** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Open Championship > July 17th - 20th

Aidymac

A player that might not go off this price if he recaptures his form is Rory McIlroy and there have been signs that he is finding his feet again. He finished in a tie for 6th in the HSBC Champions with a score of -15 this month and followed that up with a tie for 5th in Dubai last week again with a score of -15.. It has been a very difficult year or so for Rory but talent such of his does not go away overnight and I am expecting a much improved 2014 out of him. Come July I think we will see a much different McIlroy, more like the one we saw 2 years ago where he could not stop winning. He finished 3rd in the British Open a few years back but in general finds playing on links tough enough but as he gets older he should start playing cuter golf.. At 25/1 I think he is worth an each-way bet for 2014. Rory McIlroy - 5 Points each-way @ 25/1 Bet Victor

• 6 months later...

Re: British Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Shane Lowry 150/1 e/w Bet 365 1-5 Massive price for the big Irishman who won the Irish open as an amature 5 years ago. He does have hot and cold spells after being out of form at the start of the year he is now striking the ball well and has had some good results of late. I think he will put up a big showing in this years open was 32nd in it last year will be fired up for it. Northern Irish golfers have been stealing the limelight from their southern counterparts in recent years but Lowry may just change that as he has got the potential to win a major IMHO and is well worth a tickle at the price for tis years open.

Re: British Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Ricki Fowler 66/1 e/w Betfair SB 1-5 Putting this up now as he is doing well in the US open at present and this price is starting to go. Seems to have saved his best golf for the majors this year and has played very well in both and as i am convinced he will win a major i have to back him at that sort of price he seems to be the value bet in the majors seems to be overpriced every time IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: British Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Lee Westood 33/1 E/W PP 1-6 Had a great chance to win it last year but didnt turn up on the last day seems to choke in the majors but going to give him another chance if he's ever to win a major it will most likely be this one i keep thinking one day all will come wright for him in a major but time may be running out for him but imo he is worth a bet in this at 33's and 6 places being paid.

Re: British Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Justin Rose 18/1 E/W Betfair SB 1-8 Justin Rose is on fire, 3 top 5 finishes in his last 5 tournaments including a win, and as I type he is one shot of the lead in the 3rd round in the Scottish Open. Seems to have hit form at the right time and I can see him amongst the leaders come Sunday.

