** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 24 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]1. FC Nürnberg v 1899 Hoffenheim (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.52 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Dortmund v FC Augsburg (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]7.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]10.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.86 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Borussia Mönchengladbach v FC Bayern München (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]9.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.33 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Eintracht Frankfurt v Hertha BSC (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.03 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Hamburger SV v FC Schalke 04 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.36 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]SC Freiburg v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]97.15 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfB Stuttgart v 1. FSV Mainz 05 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.49 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfL Wolfsburg v Hannover 96 (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.77 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Werder Bremen v Eintracht Braunschweig (14:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]96.86 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings, align: center][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 29 January 2014[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]VfB Stuttgart v FC Bayern München (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]11[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.28[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th First of all: Hello everybody! I was reading in this forum for a long time and now i decided to share one of my Bundesliga picks with you. I hope that it doesn't matter that it's an early bet and i hope you'll understand my analysis, although english isn't my native language, because i'm from Germany. Werder Bremen – Eintracht Braunschweig: Under 2.5 @2.18 [3|10] 12Bet Early bet, because i definitely see some value in this line. Braunschweig has one of the best defensive tactics of all teams in the Bundesliga. They improved their defensive work constantly under their coach Lieberknecht and had also the best defence in the 2. Bundesliga last season. They often play with some kind of a 4-3-3, where the three players in the forward line attack quite early, while the 3 players behind them stay close together and deep, to disturb the attacking game of their opponent quite early, but to finally destroy it not until they are in Braunschweig's part of the pitch. They showed this style nearly in perfection in Hannover and Munich and the most important players for this are Boland and Caligiuri, because these two should play the fast balls to their striker Kumbela or Bellarabi. Their biggest problem is that they often play too defensive and aren't able to create enough dangerous attacks, so they often lose their (especially away) games with results like the 0:2 against Bayern, the 0:0 against Hannover or the 0:2 against Mainz, although they also showed a very good away game in Wolfsburg and won 2:0 by scoring an early goal and defend afterwards. Bremen, however, is again some kind of a jamboree bag this season. They showed some horrible performances, for example in Wolfsburg (0:3) or against Bayern (0:7), and you never really know what you got, when you're watching a Werder-game. But there are also a few thing that are sure, for example that their attacking game isn't that good anymore as it was under their coach Thomas Schaaf. Their attacking game is often much too slow, the paths often seem to be weird and their striker Petersen seems to be the only player who is able to score some goals. I also read a lot about their training camp and it's obvious that the team is under a lot of pressure, because neither the results in the Bundesliga were good, nor the results in the friendlies. Dutt isn't a coach who can react good to special tactical system like the one of Braunschweig and i expect Bremen to play again with a quite slow attacking game, which makes be easy for Braunschweig to defend. The first leg game between these teams ended 1:0 for Bremen with a quite lucky goal after a long pass from one of the back four and Braunschweig's offside trap was failing there. In my opinion, the bookies still overrate Bremen's traditional style of „scoring more goals than the opponent“ and the odds have often been too high there this season. Another good option for this game would be an Asian Handicap on Braunschweig, but the offered +0.75 @1.88 doesn't represent that much value in my opinion. For further information and my other Bundesliga bets, have a look at my blog: http://jernals.blogabet.com/

