** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan

kevshat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan

Good calls in here guys :ok You'll find that happens a lot where Whitlock is concerned... I don't know of anywhere. It may be a case of having to trawl the PDC website and the darts database one :ok Sunday previews: 4pts M.Webster (+2.5 sets) to beat M.van Gerwen Evs Bet365 I’d be surprised if Michael van Gerwen doesn’t win this match but I would be even more surprised if Mark Webster doesn’t provide a significant test for the wonderkid. Webster has played well in this tournament and while he his averages haven’t sparkled throughout the tournament there have been patches in each match where he has looked world class. A couple of those patches here should see him to the two sets he needs to cover the handicap. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-webster-betting-mark-webster-can-provide-a-tougher-test-than-the-odds-suggest 4pts A.Lewis vs J.Wade - Over 7.5 sets 11/10 Coral This has the potential to be a fantastic match between two of the best players in the game. Wade finally showed up in the last round which should have done his confidence no harm and he knows he has beaten Lewis plenty of times in the past. Lewis has shown superb form throughout 2013 and never lacks in confidence either so I’m expecting a high quality match here which goes beyond 7.5 sets. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/a-lewis-vs-wade-betting-last-of-the-quarter-finals-all-set-to-be-a-classic
Better you can take the +3.5 @ 1.95

Better you can take the +3.5 @ 1.95
That´s extremely risky. It only takes 2 webster sets and it´s busted. The guy is not a total nitwit he is not good but he can get 2 sets against Gerwen in his current form. He is not throwing his best darts yet.

That´s extremely risky. It only takes 2 webster sets and it´s busted. The guy is not a total nitwit he is not good but he can get 2 sets against Gerwen in his current form. He is not throwing his best darts yet.
But he plays Webster +2.5 for the same odd. I'm on under 27.5 legs @ 1.83 WH :). Lewis under 180s looks also fine.

It has less risk ... He gets 1 more set start.

I think thats a typing erorr in Kevshat post' date=' should read +3,5. Also think theres typing mistake in Ziener bet on the 180's in Lewis game. Lewis individual 180's line is 10,5. :ok[/quote'] Woops yeh typo will correct it! As for the handicap on Gerwen it is -3,5 on Gerwen or +3,5 on Webster. Same difference. Could be that bet365 offers a +2,5 line but that is sharp I would not take it on webster. On second thought that 180s under line on Lewis looks tricky as hell I think I will stick with the check out bets. Wade is such a tricky character you never know what to expect. I think kevshat over 7,5 sets bets on Lewis/Wade is a decent choice tough.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Also think the favorites will get this done pretty easy. Webster is lucky to be here, should have lost to both Suljovic and Henderson who had 3 darts for the match. Wade's isn't at his best from what we have seen from him on this WC, while Lewis form is fantastic atm. Expecting MVG & Lewis to progress with ease and and get the job done in 6-7 sets. Therefore 180's lines at 16,5 in MVG match & 17,5 in Lewis seems too high to me. Two singles @ 1,85 medium stakes on both. GL

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Semi final 1 preview: 4pts S.Whitlock vs P.Wright - Over 9.5 sets 11/10 Coral Both men went the distance in their quarter finals and I wouldn’t be surprised if they go the distance in this semi final either. Both are fairly evenly matched and both have shown good form this week so this semi final is all set up to be something of a close epic. Both men will sense the chance of a first world title so will be giving it their all which should carry us beyond 9.5 sets here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/whitlock-vs-wright-betting-opening-semi-final-looks-like-being-a-lengthy-affair

Games for tonight: Lewis - Wade Safe to say this is a match up between the kings of the check out. These two have been the sharpshooters on the doubles during the tournament. It won Lewis the match against King, despite a very disappointing 3 dart average he threw a check out percentage of 54% against Mervin King. That is one of the highest scores in the tournament. Against van de Voort Lewis had a 47% percentage. Wade threw a 52% check out percentage against Petersen and 56% before in the round against Smith. It's a rare event to get two check out kings like that in a match up so it is no surprise that some of my recommendations would be to seek value in the Check out's market. The highest finishes of both gentlemen: Wade finished: 122, 121,141. Lewis finished: 115, 146, 126. Now they will both get an opponent that requires utmost concentration and the best of their play. Al tough I favor Lewis, Wade is such a tricky player that with his tricky slow play and tempo changes will succeed in getting Lewis out of his rhythm. So there could be quite an amount of sets as Kevshat already mentioned. With their current form on the doubles I would be surprised if not one of them threw another high check out therefore I am playing: Highest checkout in the match over 138,5 @ 1,85 Unibet.
And wade finished a 140 already, main bet in the pocket :nana

