Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan

After the PDC have had their World Championship the BDO stage their version at the Lakeside. The tournament is bigger than ever this year with 40 men and 16 women in the respective tournaments and every session is live on BBC be it on TV or the red button and online. The draw looks very competitive this year so hopefully this will be a good tournament. Draw: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/darts/25389914 Schedule/Format: http://www.lakesideworlddarts.co.uk/schedule.php

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Tournament preview: 2pts ew T.O'Shea to win BDO World Championship 14/1 Ladbrokes (1/2 1-2) If we look at recent Lakeside records one man with as good a record as any is Tony O’Shea. In the last five years Silverback has reached three finals and a semi final and the only thing he hasn’t done is gone on to win the title. He comes into this event in good form if a little short of silverware but we saw in the Grand Slam how well he is playing when he regularly averaged over 95 which is very good for this level. He could face Wolfie in the first round but were he to get past him the draw opens up a lot until the semi final where you’ll rarely get an easy draw. At 14/1 with his recent record the veteran is worth a go here. 1pt ew P.Jennings to win BDO World Championship 55/1 Bet365 (1/2 1-2) One man who is in the weaker top half of the draw and looks a big price is Paul Jennings. He has a tricky looking opener against Wesley Harms but with plenty of rumours going around that Harms is switching to the PDC after this tournament he may not be as committed as he might have been in years gone by. We’ve seen Jennings go well in this tournament before. Jennings has made the quarter finals in both years he’s been in this tournament, losing to eventual champion Scott Waites last year but he’s had some good results on the tour this year and if he is catching Harms at the right time and beats him the draw will open up and he can do some damage at a decent price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bdo-world-championship-betting-tony-o-shea-can-finally-land-the-holy-grail-at-lakeside

