** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9

Addpea is it clever to play today on Halifax odd is excelent 2' date='00 they should win?[/quote'] Its a tricky one. Usually I would be backing Halifax, but Salisbury have had a bit of a break so every chance they will be fresher than their hosts tonight and because of that I am not sure the home side are much value.

Its a tricky one. Usually I would be backing Halifax' date=' but Salisbury have had a bit of a break so every chance they will be fresher than their hosts tonight and because of that I am not sure the home side are much value.[/quote'] To underline this point, Salisbury travelled up yesterday afternoon. They still have some team issues, with Dan Fitchett and Elliot Frear needing a fitness test, though both have travelled and I wouldn't be surprised to see both start. Robbie Sinclair is fit and Jamie White may make the bench. I agree with addpea that this is hard game to call, though as I pointed out at the weekend Dan Gardiner is a key loss for Halifax. A sell of Salisbury's 2nd goal time at 78 is a sporting play tonight (Spreadex, Sporting Index).

I have already taken what I thought was a great price on Halifax @ 2.05 but have just now checked their recent schedule and this will be their 7th game in 17 days which is not good :(
yes it's a heavy schedule while Salisbury haven't had a game since 28th. But Elliot Frear and top scorer Fitchett are 50/50 so if they dont play then Halifax could still be the right side. Defenders Ruddick and Dutton are still out as well, and last season's top scorer Jamie White is still not 100% fit and Ben Wright was loaned to Basingstoke so they dont have a lot of attacking options if Fitchett doesnt start

I read on Boston site that Workingston will be without 4 important players ("Their cause is not aided by the fact four players are unable to travel due to work commitments, including experienced central defenders Kyle May and Lee Andrews") Workingston are one of the worst teams in this league so I can't see anything else than a hw for Boston (1 @ 1.40 9/10) I will take this in a double with Valencia +1 (I think Atletico will be focused on their game with Barcelona)
No Banega and Jonas for valencia, and Simeone has named a full squad

No Banega and Jonas for valencia' date=' and Simeone has named a full squad[/quote'] Valencia has deep squad and Atletico is not team like Barca or Real to lead war on 3 fronts this front is less inportant and Atletico players will take care not to get injury before life game with Barca on weekend. Valencia +0.25 is 8/10. bet Man utd is 9/10 bet but I am weiting froma our lower league experts Addpea (Conference league) and Ship (lower league) one clever pick.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 I am surprised to see that there is no word on Lincoln-Alfreton's game.While Lincoln's problems were well documented they seem to be gaining form drawing against Luton at home.Of course the bad weather was on their side too but still a good result that was.Alfreton was on a good run before they were defeated by Barnet a few days back but H2H games between those two show that Alfreton had never lose when they were on the road winning all three games.Anyway i don't have the balls to go with straight AW here so i am on 2 DNB without knowing any team news.

yes it's a heavy schedule while Salisbury haven't had a game since 28th. But Elliot Frear and top scorer Fitchett are 50/50 so if they dont play then Halifax could still be the right side. Defenders Ruddick and Dutton are still out as well' date=' and last season's top scorer Jamie White is still not 100% fit and Ben Wright was loaned to Basingstoke so they dont have a lot of attacking options if Fitchett doesnt start[/quote'] I wonder if they would have travelled north without Wright (who has been on the bench for much of the season) unless the manager had a strong feeling that his strikeforce is sorted for tonight? That's just a guess, but Salisbury probably wouldn't have agreed to a loan unless they thought that Wright wouldn't be needed. Jamie White hasn't been 100 per cent fit for ages, but that hasn't stopped him contributing. Luke Ruddick is a loss but Brian Dutton has been on the bench recently.

