** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 13 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AJ Auxerre v Chamois Niortais (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.85 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]CA Bastia v SM Caen (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Istres v AS Nancy (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.55[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v Nîmes Olympique (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.70 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Lavallois v LB Châteauroux (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v FC Metz (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.87[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.62[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Troyes AC v Le Havre AC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.05[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 14 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v RC Lens (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 16 December 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v Clermont Foot (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]103.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Auxerre – Niort AJA have a few injury problems ahead of this match and are missing weapons in all 4 departments. Firstly, GK Olivier Sorin is out of action for 4-6 months and whilst Donovan Leon isn’t a bad replacement , he can be dodgy. He was at fault for 2 of Metz’s goals a couple of weeks ago, although did make a couple of good saves too. Right back Eric Marester is also out until the new year with an injury rumoured to have been obtained whilst dancing at a nightclub! Auxerre also have problems in midfield where their first choice pairing of Ait Ben Idir and Segbefia are still injured. Upfront, striker Sebastian Haller is another casualty, which is a blow because he was leading the line well upfront and in good form. Niort meanwhile, don’t have any injuries to worry about and have a full squad to choose from here. If Auxerre were at full strength then I’d maybe consider taking them, but in their current condition I’m not interested in them as an odds on shot. My main worry is in the middle of the park where I think they’ll be quite weakened and may well be out fought. Niort are a very negative side away from home and will probably park the bus aiming for a 0-0 draw. They will be very difficult to break down, whilst at the same time also offering some counter attacking threat at pace. Of course, Auxerre still have some good offensive talent here like Ngando and Ntep who could win them the match on their own, but on the whole as a team I’m not sure how they’ll perform. Another factor to consider is that maybe AJA will have their eye upon the Coupe de la Ligue midweek clash against Nantes. I don’t think this is going to be a particularly exciting contest and if Niort can keep it tight for the first 20 mins, it could be tough for AJA to break through. Prediction: Auxerre 0-0 Niort Recommended bet: None Brest – Nimes The hosts actually have a squad in much better condition now. They only have one injury of note, and thats to RB Ousemane Coulibaly. The likes of Traore, Falette, Moimbe and Lesoimier are all now back fit and included in the 16. Nimes do have issues though. Fullbacks Fanchone and Parpeix both miss out which means someone like Jeremy Cordoval is going to have to play on the left hand side of defence again, where he’s just not comfortable. In the middle of the park, Pierre Bouby is a new casualty and they are still without key playmaker Vincent Gragnic. Both teams aren’t in good form and have lost 6 of their last 10 matches. Brest have lost their last 3 consecutive games by a 0-1 scoreline but Nimes haven’t fared much better. The visitors even lost at home to CA Bastia recently, which just shows how much of a poor a state they are in. I’m really surprised that coach Victor Zvunka is still in charge. It feels like he’s lost the dressing room at this club and a number of fans want him out. Something is wrong with Nimes and I sense a lot of unsettlement at the club, they don’t have any momentum at all. Brest are nothing special, but I fancy them to win this match tonight. Ok, so they are situated pretty poorly in the ligue and have the 2nd worst home record but I feel there are explainable reasons for their bad form. Brest have had a lot of injuries and suspensions to deal with this season, and have also had players sent off at very inconvenient moments. In 2 of their last 4 games they had to play with 10 men for nearly 80 mins of each match! Few teams can cope with that sort of hindrance but they are in much better shape here. With a full strength squad I think they are about 1 class better than Nimes right now, and that’s not even factoring in the other problematic factors the visitors have. This just feels like a home win to me. Brest really need the points and Nimes are a team I’m keen to take on at the moment. Prediction: Brest 2-0 Nimes Recommended bet: Brest -0.25 @ 1.85 4/10 CA Bastia – Caen The Corsican outfit still have about 8 or 9 injuries, some to minor players but some to more important individuals. They’ve been hit hard by injuries all season and it’s affected them in many