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Bunting to win 9/4 most bookies Wilson e/w 12/1 Sportingbet I'm convinced that the winner will come from one of these two. When Bunting won the World Masters in October without losing a single set he looked nailed on for victory in the word champs. He regularly averages in the high 90's: something most BDO players can only dream about. He is sometimes a little sloppy on his doubles but his high scoring should ensure that he has plenty of darts at the doubles. In last year's world champs he was looking impressive until his from inexplicably left him half way through the match with Fitton. I don't envisage that happening again and I would be surprised if we don't see him in the final. He has been trading a 5/2 for ages but that has now gone however I would still back him at 9/4 as he is undoubtedly the best and most consistent BDO player Despite being whitewashed 7-0 by Bunting in the World Masters final; Wilson surprisingly reversed that form with a 5-1 victory over Bunting in the final of the Zuiderduin Masters. Admittedly Bunting seemed a little below par but that victory shows that he is a serious contender. His game seems to be getting better and better and he has certainly come a long way since he was a contestant on Bullseye. For a player seeded no.2 the 25/1 that has been available seems incredibly generous. He has now come into 12/1 but even that seems a great price. I think that there is every chance of seeing the "Jammie Dodger" in the final.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Michael to beat Razma -1.5 sets 11/8 Boylesport I don't know much about Razma but from what I do know he looks well out of his depth here. Yes he's got to the final of the Estonian and Latvian masters recently but with averages in the 70's that doesn't cut it at this level. John Michael is probably best known for his 6-3 defeat to Phil Taylor in he European champs a few years ago. He is no world beater but he plays at a higher level and with averages in the high 80's looks a class above his opponent. I would need Michael to have a very bad day at the office not to cover the 1.5 sets handicap and the 11/8 on offer is much more generous than I anticipated.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Following on from Tadley's post above I've had a small play on John Michael in the outright market at 200/1. Clearly he is no world beater but he gave Taylor a game in that European Championship match a couple of years back and was making a good impression in the World Masters prior to running into a Stephen Bunting who was miles too good for everyone that weekend. He's capable of 90+ averages which at this level makes you very dangerous and while I'm not expecting a return on the investment I'll pay to see if I get one at a price which is probably double what it should be.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Waites, S v Norris, A (13:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.05 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.88 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cameron, D v Adams, M (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.17 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Harms, W v Jennings, P (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.83 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Razma, M v Michael, J (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.64 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.79 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Kemp, H v Meaney, M (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] de Graaf, J v Atkins, M (19:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.73 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.32 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.91 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 5 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shimizu, H v Kist, C (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9.2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.09 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Green, R v George, R (14:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.84 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robson, G v Meulenkamp, R (14:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Day, M v Head, S (18:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.44 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Widmayer, J v Thompson, G (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.11 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] van Eijden, R v Hofstra, R (19:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 6 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Player 1 [/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fitton, D v Eccles, T (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.01 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Sedlacek, K v Hogan, P (15:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dekker, J v Van de Pas, B (16:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]97.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Geerdink, J v Prins, D (18:30 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts S.Waites vs A.Norris - Over 7.5 180s 4/5 Betfred These are two of the better players in the tournament and I expect plenty of high scoring while the game is going on. Waites is a worthy favourite but he’s a bit on the short side given the danger his opponent possesses. Both men know their way to the treble 20 though and given that the match should go at least four sets if not all five I think the 7.5 180 line is well within reach here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-norris-betting-opening-game-of-the-tournament-can-include-a-lot-of-180s 4pts M.Adams (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Cameron Evs Paddy Power It isn’t taking anything away from Wolfie to say that he isn’t the player he was but I still think he’ll be too good for Cameron here. Experience is a big thing on the Lakeside stage. We’ve seen some real meltdowns on this stage because for amateur players this is the holy grail. Adams is going to pound the tons and ton forties and all round I expect him to have far too much for the Canadian. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cameron-vs-adams-betting-martin-adams-should-be-far-too-good-in-the-preliminary-round 4pts W.Harms vs P.Jennings - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I think this has the potential to be one of the matches of the first round and with that in mind I think we’ll have a few legs in this one. The least I think we’ll get in this match is four sets but I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we end up going all the way here. With that in mind I’m happy to take over 16.5 legs in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harms-vs-jennings-betting-one-of-the-ties-of-the-round-can-be-a-lengthy-affair

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Saturday evening previews: 4pts J.Michael (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Razma 5/4 Paddy Power Both men got to the last 32 of the World Masters recently but although they didn’t play each other Michael averaged almost 10pts more than his opponent in that round and a repeat of that suggests that Michael will come through this with a bit in hand. When we factor in the big stage experience the Greek has too that should work into his favour even more so I’ll take Michael to come through here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/razma-vs-michael-betting-john-michael-should-be-too-good-for-the-latvian-at-the-lakeside 4pts H.Kemp to beat M.Meaney 11/10 Ladbrokes Given the strength of Australian darts at the minute there’s no reason why Harley Kemp should be odds against to win this match. Neither have played on the very big stage before so there is no experience edge for either so based purely on the fact that Australian darts is thriving and Kemp is very much a part of that I’m going to side with him as the value call in what could play out to be a tight match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kemp-vs-meaney-betting-harley-kemp-can-continue-australia-s-good-form 4pts J.de Graaf to beat M.Atkins 8/11 William Hill I like the Dutch youngster in this one. Martin Atkins is full of experience but he’s a journeyman really who has his best days behind him. He’ll be hoping the Lakeside brings out his best darts but he’ll probably need all of them to get past a confident de Graaf in this match. De Graaf was edged out by Jan Dekker in the first round here last year but he can make amends for that in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-graaf-vs-atkins-betting-jeffrey-de-graaf-can-break-his-lakeside-duck-on-saturday-night

