** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]FC Bayern München v Manchester City (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.57[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Taking a bit of a punt here before the weekend games have been played, Bayern and City face tough away games so I'm not expecting much of an odds advantage to emerge from it, Bayern - as always - are more likely to win and the odds might come down, who knows. Robben is out injured for 6 weeks which is definitely a blow for Bayern but if it was going to happen, and with Robben's injury record it's always on the cards - it's better to happen now when he should be fit to come back after the month long winter break they enjoy in Germany. The other injured are slowly making their way back, Martinez looks fine again and has come back well, Thiago has played a few games now Ribery should be able to play 90 after the rib injury, Gotze is fine and Lahm 'might' be back for the game but I doubt he will be risked. Schwein is out until after the winter break too which is bad news but they have plenty of cover and he hasn't been playing as well this season, the injury hasn't healed well. So in summary they have Martinez, Ribery, Thiago, Gotze, Kroos and Muller available in midfield, not as many as usual but hardly a disaster. I had a look under a week ago and this price was 1.75 which seemed low, while not high I would certainly play this line at this price on Bayern at home in any game, yet alone against a side as inconsistent away as City. After the battering they received in the first leg I don't see much reason to think they will perform much better in the return, especially as they will be missing Yaya Toure (suspended) and to some extent Silva who is still injured but in fairness he has been out for a while now. Nasri has been very good lately but I wonder how much they will miss Toure considering it is that defensive midfield area where they are likely to come under the most pressure, him and Fernandinho have played much better when both of them are in the team. Garcia has been a disaster and I would expect Milner to come in as they don't have many other options in this area unlike the rest of the side. I backed City to win the EPL at the start of the season but I also backed Bayern to win the CL. No other team has won the CL back-to-back before so why do I think Bayern will? Well, why do teams look unbeatable one season and not the next? Because the opposition adapts to how they play and find ways to stop them particularly in the CL where the top sides are usually evolving, but this Bayern side has changed manager in the close season and changed the way they play as well, they are a ruthless, efficient form of Barcelona this season, they don't overplay like Barca do but players drift between the lines and they feel no need to play with a pivot like they did with Gomez last season who they became pretty reliant on. I don't even see that they have really kicked into gear yet, we will see them do this after the winter break when they have the full set of players back. As much as City are doing well in the EPL they aren't setting the world alight and concede far too many goals, I'm writing this on Thursday but I'd be surprised to see them keep a clean sheet against Southampton on Sat, you have to be strong defensively to come away with anything at the Allianz and although Pellegrini is known as the man with the plan for most situations I don't think he can counter this side. Bayern have almost certainly won the group but with only a few games left before the winter break I don't see them letting up, they aren't that kind of side, every game is important. Bayern Munich -1.0AH - 1.92 - pinnacle - 7 Points

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Pellegrini has said he will rotate for this one, but Man City's reserves will still be a good side. Guardiola stated last week that Augsburg in the cup, played last week, was more important than this one, so you'd expect rotation from both. Thing is, when Bayern rotate it rarely seems to slow them down, they played second string teams in the league from about January last year :lol http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9063543/Pellegrini-plans-to-rest-stars

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Even if both teams were to play their second-string team, Bayern's second-string team is still too strong for City. Pep Guardiola loves to break records and I'm sure he would want to be the first team to win all 6 group matches this season. Bayern Munich to beat City.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th City are likely to rest Aguero, Nasri, Zabaleta, Fernandinho, Demichelis and Kolarov at least, they have been playing most games recently, the thought of Garcia, Milner and Rodwell in midfield doesn't exactly fill you with confidence. Silva will probably start as he needs the minutes, Dzeko will probably start as he has been moaning about not playing recently, Hart will start in goal, Navas might also start. Most City fans seem to want them to start with a total B team as the weekend game at Arsenal is huge, the biggest of the season so far and they really need to win. They have an advantage over Arsenal as they play 24 hours later and can't really rotate. I have added Bayern -1EH with hills for 5 Points, seems too good an opportunity to turn down.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th

it's better to happen now when he should be fit to come back after the month long winter break they enjoy in Germany. The other injured are slowly making their way back' date=' Martinez looks fine again and has come back well, Thiago has played a few games now Ribery should be able to play 90 after the rib injury, Gotze is fine and Lahm 'might' be back for the game but I doubt he will be risked.[/quote'] Well Bayern have their FIFA Club World Cup, not that I think thoose two matches will be any danger. Martinez is currently not fit, he seems slow, and I can't really figure out if he is going to start against City as Kirchoff was getting on from the bench against Bremen - however Kirchoff received a knock in the training session the day after Bremen, meaning he is doubtfull. Ribery was insane against Bremen. Thiago and Götze did whatever they wanted, and yes they are very much in form. Lahm will still be rested. I can't really figure out what Guardiola wants to do, as he picked a strong squad for Augsburg instead of playing with Starke etc. Last time they met, Bayern dominated City the entire match, and if City wants the first spot they need to win 3-0, and with Arsenal comming up. I will probably wait till tommorow before I make my decisions.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th

