** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 4 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lincoln City v Luton Town (13:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.09 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Barnet v Alfreton Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.96 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Forest Green Rovers v Salisbury City (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.58 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gateshead v Hyde FC (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4/11 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.05 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Southport v Nuneaton Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 21/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.50 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Tamworth v FC Halifax Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 19/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.72 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Welling United v Braintree Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.29 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Woking v Hereford United (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/20 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 11/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.21 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wrexham v Aldershot Town (15:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 9/4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4

Gateshead and luton double anybody?
It looks a reasonable shout, and it's really hard to see beyond Gateshead. Luton have the tougher job and the price is a bit thin now (BetVics had drifted the Luton price during the afternoon, though that has been snapped up now). Lincoln deserve much credit for what they did yesterday, and it needs to be underlined that they have been slightly more progressive in recent weeks (they had decent opportunities to score a second against Grimsby). But what really matters is the strength of the team they can put out against Luton - at the moment it's looking like a weakened one, and perhaps the best they can offer is a defensively minded 4-5-1 in the hope of getting a point. Luton look a class above at the moment.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Lincoln City have signed Delano Sam-York and Mitch Austin from Cambridge U on loan. I don't know much about Austin but Sam-Yorke is a very decent choice to play as the point of attacking focus of a 4-5-1/4-3-3 hybrid. His probably a bit rusty at the moment after so much bench-time but he's a clever player who can be physical when he needs to. Good short-term business for Lincoln, as it might get them through a tricky month with some momentum at the end of it; and for Cambridge U, as they'll have two battle-hardened players for the rest of the campaign.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Any info about the weather in UK these days?The bad weather ruined my -1AH on Luton a couple of days back and i don't want to happen the same in Gateshead-Hyde game...Hyde once again were pathetic and were smashed at home.Only 1 of their last 6 games was on the road and they were defeated 3:0 i think if the pitch is in a good condition Gateshead,who survived against Halifax last weekend,could get the job done.The odds are dropping.Yesterday you could take the HW @ 1.35 with bet365 but now it is 1.28.-1AH is 1.45 for now which still suits me

Any info about the weather in UK these days?The bad weather ruined my -1AH on Luton a couple of days back and i don't want to happen the same in Gateshead-Hyde game...Hyde once again were pathetic and were smashed at home.Only 1 of their last 6 games was on the road and they were defeated 3:0 i think if the pitch is in a good condition Gateshead' date='who survived against Halifax last weekend,could get the job done.The odds are dropping.Yesterday you could take the HW @ 1.35 with bet365 but now it is 1.28.-1AH is 1.45 for now which still suits me[/quote'] Looking pretty messy at the moment in the south and central London. The forecast for the rest of today and tomorrow is less bad than it was in the lead up to New Year, but it's falling on heavy ground and there will be some heavy rain to come, especially in the west and north-west of the country. The further north and east you, the better things are looking, and there is a reasonable chance that the Gateshead game will be on - the best quick checks are at the BBC's site. Go to the weather page and type in the name of the town - the forecasts are moderately reliable until the next day or so, though having said that it's not supposed to be raining in London just yet when in fact it's throwing it down right now. (Here's what it says about Gateshead - http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648773). A very useful gauge of how the weather is moving through the country is here: www.raintoday.co.uk. This shows animations of the bands of rain over the past two hours. It's historic rather than predictive, but you get a sense of where the weather is coming from and going to - and it does tell me it is raining in London now.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Perhaps a better signing for FGR is the new left back, Jerome Binnon-Wiliams, who they've brought in on loan from Palace (presumably at the prompting of Tony Pulis). With Chris Stokes out there's a gap in the squad and they've gone out into the market to fill it with a talented kid - it's a sensible and highly unusual way for FGR to be conducting their transfer policy.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 8.30 inspection at a Rendell and Marriott-less Woking tomorrow - I'd say that was in some doubt, although with most of the heavy rain now due after 8.30am, that might need a later inspection. Welling also must be a doubt. The new Barnet pitch drains well and I think that is a good chance of that being on, and the same goes for FGR. There don't appear to be any issues at Gateshead or Lincoln (where they'll be desperate to welcome a big away following), but the other games - Wrexham, Tamworth and Southport - will see a fair bit of rain tonight and before kick off tomorrow.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 I've sold the time of the 2nd Forest Green Rovers goal at 72 (Sporting and Spreadex). I am following the thought of the previous thread that I suspect FGR's misfiring forwards are not far away from turning it around - and Lee Hughes's arrival will certainly sharpen the appetite. They haven't always been impressive at home but solid wins over Lincoln and Aldershot suggest they are at least feeling more comfortable at home. Salisbury City are still doing okay, but I've expressed the feeling before that there are too many square pegs in round holes at the moment. I'm not sure why Dan Fitchett has been out either. 2.9 is quite high but it'll have to do as a buy point for total goals in Lincoln/Luton (Spreadex and Sporting). I can't see Luton not scoring in this one - they stayed on it during the New Year's Day farce against Barnet and they should have had more than the two they scored - but I can see Lincoln scoring, too. I was tempted by some of the Luton goals markets but I like the feel of this play. I've done nothing yet on Gateshead - I'm waiting to see if they get any new bodies on board for tomorrow as the goal time spreads are set very low to sell. I also like Wrexham at home to Aldershot, as the Shots may be reshaping their defence and missing some key bodies but I want to clarify who is in or out.

