** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th Brazil Over 1.5 Cards @ 2.10 (bet365) for 1 stake Looks quite easy to justify, for me. Not even by looking at the stats, but I feel there is value here. Referee Yoichi Nishimura is not the best ref for handing out some cards, but Brazil's midfield will have to work very hard to stop the likes of Modric and Rakitic. Paulinho and Luiz Gustavo may get to see a yellow card at some moment during the game if they have to stop a counter, and Dani Alves is always a yellow-card player. Neymar may also get to see one or another if things don't start as Brazil wants, or if he turns on the diving trait. David Luiz also has a high chance, Jelavic and Olic move quite well near the defensive line and can bring some trouble. Ultimately, Brazil player can be anxious about this one, although I feel they will eventually win, anxiety may take over during some moments. Feel like odds are too big for this, happy to take some of it.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th

I think people are overestimating the strength of the Croatia side in general' date=' easy to say the well known names and make them sound better than they are but 1 point from the final 4 group games tells it's own story and stumbling over the line against an average Iceland side hardly makes me think they can cause an upset. Confidence will be a big thing tonight, expect a nervous performance if it stays 0-0 for too long, but if Brazil can get the opening goal I don't see many goalscorers in the Croatia team.[/quote'] Great points - but Croatia did change their manager at the end of their qualifying group. And as I remember they beat Iceland pretty convincingly in the 2-legged playoff. Relevant points for me are that Croatia finished above Serbia in their group and Brazil struggled against Serbia last Friday. BBC preview here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25285029

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th I kind of "stole" this from another forum, but I think the tip is worth trying: 1st corner before 9th minute @ 1.83 (bet365) Itshould be aggressive start for Brazil, pushed by the crowd, and Croatia will try to soak up the pressure, by sitting deep. Brazil with plenty of pace on the flanks, so definitely there will be good conditions for corner in the first minutes. I believe that this bet will be a winner in more than 60-65% of the cases, so I take this price.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th Quite simple , Brazil are now 1.33 to win (Coral) With Mandzukic out I think that Croatia will be lacking the front man that would of made it more competitive and given a dangerous threat to nick something , normally would take them to win to nil but as its the opener of the world cup , so might be a few nerves or a spectacular Modric moment , but basically see Brazil coming through this with 3pts

I kind of "stole" this from another forum, but I think the tip is worth trying: 1st corner before 9th minute @ 1.83 (bet365) Itshould be aggressive start for Brazil, pushed by the crowd, and Croatia will try to soak up the pressure, by sitting deep. Brazil with plenty of pace on the flanks, so definitely there will be good conditions for corner in the first minutes. I believe that this bet will be a winner in more than 60-65% of the cases, so I take this price.
Note that actually the bet says: 1st corner before 9:00 minute This is actually even better, because it means one minute more - it means that 9 complete minutes (9x60 seconds) are available for a corner, while if it was "before 9th minute", it should have been before 8:00 (as 9th minute starts in 8:01).

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th For everyone's information the line ups are: Brazil XI: Julio César, Dani Alves, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Marcelo; Luiz Gustavo, Paulinho, Oscar, Hulk; Fred, Neymar Croatia XI: Pletikosa; Srna, Corluka, Lovren, Vrsaijko; Brozovic, Modric, Rakitic, Perisic; Olic, Jelavic

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th So, it seems that Croatia go with 4-2-3-1. Most likely Brozovic and Modric will be center midfielders, while Rakitic will play behind Jelavic. Left back is a problematic zone for Croatia, as Vrsaijko is a young player and in most matches Vida played in this position (he is very unstable though)

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th Brazil -1.5 @2.050 Bet365 Croatia have a good side especially in midfield and I favour the midfield players over Brazil. Previous history tells us opening games are low scoring. However looking at the Brazil defence v croatia attack, I can't see croatia scoring. There are a lot of natural goal scorers in this Brazil side and I back them to win by 2.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th Hi Aid, How are you classing assists? Some websites have rules such as if a penalty is scored, the player who won the penalty is credited with the assist. Or if a player has a shot which is saved and then another player scores from the rebound, the player who had the original shot is credited with the assist. Thanks.

Can't imagine the numerous Croatia+1.5AH backers are too happy right about now' date=' the penalty decision was a disgrace..[/quote'] Had Croatia +2, Under 2.5 Brazil team goals and over 4.5 cards..... seething :D :sad

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th Unreal how they managed to cover the handicap. Wauw, they played terrible with a lot of errors when they finally had the ball. Even neymar made a lot of wrong decisions and besides those 2 goals he was a ghost like many others. Only Oscar played really good overall, surprised me to be honest that he was so active and dangerous on the wing. But he screwed my correct score tonight and the Brasil to win by one goal bet. Bad night and a terrible ref, lol..

Agree that Oscar was the Brazil motm' date=' I was expecting him to be a weak link but he was first class.[/quote'] I agree, he was the game changer, not Neymar. And this guy Vrsalko on the left flank was terrible, no wonder that Oscar moved to the flank in the second half to exploit that.

I kind of "stole" this from another forum, but I think the tip is worth trying: 1st corner before 9th minute @ 1.83 (bet365) Itshould be aggressive start for Brazil, pushed by the crowd, and Croatia will try to soak up the pressure, by sitting deep. Brazil with plenty of pace on the flanks, so definitely there will be good conditions for corner in the first minutes. I believe that this bet will be a winner in more than 60-65% of the cases, so I take this price.
1st corner in 8th minute - hence, bet won. But it was not a very good choice, as Brazil were too static in the openning minutes and preferred to pass the ball among the back four.

Re: Group A - Brazil v Croatia > Thursday June 12th It's fair to say Croatia, who were missing their main striker, opened up Brazil at will tonight, especially down the left flank. God help them if they get the Argie attack running at them is all I can say. I'd lay Brazil outright now. Ref was a joke, Croat goalkeeper should have saved all 3.

I agree' date=' he was the game changer, not Neymar. And this guy Vrsalko on the left flank was terrible, no wonder that Oscar moved to the flank in the second half to exploit that.[/quote'] Vrsalko was filling in for former Bayern man Pranjic who injured himself vs Australia. May have been a different scenario with him there.