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan

Saturday afternoon previews: 4pts S.Waites vs A.Norris - Over 7.5 180s 4/5 Betfred These are two of the better players in the tournament and I expect plenty of high scoring while the game is going on. Waites is a worthy favourite but he’s a bit on the short side given the danger his opponent possesses. Both men know their way to the treble 20 though and given that the match should go at least four sets if not all five I think the 7.5 180 line is well within reach here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/waites-vs-norris-betting-opening-game-of-the-tournament-can-include-a-lot-of-180s 4pts M.Adams (-2.5 sets) to beat D.Cameron Evs Paddy Power It isn’t taking anything away from Wolfie to say that he isn’t the player he was but I still think he’ll be too good for Cameron here. Experience is a big thing on the Lakeside stage. We’ve seen some real meltdowns on this stage because for amateur players this is the holy grail. Adams is going to pound the tons and ton forties and all round I expect him to have far too much for the Canadian. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/cameron-vs-adams-betting-martin-adams-should-be-far-too-good-in-the-preliminary-round 4pts W.Harms vs P.Jennings - Over 16.5 legs 10/11 Skybet I think this has the potential to be one of the matches of the first round and with that in mind I think we’ll have a few legs in this one. The least I think we’ll get in this match is four sets but I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we end up going all the way here. With that in mind I’m happy to take over 16.5 legs in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/harms-vs-jennings-betting-one-of-the-ties-of-the-round-can-be-a-lengthy-affair Saturday evening previews: 4pts J.Michael (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Razma 5/4 Paddy Power Both men got to the last 32 of the World Masters recently but although they didn’t play each other Michael averaged almost 10pts more than his opponent in that round and a repeat of that suggests that Michael will come through this with a bit in hand. When we factor in the big stage experience the Greek has too that should work into his favour even more so I’ll take Michael to come through here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/razma-vs-michael-betting-john-michael-should-be-too-good-for-the-latvian-at-the-lakeside 4pts H.Kemp to beat M.Meaney 11/10 Ladbrokes Given the strength of Australian darts at the minute there’s no reason why Harley Kemp should be odds against to win this match. Neither have played on the very big stage before so there is no experience edge for either so based purely on the fact that Australian darts is thriving and Kemp is very much a part of that I’m going to side with him as the value call in what could play out to be a tight match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kemp-vs-meaney-betting-harley-kemp-can-continue-australia-s-good-form 4pts J.de Graaf to beat M.Atkins 8/11 William Hill I like the Dutch youngster in this one. Martin Atkins is full of experience but he’s a journeyman really who has his best days behind him. He’ll be hoping the Lakeside brings out his best darts but he’ll probably need all of them to get past a confident de Graaf in this match. De Graaf was edged out by Jan Dekker in the first round here last year but he can make amends for that in this match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-graaf-vs-atkins-betting-jeffrey-de-graaf-can-break-his-lakeside-duck-on-saturday-night
Time to leave the BDO alone for this year after that horror show?

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Horror show yesterday. Hoping for a lot better today. Sunday evening previews: 3pts S.Head (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Day 9/10 Boylesports Head can clearly play the game. You don’t beat the players he’s beaten in 2013 if you can’t and if he can handle the pressure of the occasion then I think he has every right to come through this match and probably do it a shade cosily too. In truth we don’t know exactly what to expect from Day but previous New Zealand entrants suggest he’ll be no world beater so I’ll go with the youngster here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/day-vs-head-betting-sam-head-can-be-too-strong-for-the-kiwi-on-the-big-stage 4pts G.Thompson (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Widmayer 9/10 Boylesports I think Garry Thompson is the better player in this match anyway but his experience on the Lakeside stage should hold him in very good stead too. Widmayer hasn’t been to the Lakeside before so he may have a few nerves and American darts isn’t exactly flourishing at the minute. Thompson showed he still has it in him with his British Open win and he should have far too much for his opponent here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/widmayer-vs-thompson-betting-garry-thompson-should-see-off-the-american-with-plenty-in-hand 4pts R.van Eijden vs R.Hofstra - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Skybet These two look fairly evenly matched to me and I expect that to be shown on the oche too. The two will know each other well being the same age and from the same country so I don’t expect either to run away with this match and I wouldn’t be surprised if we need a final set to decide this one. It should be close throughout and so I expect there to be more than 16.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-eijden-vs-hofstra-betting-dutch-clash-can-go-all-the-way-at-the-lakeside