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Hey Guys, for long only reading in this forum, now decided to post myself about German leagues and maybe more. Hopefully I can give some back to the people, who served me with excellent information in the past. Let’s start with an overall forecast about GERMAN BUNDESLIGA and my prediction for the 2nd half of the season and the TOP-TEAMS: BAYERN MÜNCHEN Nothing to say about! Under Guardiola/Sammer they are fighting for every 3 points. Even long time absentees of regulars (right now Badstuber, Schweinsteiger), long time run or comfortable table-position can make them vulnerable. – Will be easy German Champion and maybe the first team to defend CL-title. They have the quality like Barca in their best times! BORUSSIA DORTMUND Last years CL-finalist struggled in the last part of the season due to injuries of CB Hummels and Subotic as well as their best 6-er Gündogan and an awful miss of chances. Now Hummels, best German CB, comes back beginning of the season (Subotics out for longer) but talks about their future squad may result in other problems. Lewandowsky leaves for Bayern (now for sure), Gündogan, Reus (among others) are on the list of many top-clubs in Europe and finishining 3rd in the ligue should be a realistic goal. In CL they should have nearly no problem with St. Petersburg in the 1/16-round … but than ……………..??????? BAYER LEVERKUSEN Played, just judged by points, a fantastic first season even when the last games showed some tiredness. Also the loss in Braunschweig, when Hyypiä tried to make some rotation showed that they have no alternatives to the first 11. This is not enough for the full season and only a 100% performance in both games against PSG in CL will give them a chance to survive. SCHALKE 04 The club which hasn`t won a national title since 1958 comes closer and closer to be a really top-club again. Also with some financial problems they invest into a team for the future. Their own youth players (see Draxler and Meyer) and guys like Huntelaar, Farfan, Boateng as well as some others to come are strong points to overcome the local rival “Lüdenscheid” (=BVB) very soon. Long time injuries (mainly Huntelaar and Papadopoulos) hint them from a better spot going to the rest of the season. Now “The Hunter” and “Papa” are coming back and on loan defender Jan Kirchhoff from Bayern (U21 International) is a good choice strengthening their poor defence. In CL they are asked a tough question (Real) but in top-form and a very little bit of luck they mustn`t fear this team what is (and will stay) only 3rd in La Liga. VFL WOLFSBURG Hmmmh, they are back … for sure. The Champions of 2009 never had problems with money and class-up signings but they failed with many transfers. Now under the regime of top-manager Klaus Allofs (formerly Bremen) and low-noise-trainer Hecking they made an important change for a bright future. With Gustavo (Brasil, Bayern) the bought one of the best midfield defenders on offer and in the winter-transfer-window they acquired Kevin de Bruyne from Chelsea. After a slowly start into the season with very mixed results (as known in former years) they are unbeaten in the last 9 or 10. In the national-cup they promoted to the quarterfinals. … More to come …. For my opinion they`ll play next year CL and are maybe at the end of the season in front of Leverkusen or BVB . A team to make money … not overrated by the bookies but on fire for a top-spot.