Re: British Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Henrik Stenson @ 19 Betfair For mine Stenson is the favourite to take this. His form has been building and he only just failed to win last start, losing a playoff and missing a putt on the 72nd hole that would have won. It missed by about a roll of the ball. Has a very good record in the Open and on links courses and just think this is his time. Brandt Snedeker @ 60 Betfair Almost won a couple of years ago and is IMO a much improved golfer since then. He has lovely control of his irons and has returned to some decent form in his last 3 or 4 starts. Branden Grace @ 200 Betfair Not in the best of form but he's a classy links player and he definitely has the talent to surprise ala Louis Oosthuizen.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Shane Lowry 150/1 e/w Bet 365 1-5 Massive price for the big Irishman who won the Irish open as an amature 5 years ago. He does have hot and cold spells after being out of form at the start of the year he is now striking the ball well and has had some good results of late. I think he will put up a big showing in this years open was 32nd in it last year will be fired up for it. Northern Irish golfers have been stealing the limelight from their southern counterparts in recent years but Lowry may just change that as he has got the potential to win a major IMHO and is well worth a tickle at the price for tis years open. Went in on him again on Sunday morn @ 140/1 paying 7 places bet365 he had a good last round in the Scottish open and finished T4 now best priced 125/1 which still looks massive!!! Lee Westood 33/1 E/W PP 1-6 Had a great chance to win it last year but didnt turn up on the last day seems to choke in the majors but going to give him another chance if he's ever to win a major it will most likely be this one i keep thinking one day all will come wright for him in a major but time may be running out for him but imo he is worth a bet in this at 33's and 6 places being paid. Just backed Westwood again at 70/1 :loon with SJ paying 6 places bookies give him no chance after missed cut in Scotland i beg do differ he has a great record in the open in the last 10 years he has had a second 2x 3rd & a fourth place IMO he is a cracking e/w bet at 70's. Ricki Fowler 66/1 e/w >Betfair SB 1-5 Putting this up now as he is doing well in the US open at present and this price is starting to go. Seems to have saved his best golf for the majors this year and has played very well in both and as i am convinced he will win a major i have to back him at that sort of price he seems to be the value bet in the majors seems to be overpriced every time IMO. Happy to let this bet run now best priced 40's Had a good prep in Scotland. Rory McIlroy E/W 16/1 BF Sports Book Paying 8 places~Had a bit on him last year at 25's e/w for this was going to let it run but with 8 places up for grabs 16's is to big for me not to play again. Has shown glimpses of brilliant's this year another major ain't far away IMO. 1ST ROUND LEADER. Rory McIlroy 20/1 SJ E/W 6 PLACES Martin Kaymer 33/1 SJ E/W 6 PLACES Lee Westwood 80/1 SJ E/W 6 PLACES Shane Lowry 100/1 SJ E/W 6 PLACES May back Kaymer in the outright betting if he drifts to 25's or bigger before the off. Good luck all roll on thursday.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th The biggest problem with The Open is there are so many players at absolutely huge prices and it can be very easy to get sucked into backing too many of them. I've had a look at this market and I found it incredibly difficult to narrow it down to around 5 or 6 selections. To help me, I've considered the below criteria: - Must have at least made one cut in either The Masters or the U.S Open this year. This might not be an essential requirement for some people, but I would prefer my selections to have at least some form in one of the Majors leading up to the Open. I like to look at the players that did well in the U.S Open in particular as that tournament only took place about 5 weeks ago and anyone that shaped up nicely there will most likely still be on their game this week. - How important is experience of links courses and especially Open Championships? For me this is one of the biggest questions going into this week because if you believe that experience is not necessarily key to success, then there are some players who have performed very well this year, especially from the PGA tour that are a huge price and may become quite an attractive back to lay selection. If you look at the previous winners of The Open, there is some contradiction on the importance of links form and experience. For example, there are many repeat winners such as Harrington and Els, but there are also some winners that had next to no form on this type of course or at this level, but they ultimately went on to win. Oosthuizen was not considered as even a likely outsider when he won it in 2010 with Open Championship form that read cut in 2004, cut in 2006 and cut in 2009. Todd Hamilton had made one Open Championship cut in three previous attempts before his win in 2004, and Ben Curtis was the biggest shock winner of arguably any major when he won at odds of 1000/1 at his first attempt playing in the Open in 2003. Experience may be getting overstated this year, and another big priced outsider could have the potential to surprise again this year. - I'm not seeing the value in backing a short priced player here, so I'm staying clear of any player below 50/1. I'm backing to lay this year and I would have to invest heavily in a player below 50/1 to see a decent return with a trade. Of the players around this price, Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar appealed the most but I can't justify backing them. If I was to back one of them, they would have to be my sole pick and I would prefer to have my money spread across more than one or two selections. Rickie Fowler at around 80/1 would have been very interesting but that price has well gone. So, here are my picks based on my own criteria above: Keegan Bradley @ 120 on Betfair I missed the 140-150 prices that were available last week for Bradley and I'm hoping he drifts again so that I can back him at a slightly higher price. For now, I've taken a small amount at 120. He's had a very up and down season so far, but he has very obvious claims for this one and I feel he's maybe being overlooked. The joint 4th finish at Greenbrier was encouraging, but it was his top 5 finish at the U.S Open this year that convinces me he can compete at this major. I'm interested in backing him for the final major of the year as well especially considering his excellent record in that tournament but his form at Open Championships is also very good. He's only played twice but finished 34th in 2012 and 15th in 2013. Kevin Na @ 210 on Betfair This is the first of my picks that has very little form at previous Opens, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more consistent player on the PGA Tour and at prices above 200/1, I'll back him for small stakes. I've always doubted whether or not he can compete at Majors despite his consistency on tour, but his 12th place finish at Pinehurst was encouraging and his top 20 finish last week shows he's still in great form heading into this major. Bill Haas @ 240 on Betfair Fairly similar reasons to Na. The price is big for a player of his consistency and recent track record at majors. He made the cut at both the U.S Open and The Masters this year, he's had one missed cut all season and that was the week after The Masters, so it's understandable. Chris Kirk @ 420 on Betfair I'm very much looking for a "Ben Curtis" moment with this pick, but when you consider his two finishes at this year's major's, it's difficult to ignore such a huge price. Joint 20th at the Masters and 28th at the U.S Open. He's never played at the Open Championship before so it will be going into the land of the unknown but he's had a stellar season so far and if he can replicate his major form of this year, I might get a trade. Stewart Cink @ 520 on Betfair This is my final pick and the one at longest odds but it's not necessarily the most speculative. Odds above 500/1 seem like good value on a previous winner of the event especially when you consider that he's not entirely without form. He's now made 11 consecutive cuts on the PGA Tour including at both The Masters and the U.S Open. He went off at 330 on the exchange the year he won The Open. He's now at odds of 520. I'll take a punt and hope to get a small profit from it. All of the above are at big odds, but I backed Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler for the U.S Open and despite them playing very well, they never got low enough to give me a trade. It's made me wary of betting on guys at shorter prices. Someone like Mickelson or Rose may go on to win this week, but I think there may be more value in looking at some of the bigger prices and looking for a trade on Betfair. Finally, the weather is something that needs to be mentioned when it comes to links golf. I've stopped trying to base my picks on this point though because the forecasts can often be wrong and it's one of those things which just have to be accepted when it comes to The Open. Thunderstorms are due at the weekend, but Thursday looks to be set up pretty even for all of the players. Good luck with your picks folks!

