** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Manchester City v Arsenal (12:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.35[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th I take this one early here.Man City have been outstanding @ the allianz arena beating Bayern with prices as low as 8.0!! Man city have been awful in their away matches that cost them vital points in the EPL and maybe what's justifying their yummy prices against what the planet today the best team BAYERN!! But we should not forget bout their injuries and Pellegrini's adjustments as a new coach Now Man City have reach their 'vitesse de croisiere' and their improvements away from home could be underlined here beating west brom,drawn @ southampton but moving to Germany and beating a Bayern Munchen,seems Pellegrini find the right formula. Manchester City are still favorite to win the EPL @ most bookies and believe me guys that those geeks are better analyst than us puntersloungians!!! Man city will have one more day to rest before welcoming Arsenal and the latter is in great pressure in its CL group with a difficult move to the Napoli of Benitez. Man City will have the opportunity to come closer to Arsenal with only 3 point to the Gunners if the latter are defeated @ Manchester. With that more day of resting,the confidence gain by beating Bayern and lesser injuries with Lescott and D.Silva back @ Etihad and the EPL DREAM coming closer!!! I am all over a Man city to win @ 1.95 totesport

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th Source OPTA Manchester City v Arsenal · This match pits the two most clinical teams in the Barclays Premier League with Man City scoring with 20.6% of their shots and Arsenal 18.9%. · Arsenal have scored more goals than any other team away at Manchester City in the Barclays Premier League era (28). · No team has won more Barclays Premier League games against Manchester City than Arsenal (21 along with Chelsea) or won more often on City's own ground (10 along with Chelsea). · There have been six red cards in the last six Premier League meetings between Man City (4) and Arsenal (2). · There have been just seven goals scored in the last six meetings in all competitions between Arsenal and Man City. · Only two of the last eight meetings between City and Arsenal in all competitions have ended as home wins (HW2, D3, AW3). · The last time Arsenal won at the Etihad Stadium, Samir Nasri was playing for Arsenal and netted the opening goal (October 2010). · Manchester City have conceded the highest percentage of second half goals in this season's Premier League (73%). · Man City have the best home attack (29 goals) and the best home defence (2 conceded), while Arsenal have the joint-best away attack (14 scored) and the best away defence (5 shipped). · Manchester City have scored in 57 consecutive home games in the Premier League. This run started after three games at the Etihad without scoring for the Citizens, the first of which was a 0-3 defeat to Arsenal.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th First post :-) 24 Hours is a very strange amount of time when it comes to recovery, 24 hours can in certain circumstances actually be more of a hindrance if the timings and travelling etc do not suit a specific plan and number of sessions and I am starting to feel that this short turnaround may be one of those times. It may just be that I was recently listening to Craig Bellamy talk about how poor the conditioning training was at both City and Liverpool that is swaying me. Also, do not underestimate the energy City expended in that performance, yes they turned it around but it was certainly a big physical and mental effort. There is also a slight tendency for away teams and draws in this fixture and I don't see why Arsenal wouldn't be capable of getting a result at the emirates, if that momentum swing is not as pronounced as we all believe it to be. It could be of course but I am just not sure and for me Arsenal are just to big of a price. These affairs do tend to be quite low scoring and I feel that will be the same this week. Partly because I feel Arsenal would be quite happy to come away with a draw. I think it may well be a game to avoid if I'm honest but as more people sway for City, Arsenal may well lengthen even more. Too big of a price for me to avoid. I'm going for Arsenal win @ 7/2 Best price & Under 2.5 goals @ 6/5

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th Wenger said the main goal is to avoid City to have the ball. Probably a boring game from Arsenal worrying not to concede. In fact they will face Chelsea in Xmas and then they travel two times in a row. Aguero, Toure and Kompany are back after resting in the Champions match...they will be allover the place tomorrow. Last 7 matches, i guess, between both teams were all under 2.5, but streaks come to an end eventually, and if we think about the goals City has been scored lately i think no one can be surprised if this match finishes with something like 2-1, 3-1, 3-2. Arsenal are no push overs, if they concede an early goal maybe we can watch a goal fest here. Odds are not good though, so my call will be to wait for live betting. If in the first 15 minutes no goals are scored i will probably go for the overs as i think that on goal from each of the teams will turn the match into a goal fest. Gl to all