Well Bayern have their FIFA Club World Cup' date=' not that I think thoose two matches will be any danger. Martinez is currently not fit, he seems slow, and I can't really figure out if he is going to start against City as Kirchoff was getting on from the bench against Bremen - however Kirchoff received a knock in the training session the day after Bremen, meaning he is doubtfull. Ribery was insane against Bremen. Thiago and Götze did whatever they wanted, and yes they are very much in form. Lahm will still be rested. I can't really figure out what Guardiola wants to do, as he picked a strong squad for Augsburg instead of playing with Starke etc. Last time they met, Bayern dominated City the entire match, and if City wants the first spot they need to win 3-0, and with Arsenal comming up. I will probably wait till tommorow before I make my decisions.[/quote'] I thought Martinez looked alright when he came back but then he has been out for a long while so it is probably no surprise..I didn't think there was any real need to rest players? They have the game against Hamburg on Sat after this one then they will go and win the World Club Cup which is over by the 21st Dec then their next league game isn't until the 24st Jan. Obviously Guardiola might decide to rotate a couple but then Thiago, Gotze and Martinez have all been injured for long periods and need the games, with the other injuries I can't see him changing much.. Compare their fixtures to Man City's, after this game Bayern will have a maximum of 3 games if you include the World Club Cup and Man City will have a minimum of 9, probably 10 games before Bayern play again in a competitive match, it is no wonder Pellegrini is choosing to rest players - Aguero and Nasri looked out on their feet against Southampton.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Nah, Bayern wont rotate. They will go full power. Not many tough matches for them, so reason to change anything. No one of the players want to miss this match and everybody should be ready. Lahm is back, Goetze got a knock but should be ready also.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th 5pts Bayern (-1) to beat Man City 5/4 Ladbrokes I guess there’s an outside chance of Man City topping the group but it is about as liking as pigs flying in all reality. Just winning this game is hard enough but to win it by three matches just isn’t going to happen. In fact I think they’ll be right up against it in this match. Bayern dominated City at the Etihad and I expect the same here and I would be very surprised if given the form they are in if Bayern don’t win this with plenty in hand. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bayern-munich-vs-man-city-betting-bayern-can-seal-top-spot-with-comfortable-win-over-city

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th I think this is a match to avoid for betting purposes. Resting players and eyes on other matches means this could be any result. Bayern have been imperious so far this season but have been known to take their foot off the gas occasionally (eg v Arsenal in 2nd leg last season). No bet for me.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th UEFA Champions League - Bayern Munich to beat Manchester City @ 1.40 Betfair Now that the team news is out, I think Bayern are worthy favourites for this match. Manchester City are missing a number of players, most notably Aguero, whereas Bayern have included the likes of Ribery in their team. Bayern are in great form at home this season, whilst Manchester City have been having problems on their travels. In addition, Bayern have the chance to become the first team in Champions League history to win all their group games, and Ribery should be motivated to put in a good performance as he is on the shortlist for the World Player of the Year Award.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Dzeko to score anytime @4.33 bet365 Edin back to Germany, where he spent quality time with Wolfsburg. He's lacking interest in game last days, but for this match he will be motivated for sure. Being the only forward in City squad today, this price is enough for 2/10 bet.

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Yeah, but still.. Wtf was bayern doing in the second half? I thought germans were pretty focussed on results especially at home. And I thought if there is any team we can trust nowadays its bayern, big lol!! :spank I hate myself for going for a double with bayern instead of Real. I was really convinced Pep would motovaye his side and what a start. City did also more than expected! Bad day for me even united my main bet won. This sucks big time! ;-)

Re: FC Bayern München v Manchester City > Tuesday December 10th Didn't watch this match on tv, so will have to watch highlights tonight to see the interview. I have taken this from another site, as its hard to believe if true. Here is the bit from the other site............That manager bloke just said he got Aguero to warm up so that if they went 4-2 up he could come on. He then said that at 3-2 they needed two more goals to win the group. shocked.gif That total incompetency will backfire bigtime when they get Barca or Real Madrid in the next round...