** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BBOTD Tuesday 31st December

Lingfield 2.30 - Oblitereight 8/1 Bet365 BOG This isnt my normal type of selection given that he has been off the track for well over a year but he was putting up some really solid figures on the AW when he did last run, far better than the rest of the field and if he comes back near to that form then he is more than capable of winning. I was expecting a bigger price in truth but this price does suggest that he is expected to do well especially as he has a good record fresh. Top AW jock on board which is another suggestion that a lot is expected and I certainly hope it is!

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December Last days racing of 2013 and one last roll of the dice but Corky looks home and dry, but its never over till its over. The last selection of the year has not been seen in 133 days so could return anything after a break, the 7yr old mare is no stranger to the sprinting game and returns for a crack at the 5f dash in the closing race on the card at Lingfield, she did run a very good race almost this time last year ''14th Dec'' but could not find a gap running up the rail, she was also running off 9-7 and could have been closer than her 3rd place had she got better luck, Pharoh Jake won that day under Sir Willie T Davies and that same horse lines up again today, its yet another tricky wee sprint any of them could win and it could all be about the break from the starting gate, our fellow is trained by Mr G.Margarson and he can be a wee bit shrewd at times, he sends out the two out from Newmarket and from his two runners i have this one down as his best chance of a winner, jockey J.Vaughan knows the mare well and has hit the crossbar a few times but has never won on her, but if they get a nice split and lady lucky shines i cant see them being far away when it matters. ​15:30 Lingfield Pk - Imaginary Diva. 1pt Win Bet @ 11/1 Bet365 ''BOG'' :cigar

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December Punchestown 2:45 The Oliver McKiernan trained Follow The Sign could outrun his big odds in this competitive affair tomorrow. The ground is forecast heavy tomorrow and the gelding has a record of 2-3 on heavy going so he should travel better than most on this ground. He won a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse in February and then started life in handicap company off a mark of 114. He has not figured since but he is now down to a mark of 109 and the fact Robbie Colgan gets the mount once more is a positive as he was on board for all of the horses best runs. His sole win also came over this trip of 2m 4f and at 20/1 he is worth a bet for me. Follow The Sign WIN @ 20/1 Paddy Power

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December Punchestown 12:45 Well I follow this yard closely (not sure if thats good or bad) but in this case this horse looks sure to have a win soon. Ran very well last time at Aintree and if that form repeats here it will govery close. All the rain won't be a problem at all. lads in the yard are very positive about chances both before and after the last run and has been very well since the last run. No prices yet so I'll be stuck with sp as won't be on again you must know me 1pt win punchestown 12:45

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December 1.10 Uttoxeter: Come On Annie, 11/4 William Hill, win Come On Annie finished third lto over c&d a few weeks ago. That was her first run since April and her first run for new trainer Alexandra Dunn so she should come on a bit for that. Today's ground is ideal and the trip won't be a problem. Alex Dunn takes off a valuable seven pounds.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December Uttoxeter 2.10 - Scots Gaelic (1pts win, 11/2 Bet365) Has been there or thereabouts with a few runs of late and think it's time for him to put his best foot forward today and can see him being a big player in this race. I don't think he got his ideal run of the race lto and think if this one is run more to his suiting he is a good chance of being right in the mix at a decent enough price.

12.00 Ling - Hillbilly Boy win 12/1 bet365 Was thinking between this and ocean applause so at the prices seems better value. This ones 2/3 wins have been in plating company ,one over CD ,and the other over 7F at wolves.first success was in a maiden at Redcar. Pulled up on return after lay off lto but that was fto over hurdles so expected to be fitter back to flat. Only 4 of the jocks have won at course and their partnerships here with trainers are as follows Turner / While - 24 runs , 4-3-1 , Millman / Bridger 0/1 Steward never raced with trainer Walsh / Evans 22 runs , 2-2-3 Walsh rides honey of a kitten but I thought it had very favourable terms last time it won and been held last twice including by re-opposing Copperwood who isn't great either. Ryan While rode Hillbilly many times including win over CD and Turner is generally one to watch in these grp1 classics Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December 140 Uttoxeter: Regal One 6/1 SJ/PP Fairly useful in low grade novice hurdles last season and quite liked the way he shaped on his chase debut when 4th at Chepstow. Made silly mistakes but ran on del. Last time on firm ground at Leicester was challenging for second when falling at the last and had jumped ok to that point. Obviously improving and back on soft ground could take all the beating in this company off this mark.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December 12.00 Lingfield: Prime Exhibit @ 15/2 VC The old veteran changed yard again, joining trainer Loughnane on the back of a promising run in a Wolverhampton claimer, when he travelled much the best but also had loads to do turning for home and might found the extended mile a shade too far in the end. On old form he's poised to go close in this race and he has produced some decent forms in the last couple of weeks. Trainer has a tremendous record in sellers and at Lingfield and the booked apprentice is a good one too. No reason why Prime Exhibit shouldn't run well today.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December

