** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anytime will do !!

jtw1

Re: Anytime will do !!

Well done. I need to pay a bit more attention to this thread as I think I read the odds as being 1.8 and thought "that's a bit skinny for my taste"! :)
Sorry Harry i should make it clearer that S-P-G stands for the average shots per game that player has had this season ..

Re: Anytime will do !! Last season i chose to go for generally the obvious selections eg the players who had scored the most for each side and it proved fairly successful showing a 30pt profit . This season however i've decided to approach the stats from a different angle and go for those players who have a high shots-per-game average [available from whoscored.com] The Bundesliga is the obvious league to consider due to the high number of goals scored but for Friday i've had a look and decided to have an interest in CORDOBA v LA CORUNA in La Liga. The player who caught the eye is La Coruna's JUANFRAN . The difference in his stats between home games and aways is quite noticeable . His overall SpG stands at 1.5 with no goals scored. At home that average drops to 0.8 but when the aways only are looked at the average SpG jumps up to 2.3 !! not too bad for a Midfielder/Defender. I can only assume that tactics allow for him to become more offensive when playing away. CORDOBA are rock bottom of the table , conceding 18 goals with the opposition scoring in 4 from 5 home games while LA CORUNA have scored in 4 of 5 aways . Stake 5pts on JUANFRAN to score anytime @ 9.0 with Stan James

Re: Anytime will do !! Read the post and had my fancy tickled sufficiently to look at following you. Looks like 11/1 is on offer for those (unlike me) who have an account with Bwin. Even better than that though, in my opinion at least, is the opportunity to buy his goal minutes at 3 with SPIN, and that's what I've done. I'd equate that to around 16/1 anytime with a shot at a much better return on stake risked if he scores in the second half, the later the better! Obviously you run the risk of being disappointed should he score his only goal in the first minute but, in the long run, taking the better value option is the way to go. A goal from the 27th minute onwards wins you at least 8 times your stake and 36th onwards at least matches the 11/1. Anyway, good luck with the bet and I hope my ramble makes sense!

Re: Anytime will do !! I think , looking at the game stats , that once LA CORUNA were down to 10 men after 30 mins it was a case of not losing as there were 0 shots on target from 1 attempt and a possession % of 76-34 for CORDOBA in the 2nd half . Back to Saturday and the Bundsliga ..:) AUGBURG take on PADERBORN and it's the away side i'm concentrating on with Moritz STOPPELKAMP catching the eye . This attacking mid-fielder has 3 goals from 10 appearances this season [ 2 in 4 aways ] and has a Shots-per-Game average of 2.5 this season in both home and away games. His odds of 6.00 from bet365 are worth taking imho

lol thanks man! I played Luigi Castaldo to score @ 4,00 ( modena-avellino ) he wa with 5 played 6 goals only away and he scored! :D
Nice one mate ...:ok Despite 4 goal attempts , STOPPELKAMP [as did Paderborn], failed to score in a 3 -0 defeat. In the match of the Borrusia's later on today i think that Max KRUSE has a good chance of scoring for M'GLADBACH. An overall record of 5 goals in 8 appearance's is strong enough in itself but away from home he has netted twice in 3 games and has a Shots-per-Game average of 2.3 in away games . DORTMUND have conceded at least once in every League game this season . KRUSE to score anytime is 4.0 with Betfred .

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anytime will do !! Putting this one up early as the odds may contract later in the week.. FREIBURG are playing away to MAINZ on Saturday and that means V DARIDA is back in the sights as a potential anytime goalscorer . He done the business for us a couple of weeks ago in which he scored a penalty BUT also recorded 4 other shots on goal . His shots-on-goal average overall is 1.9 with 3 goals scored [all pens] and his away S-o-G has risen to 2.3. He is generally 3.5 to 4.5 in the betting but Boylesports are offering 7.0 , I'll have my usual 5pts on that .

