** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Alfred Dunhill Championship > November 28th - December 1st

Aidymac

Re: Alfred Dunhill Championship > November 28th - December 1st I don't like backing golf when I cannot watch it, the Australian stuff is on early in the morning so I will concentrate on South Africa. Hard to believe the price of Schwartzel here at around the 3/1 mark with most firms, he was absolutely shocking in the final round the Sunday just gone, no confidence in his driver and even his irons off the tee were going 50 yards wayward. I think Jbe Kruger and Darren Fichardt are the golfers that look a bit of value this weekend. Kruger was sublime in the final round last weekend, he posted a final round 65 to finish in a tie for 2nd with a score of -17 and he will be full of confidence after that display. He is far from the finished article, he does make plenty of errors but he is hard to ignore at 50/1 with the form he is in. That was by far the best he has played since he won the Avantha Masters in February 2012, so hopefully he can build on his performance this weekend. The other player I like is Darren Fichardt who did not manage to land a blow last weekend with an overall score of -5 but this man definitely has the ability to win this. He is generally a very consistent player and won the Africa Open last year. He has won 4 European Tour events and on home soil looks a big price at 50/1 also. Jbe Kruger - 5 Points each-way @ 50/1 Stan James Darren Fichardt - 5 Points each-way @ 50/1 Bet365 Season Total: +72.50 Points

Re: Alfred Dunhill Championship > November 28th - December 1st Good luck Aidy. Thomas Aiken 51 - Unibet Aiken has won a couple of times in Europe in his career and I feel that of all the players priced around the 30-60 mark he is the most talented. He's had a couple of Top 5's in this event before and whilst he hasn't won in South Africa for 5 years he's had a number of strong results in the co-sanctioned events. Not in scintillating form but he's playing solid golf and given the overall weakness of the field and Aiken's talent I feel he's good value here.

Re: Alfred Dunhill Championship > November 28th - December 1st Poor week for me last time, hoping for change of fortunes here. R.Sterne to win Alfred Dunhill, 4pts EW @ 14/1 Coral (1/4 odds 1-5) A win & 2 more Top 10's in his last 4 starts here, Sterne is rightly one of the market leaders here. Has had a week off after a top 20 at Dubai end of season event. Is pretty good with his irons on a track where hitting greens will be very important. He's well suited to this track & I'd expect him to be the biggest challenger to Schwartzel here. G.Coetzee to win Alfred Dunhill, 3pts EW @ 22/1 Coral (1/4 odds 1-5) Coetzee is a player I really like but he does struggle somewhat to get over the finish line. However, the home crowd should help him & he definitely has the game to win here. 3rd & 10th last 2 starts here so is proven around the course. Can be a streaky putter so if he gets the short stick going, there should be plenty of birdie opportunities, especially on the par 5's & a couple of reachable par 4's. S.Jamieson to win Alfred Dunhill, 2pts EW @ 55/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-5) I backed him last week when he failed to make the cut but I'm not giving up yet. Did well in SA last year including a 3rd in this. Game should be suited to this track with GIR & scrambling are 2 of the key stats. Rumour is that he struggled playing alongside a Major winner last week so his draw this week is more favourable, alongside 2 SA's who will carrying the pressure. P.Whiteford to win Alfred Dunhill, 1pt EW @ 125/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-5) The token outsider, I'm going for another Scot here. Finished 3rd here 2 years ago so does have previous course form. A solid 17th last week too with 4 good rounds, after a month off, is another reason to be hopeful. Certainly not the most obvious selection but I'd have him a few points shorter in the market.

Re: Alfred Dunhill Championship > November 28th - December 1st Tournament preview: 1pt ew H.Otto to win Alfred Dunhill Championship 22/1 Skybet (1/4 1-5) Hennie Otto had the tournament seemingly in the palm of his hand last week but he failed to close the deal when the going got tough but he’s experienced enough to avoid a repeat if he is in the same situation again and I think he has an excellent chance of going well. He’s in top form at the minute and was in the top five in both driving accuracy and greens in regulation last week if he can keep the ball in play like that this week he’s going to go very close once again. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/alfred-dunhill-championship-betting-hennie-otto-can-seal-the-deal-after-near-miss-last-week