ways. Caen meanwhile, are at full strength and have no issues in this department. Many people will presume this’ll end up as an easy Caen win, but I’m not convinced. The Normans have a pretty poor away record this season and have lost 5 out of 8 times on the road. CA Bastia are a very poor side but have managed to draw 4 of their 7 home games, only losing to Metz, Nancy and Tours who are all respectable sides. Matches here at Le Stade Furiani (which isn’t even their own home) tend to be really flat and lifeless. Not much of a crowd turns up and I think it affects players in a negative way. If Caen really do have any sort of remaining promotion ambitions then they need to win this game. On paper they have much more quality so should be able to deliver, but can they come to a place like this and get the result they need? Possibly, but I’m not going to back them @ this price. Caen aren’t reliable enough to be taken as a short odds on shot away from home. Of course, CA Bastia can’t be touched either because they really are such a rotten outfit, but some could argue they are value today. I’m going to predict Caen win a close contest, but I’m not totally sure. Prediction: CA Bastia 0-1 Caen Recommended bet: None Creteil – Arles Both squads are in pretty good condition here. Creteil virtually have a full strength squad at their disposal, and whilst Arles do have 3 suspended players, none of them is a massive loss. Teji Savanier is their most notable absentee, whilst midfielder Damien Plessis is injured. Creteil have played pretty poorly in the last few weeks, losing 3 of their last 4 in the ligue all by a comfortable margin. Their one win during this period was fairly flukey too, performances just haven’t been good. They did at least beat Metz in the Coupe de France on Monday night, that might give them a boost. Arles meanwhile, are such a strange side. A couple of weeks ago they played awfully at home to CA Bastia during a 0-0 draw. They just didn’t seem to care about winning and put forth virtually no effort at all. It was a very strange situation and I don’t know what to make of it, maybe it was a fix? Arles matches tend to be very boring and contain few goals. They are extremely defensive and don’t take many risks. In total, ACA have only netted 12 goals in 16 matches which is a terrible record. But at least the visitors have had a full 2 weeks to prepare for this game because they weren’t involved in the cup. Maybe Creteil will have a physical disadvantage after playing on Monday night too. A draw looks the most likely outcome here, either 0-0 or 1-1. I’m not interested in betting on this contest anyway and I see no value either way. Prediction: Creteil 1-1 Arles Recommended bet: None Istres – Nancy The south coast outfit welcome back no 1 GK Arnaud Balijon from injury. This is important because no2 man Romain Lejeune is a potential calamity! Istres also welcome back the attacking duo of Bagaliy Dabo and Matheus Alves. On the flip side, Rafael Assis and Alexis Allart aren’t included in the squad, I’m not sure why.The former hasn’t featured since the back end of September, but he had started the season in promising form following a summer move from Creteil. Nancy only have one major injury of note – attacker Benjamin Moukandjo who remains sidelined. He’s quite an important loss though because he offers a lot of creativity to the team and Nancy do lack a bit of depth in the final 3rd of the field. A name that is missing in the squad is striker Benjamin Jeannot who started the season as 1st choice striker. But he’s now out of favour with Correa as coach and relegated to the reserves. Supposedly this is because of performance issues, but there have been forum rumours that he tried to have an affair with the manager’s daughter on the sly! Istres have lost 7 of their last 10 games, their only respite has been home wins against the likes of Arles, Nimes and Laval who are all fairly poor teams. Istres aren’t a good side, thats pretty obvious and they usually have big problems when facing sides of higher calibre. Its no surprise that their home record is the 2nd worst in the ligue either, they just aren’t a club who are supported strongly. Sometimes it has been known for there to be more away fans inside Le Stade Parsemain, but that won’t happen tonight because Nancy is such a long way away that I doubt many will travel down to the south coast. The visitors have been so much better under the management of Pablo Correa and won a whopping 5 out of 6 with him at the helm. He’s a great tactical coach and will likely come up with a strong gameplan for tonight’s game. I expect them to prevail and I think they are worth backing on a 0AH. Its difficult to see them losing here and at very worst they should pick up a draw. Prediction: Istres 0-2 Nancy Recommended bet: Nancy 0AH @ 1.95 4/10 Laval – Chateauroux Laval have left winger Damien Tiberi injured, but he isn’t much of a loss and hadn’t been playing that much recently. More of a mystery is why midfielder Amara Baby isn’t included in the squad, he’s been an important player for them this season so I’m not sure why he’s been left out. Chateauroux also have a case like this with CB Massamba Sambou. I’m not sure why he’s not been included in their 16 man squad, especially considering he’s been a regular starter for them most of the campaign. The