** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup > January 4th & 5th

Aidymac

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Nottingham Forest Vs West Ham Big Sam has come out and said that he will be playing a few reserves in this match and this has caused the odds to swing, with prices being about 2 for a forest win and 4 for a West Ham win. The thing is though, in the cup games this season, Forest have fielded a 100% reserve 11 themselves. So in all likelihood, it is going to be two reserve teams playing tomorrow, which begs the question, who has the better reserves? Considering West Ham are in the Premiership, I'd imagine it should be them, so with that considered, 4 is pretty good odds for them to win. Odds taken from Betvictor.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th I think that Manchester United should hit back today.Moyed doesn't have the luxury to ignore any trophies especialy given his recent results.He is under a lot of pressure and he can't afford another mistake at Old Trafford.Swansea have 5-6 absences and the suad will be stretched to its limits.So this game appears to be a must win for United i think and -1Ah seems generous to me(1.87)with bet365. P.S-United will be without Rooney and Young who got injured

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Regarding Manchester United I think it is harsh schedule for them. As they will play today and on Tuesday in Capital One Cup, so they will most likely unavailable to bring best squad to both games. Taking that into consideration I think that FA Cup will be unlucky where deeper reserves will play, despite risking to get second defeat in a row in Old Trafford. So my picks for this are: 4/10 Double chance Swansea 2,62 at bet365 2/10 Swansea 7,5 at bet365 It is possible to find higher prices, but I don't have funds elsewhere for now.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th

I think that Manchester United should hit back today.Moyed doesn't have the luxury to ignore any trophies especialy given his recent results.He is under a lot of pressure and he can't afford another mistake at Old Trafford.Swansea have 5-6 absences and the suad will be stretched to its limits.So this game appears to be a must win for United i think and -1Ah seems generous to me(1.87)with bet365. P.S-United will be without Rooney and Young who got injured
I hear you but I just don't know that United have got anything to hit them with. Rooney has been the only creative spark in the midfield for weeks. Against Norwich, United got played off the park 1st 45 and found a way to fluke it. Against Hull, Shambolic defending got them in a hole that they somehow climbed out of. Against Spurs they had 1 shot on goal in the 1st 45 minutes. I just cannot see how United will open the goal scoring floodgates, as the midfield control, and service to the front men is non-existent. The only hope for them is that Swansea field a weak side (they have 21 points in the league and need some wins there). Betting wise this game just looks like a fizzing bomb to me ! Not sure where the value is, and have no faith in either team ...:unsure

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th 2 Sunday games that look good. Port Vale to beat Plymouth Plymouth a league down with a poor away record. Just 3 wins in 12 away games, losing 6 times. Port Vale 1.95 betvictor, bet365, williamhill for the Home win 2 units Forest v West Ham I fancy Forest for the win here, but as an outside shot the HT/FT win win may be an option. Forest have done well 1st half of home games, and the pace of the championship, may just catch a slow start West Ham on the back foot. Forest HT/FT win win is as much as 3.6 on betvictor, and 3.8 on 32red 2units here and 2 units on the Forest Home win at 2.15 paddypower and bwin

Don-t you think Forest could also field 11 reserve players as he use to done in the past? In that case value is on Westham. When we are going to know the 11 players of Forest?
With the trouble West Ham are in, in the Premier league, I think this game has almost zero importance for Allerdyce. Their #1 priority is premier league survival . They have a MASSIVE game against Cardiff next week. Forest want to keep their momentum and push for the premier league going, and will probably be firing on all cylinders. Motivation is huge in this game.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th Forest to win and over 2.5 goals @ 3 - bet365. Price has shrunk but it seems like a decent bet for an interest. Both sides may be a bit of an unknown quantity here as West Ham will have to dip into their pool of talent. They've not had a bad youth academy over the years so the automatic assumption is that they're replacing the injured players with players that have only one leg! However I think the time is right for Forest to claim a scalp here. They don't have a game until next Saturday, where as West Ham have the Carling Cup Semi Final on Wednesday. Neither team needs a replay so I expect to see a fairly open contest with a few Hammers players out to impress. Forest have been in great form in the league and haven't been conceding many of late but again, it's the unknown quantity of who West Ham will put out that can catch them by surprise. I'd expect players like Stewart Downing and Joe Cole to play some part so there will be a smattering of experience from established professionals. Forest understandably, with Andy Reid in the side, love their set pieces and you couldn't go far wrong backing Greg Halford to score Anytime @ 4.33 - Coral, or first goalscorer @ 10 - Coral. He used to love scoring when he was playing at Pompey and scored a total of seven the year we were relegated from the Championship. He's scored in his last three and you'd expect him to fancy his chances against a Hammers side that will be forced into a defensive reshuffle and may have to play four fullbacks at the back. I don't expect too many changes from Forest, and they have a pretty big squad so the players they bring in can cope fairly easily, should they opt to make changes. I certainly wouldn't expect such things as "11 reserves" being played. Statements like that are misleading as Forest have a big squad :ok