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Adding one more: Mikko Ilonen @ 110 Betfair Won the Irish Open this year and the Nordea Masters last year with a sprinkling of other Top 5 results over the past year and a half. Is really at home on links courses and along with Lowry is for mine the best 3 figured outsider. He actually played the Open back in 2006 where it to was played at Hoylake and finished a respectable 16th after heading into the weekend in 5th. One interesting stat that has been been floating around is that the last 3 winners of the Open at Hoylake were in the Top 5 in the last Open hosted at Royal Birkdale. Now, this stat does include 1956 and 1967 as well as 2006, so there may or may not be anything to this. The last Open at Royal Birkdale was 2008 and before that 1998, whereas the last Open at Hoylake was 2006. Jim Furyk was in the Top 5 in all 3, whereas Woods was Top 5 in 1998 and won 06 before missing the Open in 2008. Not sure I'd exactly base too much off this but it's an interesting link all the same and one that I hope continues as Henrik Stenson was 3rd in the 2008 Open. The other notable name from the Top 5 in 2008 is Ian Poulter.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Having a bit of a speculative bet based on trends more than anything: Bradley Neil Top 20 Finish @ 34 Unibet Just finished reading an article about how he believes he can win the Open. That's definitely a bit too much to ask but I am buoyed by the confidence he shows and the fact he's been playing links golf all year will give him an advantage. What's interesting to me though is just how many amateurs have finished Top 20 in the Open - Jin Jeong (2010), Matteo Manassero (2009), Chris Wood (2008), Lloyd Saltman (2005). Neil recently won the Amateur Championship, which is something both Jeong and Manassero achieved and used as a springboard to a Top 20 finish. Now, I've obviously not seen much of the kid (I did see a tiny bit of him when he played with Peter Uilhein at the Alfred Dunhill last year) but given the statistical trend of amateurs finishing Top 20 in the event and the confidence the kid seems to have in himself, I'm happy to have a small piece of him to repeat the trend.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Tiger Woods to miss the cut 11/5 paddy power well he will be lucky to actually have a decent round after months out of the game and he only coming back three weeks ago and to come back and perform on a links course is going to be tough especially without any preparation