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th Is city suddenly that much better than this arsenal side who are finally playing for the championship this year? I saw most bookies they offer 1.70 or lower? I think this is ridicilouis. Ofcourse city is a force at home but arsenal will also step up their game. Don't get fooled by their loss against napoli. I think we will see a high quality game, a lot of technical players on the pitch so let's hope we won't see kick and rush. :-) I definitely think both teams will get on the score sheet in this game. Too much quality on the pitch and city have to win these kind of games if they wanna catch up. Not surprised if we see a early goal but Arsenal won't back down either. In recent years Arsenal failed in many big games especially away from home but this year there is something different about Arsenal. I think it's all about believe and confidence. They struggled every year to win a lot of games or atleast win a couple of games in a row. It went with ups and downs and most of the time van persie saved their ass. Now they are a real team in my eyes. They are league leaders and no way they will take this game lightly. A win would be massive and their confidence should be high enough to think this way. City has a lot of power but I think arsenal's possesion play and movement is better. If they can keep a lot of possesion I'll give them a good chance to take 1 or 3 points tomorrow. Its too obvious for me that this will be a walk over for city now everyone jumped on the home win. City had 1 day extra to rest for this game but that is not always a good thing. I think that it would only be a disadvantage for arsenal if they were struggling, but now things are going great in the league and fatigue is no issue in my opinion. Mertesacker and koscielny are doing a great job at the back. This would never be my dream duo but they really surprised me and others in a positive way. Very solid. All in all, this game can go both ways. I think small factors will give the edge to any team and that will be decisive in the end. My bets will be medium stakes on BTS and small stakes on the draw. Goodluck all

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th 3pts Under 2.5 goals 7/5 BetVictor Given the importance of the match I think this could be a tight game. Arsenal have been fantastic defensively this season while City always look more assured when Vincent Kompany is in their backline so the strikers may not have it all their own way here. Arsenal may well set up to counter and are likely to play two holding in midfield so City will need to work a lot harder to break through than they had to against Tottenham. Hyped up games often disappoint and in terms of goal scoring I think this one could too. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/man-city-vs-arsenal-betting-crunch-clash-may-not-have-the-number-of-goals-that-are-expected