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Werder Bremen – Eintracht Braunschweig: Under 2.5 @2.18 [3|10], 12Bet Early bet, because i definitely see some value in this line. Braunschweig has one of the best defensive tactics of all teams in the Bundesliga. They improved their defensive work constantly under their coach Lieberknecht and had also the best defence in the 2. Bundesliga last season. They often play with some kind of a 4-3-3, where the three players in the forward line attack quite early, while the 3 players behind them stay close together and deep, to disturb the attacking game of their opponent quite early, but to finally destroy it not until they are in Braunschweig's part of the pitch. They showed this style nearly in perfection in Hannover and Munich and the most important players for this are Boland and Caligiuri, because these two should play the fast balls to their striker Kumbela or Bellarabi. Their biggest problem is that they often play too defensive and aren't able to create enough dangerous attacks, so they often lose their (especially away) games with results like the 0:2 against Bayern, the 0:0 against Hannover or the 0:2 against Mainz, although they also showed a very good away game in Wolfsburg and won 2:0 by scoring an early goal and defend afterwards. Bremen, however, is again some kind of a jamboree bag this season. They showed some horrible performances, for example in Wolfsburg (0:3) or against Bayern (0:7), and you never really know what you got, when you're watching a Werder-game. But there are also a few thing that are sure, for example that their attacking game isn't that good anymore as it was under their coach Thomas Schaaf. Their attacking game is often much too slow, the paths often seem to be weird and their striker Petersen seems to be the only player who is able to score some goals. I also read a lot about their training camp and it's obvious that the team is under a lot of pressure, because neither the results in the Bundesliga were good, nor the results in the friendlies. Dutt isn't a coach who can react good to special tactical system like the one of Braunschweig and i expect Bremen to play again with a quite slow attacking game, which makes be easy for Braunschweig to defend. The first leg game between these teams ended 1:0 for Bremen with a quite lucky goal after a long pass from one of the back four and Braunschweig's offside trap was failing there. In my opinion, the bookies still overrate Bremen's traditional style of „scoring more goals than the opponent“ and the odds have often been too high there this season. Another good option for this game would be an Asian Handicap on Braunschweig, but the offered +0.75 @1.88 doesn't represent that much value in my opinion.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Jernals, you are right with your prediction, but to go into a hurry with these odds is not necessary. Just yesterday they played a friendly against Steaua B. and they failed to score (0-0) against a team what just was coming back from winter-holidays. Bookies rate Bremen-games still as high-scoring and imo, odds will not drop for this fixture.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Dortmund-Augsburg --- 1,30 -5,00-9,00 Wolfsburg-Hannover –-1,57- 4,00-5,50 (all bet365 today) Talking about value… I see NOTHING in Dortmund and ALL in Wolfsburg. Their opponents play the whole season the wrong way around. Augsburg did show a surprising positive 1st half of the season and in Hannover there is nothing left from the impressions of the last years. Dortmund H is 6-0-3 --- 22-10 Augsburg A is 2-2-5 --- 6-13 Wolfsburg H is 6-1-1 --- 17-6 Hannover A is 0-0-8 --- 6-20. It’s hard to accept this 1,30 for BVB but nothing speaks against betting the “Wolves”. GL

