** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16

Juicy but played Gateshead DNB at -200. Dont see them losing tonight. Brett Williams got a knock in the game on Saturday so might not be 100%
Good call on the DNB. Gateshead missed a 92nd minute penalty to leave the full time scoreline at 0-0.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly they didn't drift. So just took the 6s. Just shows you what advantage you get over people if you get to watch the games live or do some proper research and not just blindly follow the crowd because the stats say you should. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 very good call addpea. well done! Great for the Alfreton bet on thursday yes. let's hope they deliver. I skipped Gateshead thankfully, would have been a real bummer missed penalty that late in the game lol :D anyways good round guys.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 Decent on the fixed odds tonight with Basingstoke failing but wins for Ebbsfleet and Concord - the latter at a monster 13/2 (and, for a short spell this afternoon, 7s at Marathon and BetVics) - those big numbers always smell beautiuful. Less happy on the spreads with no goals in Gateshead/Shots for a 2.7 loss, Sinclair was subbed early for a 15 point loss, but Hyde's second came early enough for an 11 point profit at a decent stake. The Lee Hughes trade was a void. Tamworth went through after ET and pens. I haven't had chance to analyse the side, though Chadwick was subbed with about 20 to go when they were 2-1 up in normal time, presumably with an eye to Thursday, but anyone who stayed on the pitch for the 120 minutes will be feeling it after an hour on Thursday. This is all good news for early Alfreton backers. Good call by Princey on Curzon Ashton, and utterly sublime by addpea on Hyde - big number, beautiful smell! A good shout too on Hednesford/Stockport overs.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 Hilarious on a night like this to read on a Twitter feed from some mug who has set up a paid-for non-league tipping site that there is no non-league tipster around like him. That's only true if he is referring to his smugness, backed up by a lot of shouting on Twitter and a spreadsheet that looks as if was compiled about 15 minutes ago. Once you get into a groove with gambling - once it becomes business over pleasure - you also get a nose for the bullshit from the wannabees. The harder they shout, the less believable they are. The really pleasing thing about the threads here is that they are completely free of this nonsense. (And when they're not, I just delete it anyway!)

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 Alfreton look a cracking price at 2/1 on the -1 handicap with Paddys. As Ships points out above Tamworth are going to tire as the game goes on you can imagine that if it is even 0-0 with an hour gone that Alfreton will get more and more chances to get a 2 goal lead as the game goes on.

Alfreton look a cracking price at 2/1 on the -1 handicap with Paddys. As Ships points out above Tamworth are going to tire as the game goes on you can imagine that if it is even 0-0 with an hour gone that Alfreton will get more and more chances to get a 2 goal lead as the game goes on.
I totally agree with this and I will be backing "the half with most goals - 2nd half" @ evens with bet365.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 Tamworth only made two changes to the starting XI for the replay, with Andy Todd and Richard Baker not starting last night. The Tamworth outfield players who played 90 on Saturday and 120 last night are: Tony Capaldi, Wayne Thomas, new-boy Gavin Mahon and loanee defender Jordan Keane. Jack Evans and Lloyd Kerry (who played the 90 on Saturday) were subbed last night with 15 to go. The dangerous Luke Chadwick - the preferred choice as the one-man up in their preferred 4-1-4-1 formation - came off before the end of normal time. Andy Todd played the whole of the first game and was on the bench last night. Richard Peniket played the 120 last night but was subbed with 15 to go in the first game.

Good call on the DNB. Gateshead missed a 92nd minute penalty to leave the full time scoreline at 0-0.
ha yeah, Larkin hit the post in injury time as well! That was the icing on the cake after my bet on Forest Green/Grimsby Over 1 goal 1st half bet was voided due to floodlights failing :eyes

Sometimes going against the crowd pays off and you can be certain the crowd will be on Welling tonight as they host Hyde. Hyde had a spell a couple of months back where they were playing well and taking the lead before losing. Over Christmas they were missing some defenders and that meant they couldn't stop conceding. When they lost to Gateshead 4-0 reports suggested they were actually the better team until Gateshead got their 2nd. Then of course on Saturday they really should have beaten Southport but ended up conceding late on. I have backed Hyde 3 times this season and twice they have been in front in those games. They aren't that far away and this looks a winnable game for them tonight. I was at the Welling v Dartford match on Friday night and Welling were poor against a Dartford side who were on a long losing run. Welling's goal was a penalty and they barely threatened all game. Welling are missing crucial players at the moment and they are certainly no better than Southport. This isn't a bet to be lumping on but at 6/1 Hyde are value. I am also hoping that Welling get punted in before kick off as the sheep lump on the home side and we may get a bigger price on Hyde.
Great call on Hyde :clap

ha yeah' date=' Larkin hit the post in injury time as well! That was the icing on the cake after my bet on Forest Green/Grimsby Over 1 goal 1st half bet was voided due to floodlights failing :eyes[/quote'] You should get paid out on that bet as it had happened before the game got called off

Tamworth only made two changes to the starting XI for the replay, with Andy Todd and Richard Baker not starting last night. The Tamworth outfield players who played 90 on Saturday and 120 last night are: Tony Capaldi, Wayne Thomas, new-boy Gavin Mahon and loanee defender Jordan Keane. Jack Evans and Lloyd Kerry (who played the 90 on Saturday) were subbed last night with 15 to go. The dangerous Luke Chadwick - the preferred choice as the one-man up in their preferred 4-1-4-1 formation - came off before the end of normal time. Andy Todd played the whole of the first game and was on the bench last night. Richard Peniket played the 120 last night but was subbed with 15 to go in the first game.
Tamworth have signed Conor Waldon on loan from Swindon. He was at loan with us (Gloucester) and I saw him score a sublime goal against Worcester over Christmas. Was sad to see him leave as he was doing a decent job, but he didn't stand out from the 2 games I saw him in that he should be a Skrill Premier player.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 MrToffee (awesome name and avatar btw ;) ), the Frome - Banbury game was actually in-play on Bet365 tonight so could have been followed there, but in general the best place to keep up to date with matches below Skrill Prem level is via club twitter pages :ok

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 I've ended up quite loaded up on Alfreton tonight, and looking forward to the game, most of the reasoning has already been provided and I'm following tips really but added a bit more after the cup game on Tuesday went to penalties, their fifth game in nine days. Belford made noises about '..whatever starting XI I put out tonight, I know they will give everything for me..' which suggests with the other knocks they have there might be some changes in there from the usual XI but as addpea said earlier in the thread they don't have much of a squad so I'm not sure what maneuverability they have available to them, certainly expect regulars Andy Todd, Ben Richards-Everton and Richie Baker to start after they were benched on Tuesday. Alfreton -0.5AH - 1.806 - pinnacle - 4 Points Alfreton -1.0AH - 2.45 - pinnacle - 3 Points Alfreton -1.5AH - 2.75 - bet365 - 2 Points Alfreton -2.0AH - 4.5 - bet365 - 1 Point

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 13-16 I would imagine Waldon will start as well given he off course will be pretty fresh. Not sure if he has played any games since he left us at the end of December or not. Amazingly the Racing Post preview of the game failed to mention that Tamworth played on Tuesday night and somehow tipped up the draw!

Amazingly the Racing Post preview of the game failed to mention that Tamworth played on Tuesday night and somehow tipped up the draw!
I too noticed this and thought there was a slight lack of research in them tipping the draw without consideration of Tuesday night's game.