** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 22 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Angers SCO v Clermont Foot (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]CA Bastia v FC Metz (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4.75[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.85[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Créteil v Troyes AC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.9[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.20 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Dijon FCO v AS Nancy (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Istres v Nîmes Olympique (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.12[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]105.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Brestois 29 v Chamois Niortais (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stade Lavallois v AC Arles-Avignon (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Tours v Le Havre AC (19:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.37[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]98.36 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 23 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]RC Lens v LB Châteauroux (13:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.61[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.65[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 25 November 2013[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]AJ Auxerre v SM Caen (19:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.6[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]104.05 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Angers – Clermont The home team have named virtually the same squad which went and beat Le Havre 2-1 before the international break. Left back Bouka Moutou is injured though which is a blow because he’s been performing surprisingly well this season. Either Roamin Thomas or Fabien Boyer will fill in there now, but neither of them are natural full backs. Angers still have a number of other players sidelined, key midfielder Olivier Auriac is one of them, as is right back Gael Angoula. It seems Angers are constantly bashed up this season and have rarely been in a situation where everyone is fit! Clermont meanwhile, have a couple of suspensions which should affect them in a negative way. Left back Imorou is banned, whilst in midfield, key playmaker Thibault Moulin could be out for up to 5 games with a long suspension. Winger Bilal Hamdi is injured along with the long term Pierrick Cappelle. Clermont have named a lot of attackers in their squad, the problem is that none of them are in particularly good form. That of course has been the main theme for Clermont all season, strikers out of form and a lack of goals. They’ve only scored 13 times in 14 games, embarrassingly only 2 teams have scored less than them this season and one of those is CA Bastia. Key man Mana Dembele hasn’t been scoring as many as expected. I personally think he just wants to move clubs and hasn’t got his heart in things at Clermont anymore. Its very likely the club will sell him come the winter transfer window, they’ve even been dropping him to the bench in recent weeks as potential preparation. Ultimately I think Angers will win here but it might be a close run thing. Clermont are rarely out of any game and pretty hard to beat. They did get blown out by Chateauroux 3-0 a couple of weeks ago but that was an unfair reflection on the game. In total, Clermont have only lost 3 times all year which proves my point about them being hard to defeat. Angers are typically good at home though and have managed to find ways to grind out wins this season. So maybe this will end something like 1-0? I’m not really sure, but the hosts are priced up too short for me to be interested. The asian line is -0.75 when really something like -0.5 would be much fairer. Equally though, there’s no way I’d back Clermont either and this looks like a good match to stay away from. Prediction: Angers 1-0 Clermont Recommended bet: None Brest – Niort Brest still have plenty of injury worries, especially in defence. The trio of Moimbe, Traore and Martial all remain sidelined, all of whom would’ve been in starting contention here. Surprisingly, their best defender Bernard Mendy isn’t projected to start either. Its true he hasn’t had that much game time this season but Brest are in no sort of position not to start their best XI. It’s exactly the same in midfield and attack. Bruno Grougi returns from a 3 match ban but is only expected to warm the bench. With Ayite and Dernis expected to join him in this spot, it just doesn’t make sense to me. Left winger Benoit Lesoimier is still injured, and fellow winger Dominique Pandor isnt even included in the squad despite impressing at times this season. Niort travel here in pretty good condition. Centre back Eric Chelle is still out, but he’s not a massive loss because Pallois and Bong are a decent pairing in the middle of the defence. The rest of the squad is unaffected by any injuries or suspensions and at complete full strength. I’d expect Niort to name a similar XI to the one which drew 2-2 with Lens before the international break. It must be said that Brest