** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec)

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) Reims won 1-0 thanks to a strike on the last kick of the game! Their victory ensured I ended the night in profit (+4 units). Half loss on Valenciennes who drew 1-1. I was honestly very lucky tonight. Nice didn't deserve to lose that game and a draw would've been a much fairer result. They were far better tonight compared to recent matches and a much improved team. Watch out for them in the future, despite them now having lost 7 consecutive games. As for Valenciennes. Well they had chances to make it 2-0 but overall I'd have to say a draw was the fair result. Guingamp even could've won it in the last 15 mins and ended stronger. Really there's no excuse for VA not to win this game, I've come to the conclusion that they are also just a shit poisonous team. At the moment, Valenciennes, Sochaux and Ajaccio are completely unbackable now IMO. They are utter garbage sides and have to be stayed away from until an improvement is shown. All of them have had winnable fixtures recently and failed. No excuses now.

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec)

Can anyone provide an update on the st etienne game? Why was it postponed? Weather? Are they planning to play tomorrow instead?
It was postponed because of a frozen pitch. Good news for anyone who backed Sainte because conditions looked really poor, it was a good postponement for us. The match will be played at a later date, yet to be conformed. It wont be played tomorrow

Hi Torque i have no bad intentions with my remark.Just some friendly advice.Playing such short odds can't be profitable on the long run.Believe me i learnt it the hard way. Good luck
That's your opinion, which you are of course entitled to. I don't agree with it, but I certainly respect it. In my opinion it's hard to make profits betting no matter what the odds are, but it's even harder the longer the odds get.

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) Lucky on the reims bet but 2 out of 2 is nice! Lucky st etienne got postponed due weather. Hoping for some good games tomorrow. Toulouse looks good at first sight. Montpellier with a lot of missings. Maybe bastia worth a shot too looks like a under game to me..

Let's face it' date=' PSG to win straight up is such an obvious play that every man and his dog would probably pick it.[/quote'] I can understand your point of view, but I think that there are some subtleties involved in betting at short prices. I may be misinterpreting the above part of what you posted, but it seems to suggest that what I posted had no merit which I don't think is the case.

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) I'm scared of Monaco posting just a minimal victory here instead of a blowout as Ajaccio concede many less goals on the road than Sochaux while Monaco score less at home than PSG. The -2 AH at Pinnacle is above evens and I'm trying to gage the likeihood of a blowout as the players may be content with 1-0. The -1.5 AH is 1.5something so there's a decent jump in price from the 1.5 to the 2.