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th Tomorrow the two favourites for the title go head to head at the Etihad following differing performances in the Champions League. City won away at European Champions Bayern while Arsenal produced their worst performance since the opening day defeat against Aston Villa. Problem with Arsenal recently has been the lack of goal threats which was highlighted on Wednesday night. With Ramsey and Wilshere rested Giroud had no one making runs in behind the defence to link up with leading to a completely blunt performance by the Arsenal attack. Giroud can't lead the line without runners making moves off him because he just isn't a proper goal threat and playmakers like Ozil and Cazorla need players making those threatening runs to perform at their top level. The good news for Arsenal fans is that last seasons top goalscorer Theo Walcott looks set to be involved after Wenger revealed he has regained his sharpness after two months out injured. Walcott will make those runs in behind which should give Ozil and Cazorla the option to thread the ball through to which should add another dimension to the Arsenal attack with Ramsey returning also helping in that regard. Cazorla hasn't hit last seasons form yet so I expect the in form Wilshere to regain his place in the starting line up and Flamini will likely partner Ramsey in the middle as I would expect Arteta to struggle against an athletic City midfield with his lack of pace and strength. Sagna may return pending a late fitness test with the rest of the defence unchanged. Big game for Gibbs as well whose form has dropped in recent weeks and I would actually prefer to see Monreal starting. -Predicted Line Up Szczesny, Gibbs, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Sagna, Ramsey, Flamini, Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud City will be full of confidence after their midweek win over Bayern and will look to keep their 100% home record alive. City have looked pretty invincible at home but I do get the feeling Bayern were the only side who really took the game to them at the Etihad. Can a defence really look so solid at home and then so weak away, conceding more than six times the amount of goals? I don't think so, I believe they're still vulnerable at the back and sides like Tottenham and United played the game completely in their hands. Kompany's aggressive pressing of Rooney against United wasn't really taken advantage of until after 70 minutes when United started getting runners in the space left behind the City centre back and they could have scored more than once if they had done this earlier in the game. Kompany does like playing an aggressive role and if he pushes right on top of Giroud there will be space for Walcott to exploit. Fernandinho and Toure also like to push forward which should allow space for Ozil in between the defence and midfield where he can pick out Walcott. However City's attack has been superb and it's hard for any team to stop them in this form. If they can overload the flanks with Clichy and Zabaleta pushing forward Arsenal's fullbacks will be in for a really tough time and this is an area where City could get a lot joy, as Napoli did with Maggio and Armero bombing forward, and not to forget Everton where both Oviedo and Coleman had good games. Arsenal's wide men really don't offer the fullbacks a lot of protection and if Sagna misses out Arsenal will be dealt a huge blow. Silva started midweek but I think Pellegrini may stick with Navas there, rest of the side really picks itself. -Predicted Line Up Pantilimon, Clichy, Komapny, Demichelis, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Navas, Aguero, Negredo Tough game to predict as I think Arsenal can definitely get something from the game if they really take the game to City and attack their defence unlike so many sides who have come to the Etihad recently but on the other hand Arsenal do have weaknesses down the flank where City have some real quality plus Zabaleta who's probably the best attacking fullback in the league. City also have numerous players completely rested and have had an extra day since their Champions League game but at odds on I don't believe there's value there. Goal markets equally tough to predict as Arsenal have been very solid but also struggled with goals recently, then you have Walcott returning who will be a vital player for Arsenal and City's attack on top form. No bet for me, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the match hoping Arsenal can get a good result but I hope this preview helps the rest of you with your bets for the game.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th fantastic post arsenalfh, but do u think arsenal will take the game to them? why wont arsenal play the possession game and be defensive like so many other teams who had the defensive mindframe when coming to etihad? see what worries me is that Arsenal against the bigger teams they have been found out, and even against Everton last week they were outplayed in the first half Arsenal’s record against the rest of the top 7 for the whole of last season and this season so far: P16 W4 D6 L6 A win percentage of just 25%. Compared to their results against the rest of the league for the same time period: P37 W28 D6 L3 A win percentage of 75.68%.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th One thing that could make a big difference is if Walcott starts. Without him Gunners doesnt really have any threat running deep in the oppostion area. Wilshire, Cazorla, Roscicky and Ramsey (guessing some of them as a chance on the right wing) runs much more in the middle of the pitch which Walcott does and with Walcott speed he would give Arsenals offence an extra dimension. Now i dont which form he is in but if he is in decent enough form enough to start, start him. A Walcott in form is probably the fastest footballer in the world and extreamlly dangerous player (as he showed us last season). Hopefully the public will attack Manchester City even more and make the +0.75 line move up over 2.00 and the +1 line reach atleast 1.75ish.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th

One thing that could make a big difference is if Walcott starts. Without him Gunners doesnt really have any threat running deep in the oppostion area. Wilshire, Cazorla, Roscicky and Ramsey (guessing some of them as a chance on the right wing) runs much more in the middle of the pitch which Walcott does and with Walcott speed he would give Arsenals offence an extra dimension. Now i dont which form he is in but if he is in decent enough form enough to start, start him. A Walcott in form is probably the fastest footballer in the world and extreamlly dangerous player (as he showed us last season). Hopefully the public will attack Manchester City even more and make the +0.75 line move up over 2.00 and the +1 line reach atleast 1.75ish.
Not to spill your beans, but talking about the fastest footballer in the world, we could have a long list consist of Bale and other names. Kolarov is also [sUPER] fast. Mancini tried to put him on the left wing last season but 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 formation with City's roster that time didn't really fit the team. The idea was abandoned soon after City lost too many points that United were able to take over the summit.