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Nice work Ziener :ok. Semi final 2 preview: 5pts M.van Gerwen vs A.Lewis - Over 9.5 sets 11/10 Paddy Power Everything we’ve seen from these two over the course of 2013 suggests this will be an epic. These two save their best for each other and bring out the best of the other so we are in for a fantastic semi final here. The two met in the quarter final 12 months ago and it went all the way. Do not be surprised if the referee is announcing a final set before this one is won. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-a-lewis-betting-second-semi-final-should-be-another-epic-between-two-young-stars

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Simon Whitlock to score more 180s than Peter Wright @ 4/9 (Coral) Not the most appealing price, but if Wikipedia stats are to be believed, Whitlock has played 36 fewer legs at this year's event than Wright, but scored 12 more 180s. Wright also only managed six maximums against Newton in the last round, which went nine legs and a tie-break. Whitlock is tied with MVG for most in the tournament and with Wright facing new pressure in a first semi and perhaps feeling a bit tired after a few marathons with Smith and Newton, Whitlock should win this fairly easily and dominate the scoring.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Any thoughts on the over/under betting on the averages? Boylesports have gone with Wright 96.5, Whitlock 97.5, Lewis 98.5 and Van Gerwen 99.5. They all look quite high (perhaps apart from Lewis who could step in and smash past 98.5) I can't see Whitlock topping 97.5 and Van Gerwen will struggle to top 99.5, in a match of this length you're always going to get a few nightmare legs - either on doubles or scoring - which will kill your average badly.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Simon Whitlock - Most 180s @ 1/3 (v Wright) Nailed on for me, mentioned Wright and his bulkier darts previously for a bet that won. He hits loads of 140s but not so many 180s, its tough with the new darts, not a lot of room in the bed. The current tournament score's on the 180s are Whitlock 30, Wright 18. For me there is no reason why this will drastically change and Whitlock should win this at a canter. MVG - Most 180s @ 6/4 (v Lewis) Now I have Lewis in a bet for the Tourny most 180s. So this is a slight cover for that. However, so far Lewis has been slightly off in the scoring, and not hit as many has I had hoped. The current totals are MVG 30, Lewis 23. This will be a close match and I can see it being a 180 showdown. But on form so far, and with the cover of Lewis should he make the final I think this is a player.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Some of my bets for tonight: Wright vs Whitlock Altough the bookies have favorited Whitlock for this occasion I have to say that I do not agree. Apart from 180's scoring ability Whitlock does not all stand out in anything compared to Wright. When studying the statistics of both players this tournament you will see that they are very evenly matched. Wright throws better 3 dart averages and higher check outs, while their check out percentage is very evenly matched, Whitlock has more 180's power. Watching Wright, apart from his ridiculous haircut, was pure enjoyment for me. The fighting spirit in this man is something I really admire. This man had to fight his way through his last two matches and he is one of those annoying ankle biters that never let's go of his opponent. He is also not a whiner like Barneveld,Burnett and the like he is a fighter. The only thing that could be a problem with him is that he has to play the 3rd heavy match in 3 days now. He played a 7 setter and a 9 setter and he could be a bit tired. But then again Whitlock was finally tested against White and I was not impressed with him after his ridiculous downfall during the match. He might have just got away with it against White but Wright will beat him if he does that again. What do I expect? A tight match at least 10 sets. But I fancy Wright to win 5 sets against Whitlock, after that I cannot call it because his tiredness might come in to play and cost him the match. The mentally strongest player will win this and I think that is Wright. These guys are so evenly matched skill-wise that it comes down to who's will is stronger. Wright is quite the character, seems to have a lot of energy and a good attitude and he does not give up or behave like a mistreated child. As for the check out market in this match Wright is a good choice for a high finish. In 3 of his 4 last games he finished a +150 score. Whitlock on the other hand is not strong on the doubles and his highest finish is somewhere around 135. My bets: - Over 9,5 sets @ 2,10 Paddypower - Wright + 1,5 Set Handicap @ 1,75 Bwin - Wright to finish a over 130,5 @ 1,85 Bwin ( the check out line including whitlock is over 140,5 and I think 141 or higher is quite demanding since Whitlock threw no high finish so far I think it's risky to include him but some might say it's always better to bet on 2 horses ) Van Gerwen vs Lewis What a game :) This could be a classic game and it's a must watch for me. To me and the bookies Gerwen is the favorit and I think that's because his stats in this tournament are slightly better than Lewis'. Not much but mainly the last match van Gerwen had like a check out percentage of 54% vs Lewis's 39% and an average of 98 for Gerwen, 96 for Lewis. In the round before that van Gerwen had a 100,2 3 dart average and Lewis a 91 3 dart average. Check out percentage of Lewis was 10% better but then again his match was 3 sets shorter vs King so that is relatively equal. Like I said I think Gerwen will outscore Lewis in terms of 3 dart average again today and will finish better than him. I was not impressed with Lewis against King or against Wade. Both opponents played utter shite, way below their level and now I think Lewis will find out what it is to play a real tough opponent. I think he will struggle a lot with Gerwen today. Gerwen learned a great lesson yesterday he smashed Webster during the first 5 sets but then was throwing very nonchalantly and it cost him two more sets. He said that he has to keep his concentration as he thought to easy of it. I think he will be able to do the same to Lewis. I mean yesterday the first 3 sets van Gerwen was just a beast. He threw like 7 finishes above 100, if he can do that today he can easily take a 3 set lead against Lewis as well. So the bets for me well I will take van Gerwen here to win. That's about it I think he might beat Lewis 6-2 6-3 today and I do not feel comfortable with the over 9,5 set line. Possible bets could be Lewis to throw under 100,1 3 dart average or under 14,5 180's. It's very likely he will not achieve this as in his last 2 matches combined he threw only 10 180's total ( 3 vs king, 7 vs wade ) and an average of around 93. Micheal van Gerwen also thros on average more 180's than Lewis this tournament. Bets for me: Van Gerwen to win @ 1,83 Sportingbet Lewis to throw under 14,5 180's @ 1,85 Bwin Van Gerwen to score most 180's @ 2,40 Bwin Last but not least 2 bets on the final: Who will progress Pick = Wright & Van Gerwen @ 3,75 Bwin and Whitlock & Van Gerwen @ 3,25 Bwin. ( a single Wright & van Gerwen is also a fine pick I think )