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Tournament preview: 2.5pts ew H.Stenson to win The Open 16/1 Betfred (1/4 1-8) While the emphasis is on accuracy this week with 82 bunkers on the golf course you will probably need to be good from sand because the chances are you’re not going to go all week without finding your player in a sandpit somewhere and unlike some courses the bunkers here are hazards. This isn’t a golf course where you need to bomb the driver so for me that brings Henrik Stenson massively into play. He stings his long irons better than anyone and gets huge carries and runs with his long irons. That coupled with his excellent play on and around the greens makes him a massive contender for me this week. Stenson has three top three finishes in this tournament and has barely been out of the top 20 recently. He nearly won last time out but he’s the one to beat for me this week. 1pt ew M.Ilonen to win The Open 80/1 Betfair (1/4 1-8) One man who could go well at a big price is Mikko Ilonen. Ilonen won in Ireland recently and he was right in the mix in Scotland last week before he was unable to match the scoring of the top men in the final round but he was in the top 20 when the Open was last here and he won the British Amateur around here in 2000 so this is a course which holds plenty of good memories for him. Ilonen looks in great form, is driving the ball lovely and if the wind blows we know that isn’t likely to hamper him too much. At 80/1 he could deliver a big run. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-hoylake-looks-a-perfect-track-for-henrik-stenson

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Top American preview: 1pt ew R.Fowler Top American 16/1 Coral (1/4 1-4) Rickie Fowler is another American who has shown form in this tournament in the recent past and given how well he went in the US Open last month and indeed the Scottish Open last week he could be the one to follow from America this week. Fowler has all the shots in the book and the imagination required to play links golf well and on and around the greens he is very good so at 16/1 he looks a good punt to top the American lists to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-rickie-fowler-can-lead-home-the-americans-at-hoylake

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th I like to pick one player from each side of the draw just in case they are favoured by the weather conditions and I am plumping for Adam Scott and Henrik Stenson who both have tremendous records in the event despite not winning it yet. Scott is the number one golfer in the world according to the rankings, he won the Masters last year and was in a winning position at Muirfield before blowing his chances on the final day. Its not the first time he has looked liked winning this event so clearly likes the style of these courses and if the wind stays away this could be his year. Henrik Stenson had a brilliant 2013, which saw him win the Fed-Ex Cup in America and kicked off this year rather slowly which is not surprising really. Recently he has returned to form and four top ten finishes and a good second in the BMW last time out sets him up nicely for this tournament. He has a good record in the Open, which has saw him finish in the top three on three separate occasions since 2009. Of the other top players Sergio Garcia could go well, he loves links golf and is much preferred to the likes of Matt Kuchar or Bubba Watson who don’t have good records in the Open or Rory McIlroy who is brilliant but so inconsistent he cant be seriously be backed these days. Selections: Adam Scott 16/1 >Paddy Power Henrik Stenson 16/1 >Bet365

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Being on the correct side of the draw, as per Augusta in April, could be the key that unlocks the door this week. Plenty of conjecture around what the weather will do; after all this is a coastal location; but moderate to gusting winds on Friday will blow plenty into the waist high rough. Of the favourites Stenson deserves total respect. Whether he can cope with the 'Woods circus' over the initial 36 holes is the potential doubt; but his tee times look correct. G-Mac, DJ and Matsuyama; also carry the GBS colours this week. I'm also a lover of Rickie Fowler, who is playing nice golf at the moment; and seemingly is maturing into a Major champion of the near future. Hoylake is a Par 72; which is always Fowler's strongest format and there are no-doubts that the Florida based Californian comes to the fore on the tougher technical tests.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th One more based on some trends vs price and some practice news. Albatross to be scored? Yes @ 11 Bet Victor In the past 13 Opens there have been albatrosses in 4 different years (5 in total) - 2000, 2001, 2004 and 2009. Royal Birkdale has 4 Par 5's and Chris Kirk has just made one in practice. Mo Martin almost made on in the Women's Open and statistically this is just too big. Considering the course as well you'd have to think this is overpriced.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Some open championship bets Rory Mcilroy to miss the cut 3/1 paddy power Luke Donald to miss the cut 2/1 paddy power Lee Westwood to miss the cut 15/8 paddy power Bubba Watson to miss the cut 15/8 paddy power Padraig Harrington to miss the cut 11/8 paddy power im looking at these three players that have a great chance of missing the cut like mcilroy who had an impressive opening round at the scottish open but collapsed in the second round and those signs show that if he does again at Hoylake on a tougher course then he will miss the cut also donald has not had a great season and he struggles on links courses and Westwood has said that he is not in the best of form and to play on links course you need to be in some sort of form Victor Dubuisson first round leader 80/1 paddy power i like the look of this player and he is playing well also links courses may not be his liking but he is in form and the odds are great