visitors have bigger worries though because midfielder Luis Ramos is injured, as is striker Kevin Dupuis. Pacey winger Christian Kinkela remains on the sidelines too. Chateauroux might be one of the worst away sides in Europe, let alone France, but there’s still no way Laval should be such a short price here. Les Berrichonne haven’t won an away game in their last 30+ matches, although have managed to draw some of them. Obviously, they struggle a lot on their travels, its common knowledge and its likely they’ll lose again tonight. But I think Laval are being overestimated here, possibly due to their recent 1-0 away wins at Troyes and Niort. But those were so false and extremely fortunate results, Laval are still one of the poorer side in the division. They tend to play better at home, but not always when facing direct poorer opposition. There’s a chance they could be flat for this contest, even though I still think they’ll win. Anyway, I’m not going to be betting on this match because they are too short. Some could possibly argue Chateauroux are value, but I wouldn’t even consider placing monopoly money on them away from home!!! Prediction: Laval 1-0 Chateauroux Recommended bet: None Tours – Metz Tours have the key defensive duo of Schwechlen and Diawara both ruled out here, but at least they can count on the return of left back Samuel Bouhours. The hosts are also weakened by the loss of their best striker Andy Delort who is suspended. Their other absentee is versatile creative midfielder Xavier Chavalerin. For Metz, they welcome back stud defender Sylvain Marchal after nearly a 2 month layoff, but whether or not he’ll actually start remains to be seen. Their most notable absentee is attacker Yeni Ngbakoto who misses out because of personal reasons. Metz played on Monday night away against Creteil in the Coupe de France and lost. Tours have had a full 2 weeks to prepare for the contest as they were knocked out in the previous round. Metz have won their last 7 consecutive ligue matches, a really tough thing to achieve in a division like this one! They have to be classed as a power team but I don’t think they are quite as good as their statistical record suggests. Remember, their squad is mostly just a bunch of players who obtained promotion from the national division! They have overachieved, but not been lucky or anything so most of their points have been merited. Sooner or later their winning run will come to an end, maybe it could happen tonight? I would probably back Tours if they were at full strength, but too many key players are missing. Besides, it would probably be foolish to bet against Metz until their good run does actually end. So in many ways I’m relieved that Tours are weakened because it saves me backing what would be a risky bet. I’m going to predict a draw here but I’m not really sure about the outcome. Prediction: Tours 1-1 Metz Recommended bet: None Troyes – Le Havre The hosts have 2 players suspended for this match, CB N’Diaye and striker Gimbert. The former wont be missed as much because Troyes have good depth at the back, but the loss of Gimbert is much more important. He is Troyes’ top goalscorer so far this season and been in excellent form. Perhaps Troyes might be forced to start the talented Corentin Jean though as a replacement. The young star hasn’t featured as much as I expected he would this year, but maybe now is the time. Le Havre are in good condition with only a couple of injuries to less important players. They have had a 2 week break to prepare for this match because they were involved in the Coupe de France last weekend. Troyes are my favourite play of the round. I’ve no idea why they are priced so highly here and there looks to be excellent value on them tonight. ESTAC have to be classed as one of the best 5 teams in Ligue 2, some would even argue they are one of the top 3. They play some great attacking football and they are especially dangerous in front of their own fans. They’ve lost their last 2 games here, but both were pretty unfortunate especially the defeat to Laval. Le Havre meanwhile are just a poor team IMO under the management of Eric Mombaerts. They just haven’t clicked this season and the board should’ve sacked him by now. He was kept in the job by beating Creteil 2 weeks ago, but even in that game they were less than impressive. Some people will point to Le Havre’s away record and claim they’ll be difficult to beat tonight. HAC have yet to win one the road, but they have drawn 6 out of 8 games. But look into more detail and this can be deceptive. Their away trips have included visits to the likes of CA Bastia, Laval, Nimes and Chateauroux, so it isn’t as if their good results have come against decent sides. To be fair, Le Havre often do perform better against stronger sides, especially ones who like to attack similar to Troyes. So maybe they might put on an ok display tonight, but I still don’t rate them very highly at the moment. If Troyes had all factors going in their favour then this would be close to a 10/10 bet. But because there are one or two small things against them, then I’ll keep it to just a 6 unit play. I also fancy the overs here, this should be an open game and a 2.25 line seems too generous. Prediction; Troyes 3-1 Le Havre Recommended bet: Troyes -0.25 @ 1.95 6/10 & Over 2.25 goals @ 2.02 4/10