fantastic post arsenalfh, but do u think arsenal will take the game to them? why wont arsenal play the possession game and be defensive like so many other teams who had the defensive mindframe when coming to etihad? see what worries me is that Arsenal against the bigger teams they have been found out, and even against Everton last week they were outplayed in the first half Arsenal’s record against the rest of the top 7 for the whole of last season and this season so far: P16 W4 D6 L6 A win percentage of just 25%. Compared to their results against the rest of the league for the same time period: P37 W28 D6 L3 A win percentage of 75.68%.
I don't really like that stat because ten of those games came before we saw a big change in the way Wenger set up his side. After the defeat at White Hart Lane Wenger has built from the back up with a more counter attacking game and we've seen a massive change in Arsenal's results. Arsenal are now only 8th in the average possession table compared to years before when Arsenal topped the possession stats every season. Wenger used to focus on keeping the ball in the opposition half with a very high line at the back, something which didn't work and something we don't see often anymore. Since the change to a more balanced approach Arsenal have beaten Bayern, Napoli, Dortmund, Tottenham and Liverpool so I don't think beating the top sides is a problem, the problem is the lack of chances being created against the top sides. Arsenal's defence can keep them in any game really but you need to couple this with a well functioning attack to beat the best on a regular basis. Everton have been superb this season as well don't forget. They've played all the top 7 sides and only find themselves 7 points off the top. A real quality striker that can unlock a defence and provide that outlet for Ozil and Cazorla really prevents the Arsenal side from reaching the very top. Against the top sides you really have to be clinical and take your chances when you can but without any penetrating runs from the forwards Arsenal are struggling a bit at the moment and that's why I think Arsenal haven't shown their full potential against the top sides despite some good results. Walcott is key for me as well, he's not one of the best strikers around but he does provide a constant threat to the opposition goal through his pace and movement. If Walcott fires and strikes a partnership with Ozil Arsenal will be far more dangerous in attack and begin to create more opportunities against the top sides. I don't think Wenger has an option but to take the game to City. No one bust their gut to get forward against Napoli and result was pretty disastrous, the players and Wenger seemed to think a goal was unnecessary and just soaked up a ton of pressure. Against teams with players like Insigne and Higuain you're not going to keep a clean sheet against constant pressure, you've got to attack at some point and give your defence a break. The defence kept Arsenal in the game long enough for the attackers to take the game to Napoli but when you're playing a team of playmakers who's going to make those defence splitting runs to apply pressure on the opposition defence? Wenger is known for being stubborn but surely he realises that you won't get anything from City unless you test their shaky defence with pace and energy. If Walcott starts I think it's a big statement of intent from Wenger but if we see Ozil, Cazorla and Wilshere all at once Arsenal will likely be relying on Ramsey to provide the movement in attack and goalscoring threat which will make it easy for City. Keep in mind Arsenal didn't have Ramsey at this level and Ozil last season who have definitely lifted the team to a higher level. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the results against the big sides last season but concentrate on the lack of chances created against, United, Everton and Napoli recently. Walcott may not be fully match fit but he'll certainly help this chance creation problem.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th I cant contemplate backing Arsenal after that dismal effort at Napoli.i would even forgive that result if it was anyone else except Man City at home,they are in great form,i have fresh memories of the way Spurs were demolished and the comeback against Bayern speaks volumes.I will leave it to others to go in to the finer points of this great match up,but its a Man City win for me 5/6 @William Hill.

Not to spill your beans, but talking about the fastest footballer in the world, we could have a long list consist of Bale and other names. Kolarov is also [sUPER] fast. Mancini tried to put him on the left wing last season but 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 formation with City's roster that time didn't really fit the team. The idea was abandoned soon after City lost too many points that United were able to take over the summit.
Yeah I may have overreacted a little but the point still is that with his speed and ofc his goal scoaring ability you get an extra dimension to Gunners offence. Found a list based on some FIFA stats and according to that list Walcott is the 5 fastest footballer (Bale was 2 and Ronaldo 4) so perhaps your right:p Btw sry for bad drunken English.

Yeah I may have overreacted a little but the point still is that with his speed and ofc his goal scoaring ability you get an extra dimension to Gunners offence. Found a list based on some FIFA stats and according to that list Walcott is the 5 fastest footballer (Bale was 2 and Ronaldo 4) so perhaps your right:p Btw sry for bad drunken English.
who was 1st and 3rd?

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th I love the way Man City are setting up for games this season. They have the squad, have great skilled players, and Pelligrini is setting his team up to play. It's a quiet confidence 'I believe in you' attitude that is paying dividends. It is so different to Mancini and his conservative approach (and the opposite of the negativity of Moyes -- champions league comment 'we are not good enough" stands out, You can think it, but keep it to yourself). And the results are so different. Under Mancini City would be very conservative in the 1st half. In his time there the bet that won plenty was more second half goals. Not the case anymore. This is a team that is firing from the first whistle. The stats prove it. They have won 6 of 7 1st half games, scoring 2 or more 1st half goals in 5 of 7. Only Liverpool have a record that can match this 1st half performance (scoring 14 conceding 0 and winning 7 of 8 1st halves) CIty's 1st half scoring has made me look at the HT/FT. I am going for City to win HT and FT at odds of 2.63 (bet365), 2.88 betvictor for 2 units

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th #Arsenal team to play Man City: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud #Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Arteta, Rosicky, Cazorla, Gnabry, Bendtner #MCFCvAFC Man City team v Arsenal: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negredo SUBS NEWS: Hart, Lescott, Kolarov, Garcia, Navas, Milner, Dzeko

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th City team: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negrado Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud The exact side I wanted to see from Arsenal. Even Monreal who has been doing very well when played recently comes in for Gibbs who hasn't performed in the last few weeks, didn't expect that at all.