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Just took Martin Kaymer on the outright market e/w 25/1 BF Sports book 8 places ran away with the last major well capable of another big showing in this looks a major player here 25's for 8 places is fair enough. Ive taken 55's fpr fowler to be round one leader e/w 5 places bet 365

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th

What are some of the experts here's thoughts on Jordan Spieth? Supremely talented' date=' obviously new to links which is a factor, but just such a good player with a good head on his shoulders and always seems to be in contention.[/quote'] Will definitely win majors for sure. No reason why he won't be in the mix this week. Think others have better chances though.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th More side market previews: 1pt ew A.Cabrera Top Rest of the World Player 12/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-4) Angel Cabrera knows his way around a major championship. He has won twice and was inches away from winning another when he was edged out by Adam Scott at Augusta last year but having won the Greenbrier Classic a couple of weeks ago he heads to Liverpool in good shape with his game. The fact he has won a US Open shows us he can control his ball on tricky layouts and that is big this week. Cabrera was in the top 10 when the tournament was last at Hoylake so the place holds good memories for him and I wouldn’t be surprised if the likeable Argentine has a real tilt at the Claret Jug this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-angel-cabrera-can-lead-home-the-internationals 3pts H.Matsuyama Top Asian 5/2 Ladbrokes Hideki Matsuyama has only played in this tournament once in his career but he was tied for sixth and had every chance of winning the tournament at one stage. He was in the infancy of his career then but he has kicked on significantly since then and now has the confidence of having won a tournament earlier in the year. He is exceptionally good from tee to green and has the form to be a real star in this tournament. Even at 5/2 he’s the standout pick of this market. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-hideki-matsuyama-looks-the-pick-of-the-asians 3pts M.Manassero Top Italian 15/8 Betfair Matteo Manassero should like this golf course. The Italian struggles to handle the top boys on the bigger, longer courses but this one should play nicely for him. He is very accurate from tee to green and he can putt too which should give him a good chance of competing this week. He has plenty of momentum behind him after a top five in Scotland last week and can lead the Italian trio home. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-matteo-manassero-can-beat-the-molinari-brothers-to-be-top-italian 2pts M-A.Jimenez Top Spaniard 9/2 Stan James Miguel Angel Jimenez has never truly put four great rounds of golf together in this championship but he has caught the eye with a number of excellent rounds. You get the feeling he is really enjoying life and his golf at the minute and that pressure off his shoulders seems to be helping him. The 50 year old has already placed in The Masters this year and with him able to shape the ball both ways he should be a leading player this week both overall but certainly out of the Spanish contenders. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-miguel-angel-jimenez-can-top-the-small-spanish-leaderboard

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th Some first round leader bets and three balls Jordan Spieth first round leader 40/1 paddy power Zach Johnson first round leader 50/1 paddy power Adam Scott first round leader 25/1 paddy power Jim Furyk first round leader 50/1 paddy power Justin Rose first round leader 20/1 paddy power Danny Willett first round leader 80/1 paddy power Rickie Fowler first round leader 40/1 paddy power each of these players are very good ball strikers and you need this on this type of course where iron play is the key also accuracy of the tee is an advantage as well and also these players are in form and with major pedigree so they know how to play well in a major championship David Hearn to win his three ball against Faldo and Hamilton 8/11 paddy power his opponents are not in form and have done anything significant this season so should win this three ball Brandt Snedeker to his three ball aganist De Laet and Pan evens paddy power well he is a player who performs well in majors while his opponents are really inexperienced at this level so he has a great chance to win this one