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Amazing right ups, as usual Meatman. Will follow you again. Thanks a lot. However i would like to ask you which bookie(s) do you use? Placing all the bets you suggested right now, using Pinnacle, one of the best bookies around, the value of the odds combined are less 0.5-0.6 points Thanks again

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th The Troyes game is a carbon copy of their last home game against Laval that they managed to lose by the same result. They just can't handle the bus parking. Sadly I stepped on the same rake twice. Oh well.

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th

and you can fuck right off you cunt
never mind him meatman, you can see from his post count that he doesnt represent the majority. I followed u again as usual, and though we lost a lot of money, we have also made a lot of money in the past cos of you. Just concentrate on weekend games bro. we will make it back again.

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Thanks to MM we have high quality write-ups on a league with which I and many of us would certainly be unfamiliar. The results on any one given night are irrelevant, the value is already evident over the season to date. It is naive in the extreme to complain - clearly it's some novice who thinks that somehow every prediction must perform exactly as indicated. Most punters have long realised that betting is much more difficult and things do not always work out as anticipated.

The Troyes game is a carbon copy of their last home game against Laval that they managed to lose by the same result. They just can't handle the bus parking. Sadly I stepped on the same rake twice. Oh well.
Yes, it was sadly. I can't beleive that has happened again. Watching this game totally frustrated the fuck out of me, Troyes have annoyed me a lot recently, they just cant put away their chances. Yes, I will be back. To be honest the other 2 bets ended up ok it was just this one match that let me down terribly.

No need to start disrespecting other ppls hard work. Meatman still is one of the best ppl who contributes to this forum. But i would also like to add after betting for a month now on french league two, in my eyes it is a very poor league. Not a single team has any consistency. One given week a team might beat a top team away from home and the next week get thrashed at home by a bottom team. Its best to keep the stakes small. As someone who has been betting on football for many years now i think other top leagues offer u more consistency in making a profit over the long run. Thats just my opinion tho. Thanks once again meatman for ur hardwork. Sent from my HTC Ruby using PL Forum

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Well, if meatman knew everything he was a multi biljonair and would not write on this forum instead he would be enjoying tequila and a lot of beautifull women. ;-) Small details can destroy your analizes. Sometimes it's just bad luck, fixxed games, missed chances. But one thing is sure, the adrenaline will keep us betting.! Tomorrow will be better guys!

Meatman' date=' stop giving predictions. You're costing us punters money. Most of your predictions about today's league 2 - soccer matches were FALSE!! Just STOP!!!!!!!!!![/quote'] You really are an absolute idiot of the highest order! Meatman is one of the most knowledgeable, hardworking and shrewd punters that anyone could ever come across. Everyone, even the very best professional punters, have losing days. If you aren't prepared to lose..........then don't bet at all..........this game is too grown-up for you!

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Well I believe Meatman has thicker skin than to be bothered by any disapointed gambler. The analysis was spot on, the game on the pitch didnt roll out as it should, and thats why football is great. So far I have yet to come across a member who posts regular analysis of ALL games in a single league (both tiers), thats why I can only applaud you for your contribution so far and ofcourse hope that you will continue providing us with valuable info. To the gamblers who go all in on a combo, I would suggest to avoid punterslounge, as its not meant for gambling, its not about 100% winrate its about the thrill of finding bankers and betting with a system and minding the bankroll. Once again tnx for the todays previews, and hoping for a good weekend to come ;)

how dare you speak like that' date=' you piece of shit[/quote'] I really haven't got time to be dealing with people like you who just want to criticise at the first sign of a loser. I don't have a need to post anything anywhere and I'll just boycott PL if people have a go at me for no reason. I can take criticism but not without good reason and not after such a good run. So lets have some respect

Re: Ligue 2 > December 13th - 16th Dont worry about him meatman..as you u can clearly see alot of ppl here appreciate your hardwork. As for people like him, I'm sure if a admin looks into it he can easily ban him. I request a admin to look into this thread and take appropriate action. Cheers!

To the gamblers who go all in on a combo' date=' I would suggest to avoid punterslounge, as its not meant for gambling, its not about 100% winrate its about the thrill of finding bankers and betting with a system and minding the bankroll.[/quote'] That's bollox. Sorry but I've been a member for ten years and we've got the best group of tipsters by far. Anyone selling their tips or running one of these tipping services on Facebook has less knowledge than we do here collectively. And on top of that these people will try to convince people they have "insider knowledge" when they don't. People with insider knowledge don't run tipping websites. Bankers is a pretty frowned upon terminoligy here too.