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th could someone update us on january transfers from bundesliga? i haven't been following the news obviously because of the winter break. i have noticed that few teams have been making good impressions in friendly matches, building up to next weeks games. i expect bayern munich, borussia dortmund and wolfsburg to be strong but i'm still not sure about schalke (they are likely to more defensively minded in the second stage of the season as they make and important runs in champions league and having seen them concede much less goals near the winter break. i remain to be convinced on their form so i won't be backing them until i see if they have really sorted out their defensive vulnerabilities and obviously braunschweig needed a striker and i wonder if they got anyone now in that position. i'd appreciate some feedback on other teams.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th

.... but i'm still not sure about schalke (they are likely to more defensively minded in the second stage of the season as they make and important runs in champions league and having seen them concede much less goals near the winter break. i remain to be convinced on their form so i won't be backing them until i see if they have really sorted out their defensive vulnerabilities.....
Update SCHALKE 04 Season 2013/14: 17 games - 7. Place – 8-4-5 – 32-28 Lost against all top teams (Bayern and Dortmund H – MG and Wolfsburg A) with exception of Leverkusen H. Many injuries. CB Papadopoulos, Striker Huntelaar and Obasi missed nearly whole season (now all coming back). Long time absentees almost for the rest of the season will be Aogo (LB) and Hoeger (RB, DF). No 1 Goalkeeper change from Hildebrand (leaves the club in summer) to Fährmann after 12 games. Nearly never played in the same formation. DM Jones and Neustätter poor of form. Winter transfers: J. Kirchhoff (CB, DM, U21-International) from Bayern on loan till 2015. S. Sam (RW, Leverkusen) already signed for next season. Nobody left right now, but Jones is looking for a new club. Rumors: Draxler (OM) is on the list of Arsenal. (fixed transfer fee in summer 45,5 Mio, a hoc transfer maybe more) Holtby (OM, Tottenham) might come back. At the start to the second half of the season, situation as follows: Goalkeeper R. Fährmann will be No.1 for the rest of the season after he made a good job when Hildebrand was injured. Fans are standing behind him and he is a good young goalie with some experience in BL. Hildebrand (2014 out of contract, will not be expired) will be No. 2, together with R. Unnerstall. Defense Höger (RB, DM) and Aogo (LB, DM) are long time absentees. Höwedes, after injury and suspension should be back latest 2nd game and –most important- Greek-International Papadopoulos (CB) is available after more than 1 year injury-break. Very good acquisition of high-talented J. Kirchhoff from Bayern. He got injured in the winter-trainings-camp and will surely miss the first game(s). Defense Midfield Jones missed the trainings-camp on request . Club does not want to expire his contract. He will leave latest end of the season. So the new Double six could be Neustätter/Kirchhoff. Also Matip, Goretzka or Prince Boateng can play DM. Offense Midfield With Boateng, Draxler (will miss HSV-game), Youngster Meyer and Farfan on the right side they have a lot of quality in this section. Young Clemens (LW) is out for a while but that’s not very important. There are rumors about Draxlers departure to Arsenal but I don`t think they won`t let him go now. Striker The comeback of K.-J. Huntelaar will be a big boost for the team. The Hunter missed nearly the whole season (knee-injury) but now seems to be ready again. Szalai, quite an exceptional striker couldn`t replace “The Hunter” for 100%. The top 11 for the rest of the season could be: Fährmann – Uchida, Höwedes, Papadopoulos, Fuchs (Kolisinac) – Kirchhoff, Neustätter-- Farfan, Boateng, Draxler (Meyer) -- Huntelaar. That looks pretty good in all parts (also in defense), so that the goal to finishing in the ranks qualifying for CL should be realistic.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Saturday Friendly Game: 1. FC Köln – Schalke 04 Interesting todays friendly, between the Leader of 2. Liga Köln and Schalke. Even when theyare playing on the road, it is Schalkes top-test for next weeks restart of the season. To the press TR Keller said on Friday: “We will field (with exception of Huntelaar) a squad what is very near to the team playing the first BL-game Away in Hamburg next week.” TR Stöger, Köln, said:” It is a nice test and we will give everybody of the team (Helmes will be rested completely) the chance to play.” The fact that Schalke sees the game as a serious test and Köln due to their start into the season only in 3 weeks, Schalke might be on a much better conditional level at the moment. Even when the A-Win is only priced around 1.80 it should be a good bet.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Here some other updates: HANNOVER 96 Season 2013/14: 17 games - 13. Place – 5-3-9 – 23-31 FACTS: Worst Away-team in BuLi since 1988 – 0-0-8 Only 4 pts above relegation-spot Winter -transfers: Tayfun Korkut (39), Trainer, former Fener-player, unexperienced in BuLi and job. A. Rudnews (26), Striker, HSV – 41 games, 12 goals. Departures: NONE Rumors: M. Diouff, Striker, would like to go to Premier League (Cardiff) Injuries: Pander (LB) till March. Eintracht Braunschweig Season 2013/14: 17 games - 18. Place – 3-2-12 – 10-32 FACTS: Lowest scoring-rate: Only 10 g in 17 matches 4 pts a behind relegation-spot Winter -transfers: H. Nielsen (20), Striker, RB Salzburg J. Hochscheidt (26), MF, (came last summer from Aue) now fit Departures: NONE Injuries: Korte (no regular) till end of season Oehrl, Striker (10/2 goals), till end of season HAMBURGER SV Season 2013/14: 17 games - 14. Place – 4-4-9 – 33-38 FACTS: Only 2 pts ahead of relegation-spot Conceded most goals in Liga (38) A lot of trouble in club. Financial problems. Winter -transfers: Ola John (21, RLW NL, Benfica, on loan) O. Bouy (20, CM, NL, Juve, on loan) Departures: A. Rudnews (26), Striker, Hannover. Injuries: Adler, GK , 3-4 weeks Westermann, CB, 3-4 weeks Djourou, CB, 2-3 weeks Demirbay, MF, till March Beister, RW, till end of season Arslan, 1-2 weeks

