** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014?

PokerWolf1

Thought I'd start this thread and hopefully will get a few posts :) What do you hope to achieve? Doesn't matter how wild your goals may be! Mine are: 1. Move away from holdem and play more omaha and hi/lo. 2. Continue study of omaha and hi/lo 3. Learn to use holdem manager more to it's full potential 4. Play 5 live events £100+ 5. Get 5 four figure cashes online. 6. Final table a Stars / Full Tilt festival event. 7. Devise strict bankroll management rules and stick to them. 8. Learn to control Tilt and manage my downswings better by taking breaks. 9. Finish the year 10k+ in profit 10. Meet more forum members and continue to learn from them.

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? 2014......more difficult this year because my overall life plan means i am looking to reduce the amount of time i have been playing poker in 2013 in order to fulfill other areas that have been neglected. I am therefore not putting myself under too much pressure otherwise i could well start playing the 4 hour freerolls for a £2.50 win again in order to grind out some profit. On reflection there was far too many hours spent grinding in 2013. 1) To make a profit. 2) To keep more detailed records to see where i am profitable and how long i am playing for 3) To play a live seat £200+ (easy given i have x2 IPO tokens to use) 4) To play the live PL Championships 5) To play Leeds PPUK 6) Never to deposit into 888 7) To make love to Amy Adams on a green baize full of cash with senshi and samba taking photos. I wanted to make mine realistically achievable goals and feel that in all but one of the above i stand a very good chance of being successful......staying away from those 888 deposit emails will be hard work. Best of luck to all who post here for 2014! :hope

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? 1) To show continued improvement. Check. 2) To final table a £200+ live comp Check. Exceeded expectations and finished 1st for £7,620. 3) To finally get my ass down to DTD, Nottingham. Fail. Must try harder. 4) To add 3 more entries onto my personal Hendon Mob profile. Check. Actually 14 more, 3 of which were ranked tourneys. 5) To win a PL League. Didn't win a league, but won a play off. Obviously, achieving no 5) would be far better than achieving 1) thru 4).

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? I didn't make any plans for 2013, and the year was pretty awful, so for 2014: 1) Win a trip to a live event overseas ($1k plus) - FAIL 2) Watch at least 2 training videos a week - FAIL 3) Another trip to Vegas, and win a tourney there - got to Vegas, and chopped one PASS 4) Cash for > $1k at least 4 times (will be tough as playing smaller games now) - FAIL Good luck to everyone :ok

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014?

In two minds at the moment' date=' could go either way, will post in detail when I regain my mojo and decide which path to take.[/quote'] Hope to see you giving it a good go mate. Seem like a great player given your past wins and when I've railed - would be a shame not to stamp your name on a few more trophies! That sat win you got last night must go someway to restoring your mojo? :)

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? I'll try to attend at least two Unibet Opens (would be nice to cash in one for a change) -> PASS, AND PASS I want to go back to Vegas, play events from different series -> COMPLETE FAILURE And obviously be profitable on-line, while keeping the more relaxed schedule I have adopted lately -> STARTED INCREDIBLY, ENDED BADLY! Not asking for much, eh? :) Fred

• 4 weeks later...

To have enough money in my neteller account by July the 3rd to tell the wife I have won a non-refundable trip to play an Omaha hi/lo tourney in Caesars Palace. Pictures to follow..............
Flights booked, all I need now is accommodation, spending money and the buy in. Wow just noticed that's only a month since I posted, did I run good or what!

• 4 months later...

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? update : 1) To make a profit. £640 up 2) To keep more detailed records to see where i am profitable and how long i am playing for - epic fail got bored! 3) To play a live seat £200+ (easy given i have x2 IPO tokens to use) - planning on newcastle and dublin IPO 4) To play the live PL Championships - await the date 5) To play Leeds PPUK - COMPLETED 6) Never to deposit into 888 - success and raped them of £7 in freerolls so far 7) To make love to Amy Adams on a green baize full of cash with senshi and samba taking photos - all set to go but sambas camera is out of action

• 4 weeks later...

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? Couldn't find a hi/lo tourney anywhere, so apart from the one $40 crapshoot at the Luxor and a $1/2 cash game at Binions no poker was played. As for the wife's present, I bought that at Tesco's before I left ............better safe than sorry.

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? I'm trying to find a site to play in tourneys , right now I use pkr but surely there is a better place ? So I'm hoping to achieve to find a good site lol Any pointers appreciated.

I'm trying to find a site to play in tourneys , right now I use pkr but surely there is a better place ? So I'm hoping to achieve to find a good site lol Any pointers appreciated.
check out the tourney section and AvonGirl`s Diary in the sticky thread

• 5 months later...

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? Well here was my 2014 "hope to achieve" list......... 1) To make a profit - SUCCESS £1051.17 profit recorded for the year 2) To keep more detailed records to see where i am profitable and how long i am playing for - FAILED just didnt keep up to this but have largely played MTTs or turbo STTs. I know for a fact my profit comes from MTTs 3) To play a live seat £200+ SUCCESS Played Boyle IPO in Newcastle and Dublin - enjoyed the events, didnt enjoy the badbeats 4) To play the live PL Championships N/A - no event but likely to play the Xmas game on 5th 5) To play Leeds PPUK SUCCESS and cashed finishing in 9th place. Nice to get a mention in the magazine too 6) Never to deposit into 888 SUCCESS and have made $10.52 from free tickets 7) To make love to Amy Adams on a green baize full of cash with senshi and samba taking photos. SUCCESS (in my dreams)

Re: What do you hope to achieve in poker in 2014? Nicely done Rhino, well done on your accomplishments and best of luck for the new year. :ok Poker-wise 2014 was a bit of a rest year for me, first for many a year and didn't make it to many live events either. Was up £586 profit in October when I last looked and played very little since then so not a bad return for a largely inactive year. Highlights (or perhaps Mediumlights this year ;) ):

• £220 Grosvenor 25/25 Seat won from freeroll - Out end of day 1
  • €150 Coral Sunday Masters Token won from beat the team - Didn't cash
  • £125 DTD/WPT125 Seat won - Out online day 1
  • £130 cashed in from a freebet
  • Fell just short of a £3k WPT(UK) seat from pennyrolls
  • And of course railing PL friends in their IPO, WPT, GUKPT & 25/25 exploits.