Why are Alfreton so big?
Alfreton are on a hot streak at the moment. Barnet are certainly not. Alfreton are 3rd Barnet 9th, doesn't mean much but still in favour of alfreton. I know the game is very likely to be cancelled but why do Barnet go in as favourites?

Alfreton are on a hot streak at the moment. Barnet are certainly not. Alfreton are 3rd Barnet 9th, doesn't mean much but still in favour of alfreton. I know the game is very likely to be cancelled but why do Barnet go in as favourites?
Alfreton could well be one of my bets tomorrow. Barnet seem to expect the game to go ahead. Alfreton's away form has improved as the season has gone on although Barnet are hard to beat at home.

Barnet will be favourites against most teams when they play at home. With Alfreton we arent talking about a Luton or Cambridge here! They are just a hard-working team that have had some good results recently, but they arent going to go on a 8 game winning streak or something! Lets not forget that they were wooped 3-0 at Nuneaton, lost at Tamworth, Gateshead, Braintree, Forest Green, and Dartford amongst others. Barnet have only lost 2 at home, 1 of which was the game against Luton where they had Nurse sent off at HT yet still managed to make a game of it after pulling a goal back and only lost 2-1. The other loss was against Macclesfield who had Connor Jennings on fire at the time and Barnet were without 5 key regular starters in Saville (16 apps), Marsh-Brown (21 apps, 8 goals), Nurse (7 apps, 2 goals), Crawford (18 apps, 2 goals), & Hyde (13 apps, 8 goals).

Barnet will be favourites against most teams when they play at home. With Alfreton we arent talking about a Luton or Cambridge here! They are just a hard-working team that have had some good results recently, but they arent going to go on a 8 game winning streak or something! Lets not forget that they lost 3-0 at Nuneaton, lost at Tamworth, Gateshead, Braintree, Forest Green, and Dartford amongst others. Barnet have only lost 2 at home, 1 of which was the game against Luton where they had Nurse sent off at HT yet still managed to make a game of it after pulling a goal back and only lost 2-1. The other loss was against Macclesfield who had Connor Jennings on fire at the time and Barnet were without 5 key regular starters in Saville (16 apps), Marsh-Brown (21 apps, 8 goals), Nurse (7 apps, 2 goals), Crawford (18 apps, 2 goals), & Hyde (13 apps, 8 goals).