Jernals' date=' you are right with your prediction, but to go into a hurry with these odds is not necessary. Just yesterday they played a friendly against Steaua B. and they failed to score (0-0) against a team what just was coming back from winter-holidays. Bookies rate Bremen-games still as high-scoring and imo, odds will not drop for this fixture.[/quote'] But why now? Limits in the 1. Bundesliga are already quite high and ready for big amounts. And by the way: odds on 12Bet, where i placed this bet, are @2.09 now, so there was a drop of 0.09, which is not a lot, but the odds i took are still better. It's not nothing, but the odds on Wolfsburg are nice, yes. Hannover is still also some kind of a jamboree bag for the second part of the season, mainly because of their new coach. They'll play with another line-up and it's expected that they'll play with much more ball possession and not their counter attacking style. So the bad away games last aren't very important for this match, because of their new coach, but it's still obvious that Wolfsburg has a very high quality in their squad, especially with their new signing de Bruyne.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Played Stuttgart/Mainz Over 1 goal 1st half @ -131, Gladbach/Bayern Over 3 goals, and Wolfsburg -1 asian so far. Stuttgart and Mainz both score good portion of their goals in 1st half of games and both in top 7 highest goals per game average in league. Mainz have good enough attacking players to score goals away from home with Muller, Okazaki, and Choupo-Moting, as they have shown at Bremen and HSV in last two away games when they scored 3 goals each time (they've actually scored at least 1 goal in every away game this season) so BTTS is also a good shout.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th SC Freiburg - Bayer Leverkusen Last season Freiburg qualified for Euro-League, a new highlight for the small club from south. Against all odds they established themselves very well in BuLi within the last years. But as often, the clubs with no depths in their squad struggle in the league, when they have to deal with steady midweek/weekend-rhythm (see Frankfurt too). Freiburg didn`t manage to qualify for KO-phase and so can focus on the League. Right now they did no transfers, no injury-worries are known. Leverkusen played most games very strong first half of the season but showed also some weakness for example at Braunschweig 0-1, when coach Hyypiä tried some rotation (without Kiessling and Son) or the last two games before the christmas-break (H Frankfurt 0-1, A Bremen 0-1) when they looked tired. In between they earned quail for CL 1/16 round in the group with ManU and overall 2nd spot in the league. With new German international Sidney Sam they have a long time absentee and while preparation for second part of the season offensive midfielder and Aussie-international R. Kruse got heavily injured and will miss rest of the season as well as WC. New signings are young South-Korean Seung-Woo Ryo and very talented U 19-International Julian Brandt (Wolfsburg). Only Dominik Kohr, who mostly played for Reserve-team, left (to Augsburg). Known as very strong at their own pitch Freiburg is only 1-3-4, 7-15 this season but with no other international obligations on schedule they will do much better second part of the season. And they have too very badly, if they want to avoid relegation. If better times will come with the first game of the season is questionable, playing a CL-candidate, but with their fighting-spirit and their technical potential they are not totally lost. Leverkusen showed good form in friendlies and are 5-0-3, 9-6 on the road. For first game they will miss two regular CB (Spahic and Wollscheid) through suspension. They will be replaced by Reinhardt and Toprak. Both are enough experienced and can do a good job, only at the bench will be no substitute for this position of same standard. New transfers are very young and will be used only as subs. At all I don’t see a clear Away win as bookmaker-odds and table standings suggest. If Freiburg, who regular at home create a lot of chances but have problems to find the net can score they will have a good chance for a draw. Best bet for this match is imo UNDER 2,5 goals at exceptional 2.10. My prediction: Freiburg 1-1 Leverkusen

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th SC Freiburg - Bayer Leverkusen Last season Freiburg qualified for Euro-League, a new highlight for the small club from south. Against all odds they established themselves very well in BuLi within the last years. But as often, the clubs with no depths in their squad struggle in the league, when they have to deal with steady midweek/weekend-rhythm (see Frankfurt too). Freiburg didn`t manage to qualify for KO-phase and so can focus on the League. Right now they did no transfers, no injury-worries are known. Leverkusen played most games very strong first half of the season but showed also some weakness for example at Braunschweig 0-1, when coach Hyypiä tried some rotation (without Kiessling and Son) or the last two games before the christmas-break (H Frankfurt 0-1, A Bremen 0-1) when they looked tired. In between they earned quail for CL 1/16 round in the group with ManU and overall 2nd spot in the league. With new German international Sidney Sam they have a long time absentee and while preparation for second part of the season offensive midfielder and Aussie-international R. Kruse got heavily injured and will miss rest of the season as well as WC. New signings are young South-Korean Seung-Woo Ryo and very talented U 19-International Julian Brandt (Wolfsburg). Only Dominik Kohr, who mostly played for Reserve-team, left (to Augsburg). Known as very strong at their own pitch Freiburg is only 1-3-4, 7-15 this season but with no other international obligations on schedule they will do much better second part of the season. And they have too very badly, if they want to avoid relegation. If better times will come with the first game of the season is questionable, playing a CL-candidate, but with their fighting-spirit and their technical potential they are not totally lost. Leverkusen showed good form in friendlies and are 5-0-3, 9-6 on the road. For first game they will miss two regular CB (Spahic and Wollscheid) through suspension. They will be replaced by Reinhardt and Toprak. Both are enough experienced and can do a good job, only at the bench will be no substitute for this position of same standard. New transfers are very young and will be used only as subs. At all I don’t see a clear Away win as bookmaker-odds and table standings suggest. If Freiburg, who regular at home create a lot of chances but have problems to find the net can score they will have a good chance for a draw. Best bet for this match is imo UNDER 2,5 goals at exceptional 2.10. My prediction: Freiburg 1-1 Leverkusen