aren’t in good knick right now. Something is wrong at the club and they’ve really struggled to adapt since their relegation. After a reasonably good start to the campaign, they’ve now only won 2 of their last 11 games and those victories were against the awful CA Bastia and bang out of form Le Havre. The projected starting XI for this match worries me. Clearly, its not the best team Brest can field so I have doubts as to why coach Alex Dupont is trying some strange selections. Usually its a sign that something ‘isn’t right’ and sets alarm bells ringing. To be honest, Brest will struggle to win this game anyway because Niort are pretty hard to defeat. They will come here looking for a draw and make themselves difficult to break down. Le Chamois have only lost 3 times all year and all of them in understandable situations. I see a low scoring draw or even an away win here but I wont be betting on the contest. Overall the bookies seem to have set their lines pretty fair and there isn’t any value either way. Prediction: Brest 0-0 Niort Recommended bet: None CA Bastia – Metz Poor old CA Bastia. They haven’t had much luck with injuries this season and once again they are depleted for this encounter. A total of 9 players are ruled out of the contest, although the official group of players has yet to be announced. How many of their absences are going to be important you might ask? Well, probably about 4 or 5 of them, the most notable losses are the defensive duo of Truchet and Phojo. But considering their squad is pretty thin, losing 9 players is a real nightmare obviously. Key Metz defender Sylvain Marchal remains injured but this will now be the 7th straight game he misses and they’ve coped pretty well without him so far. In attack, striker Nicolas Fauvergue had to pull out of the squad last minute, but at least central midfielder Ahmed Kashi is deemed fit enough. This is a battle between 20th and 1st in the table and to be brutally honest, yes there is such a wide class difference between the two teams. Metz now have to be considered a power team in Ligue 2 this season and if they keep playing as they have been, promotion will be a walk in the park. They just have too much quality in all areas of the field, thats especially the case upfront where stud striker Diafra Sakho leads the line. Les Grenats have won their last 5 consecutive matches and they should be able to add to that tally here. The simple truth is that CA Bastia are a pretty awful team. Amazingly, they managed to beat Nimes 1-0 on the road last time out, but in all truth they were lucky and faced a side who didn’t seem to care much in that contest. CAB have actually only lost twice at home this season but Metz are different proposition. They are playing the best football out of anyone in Ligue 2 at the moment and just seem in great form. Some people might argue that no team deserves to be an odds on shot away from home in Ligue 2, but this is a rare example where I think its legitimate. Metz should have enough to prevail and I’m going to back them. I don’t actually expect a blowout win but the visitors will find a way to collect the 3 points. Prediction: CA Bastia 0-1 Metz Recommended bet: Metz -0.5 @ 1.97 5/10 Creteil – Troyes The hosts have a squad in prime condition with no injuries to worry about. GK Kerboriou suffered a slight problem in training this week but he should be fine to start. Key midfielder Ibrahima Seck returns after a month out and should be in starting contention. Compared to their previous match, CB Di Bartolomeo and midfielder Cheikh Ndoye are also available. Their best striker Andriatsima was benched a couple of weeks ago, but will almost certainly be in the XI tonight. Young fullback Jordan Ikoko (on loan from PSG) might be given a breather to the bench as he was involved with the French U21 side during the international break. Troyes have yet to release their squad at the time of writing, but they are expected to have a full team to choose from. The likes of Court, Jean, Grax and Psaume have all recovered from their injuries and are in contention for selection. This is an interesting match between two teams who should both be lining up at full strength. Its just a question of who plays better on the night, no side has the edge in terms of injuries or suspensions. Creteil are a strange team, very much capable of anything. Naturally they are an attacking side but can quite easily change their tactics to become negative and hard to break down. Meanwhile, it’s no secret that Troyes are a very positive side who like to pass the ball around nicely and play attractive football. This can sometimes be to their detriment though because a tough physical team with a good gameplan can easily undo them. Troyes also have away issues and have only won once on their travels this season (vs Istres). On paper they are a quality side but I don’t think they should be favoured here. I like backing the home underdog for a small number of units, the price is too big to ignore. Creteil are usually a pretty solid team and it must be remembered that only Dijon have managed to beat them at home so far this season. Prediction: Creteil 2-1 Troyes Recommended bet: Creteil 0AH @ 2.18 3/10 Dijon – Nancy Dijon have some issues. At the back, important experienced defender Cedric