City team: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negrado Arsenal team: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud The exact side I wanted to see from Arsenal. Even Monreal who has been doing very well when played recently comes in for Gibbs who hasn't performed in the last few weeks, didn't expect that at all.
what do u think the correct score will be now that arsenal are putting out an aggressive team? Personally, i see lots of goals in this now. Maybe even some weird big correct score like 3:3

what do u think the correct score will be now that arsenal are putting out an aggressive team? Personally' date=' i see lots of goals in this now. Maybe even some weird big correct score like 3:3[/quote'] Walcott still hasn't played a lot at all this season and be won't be fully match fit so we'll need to hope he hits form from the start. I still think this game is too hard to predict and if you want to bet on the game I'd wait and bet in play.

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th I said before the match City could get a lot of joy down the flank especially through Zabaleta and that is exactly what has happened. Wilshere just hasn't tracked him at all and they were always going to score eventually by playing down that right side. Another thing is the amount of space city are getting in between the Arsenal defence and midfield, the two Arsenal centre backs need to be more aggressive and close down this space. More goals in this definitely, City taking advantage of Arsenal's weaknesses down the flank while City look dodgy at the back when Arsenal get runners in behind. Linesman got a few offside decisions wrong and I'd expect Arsenal to make even more runs in behind the defence in the second half where they can cause trouble. Ozil needs to get involved and Arsenal need to patch up their defence if they want to get something from this game but the chances will be there for the taking.

What a game - Arsenal playing well and getting hammered :cigar
This haha, no way we deserved to lose that game by such a big margin. Very sloppy defending from Arsenal today especially from Koscielny and Mertesacker who have been immense this season. Anyway when you take the game to City they are very beatable like Arsenal did today, but you've also got to be solid at the back where Arsenal were poor. Must have been a great game for the neutral but as an Arsenal fan you've got to be annoyed with that result.

Wenger said the main goal is to avoid City to have the ball. Probably a boring game from Arsenal worrying not to concede. In fact they will face Chelsea in Xmas and then they travel two times in a row. Aguero, Toure and Kompany are back after resting in the Champions match...they will be allover the place tomorrow. Last 7 matches, i guess, between both teams were all under 2.5, but streaks come to an end eventually, and if we think about the goals City has been scored lately i think no one can be surprised if this match finishes with something like 2-1, 3-1, 3-2. Arsenal are no push overs, if they concede an early goal maybe we can watch a goal fest here. Odds are not good though, so my call will be to wait for live betting. If in the first 15 minutes no goals are scored i will probably go for the overs as i think that on goal from each of the teams will turn the match into a goal fest. Gl to all
Goal fest - check!

Not the case anymore. This is a team that is firing from the first whistle. The stats prove it. They have won 6 of 7 1st half games, scoring 2 or more 1st half goals in 5 of 7. Only Liverpool have a record that can match this 1st half performance (scoring 14 conceding 0 and winning 7 of 8 1st halves) CIty's 1st half scoring has made me look at the HT/FT. I am going for City to win HT and FT at odds of 2.63 (bet365), 2.88 betvictor for 2 units
Does not really matter if you won or lost today, just mark CIty down as a perfect betting opportunity for the rest of the season. The beauty of this team is that the subs don't diminish the playing 11. Their squad is so big and so deep. MONEY to be won here over the rest of the season...

Re: Manchester City v Arsenal > Saturday December 14th Reasoning - I had to, after a dream. Can't call it 'after-timing' as the bet was so small. As I'm not a football fan I rarely bet on it, and when I do, it's generally 3 or 4 home teams in multiples. However, on Friday night I had my first ever dream about football. As ludicrous as it seemed, after dreaming that Arsenal won 9-5, I had to have a small indulgence. :loon I backed 7 goals or more on Betfair at 26.56. I was doing other stuff as I had no real interest in the game, when I decided to have a look to see what was going on. Much to my surprise, Manchester City were leading 4-2, and the odds of 7 goals or more had plummeted to 1.81., so I 'greened up'... as you do. :)