** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4

I doubt Gateshead-Hyde game to be any different from Luton-Barnet game.Hyde will sit back and wait.Trying to avoid shooting from long distance.Gateshead will be the team trying to attack and play football.They will try to pass the ball which won't be easy given the weather.Anyway i expect a HW but i don't think it's worth the -1ah' date='so i will skip this one[/quote'] Those are good points, but I would say if there's one game in the Skrill Prem today where weather isn't an issue, it's this one. There have been bits and bobs of rain, but nothing like what we've seen elsewhere. There aren't even strong winds in the north-east today. With their new pitch proving to be zippy and reliable, these are good conditions for the home side.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 With the trade on FGR/Salisbury voided, I've added a sell of the 2nd Wrexham goal today at home to Aldershot, 74 with Spreadex. It's risky as Wrexham's in-and-out season has mostly been out, but they have been scoring goals. Aldershot face some shuffling of the pack as the window opens and that might see the side with a transitional feel - particularly defensively - for the next couple of weeks. I still can't find a trade on the Gateshead game, and I'll swerve for now, though they have signed Luke O'Brien who is an excellent signing. I looked at Tamworth/Halifax from the point of view of selling a Halifax goal time, but they have just shifted Dan Gardner to Chesterfield, and that's a big part of their creative side gone. It shifts the balance towards Tamworth for this one.

I have done Gateshead on the-2 handicap and that doesn't need any explanation. The other bet is Southport. They are pretty decent at home and haven't done that badly since the manager came in. They host Nuneaton who have generally struggled a bit of late. Southport look a touch of value. Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Barnet are 3-3-1 as a home dog of under 2.0...and Alfreton's away form is very good. I tipped them to win away a few weeks back because they never seem to quit on a game, and they came back twice late to win at Wrexham. I was hoping for better odds, actually, but it's 3.78 at the moment (5d) and I'll probably be on it. I've taken goals in Gateshead...over 3 at 1.81.

Haven't looked at anything beyond the early game' date=' and it won't surprise you to learn I'm on the draw. Lincoln haven't been a home dog of better than 4.0 yet, which is kind of amazing...but then again their home form is actually quite good. And Luton haven't totally fixed what ailed them last season...as a large favorite away they're 2-1-1 and 6-5-2 in all away matches. Thus 4.07 for the draw is value (to me).[/quote'] Well done mate, had to get one in eventually! ;)

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Middling on the spreads from me - Lincoln/Luton made up zero for a 2.9 loss - painful at my staking - and Wrexham couldn't find a second within the spread, but Gateshead goalrush made up 50 for a 20 point return, rescuing the day nicely, if not quite totally. Good ten point profit by LG on Gateshead's third, and an exceptional sell of Southport/Nuneaton total goals - superb stuff. Excellent shouts by addpea on Gateshead -2 and Southport.

Barnet will be favourites against most teams when they play at home. With Alfreton we arent talking about a Luton or Cambridge here! They are just a hard-working team that have had some good results recently' date=' but they arent going to go on a 8 game winning streak or something! Lets not forget that they were wooped 3-0 at Nuneaton, lost at Tamworth, Gateshead, Braintree, Forest Green, and Dartford amongst others. Barnet have only lost 2 at home, 1 of which was the game against Luton where they had Nurse sent off at HT yet still managed to make a game of it after pulling a goal back and only lost 2-1. The other loss was against Macclesfield who had Connor Jennings on fire at the time and Barnet were without 5 key regular starters in Saville (16 apps), Marsh-Brown (21 apps, 8 goals), Nurse (7 apps, 2 goals), Crawford (18 apps, 2 goals), & Hyde (13 apps, 8 goals).[/quote'] Very annoyed I didnt play Barnet!!! :@ Lost on Lincoln/Luton Over 1 1st half, pushed on Tamworth/Halifax Over 1 1st half, but hit Wrexham/Aldershot Over 1 1st half so tiny profit