** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bowles' flat racing bets

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets

a flat meeting hurrah! 4.20 LING VIENNA'S BOY 12/1 S James 5pts ew (one day this horse will win!).................1st 15/2:) 4.50 LING VELVET WATERS 12/1 Skybet 5pts ew (one day this horse will win!)............unpl 20pts staked
another good day, great price on Vienna's boy!!! :rollin 85pts returned:ok

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets A busy day today with plenty of action. I wasnt going to have a flat bet but i was swayed when i saw a couple of horses I have been waiting to win with were running. 3.45 Newm DUCK ROW 5pts ew @ 20/1 Bet direct AUDIENCE 5pts ew @ 25/1 Sp odds 3.10 Newm JOHNNY JUMPUP 5pts ew @ 8/1 Sp odds 30pts staked

A busy day today with plenty of action. I wasnt going to have a flat bet but i was swayed when i saw a couple of horses I have been waiting to win with were running. 3.45 Newm DUCK ROW 5pts ew @ 20/1 Bet direct....................6th 9/1 AUDIENCE 5pts ew @ 25/1 Sp odds.......................4th 12/1 btn nk for place:@ 3.10 Newm JOHNNY JUMPUP 5pts ew @ 8/1 Sp odds................last 30pts staked
0pts rteturned yesterday. pity about Audience, it was flying at the death & if it had got out earlier would have nicked at least a place.

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets Todays action at Lingfield brings us 2 interesting 6f handicaps 2.10 Ling Celtic Mill won the Grp2 Temple stakes at big odds winning from pillar to post over Sandowns tough 5f. It's 6f career is very interesting with 6 wins in 14 starts with 1 of those on the AW. Todays race is a serious drop in class for the horse with a BHB rating of 111 today running of 97. Border Music is a worthy fav after it demolished the field during the week over 7f at this course. However, Celtic Mill is a speed merchany & can run these off their feet & be clear with 2 to go. It will just be a matter if it can hold on before Border Music tries to win its race. Border Music is running off a career high mark having gone from a low 75 up to current 89 rating. There are also a few form lines here that give Russian Symphony a good chance, Its superb 2nd behind Presto Shinko is seriously good form. it also has a C/D win to its name. Celtic Mill 10pts win 7/1 Skybet (this price amazes me!) Russian Symphony 5pts ew 12/1 Sp odds 3.20 Ling Zowington won a Class 2 sprint at Newbury 9 days ago & takes top weight today in a Class 4. I cannot see why it isnt favourite & I will definitely back it to follow up today with the useful Jamie Mackay on board. Zowington 10pts win @ 6/1 Sp odds 30pts staked

Todays action at Lingfield brings us 2 interesting 6f handicaps 2.10 Ling Celtic Mill won the Grp2 Temple stakes at big odds winning from pillar to post over Sandowns tough 5f. It's 6f career is very interesting with 6 wins in 14 starts with 1 of those on the AW. Todays race is a serious drop in class for the horse with a BHB rating of 111 today running of 97. Border Music is a worthy fav after it demolished the field during the week over 7f at this course. However, Celtic Mill is a speed merchany & can run these off their feet & be clear with 2 to go. It will just be a matter if it can hold on before Border Music tries to win its race. Border Music is running off a career high mark having gone from a low 75 up to current 89 rating. There are also a few form lines here that give Russian Symphony a good chance, Its superb 2nd behind Presto Shinko is seriously good form. it also has a C/D win to its name. Celtic Mill 10pts win 7/1 Skybet (this price amazes me!) Russian Symphony 5pts ew 12/1 Sp odds 3.20 Ling Zowington won a Class 2 sprint at Newbury 9 days ago & takes top weight today in a Class 4. I cannot see why it isnt favourite & I will definitely back it to follow up today with the useful Jamie Mackay on board. Zowington 10pts win @ 6/1 Sp odds 30pts staked
Celtic Mill :$ 3rd 8/1 (still could not believe the price, it ran very well & held on for 3rd, maybe i should have played safe with the ew) Russian Symphony :D 2nd 7/1 (i got 12's, & the horse ran a blinder running on eyecatchingly to get nearest to the winner Border Music) Zowington :$ Unpl 4/1f (again, i nicked the price but the horse ran below form) 20pts returned :ok I dont normally follow the AW, so this wasnt bad for me today.

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets last few days of this thread before i close it on Saturday. Wednesday Nottingham 1.25 THE LONDON GANG 10pts win @ 23.0 Betfair Reverting to 5f, this horse has dropped in class recently & has showed good enough form on recent outings to take this sort of race. Ground will be fairly desperate & i am confident that will aid the chances of this one. Has top apprentice Saleem Golam going for every win he can at the moment so that is another positive.