Horror show yesterday. Hoping for a lot better today. Sunday evening previews: 3pts S.Head (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Day 9/10 Boylesports Head can clearly play the game. You don’t beat the players he’s beaten in 2013 if you can’t and if he can handle the pressure of the occasion then I think he has every right to come through this match and probably do it a shade cosily too. In truth we don’t know exactly what to expect from Day but previous New Zealand entrants suggest he’ll be no world beater so I’ll go with the youngster here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/day-vs-head-betting-sam-head-can-be-too-strong-for-the-kiwi-on-the-big-stage 4pts G.Thompson (-1.5 sets) to beat J.Widmayer 9/10 Boylesports I think Garry Thompson is the better player in this match anyway but his experience on the Lakeside stage should hold him in very good stead too. Widmayer hasn’t been to the Lakeside before so he may have a few nerves and American darts isn’t exactly flourishing at the minute. Thompson showed he still has it in him with his British Open win and he should have far too much for his opponent here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/widmayer-vs-thompson-betting-garry-thompson-should-see-off-the-american-with-plenty-in-hand 4pts R.van Eijden vs R.Hofstra - Over 16.5 legs 5/6 Skybet These two look fairly evenly matched to me and I expect that to be shown on the oche too. The two will know each other well being the same age and from the same country so I don’t expect either to run away with this match and I wouldn’t be surprised if we need a final set to decide this one. It should be close throughout and so I expect there to be more than 16.5 legs here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-eijden-vs-hofstra-betting-dutch-clash-can-go-all-the-way-at-the-lakeside
Is this a wind-up??!? Time to leave the BDO alone for this year Kevshat, or at least not approach it in such a haphazard manner. I'd be worried that people are putting their faith in these tips and losing serious money on them.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Shambles of a start so far :sad. Plenty of time to turn it around starting with Monday. Monday afternoon previews: 4pts D.Fitton vs T.Eccles - Over 6.5 180s 11/10 Coral I think this will be a close match purely because I think Fitton will give Eccles plenty of chances to stay close. One thing I’m pretty confident with is that we’ll see a fair few 180s in this match. Fitton is as big a 180 scorer as there is in either code when he gets going while Eccles knows his way to the 60 as well. I can’t see this not going at least four sets so 6.5 180s looks a rather low line especially when you factor in Fitton has hit five and seven in his last two first round matches here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fitton-vs-eccles-betting-monday-s-opener-can-include-plenty-of-180s 3pts K.Sedlacek to beat P.Hogan 7/4 Boylesports I think the Czech player has a chance here. Paul Hogan isn’t the strongest opponent he could have drawn and Sedlacek can clear play the game. You don’t beat Darryl Fitton in a relatively big quarter final if you can’t so as long as he doesn’t get stage fright, and we’re seeing players thrive on the stage rather than be scared so far in the tournament, then he looks good value to win this one at 7/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sedlacek-vs-hogan-betting-paul-hogan-could-face-a-disappointing-return-to-the-lakeside 4pts J.Dekker vs B.van de Pas - Highest checkout over 118.5 5/6 Stan James Assuming van de Pas gives this tournament his full attention this should be a very good match. One trait of both players is how well they finish and I would expect to see a couple of high finishes in this one. Dekker is a very strong combination finisher and isn’t adverse to the 3 dart checkouts while van de Pas is competent too so there’s a good chance of a 119 checkout or higher here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dekker-vs-van-de-pas-betting-expect-some-high-finishing-in-the-all-dutch-clash