Varrault is injured. He’ll likely be out for a while and his presence will be missed in defence. In midifeld, Johan Gastien is suspended which is another blow because he’s been one of their more dependable players this season. DFOC also still miss the attacking trio of Tavares, Berenguer and Thil. It’s not as if Dijon are down to their bare bones, but their squad is definitely looking very thin in places and the team is hampered. Nancy meanwhile, have no injuries or suspensions to deal with. They had a couple of players involved internationally last weekend but both Moukandjo and Walter should’ve had a sufficient recovery time now. The former will also be boosted by scoring for Cameroon in their crucial WC qualifier against Tunisia. Nancy have been a completely transformed team under the management of Pablo Correa. He boasts a 100% ligue record since his return to the club and I think Nancy now have to be considered as one of the better sides in the division. Correa is both an excellent motivational and tactical coach and has to be respected. I’m sure he’ll come up with a great gameplan to tackle Dijon tonight. The hosts recently had their 10 match unbeaten run ended, but have actually been playing fairly poorly for a while. Les Rouges have only won 1 of their last 5 contests which is hardly a very good return. Nancy are the superior team team now, especially when you factor in the absences Dijon have. Yet somehow Dijon are actually an odds on shot with a number of bookies! I’m not sure how this is possible but its completely wrong. Yes, Dijon do deserve favouritism here, but not by such a strong margin. I don’t usually like to back away sides in France unless there is immense value or the team your backing is of great quality. But I think in this instance there’s a strong case that both of these factors are very close to being met. The price on Nancy +0.5 is far too big IMO and needs to be backed. Ultimately, I think a draw is the more likely result, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the visitors claimed all 3 points. Prediction: Dijon 1-1 Nancy Recommended bet: Nancy +0.5 @ 1.88 4/10 Laval – Arles The hosts have 3 players ruled out here. The first is CB Miodrag Stosic who is injured. Stosic has been playing more regularly in the last few weeks, but I don’t consider him a massive loss. The suspended duo of Hassane Alla (CMID) and Anthony Robic on the wings are more important absences though. Alla has been a lynchpin in the middle of the park for Laval this season whilst Robic offers plenty of creativity out wide. At least Les Tangos don’t have anyone else missing though and in general they should be able to cope ok. Arles are at full strength in defence but do have absences in midfield and upfront. The most important players that will miss this match are Hugo Rodriguez, Teji Savanier and Ben Sangare. The squad is still in ok condition though and it’s not as if they miss a star player or anything. Something that has to be mentioned here is that Arles were embarrassingly knocked out of the French Cup last weekend 3-0 against CFA2 side Ales (similar name). Obviously this was a shocking outcome but it just proves how poor they are away from home. Arles have struggled on the road all season and have a poor 1-1-5 record their only victory came against local rivals Nimes which was a different type of contest. The other problem that Arles have is scoring goals. They’ve only netted a measly 11 times in 14 matches, the 2nd worst scoring record in the ligue. Laval meanwhile are fairly good at home and have won 3 of their last 4 in front of their own fans. The problem they might face here is a brick wall though. Most teams aren’t content with just a draw in Laval, but Arles are one side who would be happy with a point tonight. They will line up rigid, defensive and hard to break down. Laval could get frustrated, they aren’t used to facing teams like this. Even despite this risk though I’m still going to back the hosts. This sort of price on a -0.25 line is too big to resist and considering Arles’ terrible scoring record, hitting the back of the net just once might be enough for Laval to pick up all 3 points. Prediction: Laval 1-0 Arles Recommended bet: Laval -0.25 @ 1.98 4/10 Tours – Le Havre Tours have had great luck with squad selection this season, but for once they might have some problems. Most of the issues are in defence where both Bouhours and Schwechlen are both massively doubtful because of illness. Strangely, there’s also no sign of Thomas Fontaine in the squad either, I have no idea if he’ll end up playing or not. Tours could end up potentially missing 3 of their regular back 4! What is a certainty though is the suspension of key striker Andy Delort. He’s been great for them upfront so far this season and his presence will be missed. The visitors have backup GK Simon Pontdeme and defender Cyriaque Louvion suspended. Neither are massive losses though and probably wouldn’t have started anyway. In midfield, Roamin Saiss is injured again and this is more of a blow. Attacker Mickael Le Bihan is still on the sidelines too. Centre back Zargo Toure was on international duty with Senegal last week (he didn’t play), but might still be feeling the after effects of travelling. Both teams were shockingly eliminated from