, Zeffane will take his place. Young talent, a downgrade maybe yes but he is capable of doing his job. He played 30 minutes against Reims and 90 minutes in their midweek cupgame. He will be fine against the attack of Evian. Lacazette is their new shining star upfront and his partner Gomis always scores his goals through out the season. Lyon did pretty well in their latest home games and I expect them to deliver a strong performance again. Evian is pretty toothless upfront nowadays so maybe even 1 goal is enough for a win here, but with their recent form I expect atleast 2 goals from Lyon in this game. Evian started 2014 as a nightmare, 4 losses and a lucky draw in their last game away at Rennes. They are hardly creating anything upfront and if you think it can't get worse, than I have some bad news for you. Their important winger Sougou [19 games 4 goals] got injured in last week and he's out for this game atleast. That's a real blow cause their main striker Berigaud is a ghost compared to his earlier performances for the club. This will leave Evian with even more troubles finding the net. Barbosa will likely come in for Sougou but this guy is 37 already, I think he is way too slow to cause any damage. Central midfielder Tie Bi is still out injured that means that Kone again will play in his part. He is also a slow player and often comes too late in challenges, giving away free-kicks etc. Rennes couldn't finish some clear chances against Evian TG, but I have no doubts Lyon will have less mercy. All in all, this should be nothing else than a home win. FC Tours delivered well in a similar situation today and I just hope Lyon with their currect form will do the same! It's 6 points for a EL spot and 10 points for a CL play-off spot. The season is not over yet and R.Garde [lyon coach] knows this very well. A must win game for the home side if they wanna achieve something this season and I have no doubts their winning streak continues. Quality difference is just too big. I will have 3 bets for this game. Lyon home win with high stakes. Odds around 1.50! This was the banker of the weekend for me since the odds came out, can't hold back now! :) Lyon to score 2 goals or more with high stakes! Odds around 1.65! No doubts Lyon will find holes in Evian's defense and midfield. Lyon to keep a cleansheet with medium stakes! Odds around 2.00! Goals can come from nowhere but I'll give it a go! Goodluck guys, hope the gods will be on our sides !

Re: Ligue 1 Orange > January 24th - 26th Bordeaux – St Etienne The hosts have massive issues in attack. They have a number of key offensive players missing, including Diabate, Obraniak, Jussie and Hoarau. I’m not quite sure how they are going to score goals with just the likes of Henri Saivet and Diego Rolan in the team. Right back/winger Julien Faubert is also ruled out here and another problem Bordeaux are going to encounter is fatigue. They played on Wednesday night in the Coupe de France away against 5th division Corsican side Ile Rousse and shockingly lost on penalties! Les Girondins fielded a pretty strong XI for that game too, at least 8 or 9 of who will likely start today against Sainte. Come the end of this match there could be some really heavy legs out there. St Etienne meanwhile have no such injury issues. It’s true Kurt Zouma is ruled out of this game through illness, but he’s hardly played recently anyway due to his 10 match ban. The squad is in excellent condition and Les Verts have even had 9 days to prepare for the fixture so in theory it should be a significant advantage compared to Bordeaux. Of course, the big question here is how well the hosts respond to their cup shock. It might be that they are hurt and show exceptional motivation – in a similar way to what Sainte did last week beating Lille after losing to Cannes. But equally they could be flat and lifeless, the latter option is more likely IMO. Bordeaux haven’t started 2014 very well. They’ve lost both ligue matches 0-1 and then got dumped out of the cup by a lowly 5th division side. Ok, they’ve had some injuries but it must be a real worry to fans as to how poor they’ve looked. Les Girondins don’t even look like scoring a single goal, it’s their main problem. That doesn’t bode well for them here because St Etienne have kept clean sheets in 7 of their last 8 ligue games. This is just one of those situations where I really can’t see how the hosts trouble Sainte’s defence much! Bordeaux at full strength and in a better situation are capable of more, but today I have to bet against them. They’ve already lost 4 times at home this season and I can see Les Verts adding to that tally. Taking them on a 0AH seems like a sensible option and the right call. Prediction: Bordeaux 0-2 St Etienne Recommended bet: St Etienne 0 @ 2.08 4/10 Other predictions today Lyon 2-1 Evian Monaco 1-2 Marseille (Marseille +0.75 @ 2.03 5/10 already advised 3 days ago) I quite fancy the overs in the Lyon game, but again the price and line don't really interest me. I'll put up a preview of Monaco - OM later on today.