** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9

Yes' date=' looks like the compiler has pulled it. It was listed under 'English County Cups' and I'm guessing it'll be in-running tonight.[/quote'] Do you know why they would have an in-play market but no pre-match one?

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 The match is not on Bet 365's in play diary so I can only guess they have taken it off. In play games are based on if someone is going to the ground and reporting from there and from what I can tell it is a company who provides this for all bookies and that is why you get random games like this popping up from time to time. I guess it is up to the individual bookie if they decide to take bets on the game or not. Again my hunch is after Ships post they have scrapped the game from both the coupon and the in play later.

You can always tell there is a lack of football on by more posts in here and the short price bankers always get smashed off the boards as happened last night. That treble I put up would have been much bigger earlier in the day. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

You can always tell there is a lack of football on by more posts in here and the short price bankers always get smashed off the boards as happened last night.
But doesn't it also mean that non-league games get more coverage from the bookies?

But doesn't it also mean that non-league games get more coverage from the bookies?
You will get more in running games which can come in handy if you want to lay off at anytime or back a team in running. Just makes me laugh though that people steam in teams they surely know little about. I searched for Hemel on Twitter last night and it was full of people who had them in an acca. If they had lost you then get the I should never bet on non-league Tweet.

Although it's a mug's game to be betting on Durham County Cup games' date=' I just can't help myself... Bet365 are offering 5/6 Gateshead-Gateshead HT-FT on their home tie with Darlington 1883 tonight. The approaches to the game are quite different: Gateshead are giving game time to first-teamers who've been on the bench - Micky Cummins, Rob Ramshaw, Liam Hatch, Adam Boyes, Luke O'Brien and Joe Tait. There's the makings of a decent side there, and the rest of the squad will be made up youngsters. Darlo, in contrast, is [i']all kids - they are sending their U18 squad as Martin Gray wants no first-teamers risked for the league campaign. Three quid to get in, if you're passing.
great info Ships many thanks

Very very easy tonight, your dough was never in danger Ships. That kid Daniels doesn't look much to look at but he can play for sure, though one thing doing it against 17yr old Darlo players, another doing it against gnarled Conference defenders every week Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Although it's a mug's game to be betting on Durham County Cup games' date=' I just can't help myself... Bet365 are offering 5/6 Gateshead-Gateshead HT-FT on their home tie with Darlington 1883 tonight. The approaches to the game are quite different: Gateshead are giving game time to first-teamers who've been on the bench - Micky Cummins, Rob Ramshaw, Liam Hatch, Adam Boyes, Luke O'Brien and Joe Tait. There's the makings of a decent side there, and the rest of the squad will be made up youngsters. Darlo, in contrast, is [i']all kids - they are sending their U18 squad as Martin Gray wants no first-teamers risked for the league campaign. Three quid to get in, if you're passing.
Tasty price on sportingbet 12/5 over 3.5 Gateshead goals snapped it up

Tasty price on sportingbet 12/5 over 3.5 Gateshead goals snapped it up
Awesome. Now you just need to build yourself a time machine with your winnings, go back to before kick off, post your selection with your reasons for backing it, then you can have all the handshakes and backslaps you can handle :zzz Sent from my GT-I9300 using PL Forum

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 The live game tonight should go ahead and it's quite a tricky one to call. Hereford, with a small squad, have looked tight and organised in recent weeks. Forest Green have gone have from underperforming under Dave Hockaday to underperforming under Ady Pennock. The approach, perhaps, is a little more direct now, but they've had to reshape their defence on an almost match-by-match basis and they haven't got the blend right up front (both of these problems dogged Hockaday). But I think tonight might be different. Damon Lathorpe's loan spell at Hereford has ended - he's been working the ball well in midfield and Hereford's perky form started with his arrival. FGR have, of course, signed Lee Hughes, and he's clearly going to be the key element of the strike force: the next few weeks will be about finding the right blend around him. Defensively, they look to have a better line-up tonight with a proper centre back pairing and right backs and left backs where they should be. Midfield is a bit of a worry - they have lacked energy in this area, but perhaps that's just getting used to Pennock's less artistic, more direct approach. It'll help that Hereford are weaker in this area than they have been. Rather than sell the time of FGR's second goal, which is a trade I have pursued in recent weeks, I'm going to chance a buy of FGR shirt numbers at 32 (Spreadex and Sporting). The last five FGR home games have produced an average of almost 31, and the last two have seen make-ups of 55 and 41. Lee Hughes wears 29.

The live game tonight should go ahead and it's quite a tricky one to call. Hereford' date=' with a small squad, have looked tight and organised in recent weeks. Forest Green have gone have from underperforming under Dave Hockaday to underperforming under Ady Pennock. The approach, perhaps, is a little more direct now, but they've had to reshape their defence on an almost match-by-match basis and they haven't got the blend right up front (both of these problems dogged Hockaday). But I think tonight might be different. Damon Lathorpe's loan spell at Hereford has ended - he's been working the ball well in midfield and Hereford's perky form started with his arrival. FGR have, of course, signed Lee Hughes, and he's clearly going to be the key element of the strike force: the next few weeks will be about finding the right blend around him. Defensively, they look to have a better line-up tonight with a proper centre back pairing and right backs and left backs where they should be. Midfield is a bit of a worry - they have lacked energy in this area, but perhaps that's just getting used to Pennock's less artistic, more direct approach. It'll help that Hereford are weaker in this area than they have been. Rather than sell the time of FGR's second goal, which is a trade I have pursued in recent weeks,[b'] I'm going to chance a buy of FGR shirt numbers at 32 (Spreadex and Sporting). The last five FGR home games have produced an average of almost 31, and the last two have seen make-ups of 55 and 41. Lee Hughes wears 29.
wtf, you are betting on shirt numbers?! :unsure

wtf' date=' you are betting on shirt numbers?! :unsure[/quote'] It's the dark art of spread betting, TheAnswer. The market is made up of the combined shirt numbers of the Forest Green scorers, as I think they'll do okay tonight. It can make up 0 if they don't score (and I lose 32 times my stake), or if Jared Hodgkiss (No 2) scores a hat-trick it'll only make up six and I'll lose 26 points. That's the risk element. But I'm banking on them notching and with some high shirt numbers up front it could make up well. I'm not the only one buying as both Spreadex and Sporting have moved the spread up a point.

do you think Shipsupstreets that a valute bet on a home win tonight?
Addpea can answer this better as I concentrate on the spread markets in this league and don't work out my own percentages as I do for the leagues further down. But instinctively, and based on where I'd put the match supremacy spread, the best fixed odds price of 8/11 is a touch higher than I'd set it though not screaming value.