** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]AC Milan v Ajax (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.33[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.1[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th From UEFA.com

Group H AC Milan (8) v AFC Ajax (7) FC Barcelona (10) v Celtic FC (3) • Barcelona are through but require a draw to ensure first place as Milan could still overtake them with a victory. • Milan need a draw to hold off Ajax, who cannot finish above second. • Celtic are destined for fourth.

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th Ajax look too long here at over 6.0. Ajax need to win here, Milan need a draw. The game in Amsterdam ended 1-1 and was pretty even going by the uefa.com report - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011789/index.html I think Ajax are a bit better than their odds suggest here, so there is some value backing them - Ajax DNB 4.5 BetVictor

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th

Ajax look too long here at over 6.0. Ajax need to win here, Milan need a draw. The game in Amsterdam ended 1-1 and was pretty even going by the uefa.com report - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011789/index.html I think Ajax are a bit better than their odds suggest here, so there is some value backing them - Ajax DNB 4.5 BetVictor
Just remember before you pull the trigger on this one. AC Milan in Serie A and AC Milan in champions league is not the same team. Milan always play good in CL. They did it twice this year, with Barcelona at home and with Celtic when people thought they gonna lose. They did that many times in the past. Also remember that Milan doesn't need to attack here. They are just fine with draw. Ajax need to attack and that should open a lot of space for Kaka, Shaarawy and Balotelli. On second thought Italians are experts when they need result. Milan could hold it to draw. No bet for me

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th The fact that Milan needs a draw to qualify doesn't meen anything.I cannot imagine Milan sitting back and waiting the game to finish 0:0.More than that,they cannot defend well.We saw that in their game against Livorno last weekend but with all the attacking weapons they have,they will attack from the very beginning and destroy this Ajax team.The Dutch side is obviously the weakest team in the group and Milan who's been critisiceda lot in recent weeks will have too much for them.The money factor should also be considered as an extra motivation here.

The fact that Milan needs a draw to qualify doesn't meen anything.I cannot imagine Milan sitting back and waiting the game to finish 0:0.More than that' date='they cannot defend well.We saw that in their game against Livorno last weekend but with all the attacking weapons they have,they will attack from the very beginning and destroy this Ajax team.The Dutch side is obviously the weakest team in the group and Milan who's been critisiceda lot in recent weeks will have too much for them.The money factor should also be considered as an extra motivation here.[/quote'] Italian teams don't normally score more than they have to. If a 0-0 is adequate, then more than likely they will play for and hold out for a 0-0.. That's the way Italian sides are. Personally I feel that this should be a great game though with goals, and Ajax should bring something to the table. Ajax have shown already that they have a team that can compete with the top teams, so I wouldn't agree they are weak, in fact they have a very good young squad and are only 3 points behind Barcelona in the group. I'm personally going for btts on this one as I feel Ajax will be a major threat at the San Siro and have a great chance of scoring. Lots at stake and both sides can progress.

Ajax is not a good team anymore and will struggle to contain the many threats of the San Siro giants. They don't possess the va-va-voom going forward so they will not frighten the Italians who will be confident they could play for a 0-0 and achieve the aim quite easily. But with Kaka back to his brilliant best and Mario Ballotelli banging in the goals I suspect the Milanese could strike a goal and win this match. My simulations fail to come up with a formula in which Ajax can possibly win this match. So the safest bet is to lay Ajax at 5/1 on Betfair for a 10/10 stake.
Didn't Ajax hold Milan to a 1-1 draw in Amsterdam, and beat Barcelona in their last match.. ???? They look like a team on good form to me.. !!

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th Just to add that Milan have been less than impressive in the league this season languishing in mid table, and have not produced any great results yet in the Group stages of the Champions League either. The manager must be close to getting the boot and its a team out of sorts. I also feel that they will most likely progress tonight to the KO stages, but its certainly not a banker. Ajax have the potential to stun them if they have a good go at them..

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th I don't expect a 'typical' Italian performance from Milan tonight, because they are not capable of delivering it. I don't know Ajax well but I'd imagine they will fancy themselves to score tonight - and probably will. Their players must be on par with the lower teams of Serie A, and those lower teams have been troubling Milan all season. Given their required impetus to attack, a goal is well within their reach. Milan have a rejuvenated Balotelli joined by Kaka and El Sha so I think Milan will score and could possibly put up 2 or 3. I think goals would be the best play in this match, at a reasonable price.

I don't expect a 'typical' Italian performance from Milan tonight' date=' because they are not capable of delivering it. I don't know Ajax well but I'd imagine they will fancy themselves to score tonight - and probably will. Their players must be on par with the lower teams of Serie A, and those lower teams have been troubling Milan all season. Given their required impetus to attack, a goal is well within their reach. Milan have a rejuvenated Balotelli joined by Kaka and El Sha so I think Milan will score and could possibly put up 2 or 3. I think goals would be the best play in this match, at a reasonable price.[/quote'] I agree, I've already gone for BTTS 1.83@ Betfair. Medium stakes...

I don't expect a 'typical' Italian performance from Milan tonight' date=' because they are not capable of delivering it. I don't know Ajax well but I'd imagine they will fancy themselves to score tonight - and probably will. Their players must be on par with the lower teams of Serie A, and those lower teams have been troubling Milan all season. Given their required impetus to attack, a goal is well within their reach. Milan have a rejuvenated Balotelli joined by Kaka and El Sha so I think Milan will score and could possibly put up 2 or 3. I think goals would be the best play in this match, at a reasonable price.[/quote'] Ajax is not on par with lower italian teams. Actually Milan was very lucky last time to get a draw with a fake penalty in injury. Ajax is for Europe team a decent team, not the best, but not the baddest. Players have a lot of talent and they play its best in the 'big matches' with lot of pressure. But so is Milan. BTS should deliver

Re: AC Milan v Ajax > Wednesday December 11th Totally agree on BTS. Milan has been improving in the last matches, plus, Champions League is a total different thing. Ajax also scoring a lot, even being against poor Eredivisie teams. De Boer´s team has nothing to fear. Play offensively like they like, and with a lot of talented players, i think they have enough quality to score. On the other hand, Milan has Balotelli, Kaka and Sharaawi... I predict something like 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 and not even 2-2 or 3-3 will surprise me. Overs and BTS to me. GL to all

Ajax are on a winning run,including beating Barcelona 2-1.while Milan are in poor form in the league,Ajax play good passing football and if Milan's main front man isn't interested like we saw when at man city I think at 5/1 Ajax win seems too big,the fans are unforgiving and if they don't start well I can see heads dropping and cards being dished out,and maybe 1-2 scoreline

Ajax look too long here at over 6.0. Ajax need to win here, Milan need a draw. The game in Amsterdam ended 1-1 and was pretty even going by the uefa.com report - http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/matches/round=2000479/match=2011789/index.html I think Ajax are a bit better than their odds suggest here, so there is some value backing them - Ajax DNB 4.5 BetVictor
Result: 0-0 Bet void