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Don't agree with this under, Libuda. Bet on Freiburg is definitely okay, because there's some value in these odds and Leverkusen showed some weak performances in December. But when you look at Freiburg's home games, you realise that there have always been a lot of goal scoring opportunities for them, but also for the away teams. For example against Wolfsburg or Hamburg, where they made some horrible mistakes, but also had some great chances. It's also important to look at the H2H between these teams, because their coaches Streich and Hyypiä are there for quite a long time. In the first leg game this season, Leverkusen won 3:1, but had some problems. It was nearly the same in their cup game, where Leverkusen was able to get the 2:1 away win, but Freiburg had a lot of chances. The only thing which keeps me away from betting against Freiburg were their bad friendlies during the winter break, especially the game against Union Berlin, where they showed a horrible performance, especially in the defence. Without Spahic and Wollscheid, Leverkusen's defence could get some problems against Mehmedi and Schmid for example and i don't think that under is the right choice here.

Don't agree with this under' date=' Libuda. ............Without Spahic and Wollscheid, Leverkusen's defence could get some problems against Mehmedi and Schmid for example and i don't think that under is the right choice here.[/quote'] Sure, you might look to this matter from different angles, but LEV strenghts in defense is imo based on their fantastic defense midfielder Bender/Rolfes, one of the strongest duos in the League. The keep away a ot of work from the CB`s. Im not really a fan of Spahic/Wollscheid or Toprak/Reinhartz. For me all of them are in the moment not top-standard for a club which plays CL (sometimes I wish Sami back there). On the other hand I guess that Freiburg goes into the game getting a result. That would be very important for the future and will focus on defense in first place. Stats say LEV is Away 6x UNDER 2x OVER incl. the phantom-goal from Hoffenheim. Normally thiis would have been an under too, so real stats are 7-1 for under. Freiburg is 3 (incl. 1-1 with Bayern) to 6 ( incl. 0-3 with Hamburg and Wolfsburg). Direct Lev won the last in Cup (1-2) but in last two seasons ended 0-2 and 2-0. ... With this odds of 2.10 I'll stay with my prediction. LATEST NEWS: Austrian international striker Patrick Zulechner (23) from Grödig, 15 goals in 20 games in Austrian league, just signed for Freiburg till 2017. No informarmation right now if he plays already at Saturday.

Direct Lev won the last in Cup (1-2) but in last two seasons ended 0-2 and 2-0. ... With this odds of 2.10 I'll stay with my prediction.
I don't care about these results, because Leverkusen's coach was Lewandowski in these games and they definitely played with another style. Also Freiburg was much better in this season, especially in the defence. It's more important for me to see these games and not only look at the stats. And if you saw Freiburg against Stuttgart or Frankfurt at home for example, you know that they are able to create a lot of chances. But good luck, i'll skip this game. ;)

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th It's been confirmed by Guardiola that Ribery has pain in his legs but he didn't confirm 100% he won't play - he is having a fitness test today, Martinez is out - along with long term Schwein and Badstuber - Robben has been training and should be fit to play.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Robben and Ribery (back) out for tonight. Lahm fit. Bayern: Neuer -- Rafinha, Boateng, Dnte, Alaba, -- Lahm -- Müller, Thiago, Kroos, Götze -- Mandzukic. For BMG Jantschke (RB) and Brouwers (CB) not available. Dominguez comes back. BMG: ter Stegen -- Korb, Stranzl, Dominguez, Wendt -- Kramer, Xhaka -- Herrmann, Raffael, Arrango -- Kruse. LIVE in free-TV - ARD, 20.15 h.

