** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Masters - 12-19 Jan

kevshat

Re: The Masters - 12-19 Jan

deserved to win my arse lol. Fu 4-1 up and on the table and loses 6-4. Higgins 5-3 up and on the table loses 6-5. Bonkers! Higgins definitely deserved to win for me. Fu should of taken his chance because Murphy was awful first 5 frames. I have Robertson on the outright but I do fancy Maguire today so I'll leave that one alone. Walden also could provide a scare but again I'll leave that because Ronnie could win 6-0 or he could throw it away.
Fu didn't deserve to win because he didn't have the balls to take on shots when he needed to. Higgins didn't deserve to win because he missed a simple brown to seal the match. It doesn't matter if you were 4-1 up or 5-3 up, if you don't have the bottle to see out a match, you don't deserve it.

Re: The Masters - 12-19 Jan I disagree completely. Selby only won because of that cheeky double at 5-5 and he was lucky to get back to 5-5. His reaction to winning said it all. Both matches could of easily been a result the other way.

I disagree completely.
I don't care if you disagree. :lol At the end of the day Higgins had his chance to win the match, he missed a simple simple brown into the top left pocket. It was his own fault he lost the match, you don't give players as good as Selby a second bite of the cherry and get away with it. And that cheeky double was a sublime shot, that took a lot of balls. Of course, Fu & Higgins easily could have won and should have won, they had good leads.

I don't care if you disagree. :lol At the end of the day Higgins had his chance to win the match, he missed a simple simple brown into the top left pocket. It was his own fault he lost the match, you don't give players as good as Selby a second bite of the cherry and get away with it. And that cheeky double was a sublime shot, that took a lot of balls. Of course, Fu & Higgins easily could have won and should have won, they had good leads.
I don't care either lol I just don't see how anyone can think that Murphy and especially Selby deserved to win there. The double was a good shot ofcourse, but it could of went either way in that match and it never should of gone to 5-5. I don't deny that's Higgins/Fu's fault though. I do think Higgins played the better for the majority though. He was even beating Selby at safety on that black to go 5-3 up. Shame he didn't see it through. On a side note Selby seems to need to go behind to play his best snooker.

Fu didn't deserve to win because he didn't have the balls to take on shots when he needed to. Higgins didn't deserve to win because he missed a simple brown to seal the match. It doesn't matter if you were 4-1 up or 5-3 up, if you don't have the bottle to see out a match, you don't deserve it.
I'm sure John Higgins has lost many matches for many different reasons but not having the bottle is not one of them. I'm inclined to agree with Fader, it's difficult for you to justify 'deserved to win' in the situations described here. Fader, it's 'should HAVE' and 'could HAVE' not 'should of' or 'could of.' I told you that just a day or two ago and you've gone and made the same simple mistake 4 times in your last few posts alone. Come on mate, you're an adult, learn from your mistakes!!!

I'm sure John Higgins has lost many matches for many different reasons but not having the bottle is not one of them. I'm inclined to agree with Fader, it's difficult for you to justify 'deserved to win' in the situations described here. Fader, it's 'should HAVE' and 'could HAVE' not 'should of' or 'could of.' I told you that just a day or two ago and you've gone and made the same simple mistake 4 times in your last few posts alone. Come on mate, you're an adult, learn from your mistakes!!!
You are on your last warning yet again. Keep causing grief on the forum "Theresnolimit" and you are a gonner, again. Although text English is forbidden, this is not an English grammar school and you certainly will not be the one giving out the orders around here, that job is for the owner!

You are on your last warning yet again. Keep causing grief on the forum "Theresnolimit" and you are a gonner, again. Although text English is forbidden, this is not an English grammar school and you certainly will not be the one giving out the orders around here, that job is for the owner!
Sorry, I didn't mean to cause grief, I just kept seeing the same mistake from the same person and wanted to help them correct it. I'd expect someone to do the same to me if I kept making the same error in my writing (or betting) as well.

Re: The Masters - 12-19 Jan Semi final previews: 4pts M.Selby vs S.Murphy - Over 9.5 frames 6/5 Paddy Power If this semi final goes to the form of the week so far then Shaun Murphy will win it. Those of you who followed the tournament preview will effectively be on Murphy at 14/1 for this semi final and there’s no need to go in again but we’ve seen how hard it is to beat Selby in this tournament so even if Murphy wins there’s a good chance he is going to have to work hard. The same goes the other way so over 9.5 frames looks a really good bet to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-murphy-betting-the-two-friends-can-go-deep-in-the-semi-final 4pts R.O'Sullivan vs S.Maguire - Over 9.5 frames 5/4 Coral I think this has the makings of a good semi final. Stephen Maguire backs down from no challenge and Ronnie respects Maguire enough to play a good standard against him. If Maguire can get stuck in early on and push O’Sullivan all the way before the interval then he’ll more than fancy his chances here. I fancy a close match between two players in decent nick. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/o-sullivan-vs-maguire-betting-maguire-can-keep-this-semi-final-close

Re: The Masters - 12-19 Jan The price available on maguire is humongous. I watched him against Robbertson last night and he played really well. Against Perry he played unbelievable before the break. Ronnie is not invincible - I only saw him against Milkins and he left him in a couple of times so 6-1 could have been 6-3 6-4. I cannot turn down the 4.33 available on Maguire at Sportingbet so i'm going in big.

Re: The Masters - 12-19 Jan Final preview: 4pts M.Selby (+2.5 frames) to beat R.O'Sullivan Evs Boylesports Selby has won three of the last four meetings between these two and he loves this venue and tournament so I think he is worth backing in this final. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this goes the distance or close to it but I don’t think the Jester is going to give his title up without a fight. O’Sullivan hasn’t really been tested in the tournament yet, part of that has been his own good play and part the incapability of his opponents. He’ll certainly be made to battle here and I like Selby with a 2.5 frame start. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/o-sullivan-vs-selby-betting-mark-selby-can-push-the-rocket-close-in-the-defence-of-his-title