Barnet will be favourites against most teams when they play at home. With Alfreton we arent talking about a Luton or Cambridge here! They are just a hard-working team that have had some good results recently' date=' but they arent going to go on a 8 game winning streak or something! Lets not forget that they lost 3-0 at Nuneaton, lost at Tamworth, Gateshead, Braintree, Forest Green, and Dartford amongst others. Barnet have only lost 2 at home, 1 of which was the game against Luton where they had Nurse sent off at HT yet still managed to make a game of it after pulling a goal back and only lost 2-1. The other loss was against Macclesfield who had Connor Jennings on fire at the time and Barnet were without 5 key regular starters in Saville (16 apps), Marsh-Brown (21 apps, 8 goals), Nurse (7 apps, 2 goals), Crawford (18 apps, 2 goals), & Hyde (13 apps, 8 goals).[/quote'] Bit harsh on Alfreton given they have won their last five games and there away form is much improved. Some of those results you mentioned they were suffering from missing players and they only have a small squad. Not sure if they can hang on for a spot in the play-offs but they are having a cracking season. They have lost their last three and Alfreton have their last five and confidence always plays a factor. Not sure I will play, but easy to see why you can make the case on the price on Alfreton being too big. Sometimes the best value is when bookies go on traditions rather than what the form and table say. Probably why Alfreton were so big, especially in running, against Wrexham on Wednesday.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Interesting thoughts on the Bar/Alf game, which I can't really read. I tipped Alfreton on here in the summer at 5s for a top half finish so I'm used to setting out the case for them but it is quite difficult to do that for this one - they are part-time, and though I made the point in the antepost thread that the compilers were over-reacting to Alfreton going part-time in the summer, there are times when the strains might show. This could be one of those as they have played on all the Christmas dates, winning and on a great run but perhaps in need of a rest after some high-intensity showings. Barnet managed an impressive half against Luton at home and an impressive hour against Cambridge United at home, and they are not to be taken lightly.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Haven't looked at anything beyond the early game, and it won't surprise you to learn I'm on the draw. Lincoln haven't been a home dog of better than 4.0 yet, which is kind of amazing...but then again their home form is actually quite good. And Luton haven't totally fixed what ailed them last season...as a large favorite away they're 2-1-1 and 6-5-2 in all away matches. Thus 4.07 for the draw is value (to me).

Doesn't sound good for the Lincoln game and they inspect at 10 Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
To clarify, although more rain has fallen than forecast, it doesn't sound nearly as gloomy as this. The 10am inspection has been passed by the ref and both clubs, though the caveat is that there is another inspection as 11. Actually, they call it 'a precautionary review', so although a Biblical rain storm is possible before then there is a reasonable chance this will be on. Welling/Braintree is off, but as I posted yesterday there is no surprise there.

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 Southport/Nuneaton - ON Wrexham/Aldershot - ON Tamworth/Halifax - ON Once again, these have all passed early inspections and the ref has made a decision based on the forecast. I was worried about these three yesterday as the forecast models disagreed about the amount of rainfall. FGR/Aldershot is OFF - even though they have a superb pitch, there has been more rain than forecast on that side of the country in the south. The other good-drainer - Barnet - is still ON

To clarify, although more rain has fallen than forecast, it doesn't sound nearly as gloomy as this. The 10am inspection has been passed by the ref and both clubs, though the caveat is that there is another inspection as 11. Actually, they call it 'a precautionary review', so although a Biblical rain storm is possible before then there is a reasonable chance this will be on. Welling/Braintree is off, but as I posted yesterday there is no surprise there.
Lincoln tweeted their was standing water on the pitch although clearly Luton don't care about that after Wednesday! Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum

Lincoln tweeted their was standing water on the pitch although clearly Luton don't care about that after Wednesday! Sent from my GT-I8190N using PL Forum
Yes, that is still a worry, though they will be able to clear it I think. Anyway, once Henry's had a word with the match-day ref it'll all be fine...

Re: England > Weekend > Skrill Prem Jan 4 I doubt Gateshead-Hyde game to be any different from Luton-Barnet game.Hyde will sit back and wait.Trying to avoid shooting from long distance.Gateshead will be the team trying to attack and play football.They will try to pass the ball which won't be easy given the weather.Anyway i expect a HW but i don't think it's worth the -1ah,so i will skip this one