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Another profit :clap Results: Gerwin to win @ 1,85 = won Lewis under 14,5 180's * 1,85 = won Wright +1,5H @ 1,75 = won Gerwin & Wright in final @ 3,75 = won Over 9,5 sets Wright , Whitlock = lost Wright to finish over 130,5 = lost Gerwen to score most 180's = lost ( small tip include the draw when its a close call. usually the draw in 180's is for a really crazy high odd. 10,00 it was at the bookie I used and i put a small stake on it just to cover my bet in case it would be close and it was a draw forgot to put this idea on the preview :$)

Got intresting it has indeed Kev.Anyway gonna take a bit on Peter Wright in the outright market, with Taylor now out and Lewis and Mvg in the other half could represent a decent price from what ive seen so far Snakebite is playing as well as anyone and fancy him to make the final if not go one better. 3 pts E.w Peter Wright to win outright 16/1 Corals (e.w 1/3 odds 1,2)
Happy with that no matter what happens in the final I've made a decent profit.Going to take a bit of time to have a think about the final and will no doubt take a few bets in a final that i think Wright has a decent chance.

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Good work guys. All the best with Wright, BB :ok. Final preview: 4pts Over 10.5 sets 11/10 Ladbrokes If you look at the stats of the tournament so far then Peter Wright has every chance in this final. He may not have been one of the favourites going into the tournament but this bloke is the real deal as is the man he faces in this final. Van Gerwen is capable of the brilliant while Wright is consistent and solid. Lewis missed a lot of doubles against van Gerwen but you get the feeling Wright is locked in on his doubles and a similar performance on the outer ring in this match from the Scot should see this match stay very close throughout. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/van-gerwen-vs-wright-betting-stats-suggest-the-world-championship-final-will-be-quite-tight

Re: PDC World Championship - 13 Dec - 1 Jan Been betting for the entire tournament but I will skip this match. I might put in a few live bets. I find it very hard to estimate what Wright is capable of in this final. Because I cannot call it I cannot recommend any bets on handicaps,legs or 180's and the doubles market is way too sharp to bet on. My feeling is a 7-5 or 7-4 for Gerwen but Wright could be a total surprise or disappointment tonight I find this one too risky to wager on. Good luck anway :ok