12.00 Ling - Hillbilly Boy win 12/1 bet365 Was thinking between this and ocean applause so at the prices seems better value. This ones 2/3 wins have been in plating company ,one over CD ,and the other over 7F at wolves.first success was in a maiden at Redcar. Pulled up on return after lay off lto but that was fto over hurdles so expected to be fitter back to flat. Only 4 of the jocks have won at course and their partnerships here with trainers are as follows Turner / While - 24 runs , 4-3-1 , Millman / Bridger 0/1 Steward never raced with trainer Walsh / Evans 22 runs , 2-2-3 Walsh rides honey of a kitten but I thought it had very favourable terms last time it won and been held last twice including by re-opposing Copperwood who isn't great either. Ryan While rode Hillbilly many times including win over CD and Turner is generally one to watch in these grp1 classics Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
typical of my month , choose one and other wins lol

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December 2.30pm @ Lingfield 'Secret Beau' 10/1 (PaddyPower) Put this one up last time and it was tailed off last beaten a distance, so why not fire it up again ;) That wasn't it's running, it was never going the pace early doors and something was clearly amiss or just didn't fancy Southwell, not uncommon. On previous form has a definite chance here, running well the time before last here at Lingfield when just fading late over the mile, on that form today's 7 will be perfect and I think it's worth the risk that it was fibresand dislike rather than a problem last time. If that's the case then there is definite value in that price. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 31st December L1.30 Mafi e/w 40/1 Boylesports This horse has a 3 from 10 win strike rate over this course and distance. It's also interesting to note that when the horse has had more than a 3 week break (as is the case today), then those c&d runs improves again with finishing positions of 1-2-1. The jockey who has been on board for most of the horses recent runs (Havlin) isn't one I have much time for and he has a particularly poor record at this track. William Carson takes over today and he's won on the horse before - admittedly the horse has some recent poor runs to ignore but back at its favourite c&d, could run well at a price provided Carson can get in a decent position early on. The horse has also won off a 2lb higher mark in the past so this race is clearly within its grasp if on a going day.

Punchestown 2:45 The Oliver McKiernan trained Follow The Sign could outrun his big odds in this competitive affair tomorrow. The ground is forecast heavy tomorrow and the gelding has a record of 2-3 on heavy going so he should travel better than most on this ground. He won a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse in February and then started life in handicap company off a mark of 114. He has not figured since but he is now down to a mark of 109 and the fact Robbie Colgan gets the mount once more is a positive as he was on board for all of the horses best runs. His sole win also came over this trip of 2m 4f and at 20/1 he is worth a bet for me. Follow The Sign WIN @ 20/1 Paddy Power
Got him at 39/1 on Betfair, definitely worth a punt with small stakes I feel. Light weight on heavy ground with Colgan back on board who knows what will happen.

typical of my month ' date=' choose one and other wins lol[/quote'] I know that feeling. Looks like I could be promoted from Division 3 in the Osesame daily thread this month yet continually sticking the wrong one one here. Jees even in that thread i've had 33/1 and 7/1 winners down as reserves :lol Bad month for luck, in actual real gambling as well as posting, although the last week has seen a little comeback. Still think i'll take a months rest for January to recharge.

Lingfield 2.30 - Oblitereight 8/1 Bet365 BOG This isnt my normal type of selection given that he has been off the track for well over a year but he was putting up some really solid figures on the AW when he did last run, far better than the rest of the field and if he comes back near to that form then he is more than capable of winning. I was expecting a bigger price in truth but this price does suggest that he is expected to do well especially as he has a good record fresh. Top AW jock on board which is another suggestion that a lot is expected and I certainly hope it is!
Backed the Hannon ''3rd'' in this race but well done anyway lol.