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan TheresNoLimit..........a haphazard manner? Kev's analysis and opinion is always backed up with sound reasoning. Betting is not an exact science. Did you think that Scott Waites would get turned over 3-0 in round one? Did you expect Michael Smith to knock Phil Taylor out of the PDC tournament? Kev has had two successive bad days, big deal. I haven't checked back on his PDC World Championship opinions but I would be surprised if he wasn't in profit at the end of the tournament. I would imagine most people on this thread enjoy Kev's write-ups and use his opinion and analysis to balance up or reinforce their own views and research. Anybody who puts complete blind faith in someone else's tips really has no cause for complaint if they end up losing. They can blame their own laziness.

Is this a wind-up??!? Time to leave the BDO alone for this year Kevshat, or at least not approach it in such a haphazard manner. I'd be worried that people are putting their faith in these tips and losing serious money on them.
Wow you are really being a prick. Do your own research, I haven't placed one single bet yet because I cannot find any decent stats at the moment. I read kevs previews and find them helpful but I only bet when I can back them up with some of my own findings. Where did you find the stats to back Kev? They are not there yet so clearly you haven't done your own research. The first round of any darts tournament is the toughest to predict because you never know with what form the players come to the stage. Apparently you know little or nothing about darts and want to put the blame on kev when you blindly followed him and lost money. Keep it up Kev it's a tough job, but at the moment the tournament seems still a bit of a lottery.

Wow you are really being a prick. Do your own research' date=' I haven't placed one single bet yet because I cannot find any decent stats at the moment. I read kevs previews and find them helpful but I only bet when I can back them up with some of my own findings. Where did you find the stats to back Kev? They are not there yet so clearly you haven't done your own research. The first round of any darts tournament is the toughest to predict because you never know with what form the players come to the stage. Apparently you know little or nothing about darts and want to put the blame on kev when you blindly followed him and lost money. Keep it up Kev it's a tough job, but at the moment the tournament seems still a bit of a lottery.[/quote'] Wrong place to get into this but needs to be said..... I didn't follow Kevshat. I said I was concerned for those who did. I HAVE done my own research and had my own bets on this tournament and am in profit so far. I don't really understand what is going on here. The way I see it there are two options. Either people's tips are not open to comment from other posters OR people's tips are open to praise and criticism from other people. You can't have it that people get a load of praise but aren't allowed criticism. Where is the consistency in that? When Kevshat picks a few winners there are people saying 'Brilliant, excellent tipping mate.' So equally Kevshat's tips have to be open for analysis when 9 (relatively short-priced) losing tips out of 9 have been offered. Again, my worry is for other people and their finances. This forum differs to 99.9% of other Internet forums in that the opinions offered here directly affect people's money and large sums of money are won and lost based on the opinions given here. That means we have a responsibility to others and we have to be careful with our posts. People will come here and see posters such as Kevshat who are hailed as 'God punters' with awards next to their name and assume that this means that the tips offered by these people are top notch. Again though, where is the balance? If there are awards for the good tips offered, where is it telling people that Kevshat picked 9 losing tips out of 9 on the 2014 BDO World Championship? What also worries me is that Kevshat hasn't learned from his/her mistakes and is still blindly/stubbornly plodding on with the same strategy. I decided before the tournament that it was too difficult/unpredictable to find bets around even money for every match so I would have to be more selective and have done so with a profit so far. Kevshat should have realised after Saturday that this was the case and certainly after 3 more disasters on Sunday but Monday's tips are up in exactly the same manner. It's obvious that less matches should be bet on and also a lot more bets that are away from around the even money mark. I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and have a treble tomorrow on all Kevshat's bets losing again. Knowing my luck this will be the day the tide turns and Kevshat scores a full house but after 9 out of 9 so far I fancy my chances a bit. This post will probably result in a ban for daring to criticise a 'God Punter' on the site but I'd hope I'm allowed an opinion without being banned. Nothing I've said has been offensive or insulting.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan TheresnoLimit, nobody is going to ban you for having an opinion ;) But at the end of the day, if you looked through Kev's profit/loss figures overall which I know myself, he is well up. If you followed Kev on the golf last year you would have made an absolute fortune, every punter no matter how good they are goes through a bad spell, even Hugh Taylor & Tom Segal. It is also worth noting that 99% of your posts are negative, you seem to have a serious attitude problem and you offer zilch to the forum. So I am sorry, nobody really cares about your opinion to be honest.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan There'sNoLimit - It's true that you haven't been offensive or insulting but your comments haven't been constructive in this thread. We should all be adults and capable of making our own decisions. Kev has never said "this WILL win" on any recommended bet so your concern for fellow punters is overly motherly. This is a sports betting discussion forum and Kev's selections provoke thought and discussion. Your comments may even deter other people from joining in. It's good to read the analysis on here and adds to my enjoyment of the event. Nothing beats watching sport with your own eyes and forming opinions in your own brain but the information provided on here is helpful, even if the selections don't always win. In his prediction for the Van Eijden/Hofstra match Kev said the underdog Hofstra had recently beaten Stephen Bunting 4-0 and that fact was in my mind in-running as I watched him win every single leg. The selection for a long match was wrong but the main reasoning behind it was right. That's how sports betting goes sometimes. Good luck with your bets later but if you're now blindly backing against all of Kev's selections without any proper reasoning then I think you'll need it.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Correct score Eccles to beat Fitton 3-2 9/1 Unibet 888 sport Going to have a cheek punt on Eccles to win 3-2. Despite the odds I don't believe that there is much between theses two. When they met 6 months ago in the English masters Eccles just edged it 3-2 and I see it being a similar score this time. Fitton has always been a big hitter but his checkout percentage is often a worry and if it comes down to a final set decider I think Eccles should have the consistency to win. Eccles may not be a crowd favourite after yo-yoing between organisations but he is usually competitive. At odds of 9/1 im happy to have a small punt.