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th The Open, outright winner, all e/w paying 7 places. Sergio Garcia, 25/1 William Hill Ian Poulter, 66/1 Paddy Power Ernie Els, 80/1 Paddy Power Mikko Ilonen, 80/1 Paddy Power Rafa Cabrera-Bello, 150/1 William Hill Sergio Garcia comes into this tournament in very good form. He finished in a tie for twelfth in the BMW International Open, finishing with a score of -19. Before that he finished second in the Travelers Championship and he has a number of top ten finishes this season. He has a good record in this tournament with 7 top 10 finishes since the turn of the century. He finished tied fifth back in 2006 when this course was last used for The Open. I'm convinced Ian Poulter will win a Major at some stage in his career. He has finished in the top 10 of this tournament for the last two years. He also finished second back in 2008 which ties in with this stat posted earlier;

One interesting stat that has been been floating around is that the last 3 winners of the Open at Hoylake were in the Top 5 in the last Open hosted at Royal Birkdale.
He missed the cut at the Scottish Open last week but he was in good form before that. He definitely has the talent to win this weekend and if he puts four good rounds together he will go very close. Ernie Els has a great record in this tournament. He has played in it 23 times and won it twice and has a further 11 top 10 finishes. He has missed the cut just 3 times and his lowest finish was 34th. He finished third back in 2006 when it was last played on this course. His form has been solid in his last few tournaments and I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see him near the top of the leaderboard come Sunday evening. Mikko Ilonen won the Irish Open a few weeks ago. He comes into this tournament on the back of a good showing in the Scottish Open last week where he finished tied for 16th. He finished 16th back in 2006 in this tournament when it was played on this year's course. His game should suit this course and should do well. Rafa Cabrera-Bello is having a good season. He finished second in the BMW International Open a couple of weeks ago, losing out on the fourth play off hole. He has five other top 10 finishes so far this season. He finished 27th in the Scottish Open last week after putting in four solid if unspectacular round of golf. He is decent off the tee and is among the best GIR on the European Tour this season. His putting is pretty good as well and he could be a lively outsider over the next few days.

Re: Open Championship > July 17th - 20th First round previews: 3pts D.Clarke to beat J.Furyk & T.Watson 11/4 Stan James Darren Clarke won this tournament three years ago and while it would be fair to say he hasn’t done a huge amount since then he has shown some form last week and looks in really good shape going into this tournament. Clarke is someone we can call a links specialist and with the winds unlikely to be too hazardous for this morning group Clarke looks overpriced at 11/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-darren-clarke-looks-overpriced-in-his-first-round-three-ball 5pts M.Warren to beat P.Uihlein & J.Singleton 19/20 Betfair Marc Warren went well at the Scottish Open last week but not for the first time he couldn’t get it done on the final day although in fairness he didn’t do a huge amount wrong, Justin Rose was barely touchable that day. Warren is clearly in good form and even at odds on he looks outstanding value against a guy who is living the dream and another who is in the middle of a golfing nightmare. Warren may not even need to break par to win this three ball so he’s a strong bet on the opening day. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-marc-warren-looks-the-standout-bet-on-the-opening-day 2pts E.Els to beat P.Mickelson & B.Watson 11/4 Ladbrokes We don’t need to worry about any of that stuff with Ernie Els. He is a links specialist who by and large keeps it straight and while he has had his woes on the greens this year these sort of set ups do bring the best out of him. Although it isn’t ideal if he goes in the sand we know he’s an expert coming out of it and given the erratic potential of his opponents in this match I think Els is overpriced at 11/4. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-ernie-els-can-upset-his-american-playing-partners-on-thursday 4pts T.Fleetwood to beat R.Fisher & J.Daly 6/4 BetVictor Tommy Fleetwood has a good record in the European Tour links events and he is quite local to this course so I’m sure he will have played it a number of times which should help him. He doesn’t have too many expectations on him either so he can go out and perform and at 6/4 I think he’s a decent bet to come through this three ball with the lead after the 18 holes. I would have this as a match between Fleetwood and Fisher and so my money is on the former. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-tommy-fleetwood-can-use-local-knowledge-to-his-advantage