** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th

Aidymac

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Auxerre v Caen Auxerre are 4-3-0 at home this season 11 scored and only 2 conceded Caen take most of their points at home and on the road it reads 2-1-4 11 scored 12 conceded (and the most recent of those away wins was against lowly Châteauroux) So I'm thinking of Auxerre +0.5 here However I'm only going off the numbers and know nothing of the actual teams. So any team news or actual analysis would be much appreciated.:ok

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Both teams are in good condition ahead of this match and there are few injuries or suspensions for either to worry about. Nobody has an edge in this department so its just a question of who plays better on the night. Auxerre are a solid enough team who have performed quite well at home recently. Their performance against Tours (4-0) was especially impressive, although they do generally lack consistency. Caen meanwhile, have failed to live up to their billing this season and I think they are an overrated side. The Normans are great at home or facing weak opposition, but when they actually have to play against someone decent then they struggle to deliver the goods. Most of their wins have been against sides in the lower half of the table. Auxerre are actually situated in 13th spot, but in all reality they are probably better than that and should move up the table before Christmas. Caen are an attacking side, its just in their DNA and their natural way. This can be to their detriment though, especially when up against smart tactical opposition who know how to expose their weaknesses. AJA probably aren’t the most astute tactical outfit but they do have weapons that can hurt Caen tonight. In Georges Ntep they have one hell of a young star who has a big future ahead of him, whilst Axel Ngando on loan from Rennes has been in great recent form. On a technical level, both of these two guys are excellent and could kill Caen on the counter attack. Auxerre even have powerful striker Sebastian Haller firing now and he’s looked pretty dangerous and more clinical upfront following a dodgy start to the season. I don’t think there’s much difference between these two sides so there’s no reason why Auxerre should be priced so highly. Caen are overrated at the moment, they aren’t as good as some people perceive them to be. I know how this match will go – Caen will look good on the eye but actually fail to deliver when it matters. They will create chances but probably miss a bunch of them. Auxerre have the two best players on the field and its the likes of Ntep and Ngando who can make the difference for them here. I think there’s some nice value with the hosts and I’m going to back them for a few units. I prefer to take the -0.25 line as opposed to DNB, but either is a viable option. Prediction: Auxerre 2-1 Caen Recommended bet: Auxerre -0.25 @ 2.25 5/10

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th I actually felt like they deserved it overall. Caen just got ahead early, mostly due to some good counter attacking play. I never felt Auxerre were out of it though and really fancied them to go on and win it at HT. Very strong ligue 2 round for me, good job because Ligue 1 was a disaster