Shambles of a start so far :sad. Plenty of time to turn it around starting with Monday. Monday afternoon previews: 4pts D.Fitton vs T.Eccles - Over 6.5 180s 11/10 Coral I think this will be a close match purely because I think Fitton will give Eccles plenty of chances to stay close. One thing I’m pretty confident with is that we’ll see a fair few 180s in this match. Fitton is as big a 180 scorer as there is in either code when he gets going while Eccles knows his way to the 60 as well. I can’t see this not going at least four sets so 6.5 180s looks a rather low line especially when you factor in Fitton has hit five and seven in his last two first round matches here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fitton-vs-eccles-betting-monday-s-opener-can-include-plenty-of-180s 3pts K.Sedlacek to beat P.Hogan 7/4 Boylesports I think the Czech player has a chance here. Paul Hogan isn’t the strongest opponent he could have drawn and Sedlacek can clear play the game. You don’t beat Darryl Fitton in a relatively big quarter final if you can’t so as long as he doesn’t get stage fright, and we’re seeing players thrive on the stage rather than be scared so far in the tournament, then he looks good value to win this one at 7/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sedlacek-vs-hogan-betting-paul-hogan-could-face-a-disappointing-return-to-the-lakeside 4pts J.Dekker vs B.van de Pas - Highest checkout over 118.5 5/6 Stan James Assuming van de Pas gives this tournament his full attention this should be a very good match. One trait of both players is how well they finish and I would expect to see a couple of high finishes in this one. Dekker is a very strong combination finisher and isn’t adverse to the 3 dart checkouts while van de Pas is competent too so there’s a good chance of a 119 checkout or higher here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/dekker-vs-van-de-pas-betting-expect-some-high-finishing-in-the-all-dutch-clash
Good luck today Kev :hope you've had some cracking results in the BDO over the years. We all know you will bounce back to true form:ok