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th I think the Munchengladbach v Bayern Game will produce goals. Munchengaldbach have gone over in 7 of 9 home games. In 9 of their last 10 they have scored 2 or more goals. Historically the fixture has produced mega goals, the last 3 similar fixtures going 4 or more goals (7, 4, 6) Bayern have scored at least 1 goal in their last 25 away games. Their 1st half goal numbers (for and against) are high, and I am confident this game will go over 2.5 Happy to take the over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.65 on bet365 for 4 units I think that Munchengladbach may cause an upset here as well having won 8 of their last 9 home games. Well worth a 1 unit punt here at odds of 7 various

I think the Munchengladbach v Bayern Game will produce goals. Munchengaldbach have gone over in 7 of 9 home games. In 9 of their last 10 they have scored 2 or more goals. Historically the fixture has produced mega goals, the last 3 similar fixtures going 4 or more goals (7, 4, 6) Bayern have scored at least 1 goal in their last 25 away games. Their 1st half goal numbers (for and against) are high, and I am confident this game will go over 2.5 Happy to take the over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.65 on bet365 for 4 units I think that Munchengladbach may cause an upset here as well having won 8 of their last 9 home games. Well worth a 1 unit punt here at odds of 7 various
A little unlucky not to go over 2.5. Gladbach hit the post twice , and a great save by their keeper in th 89th minute kept it at 2

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Last minute news: WOLFSBURG - K. de Bruyne in starting XI. - Ch. Träsch (RB) questionable (virus), might be replaced through R. Rodriguez or S. Medojevic. STUTTGART - To be expected in 4-4-2 with M. Abdellaoue as 2nd striker beside Ibisevic. - Newcomer T. Werner (back problems) questionable on left wing. Could be replaced through A. Maxime or I. Traore, who comes back from knee-injury. Mainz - Everything looks like L. Karius has been choosen Goalie No.1 (ag. Wetklo and new transfer D. Kresic) - OM J. C. Koo (former Wolfsburg) will start. COMMENT: Stuttgart with a lot of offensive power. – Mainz, with Koo as central-midfielder more dangerous. – Smell of goals in this game! PREDICTION: Stuttgart 3-1 Mainz Nürnberg - GK R. Schaefer fit. - Because of missing Pogatetz, J. Pinola will play CB again - M. Hasebe (OM) injured – will be replaced by M. Feulner Hoffenheim - Coach Gisdol still in question for No.1 Goalie Grahl or Casteels - OM K. Volland and Elyounoussi are called questionable. - Also S. Schipplock not 100% fit. COMMENT: Nürnberg with a lot of goals during tests. Maybe they can change their dreadful balance straight from the start. Hoffenheim coach Gisdol a little shaky about first XI. I guess, when ever possible, everybody of the questionables will be in first XI. Grahl will be choosen No 1-goalie for a while. PREDICTION: Nürnberg 2-1 Hoffenheim

Re: Bundesliga > January 24th & 29th Dortmund is one of the few teams for which the break should only benefit. Recall that before the winter break Borussia looked just awful. In 6 rounds just one victory at 4 defeats and one draw. Just recall because of what it was. Dortmund infirmary was crowded. Dropped out of the game the whole line of defense had to play not that experimental line-up , but in general it is unclear how , putting players in the position in which they had not even tried to play. Now the problem is almost solved. In fact today Borussia only 2 major losses in the defense , and the rest will be on the field the whole basis. Perhaps someone should swing after break, but Borussia no time to lose. They slipped to 4th place , which gives the right to play in the Champions League only through Qualifiers. And besides, on the heels of Wolfsburg , and so it is possible to slip into the zone Europa League. In general , should immediately take the bat. Especially because yesterday Bavaria took 3 away points from Borussia M and now , if wins , goes on clear 3rd place. So there is motivation. Augsburg is not the easiest opponent. Team is in 8th place in the last 5 rounds they have no losses. But it is fair to say that were not the strongest rivals. Need to pay attention to personal meetings where Dortmund has an overwhelming advantage: 10.08.13 Augsburg - Borussia Dortmund 0:4 (0:1) 06.04.13 Dortmund - Augsburg 4:2 (1:2) 10.11.12 Augsburg - Borussia Dortmund 1:3 (0:1) 10.03.12 Augsburg - Borussia Dortmund 0:0 (0:0) 01.10.11 Dortmund - Augsburg 4:0 (2:0) Only once , playing away they couldnt win. In general, a convincing victory of the home team will be the most likely outcome of the meeting. Dortmund -1.5 AH at 2.07 Pinnacle