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Anytime will do !! Typically DARIDA failed to score away to MAINZ last week but managed to net the only goal for FREIBURG in tonight's 4-1 defeat at home to STUTTGART.. On Saturday i'm going to give M STOPPELKAMP another chance to score anytime in the away game in BREMEN . He has scored 2 goals in 5 aways with a Shots-per-Game average of 2.8 in away games compared to 2.1 in home matches. W BREMEN prop up the Bundesliga in 18th place and will be missing regular left-back GARCIA and right-back FRITZ to suspension. STOPPELKAMP to score anytime @ 4.6 from Boylesports is worth an interest

Re: Anytime will do !! Friday ----- DORTMUND v HOFFENHEIM - I like the chance of A MODESTE scoring anytime for HOFFENHEIM in this match. MODESTE has scored 3 in 5 aways with a Shots-per-game average of 2.2 in those 5 . He's currently 4.0 with Betfred compared to 2.75 with Corals.

Friday ----- DORTMUND v HOFFENHEIM - I like the chance of A MODESTE scoring anytime for HOFFENHEIM in this match. MODESTE has scored 3 in 5 aways with a Shots-per-game average of 2.2 in those 5 . He's currently 4.0 with Betfred compared to 2.75 with Corals.
Only came on for the 2nd half but failed to have a shot on target ... Can we count on the reliable DARIDA to score for FREIBURG away to PADERBORN today ?? I hope so as at 4.50 with bet365 he's a decent bet . Away from home he has a Shots-per-game average of 2 and has 3 goals from 7 aways. PADERBORN have conceded in their last 4 homes

Re: Anytime will do !! Having an interest on S OKAZAKI to score his 6th away goal this season in the early kick-off in the Bundesliga this afternoon. OKAZAKI has an Shots-on-Goal average of 2 and , as indicated above , has scored 5 times away from home . He is 3.0 to score anytime and with Hamburg missing their regular Central Defensive Midfielder in Heiko Westermann due to injury he may get enough chance's just to do that .

Re: Anytime will do !! There appears to be a potential goal-fest tonight in the Bundesliga when HOFFENHEIM [scored 16 conceded 12 in 7 homes] take on FRANKFURT [scored 10 conceded 10 in 6 aways] At first glance you may think i'll be nominating Frankfurt's A MEIER to score his 4th away goal of the season and you'd be spot on ..:D With a Shots-per-Game average of 2.2 and 3 away goals this season he looks a very tempting 3.50 with Totesport to score anytime against a side who have concede 7 in their last 2 homes

There appears to be a potential goal-fest tonight in the Bundesliga when HOFFENHEIM [scored 16 conceded 12 in 7 homes] take on FRANKFURT [scored 10 conceded 10 in 6 aways] At first glance you may think i'll be nominating Frankfurt's A MEIER to score his 4th away goal of the season and you'd be spot on ..:D With a Shots-per-Game average of 2.2 and 3 away goals this season he looks a very tempting 3.50 with Totesport to score anytime against a side who have concede 7 in their last 2 homes
5 goals in the game but unfortunately none for MEIER ...:eyes A couple of bets in the Bundesliga today .. First is Julien SCHIEBER to score for HERTHA at home to DORTMUND . SCHEIBER has a S-p-G average of 3.3 from 3 home games with 2 scored . HERTHA have still managed 10 goals from 7 home games despite being 15th while DORTMUND have conceded 8 in 7 aways . Odds - 5.00 [bet365] Second bet is Anthony UJAH to score anytime for KOLN away to SCHALKE . UJAH has a S-p-G average of 1.6 away from home , scoring 3 in 7 appearances away from home . KOLN have scored 10 in 7 aways [only 4 goals at home] . SCHALKE have conceded 7 at home . Odds - 3.50