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) Bordeaux – Lille Bordeaux have LB Lucas Orban suspended for this match which is a blow. Another key loss for them is striker Cheikh Diabate who is still sick and doesn’t make the squad. Apart from these absences though, the hosts aren’t in bad shape. Lille again have a squad in great condition with no new injuries or suspensions to worry about. They’ve also had a 5 day rest ahead of this match so should’ve recovered physically following their win against Marseille. Bordeaux have only had 4 days rest and had to play with 10 men for most of the 2nd half facing Guingamp on Wednesday night. I’m not going to waste too much time going on about Lille because its the exact same thing again. They are a good team, but not great. They just rely on defence and winning matches 1-0, often in a fortunate way. Lady luck ALWAYS seems to be on their side and strange things happen in their games. Even if they are outplayed (as has happened) then GK Vincent Enyeama is just unbeatable right now. Lille have kept 11 consecutive clean sheets and have a very solid defence. Normally I’d be all over Bordeaux like a rash @ this sort of price. But I’m sick of Lile and I dont want to take them on until their good run comes to an end. For what its worth I think Bordeaux can sneak a win here but Its a no bet situation. Lille seem to have god on their side right now but sooner or later someone will beat them. There’s no way they are as good as their statistics indicate. Prediction: Bordeaux 1-0 Lille Recommended bet: None Bastia – Lyon The hosts have key playmaker Wahbi Khazri injured for this match which is a massive blow. Defender/midfielder Drissa Diakite is their other main absentee. CM Julien Sable also remains on the treatment table, but he wouldn’t have started anyway. They welcome back fellow man in the middle, Yannick Cahuzac from suspension. The visitors don’t have any new injury concerns except the absence of Steed Malbranque. The likes of Briand and Dabo remain out. Lyon have only had 3 days to prepare for this match because they played on Thursday night against Toulouse. Bastia have had an extra 24 hours advantage in this department, maybe it might make a difference. Taking Bastia on a 0AH here is a play I really like. This would probably be an 8 or 9 unit pick if Khazri was available. He totally terrorized Lyon in this fixture last season and tends to play very well at home, Les Gones will be relieved he’s not around. But Bastia are so awesome at home that its difficult to see Remi Garde’s men getting anything. This place is a serious fortress and a number of good teams have all failed here so far this season. Bastia have a 6-1-0 home record at Le Stade Furiani and have played some really great football in front of their own fans. Yet they continue to be massively underrated by the bookies! Although in this case its probably a case of Lyon being overrated too. The visitors often live off their reputation, when in actual fact they are just an average mediocre team these days. Bastia should be clear cut favourites for this match and its a joke that they are priced so big on a 0AH line. This offers great security here because I just can’t see Lyon winning unless they have an extremely lucky game. Les Gones have lost 5 of their last 6 away games and the only victory in this run was an extremely fortunate win at St Etienne. OL also have a terrible record on the island of Corsica and even lost at Ajaccio earlier in the season! I’m actually going to have 7 units on the hosts because of the excellent value. I wish they had Khazri available but they should still have a great chance of winning. Prediction: Bastia 2-1 Lyon Recommended bet: Bastia 0AH @ 1.95 7/10 Toulouse – Montpellier There’s no much to say about Toulouse here except they have a squad in great condition with no new injuries or suspensions. Only the long term Mikael Roamin is ruled out and he’s yet to even play a game for them since his summer transfer. TFC have only had 3 days to recover for this match because they were in action on Thursday night away against Lyon. Maybe the short rest period between games could affect them negatively? Montpellier do have a lot of squad problems though. In addition to their long term absentees, midfielder Jamel Saihi has been ruled out of action through injury. They have a couple of key suspensions in defence with both Hilton and El Kaoutari banned. The backline will definitely be vulnerable for this match with the likes of Mezague, Deplagne or Marveaux filling in where required. The big news surrounding this match is that Montpellier coach Jean Fernandez resigned from his post and Rolland Courbis is going to take over. He’s not in charge of this fixture, but his influence might already be felt on the squad. At least they’ll be free of the horrible and ineffective Fernandez anyway, who is always so negative. But whilst this might be a boost, Montpellier have a lot of factors going against them too. Obviously, their squad condition isn’t very good and a trip to Toulouse is never easy. Montpellier are 17th in the table and have only won 2 games all season, they just haven’t played very well. I considered backing TFC but I’ve decided to swerve them because of the unpredictable situation surrounding their opponents, Besides, TFC failed to beat Ajaccio at home recently when they had a caretaker manager, so maybe they’ll fuck up again. I have a feeling for a draw here, maybe the visitors might finally play ok under a new coach. Prediction: Toulouse 1-1 Montpellier Recommended bet: None

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) Bastia produced a terrible terrible 2nd half and Lyon played really well. Tactically they were far superior and made excellent HT adjustments. There's no logical reason to explain this outcome but it's been shocking how poor Bastia have been after the break. Can't complain at the loss here, Lyon were just much better. Sorry fellas, I just called this one wrong but I have no regrets because the price was massive

Bastia produced a terrible terrible 2nd half and Lyon played really well. Tactically they were far superior and made excellent HT adjustments. There's no logical reason to explain this outcome but it's been shocking how poor Bastia have been after the break. Can't complain at the loss here' date=' Lyon were just much better. Sorry fellas, I just called this one wrong but I have no regrets because the price was massive[/quote'] Do you think Monaco will get the job done easy, do you think it's worth to risk HT/FT Monaco?

Re: France Ligue 1 (6-8 Dec) Didn't see the whole game but for me Monaco were poor. Ajaccio's tactical set upe worked well as they continuously forced Monaco wide by crowding the middle part of the pitch but you would expect Monaco to be a little more imaginative with playmakers like Moutinho and Rodriguez in their ranks. Falcao's ability to get on the end of crosses was definitely missed as Riviere and Martial really struggled to get on the end of anything.