Correct score Eccles to beat Fitton 3-2 9/1 Unibet 888 sport Going to have a cheek punt on Eccles to win 3-2. Despite the odds I don't believe that there is much between theses two. When they met 6 months ago in the English masters Eccles just edged it 3-2 and I see it being a similar score this time. Fitton has always been a big hitter but his checkout percentage is often a worry and if it comes down to a final set decider I think Eccles should have the consistency to win. Eccles may not be a crowd favourite after yo-yoing between organisations but he is usually competitive. At odds of 9/1 im happy to have a small punt.
Don't read too much into their game at the English Masters being 3-2. That was legs not sets.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Anyone can say they are in profit after the event. And this tournament has been a complete lottery so anyone who says they are up after the first 2 days, I don't believe them. I don't post my bets anymore, because quite frankly I don't have enough winners anymore and with someone like Kevshat posting, I don't need to. But if your going to keep your bets to yourself, you can't come on here having a go at someone who has just when they've had a bad couple of days?

TheresnoLimit, nobody is going to ban you for having an opinion ;) But at the end of the day, if you looked through Kev's profit/loss figures overall which I know myself, he is well up. If you followed Kev on the golf last year you would have made an absolute fortune, every punter no matter how good they are goes through a bad spell, even Hugh Taylor & Tom Segal. It is also worth noting that 99% of your posts are negative, you seem to have a serious attitude problem and you offer zilch to the forum. So I am sorry, nobody really cares about your opinion to be honest.
Where can I/other posters see these profit/loss figures? Having these kind of stats more readily available might be more useful than seeing tags like 'God Punter' and lots of awards. If someone is a brilliant tipster (which I'm sure Kevshat is) I'd expect them to have the intelligence to learn from incorrect tips. It's clear that this BDO is a bit of a lottery - it was perhaps clear before the event even - so I'd expect to see Kevshat adjusting tipping style accordingly to turn results around. That's what worries me, there seems to be no suggestion at all of any learning from the incorrect tips.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Cheers for the support guys. Much appreciated :ok. Been a bad couple of days with some bad luck at times and some pathetic performances from others but we're not even 20% through the tournament so plenty of time to get it back. TheresNoLimit, FWIW I have no problem with people disagreeing with my picks or having different opinions to me but I have a lot more respect for those who have those opinions before events begin and offer their own thoughts at the time rather than talk with the benefit of hindsight. Monday evening previews: 4pts G.de Vos (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Razma 8/11 Ladbrokes These two met in the last 32 of the World Masters recently and de Vos won that 3-0 and I think the Belgian will come through this with a bit in hand too. Razma did well to come through his preliminary round match but he barely missed a double and only averaged 79.38. That isn’t going to cut the mustard here so I expect de Vos to come through without losing more than a set. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/de-vos-vs-razma-betting-geert-de-vos-can-get-his-lakeside-campaign-off-to-a-winning-start 3pts J.Geerdink to beat D.Prins 6/5 Paddy Power The trials and tribulations of Dave Prins on the Lakeside stage is set to continue. He’s never really played well here and he’s probably still kicking himself after passing up seven darts to beat Richie George last year and that has to be on his mind in this match. Geerdink has no mental scars on this stage so he should feel more positive stepping out onto the stage and so at odds against I’ll take the Dutchman here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/geerdink-vs-prins-betting-dave-prins-lakeside-nightmare-can-continue-in-preliminary-match 4pts R.Montgomery (-1.5 sets) to beat M.Meaney 8/11 Skybet Ross Montgomery hasn’t had the best of times on the Lakeside stage in his career but he’s finally ended up with a nice first round draw and I would expect him to win this match. How much further he goes remains to be seen because he doesn’t seem to be comfortable when he plays here but he should still have too much for the Irishman here. Meaney did well to come through the preliminary game but needs a big improvement here. I expect Montgomery to have too much though. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montgomery-vs-meaney-betting-ross-montgomery-can-finally-convince-on-the-lakeside-stage