I think Spurs are a woeful price at 3/1 to win at the Emirates, they beat United away last time out granted and this is the cup & a big derby, but I feel they should be around the 4/1 - 9/2 mark to win here. Arsenal are having a great season, they are top of the league, going well in the Champions League and got a gutsy win at home to Cardiff when the chips were down the other day. They have shown a few battling qualities this season that they have not showed for many years where they have picked up results where maybe they did not deserve to do so. Spurs are playing very well under Sherwood, Adebayor is revitalised but I worry big time for Danny Rose tomorrow who is a poor defender in my own personal opinion and if he has to try keep tabs on Walcott he is in for a tough afternoon. (Granted both of them start) I had Arsenal as 4/6 shots according to my own tissue so I feel the 21/20 available is cracking value. I also think the Over 2.5 is hugely likely and I had priced it up as an 8/15 chance as when these two teams meet more times than not there is a goal fest. In recent years there has been a 4-4, 5-2 and 5-2 so in a cup game it could be worth having a stab at the goals market and correct scores at huge prices for small stakes. Arsenal to WIN - 10 Points @ 21/20 Bet365 Over 2.5 Goals - 10 Points @ 8/11 Stan James Over 6.5 Goals - 1 Point @ 20/1 Bet365 Arsenal to Win 5-2 - 0.5 Points @ 179/1 Betway Arsenal to Win 4-3 - 0.5 Points @ 139/1 Betway
Needed 1 more goal! Staked - 22 Returns - 20.50 Arsenal played well, thought Walcott had a sublime game and with Gnabry also having a blinder we could see Walcott playing a more forward role.

Re: FA Cup > January 4th & 5th I think Welbeck has been brilliant for United this season, he has had a much more productive season that many expected he would have. It is likely Hernandez will also play, so althought Robin and Rooney will probably not play there is still plenty of quality up front for United. Swansea have a big injury list which include Michu, Hernandez, Vorm, Dyer and Britton is a doubt. Moyes will definitely be taking this competition seriously as he has never won a major trophy managing and United have no title aspirations this season. Spurs won at Old Trafford last time out but United didn't play that badly at all in general, they had 16 attempts on goal and 61% of the ball. I think United will win today and recover from the terrible result against Spurs. Manchester United to beat Swansea - 10 Points @ 11/20 Bet Victor Manchester United to Win 2-1 - 1 Point @ 8/1 Bet Victor

really bad West Ham team: Adrian, Jarvis, Maiga, Morrison, Diarra, Downing (coffee), Potts, Whitehead, Lletget, Driver, Moncur Subs: Spiegel, Lee, Turgott, Fanimo, Maguire, Gordon, Burke
Dan Potts was on loan with Pompey until recently too....

Forest HT/FT win win is as much as 3.6 on betvictor, and 3.8 on 32red 2units here and 2 units on the Forest Home win at 2.15 paddypower and bwin
DOne and dusted :cigar How bad are west Ham ? One criteria that dominates all others in these cup games...... MOTIVATION Congrats to all winners, lets keep it rolling :D

Forest to win and over 2.5 goals @ 3 - bet365. Price has shrunk but it seems like a decent bet for an interest. Both sides may be a bit of an unknown quantity here as West Ham will have to dip into their pool of talent. They've not had a bad youth academy over the years so the automatic assumption is that they're replacing the injured players with players that have only one leg! However I think the time is right for Forest to claim a scalp here. They don't have a game until next Saturday, where as West Ham have the Carling Cup Semi Final on Wednesday. Neither team needs a replay so I expect to see a fairly open contest with a few Hammers players out to impress. Forest have been in great form in the league and haven't been conceding many of late but again, it's the unknown quantity of who West Ham will put out that can catch them by surprise. I'd expect players like Stewart Downing and Joe Cole to play some part so there will be a smattering of experience from established professionals. Forest understandably, with Andy Reid in the side, love their set pieces and you couldn't go far wrong backing Greg Halford to score Anytime @ 4.33 - Coral, or first goalscorer @ 10 - Coral. He used to love scoring when he was playing at Pompey and scored a total of seven the year we were relegated from the Championship. He's scored in his last three and you'd expect him to fancy his chances against a Hammers side that will be forced into a defensive reshuffle and may have to play four fullbacks at the back. I don't expect too many changes from Forest, and they have a pretty big squad so the players they bring in can cope fairly easily, should they opt to make changes. I certainly wouldn't expect such things as "11 reserves" being played. Statements like that are misleading as Forest have a big squad :ok
Pretty much done and dusted as well although I'm surprised West Ham just haven't given a toss. ..... What is it with these kids, none of them have even tried to impress or break into a sweat.

Re: FA Cup > Saturday January 4th 2014

I've had a look down and think these teams might be some value at current odds. This is largely based on recent shots on target stats which can be a guide to true form. At this stage, these aren't tips, but ideas ... Saturday A Villa v Sheff Utd Sheff Utd @ 9.0 Brighton v Reading Brighton @ 2.2 Doncaster v Stevenage Stevenage @ 4.9 Everton v QPR QPR @ 10.0 Wigan v MK Dons MK Dons @ 5.0 Yeovil v Leyton Orient Orient @ 3.1 Sunday Nottingham Forest v West Ham Forest @ 2.5 Sunderland v Carlisle Carlisle @ 11.0
Quick postscript on this - Sheffield Utd, Brighton, Stevenage and Forest managed to win