the French Cup last weekend. Tours lost to a side 2 divisions below them which is bad enough, but Le Havre suffered defeat facing an unheard of DH side, who come from one of the lowest echelons of French football! If Tours were at full strength here then I’d back them without hesitation. Le Havre under the management of Eric Mombaerts are close to an automatic fade every week until he gets sacked. One more bad result would surely see the end of him, he’s in last chance territory now. But if Tours do line up without the key players I mentioned, then Havre actually have a chance here. The issue is that Tours have played with such a consistent squad this season, especially in defence that I have no idea how their team dynamics would operate with a sudden big change. Another factor to consider is that Havre prefer being underdogs. Remarkably they’ve been favourites with the bookmakers in 11 out of 14 contests this season! In the 3 games that they were dogs, they drew both times in addition to suffering an unfortunate loss at Caen. I must say I’m annoyed here though because Tours -0.25 is a great price. When this line came out about a week ago I was licking my lips at the prospect of backing the hosts. The bookies also had no idea that a sudden illness would affect a couple of key players and probably overlooked the suspension of Delort too. The simple fact is that Le Havre are massively overrated and are a poisonous team. It’s just really unfortunate that team news ensures the bookies are getting away with murder tonight. It may well be that Tours will win anyway because Le Havre are so bad at the moment. But it’s sadly a no bet situation for me because of the potential Tours absences. It’s painful to have to let this one go, but I think it’s the most sensible solution. Prediction: Tours 1-1 Le Havre Recommended bet: None

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Istres – Nimes It seems that Istres have rarely had a full squad of players from which to pick from all season and thats exactly the case again here. The first area of concern is in between the sticks where no1 GK Arnaud Balijon is injured. This means that backup custodian Florian Lejeune will have to start – and this could prove to be disastrous. Lejeune was terrible in his only previous start this season, he’s an accident waiting to happen IMO! At least the rest of the Istres defence is at full strength though so they might have a chance of shielding Lejeune. In midfield, the duo of Ba (inj) and Tardieu (susp) are both missing though and these are key blows. Upfront, Dabo (inj) and Diarra (susp) will also miss this contest. Nimes aren’t without issues either. Left back Fanchone is injured, although they do welcome back Jeremy Cordoval on the right hand side of defence. Key playmaker Vincent Gragnic remains on the sidelines and now left winger Mathieu Robail joins him on the injury list. Nimes have signed midfielder Abdelhakim Omrani this week, who is expected to immediately start for them. This seems really strange to me, I just don’t see how he’ll be used to their tactics or system yet. Geographically, this is a derby game, although because Istres hardly have any fans its not a hate fixture or anything like that. In fact, Nimes will probably have more supporters here, Istres just aren’t a well supported club and even for a derby game like this I’d expect the attendance to be low. Both teams are in pretty poor form. Istres have lost 6 of their last 7 games whilst Nimes have lost 5 of their last 8. Its a battle between 19th and 17th in the table, which says it all really. The big question is exactly which Nimes side will turn up? On paper they aren’t a bad unit when playing to their potential, but recent performances have left a lot to be desired. They even lost to CA Bastia prior to the international break which is obviously a massive low point. Istres -0.25 is a fairly juicy price in all honesty but I’m reluctant to back them. There are a few reasons for this. Firstly, this is a derby encounter which means more to Nimes and they might inexplicably raise their level of play for this contest. Secondly, I have a terrible record predicting Istres games this season, I just find them a really really hard side to forecast and can never trust them. Thirdly, I’m worried that no2 GK Lejeune could do some ridiculously stupid things and cost them at least one goal on his own. So I’ll stay away, although I am predicting Istres to sneak the 3 points, I’ve got a feeling they might prevail. One bet I will take though is over 2.25 goals. This is going to be a much more open game than some people might think, Istres especially love to attack. The odds are really big on the overs and worth a small punt. Prediction: Istres 2-1 Nimes Recommended bet: Over 2.25 goals @ 2.11 3/10

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Just be careful of the weather, especially for the game Dijon-Nancy. Snow arrives earlier this year and it has already appeared above Dijon and more generally in North East of France. So think about it for Ligue 1 as well. The game is not postponed, I have now info about this actually. But obviously an under bet should be the safest one. On the other hand, nothing special for Corsica and a victory of Metz is sure to happen for me, even the handicap.