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets Thursday at Musselburgh 3.40 MACTAVISH 10pts win @ 18.0 Betfair Ian Semple's horse looks well treated here with a plum draw 16/16, & looking back at last years form, it was leading the field in better class races than this (class 1 & 2 compared with class 4 tomorrow). At those odds, i think its definitely worth a squeak. 10pts staked

Thursday at Musselburgh 3.40 MACTAVISH 10pts win @ 18.0 Betfair Ian Semple's horse looks well treated here with a plum draw 16/16, & looking back at last years form, it was leading the field in better class races than this (class 1 & 2 compared with class 4 tomorrow). At those odds, i think its definitely worth a squeak. 10pts staked
Mactavish is 33's with sporting odds:wall still think it will start around 16-20/1 though.

Picked that up at 33/1 mate because of your tip. You do not understand how much of a hole you dug me out of. Legend. :ok
I'm not joking now AdamP, but that sums up what I am here for. Your post touched me to be honest! Cheers Mate. Proves that hard work pays off sometimes!

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets I had lost just over a grand since Monday (full montly salary gone) and won't be paid til 30th November. Had £20 left and thought I'd chance it and went for the £5 each way. If that hadn't have come in, I wouldn't be eating this month. Unfortunately, all my direct debits come out tomorrow and I've got nothing in my account to pay it, serves me right for being too greedy with large bets. Had a Chelsea/Lyon double for £500 as the odds were too tasty and that has scunnered me. Again, thanks, much appreciated, you have saved me.

Thursday at Musselburgh 3.40 MACTAVISH 10pts win @ 18.0 Betfair.............1st 33/1:clap Ian Semple's horse looks well treated here with a plum draw 16/16, & looking back at last years form, it was leading the field in better class races than this (class 1 & 2 compared with class 4 tomorrow). At those odds, i think its definitely worth a squeak. 10pts staked
ok, have to take the hit with the price as i posted last night, cost me 150pts of profit:wall . Still, what a winner, I believed the draw would play a prt & his form last year was much better than these today. 180pts returned:ok

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets cheers lads. Last day of the flat today so the thread will close in profit:ok 12.15 at Doncaster, i fully expect Cardinal Venture to finally get up into the placings. Only at 8/1 presently so not a great price. Big enough to go ew, so 5pts ew @ 8/1. Totalbet 10pts staked

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets Cheers STP. I hope to do a round up of the results per month also for a bit of interest. One more today to round things off: 3.35 Donc FRANK SONATA 5pts ew @ 22/1 Skybet Certainly capable of winning a big handicap & being top rated, the value is the price. Definitely likes the ground also. 10pts staked

cheers lads. Last day of the flat today so the thread will close in profit:ok 12.15 at Doncaster, i fully expect Cardinal Venture to finally get up into the placings. Only at 8/1 presently so not a great price. Big enough to go ew, so 5pts ew @ 8/1. Totalbet 10pts staked
cardinal wins by 10L at 9/1:nana , why is the season ending!!!

3.35 Donc FRANK SONATA 5pts ew @ 22/1 Skybet Certainly capable of winning a big handicap & being top rated, the value is the price. Definitely likes the ground also. 10pts staked
Frank Sonata NR Pity as i already had Come on Johnny in reserve but was at footie when the horse was pulled out. Still the thread ended on a high with the 8/1 winner. 10pts staked 60pts returned:ok Thanks for all the kind words from those following the thread since March. 7000 views is excellent & although it's very difficult to keep a thread going through bad times, I enjoyed it.

Re: Bowles' flat racing bets Final day was yesterday, now for the stats!: March...........winning month April..............losing month May..............winning month June.............losing month July..............winning month August..........losing month Sept............winning month October.......losing month November.....winning month strange pattern above? Overall position Bets 555 Winning returns 143 Staked 5550pts Returned 5939.95pts P/L +389.95:ok Most popular course for winners Sandown & Doncaster both 8 apeice.:clap Biggest price winner Celtic Mill 36.0 Betfair:clap Biggest price place bet Irony & Ashdown Express both at 50/1:clap It's been quite a journey, since March this year & 7000+ views later, i must turn my attention to the jumps now. MANY THANKS to all those fellow PL members who have contributed to this thread through the months. At one point 300pts down, i felt like i was going nowhere but it proves to stick by your stakes & your selections to the end! Now for some:beer :cheers :cow Lowest price winner at 10/11:clap other winners at 33/1, 22/1 & quite a few 20/1 winners.