I am surprised to see that there is no word on Lincoln-Alfreton's game.While Lincoln's problems were well documented they seem to be gaining form drawing against Luton at home.Of course the bad weather was on their side too but still a good result that was.Alfreton was on a good run before they were defeated by Barnet a few days back but H2H games between those two show that Alfreton had never lose when they were on the road winning all three games.Anyway i don't have the balls to go with straight AW here so i am on 2 DNB without knowing any team news.
A really tough game to call! The compilers have been slow to catch on to Lincoln's additional personnel and more expansive approach - they simply don't go into this with the detail that we do here. If I bothered with fixed odds at this level, I'd say that 17/10 Lincoln is probably value, though I'm certainly not playing. Alfreton were missing Paul Clayton on Saturday, and if he is missing again the advantage swings further to the home side. It's very hard to second guess the Lincoln team tonight, but they are after another striker today, apparently. They have many more options than they did three weeks ago and won't be lacking in confidence.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 Halifax game is now off. If I was to back anything in the Lincoln game it would be the draw. I am still not sure Lincoln are going to suddenly start scoring loads of goals and they don't concede many either at home. I know Ships rate them higher than I do though.

yes it's a heavy schedule while Salisbury haven't had a game since 28th. But Elliot Frear and top scorer Fitchett are 50/50 so if they dont play then Halifax could still be the right side. Defenders Ruddick and Dutton are still out as well' date=' and last season's top scorer Jamie White is still not 100% fit and Ben Wright was loaned to Basingstoke so they dont have a lot of attacking options if Fitchett doesnt start[/quote'] I just think at this time of season when games are being played on heavy pitches a little break can be an advantage. I am not saying Halifax won't win but I can't help thinking that fact doesn't make them value.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 Opposing Staines away from home has been very profitable of late and I was unfortunate not to collect again on Saturday when they equalized with the last kick of the game against Bath. 6/4 is the biggest price on Whitehawk and I was hoping for a little bigger, but Staines have lost to worse teams away this season so I am still happy to take it and they had Saturday off. I am also happy to back Dulwich at a shade of odds against as has already been mentioned on here. They are my local side although not had chance to see them in a while, but they are in cracking form and can go top tonight. The final bet is a treble on the three home sides who look bankers Boston, Hemel and Stourbridge.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 Gainsborough - Altrincham Three days ago Gainsborough at home received the biggest defeat of the season 1-5 against Stockport , a team from the bottom of the table. Today take on Altrincham which ranks the 3rd and scored the most goals in the league. In addition problems, as defender Young (20/0) is out with a back injury. Altrincham with strikers Walshaw (12 goals) and Reeves (12 goals) in good form can score 4-5 times tonight. Recall that last year this fixture ended 2-4 with all 4 goals of Altrincham coming in the first 36 minutes by a single man, Reeves. My call 2-5 Tip: Over 4.5 goals at 4.50 Bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 I've sold the time of the 2nd Lincoln goal tonight, 78 with Spreadex. It's not the line-up I was expecting but with Sam-Yorke as the focus of attack with Nick Wright and Mitch Austin either side in their hybrid 4-5-1/4-3-3. It's a decent Alfreton line-up, too, with Akinde, Clayton and Godfery Poku all starting - despite Alfreton's weary limbs, I expect a lively game.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 Decent night: Lincoln's second came on 21 for a chunky 57-point profit. Hemel duly won also, but as Coral's price only held for half an hour after I posted on here I'm not claiming that. Excellent shouts by hotpotkid on Hemel/Stourbridge, and by addpea on Boston/Hemel/Stourbridge - a great combo. And call of the night is KavkaZ on Gainsborough/Alty over 4.5 - a wonderful price to land at.

Re: England > Midweek > Non-league Jan 6-9 Although it's a mug's game to be betting on Durham County Cup games, I just can't help myself... Bet365 are offering 5/6 Gateshead-Gateshead HT-FT on their home tie with Darlington 1883 tonight. The approaches to the game are quite different: Gateshead are giving game time to first-teamers who've been on the bench - Micky Cummins, Rob Ramshaw, Liam Hatch, Adam Boyes, Luke O'Brien and Joe Tait. There's the makings of a decent side there, and the rest of the squad will be made up youngsters. Darlo, in contrast, is all kids - they are sending their U18 squad as Martin Gray wants no first-teamers risked for the league campaign. Three quid to get in, if you're passing.