Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

January 6 - January 12

Re: January 6 - January 12 Guillermo Garcia-Lopez to beat David Ferrer @ 6.20 Betfair Ferrer still doesn't look right to me at the moment, and if he was playing to his usual standard then I don't think it would have taken him three sets to beat Young in his last match. Garcia-Lopez has had a couple of tough matches to get to this stage, beating both Haase and Giraldo in three sets. That doesn't look like the kind of form that would give him a chance against Ferrer, but it does at least suggest that he is motivated this week. Quite a few favourites have lost in the last few days, and with the Australian Open so close that's not so surprising. Although Ferrer has done well here in previous years, he has a lot of points to defend at the first Grand Slam of the season and it may be that those points are his priority. Garcia-Lopez is competent on hard and beat Nadal on the surface a few years ago, and with the form Ferrer is in coupled with the possibility that his mind might be elsewhere, I like the look of this price.

Re: January 6 - January 12 Much better. Quick bet on Matosevic to win 2-0 (Vs Stakhovsky) 2pts M.Matosevic to beat S.Stakhovsky 2-0 2.50 Bet365 I think Matosevic, like Tomic at home will be come through. Stak's serve will be key and if he is on song he is going to give Mato problems hence the low stake.

Re: January 6 - January 12 Back Gilles Simon to beat Richard Gasquet for a 4/10 stake at 2.00 with William Hill Richard Gasquet has already voiced his concerns about the upcoming Australian Open, saying that he doesn't feel ready fitness-wise, so I am not sure what this price is about. It is an exhibition match, after all, and Simon should be up for his more than Gasquet, who nearly lost against Thompson (!) yesterday. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/simon-vs-gasquet-betting-gilles-simon-looks-good-value-to-defeat-richard-gasquet-on-friday Back Klara Zakopalova (+1.5 sets) to beat Samantha Stosur for a 4/10 stake at 1.87 with Pinnacle Good result from Stosur against Bojana Jovanovski, but I don't think that she deserves to be priced as such a huge favourite against Zakopalova based on that alone. The Czech is yet to drop a set in Hobart and is playing well both in the singles and the doubles, so she should get a set - or even more - against the world's number seventeen. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zakopalova-vs-stosur-betting-klara-zakopalova-can-hinder-stosur-s-chances-of-prevailing-in-hobart Back Estrella Cabeza-Candela (+6) to beat Garbine Muguruza Blanco for a 4/10 stake at 1.83 with Pinnacle Alright, so Muguruza Blanco is the better player of the two. But isn't this handicap a touch off nonetheless? I certainly believe that it is, as Cabeza-Candela actually leads the H2H record by two wins to one and the conditions aren't fast enough to push her out of the match completely. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cabeza-candela-vs-muguruza-blanco-betting-a-tight-contest-might-be-on-the-cards-in-the-all-spanish-meeting

Re: January 6 - January 12 4pts B.Tomic to beat S.Stakhovsky 2-0 Eves Bet365 Tomic won pretty comfortably 2-0 in his last match and Stakhovsky I was surprised with. I fancied Matosevic to win that one and he was a couple of break points up there but stakhovsky won the match with ease. Tomic is the much better player for me and these 2 played in 2012 on the outdoor hard with Tomic coming through in straight sets 7-6 6-3. Here he is on home courts too and evens seems a decent price

Re: January 6 - January 12 Dmitry Tursunov to beat Juan Martin Del Potro @ 5.40 Betfair Del Potro hasn't looked at his fluent best so far in this tournament, and so I don't think he should be such a strong favourite against Tursunov. The Russian had a comeback season last year, and should be looking to improve his ranking still further during the next twelve months. He took a set off Del Potro in their last meeting in Cincinatti last season, and if he can find a way to get ahead in this match Del Potro might not strain too hard to get back into it with the Australian Open on the horizon. Yen-Hsun Lu to beat David Ferrer @ 5.40 Betfair It's not so much that I'm particularly keen to back Lu here, but I can't ignore the struggles that Ferrer has had so far this week. It took him three sets to see off Young, and three sets to get the better of Garcia-Lopez. Lu hasn't had to beat too much to get to this stage, but he has won three matches and so he should be feeling good about his game. He took a set when he played Ferrer at this tournament last year, and I think the price about a win for him here is too high.

Re: January 6 - January 12 Won't see 1.62 about Murray against anyone outside the top 6 players for a while so to me this is value. I know Hewitt beat Federer and is in some decent form but Murray has the power to break Hewitt here and notch up a good win going into the Aus open after losing to F.Mayer on new years day? If Murray is anywhere near his best this shouldn't be a problem for him so I'm hitting this match reasonably hard. 6u Murray to beat Hewitt @ 1.62 (sportingbet) 2u Murray to beat Hewitt 2-0 @ 2.50 (sportingbet) 2u Murray to bear Hewitt -2.5 game @ 1.95 (sportingbet)

Re: January 6 - January 12 I think I may have found a bit of value with the Tennis final in Sydney this week. I was already on Tomic before the start of the Tournament but as it's gone on I've fancied him to win it more and more. He's now in the final against Juan Martin del Potro. Odds of 11/4 available in places for Tomic to win. A run down of the key points for me as to why Tomic can beat Del Potro: * Home advantage. * Tomic won this tournament last year (albeit with nobody of the calibre of Del Potro involved). * Tomic's dad has been banned from attending all tournaments after assaulting Tomic's training partner last year, he has been allowed to attend this tournament, the first one he has in around 8 months. * Tomic has drawn Nadal in the first round in the Australian Open so he may see this as his last chance to win anything on home soil this year. Won't be as concerned about Fatigue if he's only expecting to be in one round in the Open. * Del Potro has already dropped sets against inferior players (Stepanek & Mahut). Points which put me off slightly: * H2H record reads 1-0 to Del Potro, on the same surface. * Tomic possibly a little fatigued from longer semi final, has come out and said possibly tired. I think that the odds should probably be a little closer to 1/2 & 2/1 than the bookies have marked them up.

Re: January 6 - January 12 Back Klara Zakopalova to beat Garbine Muguruza Blanco for a 4/10 stake at 2.37 with Pinnacle Zakopalova is playing superb tennis right now, she is in the final in both the singles and the doubles section, so I fancy her at these odds. I would not have her above evens here, as I still rate her as the better player of the two, so this price looks tremendous to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/zakopalova-vs-muguruza-blanco-betting-klara-zakopalova-can-finish-things-off-with-a-victory-in-the-finals Back Vera Dushevina to beat Ying-Ying Duan for a 4/10 stake at 1.84 with Pinnacle I am obviously a bit worried by the odds movement, but there is a gap in quality here and I fancy Dushevina to be up for this given how much is on the line. I don't know much about Ying-Ying Duan, but the records book don't point to her being massively talented, so I am willing to have a play on the better and also the more experienced player here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dushevina-vs-duan-betting-vera-dushevina-looks-value-to-make-it-through-to-the-australian-open

Re: January 6 - January 12

Looking at the ATP 250 in Sydney, I think that Del Potro offers a terrific price for overall winner He is way better than the rest of the field, I think the only top 20 player in the draw. This guy is seriously good, especially on hardcourt, and I expect him to take care of all comers here. Happy with even money for him to win it
Del Potro looking great. Crushed Tomic.