Re: Anytime will do !! A jolly nice couple of winners on Saturday...:nana SCHEIBER scored for Hetha while UJAH netted for KOLN . Selections - 13 Wins - 6 Profit to 5pt stake - +110.00pts There's a full Bundesliga programme on Tuesday/Wednesday HAMBURG v AUGSBURG and there's a couple of players for the home side i like the look of .. JOSELU is the top scorer for Hamburg who have found a decent vein of home form after a poor start to the season .They have won their last 3 homes and JOSELU has scored 3 of his 5 goals at home [ and has scored in the last 3 league matches] His S-p-G average at home is 3.0 His odds for scoring are 3.25. Also in the HAMBURG squad is midfielder Lars STINDL who has a home S-p-G average of 3.0 and has scored 3 goals in 5 appearances , those 3 goals coming in the last 3 matches . His odds are a tempting 5.30 KOLN v MAINZ and once again i have to highlight the chance of A UJAH being on the scoresheet . His S-p-G average is 2.0 with 2 goals scored , he is undoubtedly one of the in-form strikers in the Bundesliga as he has scored in 5 of his last 7 starts and he faces a team who have conceded 15 in 8 aways. His odds of 3.10 to score anytime are worth an interest . His opposite number for MAINZ is the consistent S OKAZAKI who has 8 goals to his credit this season with no fewer than 6 of those coming away from home [i believe i highlighted his preference for away goals last season] He has a S-p-G average of 2.0 in aways [actually lower than the 2.70 for homes ] He is 3.30 to score anytime. I'll have 5pts on each selection

Re: Anytime will do !! Will update the totals after todays games. WERDER BREMEN take on DORTMUND at home today and i still can't understand why DORTMUND are odds-on to win away from home when they are in 15th place in the table ?? As you may have guessed todays first selection is JUNUZOVIC to score anytime for BREMEN . He has a S-p-G average of 2.9 at home while scoring 2 of his 3 goals in Bremen . BREMEN have scored 9 times in their last 3 homes while DORTMUND have conceded 7 in their last 4 aways . He is a decent 6.50 with bet365 .....if you have an account with Unibet you can help yourself to 8.00 AUGSBERG v M'gladbach ..and i like the look of Tobias WERNER to score for the home side . He has a S-p-G average of 2.5 and has scored 3 times at home. AUGSBURG have scored 15 goals in 7 homes [ netted in all except last time v Bayern ] Gladbach have conceded in their last 3 aways Odds - 3.75 from bet365 for WERNER to score.

Re: Anytime will do !! JUNUZOVIC failed to score in AUGSBURG's 2-1 home win WERNER never played . HERTHA's J SCHIEBER has scored in his last 3 games , his S-p-G at home is 2.8 with 3 home goals scored. Bet365 are offering 3.25 In the later game , HANNOVER's Lars STINDL has again caught the eye with a S-p-G average of 2.3 and all 3 of his goals coming away from home . Bet365 have him at 5.0

• 1 month later...

Re: Anytime will do !! Lets try to get this up and running again before the Bundesliga re-starts .. LA LIGA - 17.00 - CAGLIARI v SASSUOLO The player i'm interested in is SASSUOLO's Simone ZAZA . A striker , he has scored 7 goals in 14 appearances [one of those appearances was only for 4 mins as he came on as a sub] 3 of those 7 came away from home [one of which was that 4min game] , in which his Shots-per-Game average is a very respectable 3.1 [2.6 at home] SASSUOLO have scored in 8 of their last 9 aways in All comps while CAGLIARI have conceded in 10 of all 11 aways [All comps] this season. Bet365 are offering 3.5 on ZAZA to score anytime , and providing he starts , that's a decent enough bet for me ...:ok Stake the usual 5pts

• 2 years later...
10 hours ago, jtw1 said:

Paper trail only for a few weeks

Alkmaar - Guus Til  - 4/1    :eyes   -10pts

Freiburg - Neiderlechner  -  12/5     :ok     +34pts

Sassuolo - Berardi -  13/5     :ok      +36pts

Burnley - Woods - 12/5      :eyes    -10pts

30pts profit to a 10pt stake on each  [virtual of course]

Edited by jtw1
poor maths !!!