** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th

Aidymac

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th

and kroos is looking for a move away. lol' date=' after this performance there will be a lot of clubs interested if they werent already[/quote'] bayern would be silly to let him go, he makes them tick! world class player . bayern still have bastian and ribery to come back lool scary scary team

bayern would be silly to let him go' date=' he makes them tick! world class player . bayern still have bastian and ribery to come back lool scary scary team[/quote'] all about the money. he wants more. bayern dont pay premier league oil money salaries. not yet anyways.

all about the money. he wants more. bayern dont pay premier league oil money salaries. not yet anyways.
Well if United are going to pay Rooney £300k a week Kroos should be looking at £600k a week easily! Be a millionaire in a few weeks..nice work if you can get it.

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th The red killed the game though it was fair. Arsenal managed to be on par with Bayern before that and they even had the chance to draw the first blood. Ozil proved again he lacks the mentality to excel in big games like this. Kroos on the other hand took the chance to justify his claim for world class salary. Bayern have a a serious headache now. Both ManCity and Arsenal are practically out, ManUtd is like a second rated team, it leaves Chelsea the only hope of PL this season.

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th Ozil proved once again that he is ineffective when stuck in his own half the whole match not that he lacks the mentality for the big games. He needs his midfield to dominate so he can play in the final third where he is the most devastating playmaker around as no one can match the quality of his final ball. Players like Iniesta and Fabregas can have a bigger effect on the game as a whole but even they would struggle to match Ozil's vision and pass execution on a consistent basis. Ozil just can't use his strengths in his own half, he needs to be in and around the opposition box. The criticism of Ozil has gone way over the top. This is the player who left Real Madrid as their second best player leaving his former teammates shocked and angry at his departure. He's had a better season than David Silva's introduction to English football and he's the one in the limelight at the moment. Ozil needs time like so many others who move to a foreign league to show his full potential which I have no doubt will come especially with quick direct players like Chamberlain and Podolski around him rather than Giroud and a load of other playmakers. Of course expectations are going to be high with the huge price that brought him to Arsenal but slating him as a bottler and a waste of money is ridiculous at this stage and unfortunately seems to have become the popular thing to do now as people conveniently forget his storming start to the season. If he scored that penalty people would probably praise his cool and calmness but because the keeper guessed the right way he's now a bottler. He was a bargain in the summer and hasn't suddenly lost his ability as he adapts. Ozil will regain his form in time and prove to be better than ever as he adapts to his new surroundings I'm sure.

all about the money. he wants more. bayern dont pay premier league oil money salaries. not yet anyways.
Bayern pay also very high wages. Rumoured that 2 players (Schweinsteiger e.g.) are earning 10 mio Euro although it is gross earnings. Problem is that Kroos is earning around 2-3 mio and he wants definitely more.

Bayern pay also very high wages. Rumoured that 2 players (Schweinsteiger e.g.) are earning 10 mio Euro although it is gross earnings. Problem is that Kroos is earning around 2-3 mio and he wants definitely more.
I still think that bayern may only pay those wages to a couple of club legends like lahm if at all, whereas in PL every bloody player who's worth anything is getting much more than that. Either way, this bayern team have too many good players in too many positions and I dont think they will pay kroos that much. Then gotze, muller, et al will ask for a rise. Think even though kroos is a decent player, it probably wouldnt be worth it for bayern to meet his requirements. TBH they will probably tell Kroos that his is playing for a team thats best in the world and will be playing in CL final for a couple of years and thats a priviledge in itself. But most players just want the money , not the trophies anymore.

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th Fully agree, People who say Ozil isn't worth it are really morrons. Which playmaker ever played good games on his own half? It's impossible for a player like Ozil to perform on a high level when the only thing he can do is runinng after a ball for 60 minutes. He was one of the best at Real, way bigger club than Arsenal so please don't let your anger get the upper hand here. Anyways, great CL round so far. Huge profit made due PSG, Bayer, Barcelona and Atletico madrid. All favorites one the first leg for once in our lives, enjoy the money cause the 2nd leg will be awfull for betting. :D I do think that Bayern will finish Arsenal in Germany though. If you looked at Pep's face, he was really angry that his team didn't perform that good against 10 men. No way Bayern will loose this leg twice in a row. But the odds are low on the other hand so no way I'm going high stakes on it. Just my 2 cents, bayern will win again at home. :)

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th Ozil has been shocking the past couple of months.. Zero goals and 1 assist from his last 12 games and he is supposed to be the playmaker, the creative link in the side.. He certainly is not living up to his price-tag so far, nowhere near it. Senk, Ozil wasn't running after the ball against United, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Fulham, Villa and West Ham lately and he still did nothing with the ball. He deserves the criticism he is getting at the moment, even other pro's in the Premier League have slated his performances.

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th They tend to over analyze when the game is over :) All in all, should Arsenal have scored the penalty, I doubt Bayern would get anything better than a minimum loss. They were dreadful by their standards, so much for this ultra top hard Bayern, who is without competition... If they play this Guardiola style 8 midfielder chocking the ball their demise will be legendary. The game last night showed the drop in quality that bundesliga suffered after Bayern used the dominatrix system to buy out anything thats good. They are without competition at home, but first decent test (not the injured lion arsenal is atm) will show that type of as being overrated. I will probably back Arsenal to get a result in Munich, because Bayern were unimpressive to say the least. I can not put the equals on both parts of their game. With 11v11 they were insecure, their passes were getting cut, and by the red card they had maybe 15% more attempted passes than Arsenal, and to think they base their game on passing, well that is horrific for the dime they spend..

Ozil has been shocking the past couple of months.. Zero goals and 1 assist from his last 12 games and he is supposed to be the playmaker, the creative link in the side.. He certainly is not living up to his price-tag so far, nowhere near it. Senk, Ozil wasn't running after the ball against United, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Fulham, Villa and West Ham lately and he still did nothing with the ball. He deserves the criticism he is getting at the moment, even other pro's in the Premier League have slated his performances.
True, and we all knew his form was rubbish lately but we must not forget that Ozil mever was a player who carried his teams personally. He never was a great goal scorer but he is still one of the best play makers in current football. The thing is at Real madrid he always had Higuan, Benzema, di maria or Ronaldo in fromt of him. So a lot of his passes ended in the back of the net. At Arsenal there is no such player so it takes way more energy to fullfill his role atleast that's my opinion. No doubt he can do better cause his first few games were great as a Gunner. Maybe he now feels the pressure of being THE player at Arsenal. He never had such pressure before especially not in his last years at Real. He could shine in the shade as you know what I mean. (Funny thing cause he started to play bad after Ramsey got injured) their rising star of the team. Maybe that roll suits him better, I do think so actually if you look at him as a person. But, you're right, that does not take away his form dip and I hope for Arsenal he will be at his max level soon. He can still do it, no doubts about that but if you are an Arsenal fan I feel you mate. Really frustrating when Wenger finally spends 50 million! ;-)

Re: Arsenal v FC Bayern München > Wednesday February 19th You are right Senk, a player does not turn bad overnight, Ozil is still a world class player for me, he just has to find his feet in this league. And you are also right when you mention the pressure of being the best player at Arsenal, only a select few players are able to carry teams and we so far have found out Ozil can't. However, with Arsenal doing so well this season they should be able to attract more big names, and when they arrive Ozil will flourish.