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Some exellent previews once again Meatman :clap Judging by what you've said regarding Tours V Le Havre, I think I'll try Both To Score = YES @ 1.83 - Ladbrokes. Tours have already scored and conceded in five out of six of their home fixtures this season and while Le Havre have only had three games end with both sides scoring out of their seven away fixtures, you'd have to think the defensive absences on Tours' side would give them cause for optimism here. So you'd have to fancy both to score as Tours seem like they know where the back of the net is at home. I'm not brave enough to touch the overs but both to score is good enough for me as I don't see either side running out 3-0 winners. The 1-1 scoreline predicted above seems very likely IMO.

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Roughly a loss of about -0.80, which I can take. Of the losers, well Troyes pretty much smashed and grabbed a 3-0 win showing great clinicality on the counter attack. Laval - Arles was an end to end contest where a draw was pretty fair. The one gripe I do have tonight was losing Nancy +0.5. By rights that game should've ended 0-0, there was hardly a chance in it. Dijon basically converted one of their few opportunities. Very unfortunate loser. Still a good chance to end the round in decent profit, I have strong fancies for both home teams in the remaining 2 games

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Lens – Chateauroux The hosts only have CB Yahia injured, although he’s an important loss. They tend to be much more vulnerable at the back when he doesn’t play, although in a match like this one facing fairly weak opposition, it shouldn’t matter as much. The good news for Lens is that they welcome back a number of players, including the strike duo of Ljuboja and Touzghar. Coach Antoine Kombouare has a wealth of options to choose from and their bench depth will be very strong for this match. Chateauroux have young CB Dennis Bain injured, and key midfielder Luis Ramos remains out too. In general, the squad isn’t in bad condition though and most of the workforce is available for selection. Lens are one of the best teams in the ligue and have an excellent 6-1-0 home record. They are very strong in front of their own fans where they are always strongly supported by about a 30,000 crowd, a huge number compared to most other teams. Lens dont always win pretty but they find a way to grind out results. Coach Antoine Kombouare has instilled a hard, tough and winning mentality on this team and I’m sure long term he’ll get them promoted. Lens have a lot of quality in their ranks and using their 4-4-2 system at home, a lot of chances are often created. This really should end up as a routine home win because Chateauroux are a poor outfit. Their away record reads a miserable 0-1-6 and they are renowned as one of the worse travelling teams in Ligue 2. In fact, Les Berrichonne haven’t won any of their last 31 Ligue 2 away games (21 losses, 10 draws). They’ve recently had a change of coach, but Jean Louis Garcia can only work with the pretty poor tools he has. The visitors were even beaten by CFA opposition in last week’s French Cup. Garcia having taken over at Chateauroux also adds some extra spice here. He had a miserable time a year or so ago as manager of Lens and he’ll probably get a very rowdy reception by the crowd today. The ex boss will want revenge but then Lens will be desperate to get one over him too. The hosts might also be extra motivated by the news that billionaire shareholder/owner Hafiz Mammadov will be in attendance for this fixture, the first time he’ll have witnessed a game. Lens are one of my favourite plays of the weekend, in fact they are going to be my biggest bet of the season so far. They will get the business done here, the gulf in class is just too much. Playing at 14:00 won’t do them any harm either because away teams usually struggle to cope in this fixture time due to circadian rhythms. The asian line on Lens should be -1.25, but instead a juicy -1 is on offer as an odds-against shot. I’m going to stake the maximum 10 units on this bet because I’m extremely confident Lens will at the very least claim victory. But in all reality I’m expecting a blowout success. Prediction: Lens 3-0 Chateauroux Recommended bet: Lens -1 (asian) @ 2.10 10/10

Re: Ligue 2 > November 22nd - 25th Slightly nervous, especially when C'roux hit the bar with 3 mins left. But Lens deserved to win and 2-0 was a pretty fair reflection. Chateauroux actually had a reasonably good tactical gameplan today, despite their deficiencies of quality compared to Lens. The defence especially was pretty well positioned for the most part and despite having a lot of possession and creating a lot of pressure Lens never had 'that many' clear cut chances. So Chateauroux weren't as bad as I expected, but I'll take a 2-0 win an a much needed +11 profit out of the game.