Anyone can say they are in profit after the event. And this tournament has been a complete lottery so anyone who says they are up after the first 2 days' date=' I don't believe them. I don't post my bets anymore, because quite frankly I don't have enough winners anymore and with someone like Kevshat posting, I don't need to. But if your going to keep your bets to yourself, you can't come on here having a go at someone who has just when they've had a bad couple of days?[/quote'] Hey absolutely, it's a very easy statement for me to make without any proof. I've only had 2 bets so far, a loser at 4/9 and a winner at 11/8, so I'm in slight profit. It's not that ludicrous a claim, I'm not claiming to have bet on every match and made a profit. I wouldn't want people to lose money based on any of my tips so I'll only offer tips occasionally, ie ones which I'm very confident on - either very confident of the outcome or very confident that there's value. As I said previously, there has to be a balance. Kevshat gets plenty of praise for winning tips from people who don't post their bets so equally criticism for losing tips has to be allowed as well. At the end of the day I haven't said 'Those are bad tips' because you can't pass that judgement AFTER the event. All I've said has been geared towards the next games in saying that strategy of tipping (around evens on every single game) isn't working, you need to be more selective in which games you pick and widen your radar on which odds you pick.

Re: BDO World Championships 4-12 Jan Jan Dekker v B. Van Der Pas - Over 4.5 Sets @ 7/4 bet365 Dekker is favourite here, and on experience deservedly so, but Van Der Pas impressed me last time I watched him. There isn't much between these 2 really, and both should average around the mid 80s. I can see it being a really close match and not one I would to choosing the winner from. Dekker may just edge it, but it might take him all 5 sets to do so. Daryl Fitton - Over 4.5 180s @ 6/5 (v Eccles) bet365 Very heavy scorer on his day and he loves a 180. even if it just goes to 3 sets, I'd expect a couple a set should they go 5 legs. Eccles is decent so should make it a bit of a game, and give him plenty of chances for hitting them.

Cheers for the support guys. Much appreciated :ok. Been a bad couple of days with some bad luck at times and some pathetic performances from others but we're not even 20% through the tournament so plenty of time to get it back. TheresNoLimit, FWIW I have no problem with people disagreeing with my picks or having different opinions to me but I have a lot more respect for those who have those opinions before events begin and offer their own thoughts at the time rather than talk with the benefit of hindsight.
Ok then, allow me to give my opinion and discuss this with you before today's games begin. The tournament so far has been shown to be a complete lottery in a lot of places. 9 losses out of 9 for someone with good darts knowledge proves that it's been a lottery. So, how do you feel that picking bets around evens and betting on EVERY SINGLE MATCH can possibly be the best way to make profit in such a lottery scenario? I don't see that as a profitable strategy at all, I see that as joining in the lottery. The best I could pull from today's coupon would be a double on De Vos and Montgomery although I do agree with your overs bet on the 180s in the Fitton-Eccles match, that looks a great bet.

Ok then, allow me to give my opinion and discuss this with you before today's games begin. The tournament so far has been shown to be a complete lottery in a lot of places. 9 losses out of 9 for someone with good darts knowledge proves that it's been a lottery. So, how do you feel that picking bets around evens and betting on EVERY SINGLE MATCH can possibly be the best way to make profit in such a lottery scenario? I don't see that as a profitable strategy at all, I see that as joining in the lottery. The best I could pull from today's coupon would be a double on De Vos and Montgomery although I do agree with your overs bet on the 180s in the Fitton-Eccles match, that looks a great bet.
What's gone before has gone. I can't do anything about that but I'm not going to change a style which has brought year on year success just because of a couple of bad days. If I do then I'm chasing losses and once that starts the hole gets bigger. Am I going to be in profit for the tournament at the end of today? No I'm not but I'd like to think I'll be in profit for the whole week when the tournament is finished which is always my target.